Mini 105 - High School Teacher Mafia-Game Over!

nard054
nard054
Goon
nard054
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2004 11:09 am

Post by nard054 »

Yggdrasil wrote:
Also, I would doubt that the kill was due to a vigilante because I don't think a vigilante wouldn't risk killing a townie or a useful role just killing blindly night 1.
Did anyone else catch the double negative? Are you saying you killed last night? Or is it just a (very important) grammatical error?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2004 11:27 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Sorry that was a typo. I did not kill anyone last night.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2004 8:52 am

Post by Quailman »

Hello? Anybody home?

Date of last post:

Code: Select all

BadAndie 		10-May
Quailman 		13-May
Tigris  		15-May
CoolBot 		16-May
ZONEACE 		17-May
BlueSin 		17-May
thorred 		17-May
nard054 		18-May
Someone 		18-May
Yggdrasil       18-May

I am second to BadAndie on that list, so I guess I am as guilty as anyone (except BadAndie). Where's the mod? His last post was the day before mine. I still do not see a good reason to vote Yggdrasil. My vote stays.
thorred
thorred
Goon
thorred
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2004 11:35 am

Post by thorred »

I am suspicious of Yggdrasil's and Someone's vote on Zoneace. Although he hasn't said much, I think there are others more suspicious.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2004 1:22 pm

Post by Tigris »

I've said this in another game, but it might bear repeating here as well. Vigilantee is the second worst thing for mafia to claim imo. This is simply because of the differing kill types that each mod usually uses. If I was voting for yggs, I would unvote him at the moment, but since I am not, the point is moot. SUffice to say I would prefer to give him a chance to prove his role, which might be best used tonight, because fact of the matter, re-looking at the role given for uraj, he sounds like a cop to me, so vigilante is actually a fairly tempting target for the mafia to kill, unless a doc protects him, which would be my advice. Also, another confirmed innocent (unless we have three killing groups, at which point I will take it up with Stewie) would not be a bad thing imo.

I'm not certain which group to look at more, the lynch yggs or his defenders for mafia, but for the moment I'm looking more at coolbot and za.
nard054
nard054
Goon
nard054
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2004 7:51 am

Post by nard054 »

I'll go with that.
unvote: ygg
so he can prove himself tonight (if we ever get to that point). Seriously, something has to be done. Here is my suggestion:

We all vote for someone who we feel suspicious...then everyone who didn't vote for that person changes their vote to the most suspected person. This is just to get the game moving and it could be helpful in pinpointing mafia.

For me this person (other than ygg because i still don't really believe him) is quailman.
vote: quailman

P.S. - just a suggestion. I don't really care if we go through with it or not.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2004 9:00 am

Post by ZONEACE »

nard054 wrote:
We all vote for someone who we feel suspicious...then everyone who didn't vote for that person changes their vote to the most suspected person. This is just to get the game moving and it could be helpful in pinpointing mafia.
well if we do that, i have to keep my vote exactly where it is. But yeah, i think we need some prodding from our Mod.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2004 10:02 am

Post by Quailman »

I think our mod needs a prod. He's awol in another game I'm in.
We all vote for someone who we feel suspicious
Um, nardo, isn't that how mafia works? Or do you normally vote for someone you think is a cop or a doc?
thorred
thorred
Goon
thorred
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2004 10:25 am

Post by thorred »

I forgot to
unvote Yggdrasil
, and
vote Someone

I think Stewie has left mafiascum (for a while), there's supposed to be a backup though.
nard054
nard054
Goon
nard054
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2004 11:00 am

Post by nard054 »

Um, nardo, isn't that how mafia works? Or do you normally vote for someone you think is a cop or a doc?
:D Yeah...i guess it is. But this time I think everyone should vote and express an opinion, if for nothing more than to get conversation moving.
BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2004 4:20 pm

Post by BlueSin »

my vote on coolbot remain.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2004 3:09 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Alright Guys, I'm not sure where Stewie is at the moment, but I am his back up mod, so I guess I will be doing some work for him. First:

Vote Count:

(2) Yggdrasil: (Coolbot, Zoneace)
(2) Coolbot: (Quailman, Bluesin)
(2) Quailman: (BadAndie, Nard054)
(2) Zoneace: (Yggdrasil, Someone)
(1) Someone: (Thorred)

There are 10 alive and it takes 6 to lynch!

I am going to seek out some replacements for BadAndie and Someone as soon as possible.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2004 3:40 am

Post by CoolBot »

I don't find vig to be that unsafe of a claim for scum, as long as they're not stupid enough to say they've already killed someone. It's hard to test because no one would want the vig to kill some random pro-town player. Thus, the town would have to find two other suspicous people before nightfall.

My vote stays on ygg because I find the inclusion of a botany teacher so unlikely.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2004 9:11 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Alright, I've got one...

Totem Replaces Someone
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2004 9:32 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Note: from http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=874
Stewie wrote:As you may already know, or noticed, I've been extremely busy lately, and I expect to be busy for the next couple of months. Therefore, I've made a decision: I cannot play mafia anymore. I apologise to all mods for the inconvinience, but you'll have to replace me. This includes all games, mafia and general mishmash, with the exeption of bluff which does not take as much time and I'm almost dead either way. The mini 105 will be turned to nanook the wolf, which was my backup mod from the start and has the setup.
However, I will not be gone for good. I liked it here, so I'll come now and then to see how everthing is going, and to see if anyone said anything mean about me. I may gain more time, and be able to play some games. Hopefully that will be the case.

Good bye (for now).
Anyway, what do you guys think of Tigris' plan? I would be fine killing someone tonight in order to prove my role. I'll even let you all decide who I will kill.

The only problem I can see with that is that the other killing groups could choose to kill the same person as me in order to make me look suspicious the next day, though I'm not sure whether doing that or killing someone else would be more beneficial to the mafia.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2004 9:58 am

Post by Quailman »

I don't like the idea of directing a vig kill unless a cop comes out and says that he was waiting until he knew his sanity and he offers up two bad guys - one to lynch and one for the vig. That usually doesn't happen in minis. I think if you are pretty sure about someone that you can go ahead and kill him.

Of course, if you were to follow that plan and choose correctly, then it would be pointless for the mafia to target their own. What I'm trying to say is "I don't know."
BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2004 3:18 pm

Post by BlueSin »

well, does a vig kill description difference from mafia kill? if not, there is impossible to prove he is innocent by killing. scum can kill too.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2004 4:29 am

Post by Quailman »

There's no difference in the description, except that if the victim is a mafia you can be pretty sure the mafia didn't do it.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2004 10:59 am

Post by Tigris »

I worked all day yesterday and came home to find no net, so this might be my last post for at least a little bit, sorry :oops:

He is a botany teacher, presumably the method of kill is poison or something along those lines, nothing like being bored to death or beaten to death. Therefore if someone is poisoned, then we verify yggs claim.
fos: quailman

I realize I'm more of a gambler when it comes to mafia (which has back-fired often enough, but has also helped win games), but I would want him killing tonight. If he does and we have 6 people tomorrow with 2 masons and one vigilante (and hopefully at least one more pro-town player), the game is over in the favor of the town. I'm willing to gamble on at least one of three kills killing a scum tonight. And if the scum have to go after masons due to this, great, it gives the more powerful roles time to be utilized.

Additionally, which is better lynching a claimed vigilante or having him kill at night. With the one, we lose a lynch/day on a pro-town player, with the other we potentially lose a pro-town player, but not a day and he could kill a scum.
vote: coolbot
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2004 2:23 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

... and now the other.

KingEnigma replaces BadAndie

I am going to update the front page and make it a bit more style, I don't think that Stewie will mind, it will just make things a bit easier for myself.

Now that everyone is here, please continue to make discussion, and I apologize for not noticing Stewie's departing post earlier, otherwise I would have been around earlier.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2004 2:44 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

bear with me everyone, reading all the posts, should have something to say in a wee bit. Nothing productive of course, but something.

And hopefully noone will mistake my gender.........WOO! bad joke.

more later!
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2004 3:11 pm

Post by Someone »

***Floats away peacefully***
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2004 3:33 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

Okay after reviewing i'm going to
unvote: Quailman
and
vote: Ygg
because

1. The Botany teacher is a stretch, i may have gone to a little hick school...i mean high school, but i dont remember a botany teacher.

2. A bit of a freudian slip earlier--again i mean typo(man i'm just off today) when you said..and i quote
Also, I would doubt that the kill was due to a vigilante because I don't think a vigilante wouldn't risk killing a townie or a useful role just killing blindly night 1.

Actual quoting process is lost on me. But i believe these two very good reasons to put my vote on you.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
nard054
nard054
Goon
nard054
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 10:50 am

Post by nard054 »

Ygg...can you submit a death scene along with your choice to kill? (And if this is violating the rule where you can't quote the PM then you don't have to answer) But this was the case when I was a SK in two earlier games. I'm not sure exactly how Stewie runs his games, but I've come to know this as a standard in games. And the fact that you don't have it/didn't think of it is a little suspicious to me.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 1:18 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Heh, so I'm basically suspicious either way. I cannot submit a death scene, but Stewie did tell me that my method of killing is poisoning. Hopefully, that will show up in the death scene somehow.

Anyway, here's my analysis of what could happen with Tigris' plan:
Known - there are probably two killing groups.

If you decide to lynch me, we will likely have three less pro-town roles tomorrow

If you decide to let me kill, there are three possibilities:
1) The anti-town people will want me dead. This presents a problem to them however. Both would want to kill me, but they also don't want to waste their kill on someone who the other killing party is targeting. If they get lucky, one will kill me and the other won't, but it's also likely that both will target me or neither will.

2) The anti-town people want to target who I am targeting so that you can't confirm my innocence. Same argument as above applies. There is a good possibility that this would lead either to less kills or a confirmation of my innocence.

3) The anti-town people would rather kill others. This would confirm my innocence, and having a confirmed innocent is never bad.

However, there are some obvious problems. First if the mafia do get lucky and are able to get in the maximum number of kills as well as getting their targets, then all this will likely lead to a worse sittuation than if you had just killed me. Also, just as it is possible for three kills to result in the death of a mafia, it will also be just as likely to result in the death of a useful pro-town role.

But, assuming that there were 4 evil roles (3 mafia + 1 SK or 2 2-member mafia groups), we will have a 1/2 chance of hitting an evil role. Combine that with the 30% chance of lynching an evil role, and we have about a 65% chance that at least one evil role will be dead by tomorrow (assuming random killing and lynching, not including the probability that evil roles will kill evil roles).

Conversely, this means there is about a 35% chance that we will end up with 4 less pro-town roles tomorrow which would leave 3 evil roles of six total players, a lynch correctly or lose sittuation.

So if you guys want to play safely then we should not try let me confirm my innocence. However, if you are willing to gamble, the odds are in favor of Tigris' plan working.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”