Rumble XIII: Ultimate Spaceship Dogfight!

Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Cavane »

Sorry, I saw someone saying they had the torpedo, and just assumed they were correct.

I'd still like to ask for clarification on how the drone works. If someone were to attack Xelada for 50, would the drone take 40 and 10 be dealt to Xelada? Or if two people attacked him for 50, would the drone take one of the attacks in full, be destroyed, and the other 50 be dealt to him? Or does the drone take all attacks and damage at once, effectively protecting Xelada from all attacks until the round after which it is destroyed?
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Gremwell »

Thanks mod I sent that from a pda and couldn't look at both pages at the same time, wont happen again.

if the only way Netlava can die is from kamikaze and Xelada has it then he must be abel to be killed in one round so the droid must work like I said

we could knock out the droid with the photon cannons or the neutron bomb and the rest of us can just call truce and straight attack, or if we all just attacked him that would be more than enough.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Sorry, forgot to fully adress the drone. I'd make the judgment that all attacks in the rounds it is functioning will be directed at the drone and the drone only. In other words, no overflow damage as the attacks are made simultaneously. I know, it makes it overly complex but any other way would make very much sense in the "game world".
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:01 am

Post by Gremwell »

so then Xelada has to discard the drone?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Max »

bah crap my bio-organism has a flaw in the writing, I intended a drone to be born each turn...
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

So Neutron Bomb takes effect at the beginning of the next round, not the damage phase? Then we just let bird1111 use two bombs on Xelada, and we all take care of the magnetic shield drone. And yes, the way I read it two bombs can be used in the same round.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:53 am

Post by bird1111 »

I don't choose who I target. I target everyone.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Zeofar »

Gremwell wrote:so then Xelada has to discard the drone?
No no, not at all. Although, I think that is a possible solution. But if it works, hey.
Max wrote:bah crap my bio-organism has a flaw in the writing, I intended a drone to be born each turn...
Ouh. Erm, I thought that that was a miss-type, because it seemed massively overpowered, so I changed it.
Lawrencelot wrote:So Neutron Bomb takes effect at the beginning of the next round, not the damage phase? Then we just let bird1111 use two bombs on Xelada, and we all take care of the magnetic shield drone. And yes, the way I read it two bombs can be used in the same round.
Well, I never thought of it that way. However, the "as if attacking" seems to indicate the damage is dealt as normally. Or, it could mean that shields block the damage. Personally, I go with the idea that the first round is the charging sort of phase, and at the next allocation phase the energy is loosed. In other words, the damage done would be during the allocation phase, not the beginning of the round. Also, two bombs can be used in the same round, but like bird1111 said, he cannot target anyone in particular.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Max »

I presumed that because every would team up that it would give them an opportunity, a chance, to win
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Cavane »

I feel sorry for Xelada. There is no way for him to win this game.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Aye. It seems terrible that everyone is just trying to kill him.
Karo
Karo
Townie
Karo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Karo »

Could you post when the deadline ends please?
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Cybele »

Weep not for me, for I am dead.
Last edited by Cybele on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Zeofar »

My computer is now at my new house and the internet is up again, so I'll be able to be around now. I am setting a deadline of around midday tomorrow for everyone to send in or edit their commands due to my prolonged absence. I will be sending prods to anyone who has not sent in commands. Sorry for my slowness with all this.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Zeofar »

I'm going to take some liberties here for the flavor, no rewrites pleeeeeeaaaazee. :cry:

Fly

Developed from the tiny nuisance-fighter model
Flea
, it features a strong generator that can quickly regenerate shields and attack power while confusing the enemy with holographic replications of itself. Like its predecessor, it is small, and ship usually fights in huge squadrons in a full scale battle, overwhelming any ship they attack. Also used as patrol ships, they will intercept trespassers and mildly harass them until a larger ship can maintain the situation.

MASS CARRIERS
A mid-sized spherical ship that was newly produced by the mysterious Sel'natha. They are one of the most advanced races in the galaxy, and are purported to be the race that developed space travel. This ship has a special field generator that can completely block any matter and light from passing through.

Normandy
A typical Tarsit destroyer featuring a slightly outdated weapon system as well as an iron hull like many other retrofitted Tarsit vessels. Despite this, it is still an extremely capable ship.

Hellfire
Class
A massive Cruiser with a powerful, albeit dangerous weapon system. The primary function of this Cleaver ship is to completely destroy the enemy at any cost.

Charger
http://www.redwhirlpool.com/images/pew/ ... ip_cg2.jpg
A small 3-man ship (A pilot, a gunner, and an engineer) on the larger side of the fighter class. It is very quick and maneuverable, and has a relatively strong weapon system that allows extremely strong bursts of electricity to be discharged from any part of the ship, although the only benefit of this sort of attack is tactical. They carries hundreds of tiny fighter drones that they often release after a strafe on an enemy vessel; It moves on in a seamless combat pattern while the drones finish off the enemy. The 2nd Human Republic of the Great World considers this to be their premier strike vessel, and a squadron of these are indeed a formidable opponent.

The Flying Dutchman
Before the coming of the Slassians, the tiny planet of Yarba was a timocracy. When the arrival of the Slassians spread terraforming and space travel throughout Yarba, many denizens took to space in attempt to escape the overcrowding. This ship is of a type developed then, a large mining ship designed to consume asteroids and space debris to convert to large amounts of energy. Redesigned to mainly consume destroyed ships and debris thereof, this lone ship has become a pirate vessel that has become notorious for its ruthlessness, and a huge crew that allows it to completely control battles.

Comet
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v711/ ... 1c027b.jpg
A small Gho'gha'ghi vessel designed for planetary strikes. It can often raid planets for months without being noticed thanks to its special energy regeneration pattern and cloaking shields.

The Xeladanopolis
A Heavy Cruiser that is primary vessel of the Xeladanians, a completely vain and self-obsessed race that go to any extent to protect themselves, even developing drones that might take damage for them as to not mar their spectacular shield structure. They are even spiteful enough that if a ship dare try to destroy them or even dream of ruining their brilliantly etched hull (It IS silver plated), they would rather crash into them and destroy them both.

Essfars (S-4)
A mid-sized terraforming ship of the Slassians, an advanced sluglike race. Not being a combat vessel, it is designed to just run from encounters and make strikes back if it takes damage.

Epulum

http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files ... p88ZLS.jpg
A new ship prototype designed by the Sthuurgians, a technocratic race that is only rivaled in intelligence and ingenuity by the Sel'natha. It is intended to be a support vessel, sapping the enemies' shields or drawing fire.

GBF
A standard and dull fighter designed by the Wanes.

Design 1334, v2
A ship designed by the Werwer, a tiny people that are geniuses is shield and defense design, and not much else. They have spent centuries trying to perfect a ship made for defense, and they are supposedly getting close. They intend to move on to another field after that, perhaps Negative Energy weapons, or pathophysiology. They have a complete and total hatred for the Gho'gha'ghi.

Dreamer
A Command ship of the Human Empire of Terra developed from Hope, a model designed directly after the conclusion of the civil war that racked the empire and lead the split of the human race. It has no special or distinguishing features, but it is amazingly formidable despite this.

Bleh Bleh. Most these are pretty poor, and my storyline and ship descriptions simmered, boiled, stewed, ripened, over ripened, burned, stuck to the bottom, then got thrown out the rear when my internet was out. The results of the first round coming soon. Sorry for my tardiness here.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:08 am

Post by Cavane »

I definitely have the best description.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Zeofar »

For sure.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Gremwell »

Boundless Glory to The Second Republic !!!!!!!!!!
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Zeofar »

I'm going to do the flavor stuffs at a later time since I'm too busy for that and calculating this rounds results.

Allocations:
Chensi's:
Compromised Hull forces me to burn 5, then I spend 6 on Deceptive Illusions

Netlava's:
burn 15 for a.t. field

Iron Man's:
Allocate 50 to shields

bird1111's:
Attacking Xelada 30, Neutron Bombing X2

Gremwell's:
I'd like to set my shields to 14
and launch and launch 12 fighters
(Scottish Engineer halves fighter launch's cost)

Lawrencelot's:
Change of plans: I spend 34 on defense

Karo:
(Chose Max as its mate)
I'll team up with Max.
Everything goes into shields.(79)
Drone fully attacks Xelada.(25)

Xelada's:
30 to defence
40 to attack Karo

Max's
All On Shields(71)
(I'll assume this also includes the drone, although he might have missed Xelada teaming up with him in the thread)
Bio-Drone- Allocate 25 to shields

Cybele's:
77 points to shields

Cavane's:
20 attack on Xelada
77 shields.

Wizardcat's:
Allocate 62 to shields

Xdaamno's:
Defend 95, Attack chensi for 5

Results:
Chensi : Chensi has to burn five for compromised hull, while Xdaamno's attack does nothing thanks to deceptive illusions, leaving Chensi with 16 energy.
Netlava: Netlava repulses nothing with his A.T. Field, and is left at 6 energy.
Iron Man: Iron Man was not attacked, so he is left with 50 energy.
bird1111: bird1111 was not attacked, so he is left with 50 energy.
Gremwell: Gremwell was not attacked, so he is left with 74 energy.
Lawrencelot: Lawrencelot was not attacked. Having spent only half of his energy, Mining Colony gives him 73 energy to his 68, leaving him with 141 energy.
Karo: Xelada's 40 attack against Karo does nothing.
Xelada: All the attacks bird1111, Cavane, and the Bio-Drone for a total of 75 attack are redirected to the Magnetic Shield Drone
Max: Max was not attacked, so he is left with 71 energy.
Cybele: Cybele is left with 77 energy.
Cavane: Cavane is left with 97 energy.
Wizardcat: Wizardcat is left with 62 energy.
Xdaamno: Xdaamno is left with 100 energy.
Bio-Drone: The Bio-Drone is left with 50 energy.
Magnetic Shield Drone: The Magnetic Shield Drone's shields are trespassed with 20 of the 75 energy allocated to attack it, and it's energy is depleted to -35 from the difference.

I'll change the table
If I've made any mistakes, please tell me, I didn't spend much time calculating this.
Oh, and since it is too late to send in new commands, I'll tell you how you guys coulda defeated Netlava. The Magnetic Shield Drone had to be destroyed, which was a success, but Xelada had to attack Max for as much energy as possible without any shields (Well, only half his energy with no shields but it would have been more fun the other way), while Max arranged it in any way that would make him take at least 1 damage. This would cause Heat Seeking Counter Attack to launch an attack against him that would destroy the Xeladanopolis, and then Xelada could have Kamikaze target Netlava, destroying him. This works because damage from Heat Seeking Counter Attack must be calculated after the "normal" resolution phase because we have to find out if Max takes damage before any attacks are launched. Clear enough?
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by Cavane »

So Netlava won? GG.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Er, No. Round Two has not yet begun.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

So that was how we should have done it, but the only problem is that Xelada would have to cooperate and sacrifice himself. Can we still keep Netlava from winning?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:26 am

Post by Max »

What if we change the rounds to space days, then we would still be able to win, as then it doesn't go to round 2. it goes to Day 2
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Any solution that makes Netlava's power or anyone else's power less good/different is not a good solution. We either lose (and make a new rumble eventually) or go on while following the rules.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Zeofar »

Don't worry, I already knew what I was going to do when this kerfuffle started. I just don't have quite enough time to do it.

Return to “Social Game Archive”