Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:44 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Well, there was no contradiction that I'm aware of. Ginny just never expressed a liking for healing, from what I remember.

DS
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:20 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Sorry for not posting; didn't have much time or anything overly important to say. Anyway,
vote: Kerplunk
. You shouldn't have to "prepare" a claim, and the Ginny thing makes no sense. I believe Neville wanted to become a healer, but Ginny never said anything about it at all. Die scum die!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:37 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

From what I remember, Neville wanted to get into Herbology, but that's beside the point.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:39 pm

Post by modargo »

And unto twilight. Funny how roleclaiming, instead of getting votes off him, got him three more votes within twelve hours. Seems my post opened up the floodgates :roll:.

I don't know exactly why I'm posting here, I just have a compulsive need to post whenever a game goes into twilight.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:13 pm

Post by Someone »

*sighs*
You guys are SO lucky.

For no reason at all, Kerplunk suddenly finds himself being slowly pushed towards the stake. "No wait, I'm ginny weasley" He cries, to no avail. He is hung. However, searching his body, you find nothing....Nothing but the dark mark on his shoulder.
Lucius malfoy, Mafia is lynched by the town. It is now night. 72 hours for choices (Friday night or somthing.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:16 pm

Post by Someone »

BTW it was 5 to lynch so gapsode's vote was overkill.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:47 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Lucky town.... :roll:

Kill 'em all, I say!!! :twisted:
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:21 am

Post by Someone »

Get choices in ASAP!!!!
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:08 am

Post by Someone »

The town awakes to much bloodshed. For one thing, electra lies dead, no visible mark anywhere on her body. She was professor snape, she was a cop, on the condition that if she investigated a gryffindoor student, they would die. Also,vIQleS is dead, unfortunately, his death seemed to be accidental.

Day has dawned. 7 alive, 4 to lynch
Last edited by Someone on Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:14 am

Post by Someone »

Actually,
vIQleS
is neville longbottom. I will add that gryffindoor studen't roles do not get revealed by death.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:24 am

Post by Phoebus »

Mmmm,
Losing a cop, of any kind, is not a good thing. :(

We have another accidental death. Could it be any relation to the misfired Jelly-Legs spell? Or is it that Snape happened to investigate Neville before he was killed. Aren't cops generally not given their investigation results if they are killed? What about night actions they might have...

Intriguing. Confusing...

Thoughts?

Phoebus.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:06 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Another non-mark death. The mafia is definately Death Eaters.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:07 am

Post by modargo »

OK, I just read over the thread, and one person really sticks out to me. Someone who never took a real position on much of anything. Someone who expressed suspicion of Kerplunk, but never did anything about it past a FoS, and defended Kerplunk while FoSing him. Then he posted right after Kerplunk's roleclaim saying it was possible that Kerplunk was telling the truth -- once more trying to not take a real position on it while still not seeming tied to Kerplunk. Icing on the cake is how he voted for Kerplunk
after
DS and I posted our disbelief of Kerplunk's roleclaim, when it obvious that Kerplunk had no chance of living.

If you haven't figured it out yet...
vote: Untrod Tripod

Since there are only six alive and four to lynch, don't put votes past the second on him before giving him a chance to talk, and if necessary roleclaim.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:39 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

What the hell? I never defended him, I just said that his role was possible. I didn't say it was LIKELY. No, it was not "obvious" that he would be lynched when I voted for him, I was the fourth vote. If you're going to say that anyone's vote made it happen, it would be Gaspode.
And so I haven't had much to analyse so far, at least I haven't been throwing around moronic allegations, which is more than I can say for you. Your want to have me lynched is suspicious in itself. Besides that I never defended Kerplunk, I haven't said anything that could be construed as scummy.
I'm not going to vote for you, because I'm sure there's a logical explination... that I could look up in a book somewhere...
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:14 pm

Post by modargo »

First, you were the fifth vote. There were three on him prior to the roleclaim, and Dragon Slayer added the fourth. By that time, he was almost certain to be lynched. There were four votes on him with the deadline fast approaching, only one other person even had a single vote on him, and nobody was planning on unvoting Kerplunk anyway. Gaspode was the sixth vote, which Someone even mentioned in his end-of-day post.

Second, your behavior throughout the day is exactly what scum would want to do. You appear active and even-handed, without encouraging the bandwagon too much against your fellow mafia. You make sure to say that it's a possibility that he could be scum, but you don't do anything more than that. You say it's a possibility he might not be scum, but don't do anything more than that either. Deniability if he ends up getting lynched, while still making other people do the work of lynching him, and not providing support for the bandwagon.

Third, I take issue with you saying I'm throwing about "moronic allegations". I'm contributing to the game by saying who I think is scum and why. Maybe it's just me, but that seems better than doing nothing. Even if I'm wrong, a vigorous discussion helps the town. Furthermore, if you're trying to imply that I've made other "moronic allegations", I invite you to point those out. So far I've accused three people: Electra and vIQles for lurking, and I stopped once they began to participate, and Kerplunk, who was scum. Which one of those was moronic, pray tell?

I see never offering a strong opinion on anything as far more suspicious than anything I've done, since if you never really bring the focus onto yourself by accusing anyone, you might hope to just slip by unnoticed. It's not only from what's said that scum are deduced; it's also from what's omitted and glossed over.

Finally, it would help the discussion if, instead of just defending yourself, you advanced theories of you own. You must have your own thoughts on who the remaining scum are, so share them. And the argument of "He's making a long-winded accusation of me that I disagree with, he must be scum!" doesn't exactly fly.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:23 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Nah, I actually like longwinded accusations. I can see where you're coming from with your argument against me, and before more people vote for me, since there really is no excuse for my playing style in this game so far, I'm just going to roleclaim.

I am Hermione Granger. Each night, I investigate one person and get a piece of information about them. Night One, I investigated Qualman, I got that he's very famous. Night Two, I investigated Thoth. I got that Thoth is a "great leader" so he's either Dumbledore or Voldemort, more likely Dumbledore.
You'll also notice certain things that I've said in some of my posts that would indicate that I am Hermione. Also, my manner of speach in this game has been somewhat like Hermione's, I think I have played Mafia the way she would. This was not an accident.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:47 am

Post by Phoebus »

Why such a hasty role claim UT?

If indeed Thoth is Dumbledore, (don't feel that "great leader" would apply to Voldmort personally.) this is just handing the Mafia information?
That info at this time, with probably just one Mafia member left and a good chance for the town to win, is rather unnecessary I feel and potentially destructive...
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:53 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I said so, I think that the way I've played this game is not good. He gives very good reasons to lynch me, if they ended in me being mafia. Hell, if I didn't know my role, I'd vote for me, based on his logic. I felt that a roleclaim was in order before a bandwagon started; since one certainly would.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:53 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Besides, it's a bit hard to prove my role without using information that no one else has.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:32 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I'm going to
Vote Gaspode
. Maybe that'll get his attention if you know what I mean.

-DS
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:06 pm

Post by Thoth »

I think its time for me to also come out with my role, especially since its already out in the open anyhow. I'm indeed Professor Dumbledore. I'll also tell my special ability as I think it will bring us close to a win. Once during the game I can target a player at night. If that player is scum he'll be converted to good.
I used this ability last night, but did not get a message whether this was succesful. Assuming my ability works (and I would expect Dumbledore's ability to work) this person is now sure to be innocent. If he was scum previously its best for him to come out as it has a significant impact on our decision today. If not he probably doesn't even know he was targeted and I think in that case it would be better to wait until later in the day before I tell who it is. This also makes UT very likely to be innocent for me (I did not target him BTW) as I already find Hermione as a kind of information role believable. Having correct information makes it even more so.

Back to the game. I think we have 1 Mafia and a SK left. Again a clumsy one and one without a trace. This looks like the same killers that killed Night 1.
As we now have 3 semi-confirmed players there's not a lot of possibilities left. If I did not find scum I think we have 2 scum out of 3 players left.

I have more to say about the other players, but as this reveals my night target and I'm not yet sure whether I should do that I'll wait for some input from others first.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:16 am

Post by Phoebus »

Thoth,
Your plan sounds good. Let's just wait till Gaspode shows up. I'm holding my vote until he does and till we decide whether or not you should reveal moe info. I don't think that will be necessary just yet.

I'm also holding on to my role till Gaspode drops by. I'd rather not reveal it right away...

-Phoebus.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:34 am

Post by modargo »

First off, I agree with Thoth's plan.

However, should that fail, I have a backup plan. I won't say what it is yet, but it's a pretty good one, IMO :D. Heck, it should be useful regardless of what else happens. Given that, this day should
not
be rushed.

Finally, a few things of interest that could have a connection with Thoth's ability. There was no killing last night like the chair death Night 1 (Electra died to the Death Eaters, and vIQles was apparently killed by Electra "accidentally"). This could mean that Thoth's ability worked and converted the SK (and prevented the killing that would have happened that night). Second, depending on who the leader of the Death Eaters mafia is, there's a chance Thoth's ability would have not worked. If Lord Voldemort himself is the Godfather of the Death Eaters mafia, I would expect him to be immune to conversion.

unvote: Untrod Tripod
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:59 am

Post by Gaspode »

Sorry for my silence, I've kind of been away from mafiascum for the past few days.

Anyway, I would like to post more here, but the mod never pm'ed me certain information I was supposed to get last night. This information has the potential to drastically change my suspicion, the progress of the game, etc. I'll get back to you as soon as I have that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”