Windchill
Windchill
Townie
Windchill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:30 am

Post by Windchill »

Of course Im an idiot and wrote ambic in that post, when Im playing under the name windchill.

* slaps head *

windchill and ambic = the same person
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:51 am

Post by MeMe »

Although I'm sure BigFella is a meanie :wink:, there's
no way
he'd create two unreliable cops in a mini with 5+ evil roles. Trusting Windchill's investigations and agreeing with her diagnosis of my reverse investigations...

Vote: Discer
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:40 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

vote: discer
on the basis of investigations, but I was gonna vote for him anyway because he supported EsCon's totally unbelievable "only 1 mafia left" breakdown yesterday. I had those two pegged as either scum or stupid after that show of lunacy, and now that EsCon has turned up scum, it's time for discer to go.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:43 am

Post by MeMe »

I noticed this weird series of events when going back over the thread...
ambic wrote:
Random vote 007

Sorry pal - first post - first vote kinda rubbish.
007 wrote:because i had to choose betwen ambic, meme, dp and doomcow(the only ones who posted by know and voted randomly)
Windchill wrote:

vote: meme ...random and not quite

"random", because i had to choose betwen ambic, meme, dp and oomcow(the only ones who posted by know and voted randomly)

Vote 007

No real reason, but I notice that ambic isnt playing.....
Windchill wrote:Of course Im an idiot and wrote ambic in that post, when Im playing under the name windchill.

* slaps head *

windchill and ambic = the same person

Although I prefer that Windchill is actually a cop (since he's backing me up with the "innocent" investigative result), I don't want to be too hasty to follow him as I think the above exchange is weird. WC logs on as "ambic" accidentally and randomly votes...007 includes ambic in his voting possibilities...then Windchill logs on and votes for 007 on the basis that 007 believed ambic was playing, a logical assumption when there's a post attributed to ambic in the thread. From the last quote posted above, we know that ambic and Windchill are one and the same.

The question is...would a cop cast suspicion on someone for making a mistake based on confusion the cop created? And, was it necessary for ambic to claim cop to agree with my theory that I may be a getting opposite results? It seems that it would be safer protecting the identity, since we have two doctors down & I doubt we have another.

For now, I'm holding onto my discer vote, because at least one of my results has been backward. But I have to

FOS: Windchill
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:22 pm

Post by discer »

All this coming from the same group that lynched DP without hesitating. Folks, I hate to point your mistakes out AGAIN (lynch scene being first) but you acted like fools. I guess in my absence my voice of reason was sorely missed but DP's claims made more than just a little sense. Yet, you strung him up anyway. If it weren't for SOMEONE other than yourselves killing the mafia this game would be down the drain. PLEASE think before you act. With no docs left I'd hate to waste my role.

Captain Blicero wrote:
, but I was gonna vote for him anyway because he supported EsCon's totally unbelievable "only 1 mafia left" breakdown yesterday. I had those two pegged as either scum or stupid after that show of lunacy, and now that EsCon has turned up scum, it's time for discer to go.

Did I?? I agreed that the numbers he suggested sounded feasible but that I felt there could be more mafia than he suggested as well. IF YOU WOULD SPEND THE TIME TO READ WHAT I DID SAY you would see that I suggested the possibility of more than one active cop which would provide balance for a five mafia game. Considering two players are claiming to be cops already..........

CB, your logic (since Discer agreed with some of what ES said and ES was evil then Discer must be evil too) is crap.

Town: There are more than two kinds of cops. I have reason to believe that MeMe is a cop but it's VERY likely that her results are random. We know DP was town and I know that I am town.

I don't trust Windchill/Ambic at all. If you recall I voted her on day one and with good reason. She made The Don an easy lynch target for mafia with nothing to go on. Notice she claims to be a cop but never investigated The Don. Seems odd don't you think? Willing to lynch someone but not investigate them? Now I have MORE reason to believe she is scum.
vote: Windchill/Ambic
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
The Don
The Don
Townie
The Don
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:01 pm

Post by The Don »

what is "fos"??

vote:discer

looks like meme and windambic have something.
Join the Family
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:25 am

Post by MeMe »

FOS="finger of suspicion"

unvote: discer
Am so confused!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:44 am

Post by MeMe »

MeMe wrote:
unvote: discer
Am so confused!
Whoa. Oops. WC, MeMe, CB, and The Don = 4 votes. That was quick. Unless BF allows unvotes after a majority is reached?
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:32 pm

Post by discer »

Maybe SOME of the town can be reasonable. Begs the Mod to give the town a chance...........
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:22 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Discer, you're contradicting yourself.

First you say that it's likely the town has more than one cop to balance out having 6 mafia in a 12 person game. I assume you're talking about USEFUL cops, since having an extra random cop doesn't help the town out at all. I agree with you on this, cause having 2 docs and 1 cop makes it totally unfair for the town. Given that, here is how your theory looks:

MeMe - random cop (useless)
Windchill - claims cop, really scum
Discer, CB, Don, DoomCow - two cops, 1 scum, 1 townie

I'm definitely not a cop, just a simple townie. I assume you're not a cop or else you would've revealed your results. Therefore, by your reasoning, both DoomCow and The Don must be cops. I think that's VERY unlikely.

By contrast, here's my theory:
MeMe - paranoid/reverse cop (found DP & CB guilty, discer innocent)
discer - Allundini scum
CB - townie
Windchill - regular cop (maybe scum)
The Don / DoomCow - one Z godfather, one townie

I think my scenario is much more realistic. Also, stop talking smack about how stupid this town is.... DP's the only innocent we've lynched, and a cop who found him guilty led the charge.
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:56 pm

Post by DoomCow »

I hate to do this, but I'm tempted to believe Windchill's copness more than MeMe's..

I'm a cop. But I'm also addicted to drugs. As a result I can choose to take drugs during the night, giving me an extra investigation (but it has side-effects, one of them making me look
GUILTY
in te eyes of any other investigative role, while I appear
INNOCENT
if I don't use. This makes it hard for me to believe random/insane cops are in here)

My results:
night 1, no drugs: Dragon Phoenix, innocent (I chose him because he is more of an experienced player and I wanted to know whose side he was on)

night 2, no drugs: MeMe, innocent (she looked suspicious after day 1, no drugs because I was afraid I might be investigated)

night 3 I tried the drugs...: The Don: Guilty, and EscapedConvict: Guilty (I was suspicious of both and decided to take the drugs, also because I was pretty certain I wasn't worth investigation that night)...
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
BigFella
BigFella
Watcher
BigFella
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:39 pm

Post by BigFella »

Well, I really should declare night once a majority has been reached. However, despite the fact that this is grossly unconstitutional, I will allow the unvote as having done so has already promoted a fair amount of game relevant discussion, on what would have been yet another overly-speedy day.

So, this being said, the vote count stands at:

discer
(3) -
Windchill, CaptainBlicero, The Don

The Don
(1) -
DoomCow

Windchill
(1) -
discer

Still 4 needed for a lynch. But the next time a majority is reached, players should assume that the day is over, night has fallen, and no further discussion should take place until the next day. This means everyone will have to be paying close attention. :D :wink:
There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:58 am

Post by MeMe »

Huge FOS: Doomcow

You say that you don't believe my copness, but claim to have investigated me without drugs and found me innocent. By your own explanation of how your role works, you should undoubtedly believe me as you never get false results. An innocent wouldn't lie unless they're an extremely stupid innocent (which I'm not).

The only reason my FOS isn't a vote is because I think there has to be at least one more cop and you might be it. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me that you would suspect me of lying if you are that cop.

BTW:
FOS: Windchill, The Don, discer
I'm suspicious of everyone except CB...and, with my luck, he'll probably turn out to be the scum! 8O
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:07 am

Post by DoomCow »

It's not that I'm suspicious about you, I got you listed as an innocent (though you could be the second gf), but it's just that Discer is about to be lynched because of your results...

If we lynch The Don today (whom I got as a baddie), than Windchill and I can examine Discer tonight. We might get a better judgement after that.
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:17 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

I also am HIGHLY suspicious of DoomCow.

Do you seriously think that BigFella is a huge enough bastard to give us a random cop in a town that's 50% mafia? I think it's much more likely that taking drugs while on duty makes your investigations less effective.

Remember, on Day One, The Don had a member of each mafia family --Nightstalker (Z) and EsCon (A) -- trying to get him lynched. I'm pretty sure he's innocent.

Why do you think discer is innocent? Read my previous post for why I think he's scum.

I suggest we lynch discer today, and have DoomCow investigate The Don WITHOUT using drugs tonight. Investigations won't be very useful if the Z Godfather always turns up innocent.
Windchill
Windchill
Townie
Windchill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:37 am

Post by Windchill »

Ill investigate Blicero

Confirm Vote Discer
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:44 pm

Post by MeMe »

Geez. OK, DoomCow's point that an innocent result doesn't clear a me of a godfather role is true...but I'll remind everyone that we've already gotten rid of the A. gf, and it should be clear to all that I wouldn't have tried so hard to get the town to hang jasamine (Z. goon) on day 1 if she were a family member.

I disagree with CB when he assumes that no cop results from discer is proof positive that discer's just a townie. I don't know why everyone's being so incautious with the role claims! The only reason I came forward was because I'm the poorest kind of pro-town role there can be. I'm worse than ignorant; my information is
bad
. However, after being near-lynched, discer needs to 'fess up with his role and give us any information he has (especially since he hinted that his role was valuable).
discer wrote:If it weren't for SOMEONE other than yourselves killing the mafia this game would be down the drain. PLEASE think before you act. With no docs left I'd hate to waste my role.
I'm not convinced of his guilt and a wrong move today is big trouble for the town. Four town, two maf...lynch a townie means we're down to three town, two maf...mafia could get rid of two townies overnight... At least the remaining mafia are in different families and have motivation to get rid of each other.

Now's the time to come forward if there's anything behind your hinting, discer. At least narrow down the field for us today -- if you're town, isn't it preferable that the mafia kill you tonight rather than letting your neighbors do it while the sun's still up?
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:03 pm

Post by DoomCow »

CaptainBlicero wrote:you seriously think that BigFella is a huge enough bastard to give us a random cop in a town that's 50% mafia?

As said, I don't trust that roleclaim. read my post.

CaptainBlicero wrote:I think it's much more likely that taking drugs while on duty makes your investigations less effective.

That was what I initially thought, and part why I didn't want to use it on the first two nights. However BigFella assured me that taking drugs doesn't give me bad results...

CaptainBlicero wrote:Remember, on Day One, The Don had a member of each mafia family --Nightstalker (Z) and EsCon (A) -- trying to get him lynched.

When a mafia is likely to get lynched, mafia welcomes the lynching. It allows them later to say 'But I voted for him on round one. I can't be mafia...'

CaptainBlicero wrote:
Why do you think discer is innocent? Read my previous post for why I think he's scum.

I don't think he is innocent. Neither do I think he is guilty. I have no real clue about him yet. And I don't trust the investigation on him, since MeMe's is the only one we have.

CaptainBlicero wrote:
I suggest we lynch discer today, and have DoomCow investigate The Don WITHOUT using drugs tonight.

My using drugs has nothing to do with my results. It gives me an extra result, makes me look guilty, and has some side-effects I'm not told. And if you don't believe me, why not let MeMe and/or Windchill investigate him?
-'Lie' Daan
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:41 pm

Post by discer »

Ok, one thing at a time.

CB wrote:
First you say that it's likely the town has more than one cop to balance out having 6 mafia in a 12 person game.

I NEVER said ANYTHING about having six mafia. Honestly CB, I don't know if you just have very poor short term memory (you could just copy and paste you know) or just have selective memory.

CB wrote:
I assume you're talking about USEFUL cops, since having an extra random cop doesn't help the town out at all. I agree with you on this, cause having 2 docs and 1 cop makes it totally unfair for the town.

My original thought for a 5 mafia game was having two cops. Having two docs and one cop may be the mods way of providing balance. Wether you intended this to be your point or not it makes me think. This is BF's first time moding a game to my knowledge and in ALL of the games I've played with him he's gotten lynched and been innocent each time. What I'm saying is that BF may have thrown us for an unintentional loop due to lack of experience.

CB wrote:
Given that, here is how your theory looks:

MeMe - random cop (useless)
Windchill - claims cop, really scum
Discer, CB, Don, DoomCow - two cops, 1 scum, 1 townie

I don't KNOW if Windchill/Ambic is a cop or not. I strongly question her willingness to lynch someone but unwillingness to investigate the same person. The Don in this case as I've already stated.

CB wrote:
Also, stop talking smack about how stupid this town is.... DP's the only innocent we've lynched, and a cop who found him guilty led the charge.

MeMe: Why do you think there are two mafia left? I think there is only one but I could be wrong. See my statement about BF moding the game.

What I actually said was that you were FOOLISH. Your lynch was hasty, without merit and obviously wrong. I don't recall MeMe saying she was a cop and her vote being based on her results. If she had I would have voted for him too given the opportunity. CB, it would be nice if you would stop distorting my posts.

Town: I don't know what to think of Doomcow's role claim other than it's a bit unusual. Much like my role.

CB wrote:
Do you seriously think that BigFella is a huge enough bastard to give us a random cop in a town that's 50% mafia?

50% mafia?! Enough said.

CB wrote:
I suggest we lynch discer today, and have DoomCow investigate The Don WITHOUT using drugs tonight.

Hmmmm..... I guess this works if you don't mind loosing two more townies before the next sunrise. It is, afterall, possible that you will catch the remaining mafia (yes, I think there is only one left in case you hadn't noticed) tomorrow. If you don't the town is done. See, if you lynch me another townie will get killed tonight. Then, if you fail to catch the last mafia tomorrow this means you have lynched yet another townie which results in another mafia kill. This leaves two people. A mafia and a townie. Get the picture?

MeMe: Why do you think there are two mafia left? I think there's only one but I could be wrong. See my above statement about BF being the mod.

MeMe wrote:
Now's the time to come forward if there's anything behind your hinting, discer. At least narrow down the field for us today -- if you're town, isn't it preferable that the mafia kill you tonight rather than letting your neighbors do it while the sun's still up?

Yes, it's good for the town if I live. That's why I'm spending all this time trying to reason with everyone. Since when does disclosing a role ensure an innocent won't get lynched anyway? Remebmer DP? (sigh) Consider me to be a makeshift vigilante/night watch. I can avoid death if the mafia don't play they're cards right. Please keep in mind that I CAN NOT quote the mod. Let's go back to night one. One doc was killed and DP was protecting MeMe. I was the second target and thankful the mafia are bad at cards. I refuse to explain more because I believe the remaining mafia are smart and WILL use any further information to avoid/kill me.

Town: I don't have investigative powers so I don't KNOW who the remaining mafia is/are. I still think there's only one tho. Winchill/Ambic's actions vs. votes and posts don't agree and therefore make me suspect her. If anyone has better reasons against another player then I am and have been willing to listen.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:46 pm

Post by discer »

Just a note: Doomcow's post took place while I was writing mine. My thought's and response (if any) to his post will have to wait til tomorrow. I'm plum worn out and so are you if you attentively read my entire post. lol
BigFella
BigFella
Watcher
BigFella
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:56 pm

Post by BigFella »

discer
(3) -
Windchill, CaptainBlicero, The Don

The Don
(1) -
DoomCow

Windchill
(1) -
discer

Vote count still same. Still 4 to lynch.

Btw, I will not be back online until probably the 26th or so.
There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.
The Don
The Don
Townie
The Don
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:35 am

Post by The Don »

unvote:discer
vote:windchill

I'm still confused, but this makes the most sense to me
Join the Family
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:49 pm

Post by discer »

Bf wrote:
Btw, I will not be back online until probably the 26th or so.

That sux cause I'm going to be on vacation from the 27th thru the 31st. Not sure if I'll be able to access the game but I'll try. People tend to abuse others when they know that those others can't respond. Personally I wouldn't mind postponing the game until after the holidays. The Jan 2nd maybe? Some of you may not like doing that and I understand but it would be nice to protect vacationing players.

Comments?
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2002 11:11 pm

Post by discer »

Apparently my proposal for a time out is right on track.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2002 7:07 am

Post by MeMe »

Re-read the thread. Am leaning so far that I'm about to fall over & vote for Windchill -- but still have enough suspicion in my mind about a couple of others that I don't want to put it in bold yet. What's the general feeling on a no-lynch today? Not lynching concerns me because I'm still not convinced there's only one scum left...but if discer's theory is correct, it might not be a bad move.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”