Dante's Game - All votes in - who took top prize?

daftbrain
daftbrain
Townie
daftbrain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:54 am

Post by daftbrain »

1. Jeffrey Dahmer asked "How much do you believe self-esteem effects envious traits within a person? Have you ever found that it would effect you, and can you give an example?"

I think it does play a significant role in instilling envious traits in a person. A person with low self-esteem would more likely be envious of others. Similarly comparing yourself to others and being envious of their position can serve to lower your self-confidence.

2. Jack the Ripper asked "Can envy be a positive thing? Specifically, can coveting things that others have encourage us to strive to achieve them?"

Envy can be a positive emotion if it isn't malicious and purely serves in a motivational manner.

3. Vlad Tepes asked "How often do you find yourself envying your peers?"

Not very often nowadays. I'm rather apathetic on any successes my peers may have or any superiority they have. I have been somewhat envious in the past though.

4. Erzebet Bathory asked "Do you often feel that because you have more or better possessions than someone else, that you are better than them?"

No, never. A human being should not be defined by his or her possessions.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by pablito »

Two nominees are ChannelDelibird and daftbrain.

Unfortunately, the one who went under the alias Jack the Ripper was taken away from Purgatory this week, nonetheless s/he will still have his/her final jury vote, etc.

Jeffrey Dahmer, Vlad Tepes and Erzebet Bathory must submit their votes via PM along with a reason. Please also begin to prepare your final questions for the final jury vote. I will let you know when you are allowed to post those.

The two nominees can post a final argument if they so wish.

Deadline for the eviction votes is Monday 23:59, That's almost 2 days from now.

As always, those in purgatory may no longer contact anyone else in the game regarding gameplay.
Sup, later.
Pata
Pata
Ninja
Pata
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by Pata »

Does that mean we will have a 3 person final?
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Post by Cloud »

I would assume so.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:21 pm

Post by pablito »

Yes, posts #0 and #1 have repeatedly said that there would be a final three.

There's no point in ranking each other with three people in paradise because there's no way to break ties anymore.
Sup, later.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:23 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I really appreciate the continuing support of the voting public. I'm sure I don't need to remind you that daftbrain once did something very dirty in front of your collective grandmothers...
#greenshirtthursdays
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:35 am

Post by pablito »

Votes:
jeffrey dahmer wrote:Channeldelibird because daftbrain ... IS MY GRANDMOTHER!!! *HEARS THE GASPS AND HORRID SCREAMS OF SHOCK*
vlad tepes wrote:Vote out daftbrain for worse responses.
erzebet bathory wrote:I vote to evict daftbrain because of my alliance with CDB.
By a vote of 2-1, daftbrain is the final person to fall from grace.

daftbrain, please PM me which of the three (jeffrey, vlad or erzebet) you would like to be the final person to be taken into the inferno. This person will have less jury weight than all others.

All seven jury members (those who I've PMed already plus newest jury member daftbrain) will be able to ask questions to any of the final three paradise players up until
23:59 GMT Friday
. The jury members should attempt to answer any question directed to them. No questions are off limits as long as they are reasonable. Please PM me the name of the one person you want to win the game before
23:59 GMT Saturday
. You can PM your vote whenever you want, but if you do not vote BEFORE THE DEADLINE (as has been a problem), then your vote won't count.

Pata, Cloud and ChannelDelibird: Remember that to win the overall game, you don't need to win the most overall votes, you just need to win the votes of the most influential voters because their votes count for more. Please answer all questions.
For every question directly addressed to you that is not answered, you will lose five points in the final count (each jury member carries a certain number of points based on how long they were in purgatory).

From now on, no one may contact each other via PM. All communication is done in thread.
Last edited by pablito on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by klebian »

Why do you deserve to win?
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Why do your two remaining opponents not deserve to win?
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by klebian »

Why should I, and I am personally referring to myself, vote for you?
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by bethelmark »

Do you think your opponents should be in the final three?

Is there anyone not in the final three that you think should be?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Of the other two finalists, which is less deserving?

Should you win?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MySnorlaxIsMighty
MySnorlaxIsMighty
Watcher
MySnorlaxIsMighty
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by MySnorlaxIsMighty »

ChannelDeliBird, why is yogurt so yummy?

Cloud, do you feel you put a good amount of time and thought into this game?

Pata, I know you are a crackhead, but when you weren't high, how did this game feel for you?

For all of you, was I a good companion in the sack, late at night when you were crying?
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/Socko02/?chartstyle=socksalot][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/socksalot/recenttracks/Socko02.gif[/img][/url]
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:13 pm

Post by Cloud »

klebian wrote:Why do you deserve to win?
Obviously because I am awesome. But also because I took the time to properly answer the thought-provoking questions as opposed to giving one word answers or answers which were trying to be funny and didn't really have anything at all to do with the question. I have also been quite honest with my answers, and I actually took the time to look up the deadly sin so I could answer appropriately.
bird1111 wrote:Why do your two remaining opponents not deserve to win?
Well with pata, I don't really think he put much thought at all. Granted, most of the questions could be answered with a 'yes' or 'no', but most of the others managed to spout a sentence or two.

To be honest, I don't think ChannelDelibird doesn't deserve to win. He put a lot of thought into his answers too, and made some points that I missed.
klebian wrote:Why should I, and I am personally referring to myself, vote for you?
Because pata just doesn't deserve to win. And Cloud is easier to type then Channel-whatever. Plus I promise cookies and marshmallows, and possibly sexy pictures of lustful women/men (depending on your taste) if you vote for me.
bethelmark wrote:Do you think your opponents should be in the final three?

Is there anyone not in the final three that you think should be?
Yeah, I don't think pata should be here. daftbrain should be here instead, because his answers were more substantial. I have no qualms about ChannelDelibird.
Cephrir wrote:Of the other two finalists, which is less deserving?

Should you win?
pata is less deserving. And yes, of course I should win.
MySnorlaxIsMighty wrote:Cloud, do you feel you put a good amount of time and thought into this game?
Yes I do. Well, thought at least. Most of the questions took all of 10 minutes (sometimes less) to do, but if that counts as 'a good amount of time', then yes.
MySnorlaxIsMighty wrote:For all of you, was I a good companion in the sack, late at night when you were crying?
Yes, yes you were.

--

Remember to vote! And most importantly, vote for me!
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:00 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

What do you think your opponents smell of?

And who's your favorite power ranger?

And... if God is all-loving and all-powerful, why do bad things happen to good people?
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:38 am

klebian wrote:Why do you deserve to win?
I've been honest throughout and I've not shied away from any questions. I've put a lot of effort into my answers instead of just giving one-word or short-phrase answers. I've discovered scandalous facts about my fellow competitors just in time for the vote-off.
bird1111 wrote:Why do your two remaining opponents not deserve to win?
bethelmark wrote:Do you think your opponents should be in the final three?
Cephrir wrote:Of the other two finalists, which is less deserving?
Particularly as the game approached this finale, Pata's answers have become shorter and less interesting. (s)he seems to have been given too much of a helping hand by allies who didn't deserve to go out before him/her. (apologies Pata for not knowing your gender). However, I wouldn't begrudge Cloud his place in the final. While occasionally he's given one-sentence answers his standard has generally been high.
klebian wrote:Why should I, and I am personally referring to myself, vote for you?
Because we were allies, and I did my best to keep you around while I could.
bethelmark wrote:Is there anyone not in the final three that you think should be?
In all honestly, bethelmark. I was impressed by the standard of his answers and I consistently ranked him #1 while he was in Paradise. I was very surprised to see him up for the vote-off with me.
Cephrir wrote:Should you win?
Yes, it would be a triumph through adversity considering the swift demise of my allies, and without wanting to blow my own trumpet too much I would like to think that I have given the best standard of answers on a consistent basis.
MySnorlaxIsMighty wrote:ChannelDeliBird, why is yogurt so yummy?
I had to think long and hard about this question. Eventually I decided to express my feelings about this in a haiku.

Yoghurt is yummy
'Cause of that creamy texture
And gentle flavour
MySnorlaxIsMighty wrote:or all of you, was I a good companion in the sack, late at night when you were crying?
Absolutely. I don't think I could have made the final without that experience, so thank you.
Sailor Jerry wrote:What do you think your opponents smell of?
Cloud smells of lavender, although it seems...tainted, in a way difficult to describe. Pata smells like a car factory.
Sailor Jerry wrote:And who's your favorite power ranger?
Batman.
Sailor Jerry wrote:And... if God is all-loving and all-powerful, why do bad things happen to good people?
This is one of the many reasons why I don't believe that God exists. Most of the other reasons can be found well summed-up in Richard Dawkin's book "The God Delusion", which I would like to recommend to everyone while it seems appopriate.
#greenshirtthursdays
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by bethelmark »

Please describe, in detail, your feelings regarding kittens. Also, please describe what your opponents feel about kittens.

Here's a twist on another question...Why shouldn't you win?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:04 am

bethelmark wrote:Please describe, in detail, your feelings regarding kittens. Also, please describe what your opponents feel about kittens.
Kittens have always held a special place in my heart, and they always will. Truly, they exceed even the brilliance of their adult brethren. The best kinds of kittens are the clumsy ones, in my opinion. While not wanting to appear sadistic in any way, I do think there's something extremely watchable about seeing a tiny kitten trip over its own feet and perhaps fall down a couple of stairs as a result. But not get hurt. That's important.

From the impressions I got of them while reading their answers throughout this game, I've been able to make educated conclusions about Cloud and pata's feelings about kittens. I would say that Cloud has never owned a kitten but would like to, because he enjoys stroking infant animals. He probably has an irrational dislike of adult cats, and would throw his imagined kitten out on the street if it ever grew up.

Pata, on the other hand, clearly hates kittens. The timing of his responses in relation to the deadlines set by pablito for their posting obviously indicates a bitter and violent mind. Pata's mother was probably killed by a kitten falling on her head or something, and he clearly holds a grudge for that. I recommend that all kittens be kept out of his reach.
bethelmark wrote:Here's a twist on another question...Why shouldn't you win?
All my friends are dead. I was lucky to be the one who survived the massacre of my group of allies. It could easily have been one of the others, who might well have been equally or more deserving than me to win.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:28 pm

Post by Cloud »

Sailor Jerry wrote:What do you think your opponents smell of?
ChannelDelibird smells of..well..I have a blocked nose right now so I can't really smell anything. I would hazard a guess that he smells of deodorant. The nice smelling girly kind. Mmm.

pata smells of a car factory, no doubt about that.
Sailor Jerry wrote:And who's your favorite power ranger?
The original Green Ranger. Now he was evil. Then he became good and pwning. Whee.
Sailor Jerry wrote:And... if God is all-loving and all-powerful, why do bad things happen to good people?
Now this is the misconception so many people have. God is obviously not all-loving, otherwise we'd all be enjoying Heaven right now instead of being dumped on this planet, which is supposedly Satan's domain. And if he is, then that doesn't mean he has to always prevent bad things from happening. God is all powerful, but that doesn't mean he has to stop bad things from happening to good people.
bethelmark wrote:Please describe, in detail, your feelings regarding kittens. Also, please describe what your opponents feel about kittens.
Well, I've never killed a kitten, and kittens are surprisingly cute. I've never been able to decide between the whole puppy vs kitten argument, although my family has a puppy. I don't mind either.

ChannelDelibird has already expressed his endearment for kittens, although I find it puzzling that he chose the name 'ChannelDeli
bird
', since the kitten is a natural enemy to the bird. I find this most intriguing, and I think he's tricking you all into thinking he's a kitten lover.

I would say pata clearly loathes kittens based on the quality of his responses. Pata is obviously an acronym for 'Puppies Always Triumph Association'. Based on his allegiance to puppies, it's clear pata despise any sort of kitten.
bethelmark wrote:Here's a twist on another question...Why shouldn't you win?
Why shouldn't I win? Well, if there's anything, I didn't do real justice to many of the questions. There's so much more you can say, but of course busy-ness and tired-ness contribute to the lack of quality in responses.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:46 am

Post by pablito »

It's voting time! No more questions! No more answers! Get those votes in!
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by pablito »

Deadline extended because way too many votes missing. I'm supposing that the weekend deadline got people, since a lot of people are usually gone on weekends. So Monday by the lastest, otherwise you don't get a vote.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:40 pm

Post by pablito »

Fun times! We have a winner!
cephrir wrote:I'm voting for Cloud.
That's 1 jury point for Cloud, 0 to the other two slackers.
bird111 wrote:Voting for ChannelDelibird because he put a lot of thought in his answers and because I was allied with him.
That's 2 jury points for CDB, 1 for Cloud and nil for Pata.
Sailor Jerry wrote:Vote: CDB.
No question. I hope he wins. If either of the other two win it will be a complete travesty.
Add 3 points to CDB's stack for a total of 5. Cloud still has 1 and nil for Pata.
bethelmark wrote:I vote for CDB to win.
Uh oh, CDB adds 4 to make it 9. Cloud still has 1 and nil for Pata. Cloud is not out of it, he needs to sweep the rest of the votes (all worth 5 points each) to win. But will Pata steal any of those votes?
daftbrain wrote:my vote goes to Cloud
Cloud adds 5 for a total of 6. CDB still has 9 and nil for Pata.
MySnorlaxIsMighty wrote:Winner: Cloud - Cloud dese4rves it. His answers were thought out and funny. Plus the whole "alliance" deal.
Cloud adds another 5 to make 11. CDB is now in second with 9 and nil for Pata. All comes down to klebian who managed to stay in Purgatory until the very end. He will crown the winner, will his effort to stay in Purgatory as long as possible be worthwhile?
klebian wrote:cdb winz
And CDB takes his 4th vote and adds 5 more points to make 14! CDB winz!

With 0 votes and likely negative points, Pata comes in third. The whole not answering thing probably did that.

With 3 votes worth 11 points overall is Cloud! Unfortunately, Cloud was pretty much screwed with too many opposition alliance members in the jury.

And with 4 votes worth 14 points overall is ChannelDelibird! Congrats CDB!

Notes, you guys really set firm alliances from D1. From rankings alone, I could figure out the three main alliances. The only ones I couldn't read were ceph, bird and klebian who were already in purgatory early on. But once there was CDB vs other alliance thing going on in F5, it was pretty obvious he was going to take the game no matter what. bethelmark getting voting out was what clinched CDB the win.

I can put up all the rankings and stats and such if you want. But that'll be later. When I have time.

The strategy in this game then was to create as large of an alliance as possible. In the beginning, CDB plus others were outnumbered in paradise, and those modkills didn't help them. But what helped was that they had a larger alliance total because they had helpers in purgatory.

Feel free to talk to each other and disclose whatever you want. Also feel free to post comments, gripes, adulation, etc. Could this game be run again and would there be interest? (I'm not doing it, because I don't have the time, but just curious how your experience was)
Sup, later.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:06 pm

W00t!

I really enjoyed that. It's obviously more useful in the long run if your friends are out of the running, but I don't think it would have been a good idea to try and play to get them out. (By the way, the early discussion in our alliance can be found here)

Thanks for running this, pablito. I really enjoyed it and I appreciated the patience with prods and that kind of thing (I tended to be particularly bad at deadlines early on before I started to get really into it and answering straight away). I'd like to see the stats at some point, but I'm in no rush.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:37 pm

Post by Cloud »

Congratulations CDB. I suppose it worked against me that I'm pretty new to mafiascum and didn't forge any alliances with people I didn't know.

I think the game could be improved a bit by actually having the answers count somewhat. CDB and myself put plenty of effort in this game compared with pata's one liners, yet he managed to get through because of his alliance. The game is purely alliance based. If that's the intent of the game, then sure it works well.

I'm interested in the initial rankings; the panel that judged the creative responses/thoughtful arguments to judge the initial purgatory/paradise members.

Anyway, congratulations again CDB and thanks for the thoughtful game pablito.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:20 am

Post by bird1111 »

As CDB's link showed you, Klebian and I were part of the experienced users alliance, which as he said in his answers, got owned, badly; except for him.

Return to “Social Game Archive”