jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:15 am

Post by jeep »

Dawn, Buffy's apprentice??? Don't watch the show?

Dawn is Buffy's sister. She didn't
exist
in season 3. She is also far from 'very human.' She is 'The Key' put into human form by monks, in season 5. Sorry.

confirm vote: Pudd'nhead

-JEEP
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:31 am

Post by quercitron »

Ouch.

That sounds fairly convincing.

Vote: Puddguy
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:40 am

Post by Sofis »

Gah. Damn you jeep, I was about to say that.

Vote: Pudd'nhead Wilson
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:39 am

Post by Luna »

Ok, that's six, yes?

The town gathers around Pudd'nhead Wilson. He backs away, nervously.

"Dawn, huh?" mutters jeep, a stake appearing in his hand. "Must think we were born yesterday. Or perhaps created by monks yesterday."

"No - listen, pet, you've got it all wrong --"

Pudd'nhead never gets to finish his sentence. The cloud of dust drifts gently away on the breeze, and the town looks rather pleased with itself.

Pudd'nhead Wilson is dead. He was Spike, the Serial Killer - he could kill one player every night, but was not affiliated with the main vampire-mafia group.

It is night, send choices.
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:21 pm

Post by Pudd'nhead Wilson »

Bloody--! Don't any of
you
ever watch the show? I thought she was supposed to be a clone of Buffy!

Oh, well...it was fun while it lasted.
Behold, the fool saith, Put not all thine eggs in the one basket--which is but a manner of saying, Scatter your money and your attention; but the wise man saith, put all your eggs in the one basket and--WATCH THAT BASKET.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:53 am

Post by mith »

Dawn was a ball of energy put into human form by some monks, that figured the best way to protect it/her was to put her with the slayer. She was also cloned from Buffy somehow (I haven't actually seen all of Season 5, but anyway).
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:31 pm

Post by Luna »

The sun rises over the town of Sunnydale, and the townspeople begin to emerge from their houses, looking rather anxious about what they might find...

Nothing.

No corpses.

Everything appears to be peaceful.

How very disturbing.

It is now day; 5 to lynch.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:23 pm

Post by ralphmerridew »

I think you should rewrite that paragraph; from the massive silence since you posted, it looks like everyone in the town is dead.
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:16 pm

Post by Luna »

~pokes the town with a stick~

Go forth! Slay vampires! Or townies! Whatever!
"Call me a wimp or call me luna, but I figure if I'm gonna get screwed this game it might as well be by mith."
--Sketchwick
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:25 pm

Post by Sofis »

Hmm. Yesterday, jeep mentioned suspicions towards Puddn'head Wilson and Angel Fish. He turned out to be completely correct about Mr. Wilson, which might be considered a reason for voting for Angel Fish today... however, I seldom trust my own gut feelings, so voting for someone because of someone else's gut feeling is not very high on my list of mafia strategies...

What else...
The bandwagon against Puddn'head came into being extremely quickly. It went from nonexistance to four votes in four consecutive posts, even though there wasn't much (any) reasoning to back it up. So that is kind of suspicious. Those four posts are also kind of interesting, in that two of them mention suspicions towards other members of said group of four (Soothsayer suspects jeep suspects Angel Fish. Poki just says baaaah).

Other than that, nothing noteworthy happened last round (as far as I can see). Not enough for me to vote anyone yet, but I thought I'd post something to help keep the thread floating while I go off to think some more...
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:34 pm

Post by jeep »

~ouch~: Hey the site's been down quite a bit over the last couple nights... sure it's usually only for 15-30 minutes at a time buts still... ~rubs ribs~

~is happy and surprised to be alive~

While I think waiting to see who posts is probably the best strategy, it's quite boring, esp. if everyone has the same idea.

Well as I said yesterday, I think Angel Fish is a little fishy and after re-reading the whole thread, Sofis stands out too.

I guess I'll go with my gut and
vote: Angel Fish

So I know five pro-town roles that HAVE to exist and, of course, Mr. Trick. So two people have one of a few roles. So did we have 3 mafia + spy(faith) + serial killer (who was blocked first night) or only two mafia who could activate Faith?

My bet is on Sofis and Angel Fish being the remaining vamps. The only reason I really question Sofis is that it's clear that Goo found an innocent first day, and he defended Sofis. Dont know if that was because he found Sofis innocent of because he suspected Sketchwick. However, Sofis was at the end of Sketch's bandwagon (trying to look innocent?) and then tried to put suspicion on me based on Sketch's revealing that he investigated me.

The only other thing that really stood out was the fact that JDTAY isn't standing out. Probably because of the hassling he got when signing up for the game, but you never know.

Anyway, I stand by my guess from yesterday and point *** Finger of Suspicion: Sofis ***

Discuss!

-JEEP

P.S. Hmm... while writing this, Sofis posted... PW was pretty clear that he wanted to get rid of the SK hunter (as opposed to a 'possible mafia'). That made him the prime candidate for Spike.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:24 pm

Post by Sofis »

jeep wrote:However, Sofis was at the end of Sketch's bandwagon (trying to look innocent?)

I'm not sure how that makes me look innocent...
I didn't vote Sketchwick at first since I wanted him to claim results before being lynched, and once I saw the post where he admitted to being evil (seven hours after it was made), I voted for him.

jeep wrote:and then tried to put suspicion on me based on Sketch's revealing that he investigated me.

I did? I'm pretty sure I didn't intend to. Are you sure you're not confusing me with someone else (like Puddn'head in post 111)? The only post I made on that subject was 113 which, admittedly, pointed out a flaw in your idea about what happened that night, but calling it "trying to put suspicion on" is quite a stretch.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:03 am

Post by mole »

Well, I'm here, but I don't know anything at all.

I'll be back tomorrow (after I've searched the thread for some clues), but now I have to study for a maths exam. :(
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:06 am

Post by Angel Fish »

Well, I'm torn.

I agree that Sofis appears suspicious (reasons stated by others). On the other hand, it's mostly jeep's logic that has pointed me that way, and, although he was right about PW, he isn't right about me.

And a vampire would want the serial killer dead, wouldn't he?

I've looked back through the thread, and I can't see what I've said which makes me suspicious at all, so I'm making my vote
Jeep
untill he makes clear what it is I've said/done - because I have a 'gut instinct' that he's using his success at finding the serial killer to try and bandwagon a townie, i.e. me.
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
Townie
Soothsayer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:56 am

Post by Soothsayer »

I'm going to help this game get moving as well.

vote: Jeep
to force him into proving his innocense
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:30 am

Post by quercitron »

Not convinced by either yet, so to even bandwagons (more info later)

Vote: Angel Fish
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:35 am

Post by jeep »

Prove my innocence? I can't prove my innocence, but I will state my role, even after a mere two votes.

I'm in the Dingoes. I don't have a name, unfortunately. (At least, if I do, I'm certain it was never stated in the show... it might be on the scripts.) Anyone who knows the show and noticed that the only other unnamed Dingo is dead should know the instrument I play.

Now, I would encourage a vampire to come out and denounce me. I don't think it will happen. But I'd gladly trade my life for one of the remaining vamps.

I would like to thank the doc role (Buffy?) for protecting me last know. I know that Oz was saying that if he was mafia, that he'd kill me. I hoped that the protectors would protect me.

-JEEP
poki
poki
Townie
poki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:33 pm

Post by poki »

Jeep was right about Puddguy. Baaah

Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:53 pm

Post by Angel Fish »

Great, so we have two bandwagons. One for someone who claims to be a Dingo (mason, I presume), and one for a townsperson.
Lose-lose for the town.

I can't critique Jeep, since he's declared that those who denounce him must be vampires.

he still hasn't, however, pointed out what it is about me that makes me suspicious.

Come on Jeep, tell me that it's more than a wild guess that has made you suspicious of me. I don't have a snazzy role I can wave about to 'prove' my innocence.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:46 am

Post by jeep »

C'mon folks, let's play this game!!!

What I meant by people denouncing me was that anyone else claiming I wasn't a Dingo because they were is clearly a vamp. I have others who COULD back me up if they needed to.

Like I said, it was a gut feel. It is possible that there is one more townie. There are certain characters that I feel
must
be in the game. If there is only Mr. Trick against us, then there is probably one townie or other minor role. I thik there's probably two vampires. I think you're Mr. Trick and a little gunshy about claiming a role after Pudd'nhead got his just desserts.

I'll risk lynching you, sonce I don't believe you really are a townie.

Soothsayer, I've 'proven' my innocence you can unvote me now. :)

-JEEP
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:30 am

Post by quercitron »

After jeep's post, I suppose I'd better get this over with.

I am a Townie. I have been happily following bandwagons the whole game. I don't know enough about Buffy to know who *must* be out there, but I trust jeep's judgment, especially since he's basically a confirmed innocent. Thus, if there's only room for one Townie, that would be me. Not Fishy.

Keeping my vote where it is.

q
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:46 am

Post by JDTAY »

Bah. All right then. But I better not take the blame for this if Angel Fish turns out to be innocent.

Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:25 am

Post by Angel Fish »

*shrugs*

I guess there are two townies then. Can we afford to lynch an innocent, assuming that the vamps go after jeep or quercitron tonight? That would leave us with, what, 2 vamps & 4 townies, or even 3 on 3?

Since nobody's actually offered a good reason why they think I'm suspicious I can't even start to defend myself.

If you're going to lynch me to prove a point, you'd better darn well win after my death :wink: .
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:21 pm

Post by jeep »

I keep thinking about this and nothing quite adds up.

I am assuming that the folowing people exist because they were main cast in season 3:
Buffy- protector and/or vigilante
Willow- investigator or vigilante
Oz- mason
Oz's bassist- mason (me)
Mr. Trick- in the death scenes, so must exist- works for the mayor, main baddie in season 3

That's 5 out of 8 living.

I am beginning to second guess myself, but I would guess these would have to be in the game, too:
Xander
Cordelia

I'm starting to second guess strictly because they do not have a abilities that map to mafia well. Heck, I wondered why Devon wasn't part of our band, but I understand that a four person mason lodge would be too large in this game.

So that's 7 + 1 townie or bad guy or minor character.

Angel Fish: Here are some reasons, I was going to resist the urge to go back, but...
re: sketchwick
I do wrry that we should be looking elsewhere & this is just a smokescreen.

Trying to divert attention from your spy?

There was one other place that piqued my interest, but I don't see it right now.

Then:
I'd like to do an OMGUS, but I actually thing Jeep maybe right about half his accusations, so, instead:
Made me think you knew you were mafia and suspected Pudd'nhead was innocent, making me 'half right.' I thought you were just being cute.

And the fact that I was likely targetted by both a protector and the vamps last night... maybe I was on the right track?

In re-reading the thread, Sofis raised a my eyebrow, too. Sofis does seem a bit more suspicious on re-reading the thread.

And finally, no one else has given me a better theory. I'm not 100% convinced you are a vamp. Yesterday, I was something like 60% sure of you and 80% sure of Pudd'nhead. Hence, I went with PW.

So I'm just going with my gut. If I'm wrong, I apologize. If you have better evidence, put it forth and I'll weigh it against my gut feel and everyone else is more likely to go with evidence over my guess...

-JEEP
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
Townie
Soothsayer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:13 pm

Post by Soothsayer »

sounds plausable enough for me (at the mo)

unvote: Jeep
vote: Angel

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”