Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Chronopie »

Holy blindingly awesome wall post of awesomeness Glork. I'd quote it for truth (qft) but that wouldn't do it justice.

Glork is Town. No argument.

MPR looks like lurker-scum, kind of like how BV was lurker-scum. I'd be very happy with his lynch.

--

JP, Chrono, Glork, and Bill are now
HoS
ing MPR. 10 on the doom counter, 7 votes required for lynch. 3 more HoS's and it's go time.

--

I doubt that Doom is a mafia, assuming we have two mafias, as giving just one 2x kills is imba. even if we have found a way around it.

Vote Count:

The fight is yet to begun

Not Voting:

AdumbroDeus
Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie
Devotress
dramonic
Glork
JPSalazar
KDub
MehPlusRawr
thatguy00
wolframnhart

Lynch:

7 votes.

Deadline:

June 15th - 9:00 PM EST
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Glork »

Chronopie wrote:I doubt that Doom is a mafia, assuming we have two mafias, as giving just one 2x kills is imba. even if we have found a way around it.
I still don't know why "Doom is a Mafia" implies two kills. I've said this like five times, but nobody seems to be listening.

N1, someone was reduced to nothingness
N2, someone was doomed
N3, someone was doomed
N4, someone was doomed

This implies ONE kill per night, possibly by different people.

I've seen at least three or four people talk about how doom gives the scums two kills, and I'm just not understanding WHY they're coming to that conclusion.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Chronopie »

N3/D4: Blank (thief) electrocuted, Marilis (Goon) Drowned, Devotress Doomed. If we assume that both kills were the 2 mafias, then Doom is another kill for one side. or an SK.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Chronopie »

EBWOP: N2/D3 not 3/4
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Glork »

I still believe that Drowned is a Vigilante. It's silly for scums to kill a superlurker.

It would have been equally silly for scums to kill DTM last night. DTM was obnoxiously wrong on so many accounts, it's not even funny.,
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: And yes, that means I think that the Electrocution kill last night was either blocked or protected against.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Chronopie »

So as Kdub was RB'd (apparently), does that make him mafia?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Glork »

Chronopie wrote:So as Kdub was RB'd (apparently), does that make him mafia?
I haven't decided. Personally, I think it's more likely that the kill was protected against than blocked. Two reasons for this.

First, I still have a hard time believing that KDub would flat-out admit that he was roleblocked if he were making the Electrocution kills.

Secondly, I feel that there are about three-ish players who are very, very clearly protown (myself included). They make obvious kill targets, and therefore obvious protect targets.

That said, I still suspect KDub a decent amount for the points I raised against him the other day. I haven't really had a chance to respond to KDub's rebuttals, but I've been busy and now I am wholly focused on getting MehPlusRawr lynched today. KDub can wait, if only for a little while.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Antifinity »

FoS Chronopie
While that was certainly some excellent scumhunting, I wouldn't put it beyond scum to make such an argument, especially against a lurker. The only way someone is certain to be protown is if it can be confirmed by game mechanics (ie investigation)

Also
HoS MehPlusRawr
, Like I said, excellent scumhunting. While it may not be perfect, it is in the town's best interest to find the best lynch asap, before someone forces our hand by voting out of impatience, AGAIN.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Chronopie wrote:
Antifinity wrote:I doubt each team has all four. I think it is more likely they would be on one "monster" team vs "villain" team, or something like that.
What does this mean, I don't understand. Clarify thx.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Chronopie »

and ftr: I'm tempted to force our hand, due to the low levels of activity.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Glork wrote:Note: Going to use "Post counts" here, so I'm starting with 0, not 1.

Post 0: Death Miller Believable
Post 1: Iece scum.

Now, I'm willing to believe that someone could genuinely be scumhunting and flipflop. Afterall, Devo and I did the exact same thing. What trips me up here is that he specifically calls DeathMiller believable, then in Post 2, he lists "Death Miller claim" as being one of the reasons for Iece being "obvious scum." This kind of flip-flopping is... just bad.

Post 2: "Oops," needs to read/post.

Post 3: "Keep forgetting to post" and "Let's wait on Iece" post. Still irritates me. I still believe that if you think someone's scum, you should want them dead now, not later. There is never an excuse for keeping scum alive. He also asks for a summary on the Zodiark case.

It is worth noting at this point that this is FOURTEEN pages into the game, with MPR having made FOUR posts. One of those posts was an "I'm lurking" post, and in the other three the only person he's actually expressed ANY suspicion of is Iece, which he backed off of for a bad reason.

ZERO legit scumhunting whatsoever up to this point.

His only other post on D1 was to piggyback KDub's "why did you go on V/LA here and sign up for another game?" question.

So, D1 summary of MPR's play:
Iece DeathMiller is believable
Iece Octo/Ink/DeathMiller = scum
I'm lurking
I'm lurking. Let's wait on Iece. What's up w/Zodiark?
What's up w/Zodiark?

Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING else on a
two-week, seventeen-page D1

Now, Day Two.

Post 5: Asking about the Tidus thing, weak vote on Prana (trying to imply that Prana knew what was up with Doom/Starbuck, when nobody knew and Starbuck hadn't posted her Doom status yet), and a useless throwaway "facepalm" comment. More nothing.

Post 6 & 7: Piggyback a rolefishing comment by someone else, directed at Anti. Then asks about the "Unfortunately" clause in Prana's post. More non-scumhunting that almost looks like scumhunting.

Post 8: The ever-so-worthless "Nice IIoA" post (directed at Anti).

Post 9: V/LA. (Funny... seems like he's been on V/LA for the vast majority of the game to this point.)

Post 10: Here we actually have something to work with. First he comments on the Anti rolefishing wagon and laments that it went away. (Note: Wishing a quick wagon hadn't gone away is scummy.) Then he goes back to Prana. There is some gold to be found here.
1) He "doesn't know" what Prana's analysis of Iece's claim means. Prana suggests that Iece may have been joking about the Ultros/DM claim.
2) Accuses Prana of IIoA -- after JUST COMMENTING ON PRANA'S ANALYSIS OF IECE'S DEATH MILLER CLAIM.
3) Attacks WORD CHOICE of all things. For some reason MPR is really hooked on Prana's "unfortunately" comment, as if scum would publicly say they hoped people would share information. (Protip: 99% of scums aren't stupid to say "I wish Anti's rolefishing had worked" out loud.)
4) Attacking Prana for the doom thing. I can kind of sort of understand how MPR might have thought Prana knew about Doom beforehand, but the comment that gets me is when MPR says that Prana's ending of the doomcounter is "without a doubt scummiest thing" of the game. That's beyond ridiculous. Was it stupid? Possibly. Probably, even. But the evidence that MPR presents is purely and utterly circumstantial and speculative in nature, so there is NO way that it's the scummiest thing. The only way I could see MPR even REMOTELY believing what he wrote is the fact that he hasn't done a goddamned bit of scumhunting up to this point. I guess it's the scummiest thing he's read, if he hasn't done one worthwhile thing over the course of D1 and D2.

Post 11 is a followup to Prana's response. Not much either way here.

Post 12, back from V/LA.

Post 13: "Prana wagon going nowhere" coincides with "his posting is less scummy at the moment." Jumps back to his other apparent default suspicion, Antifinity.

Note that, again... up to this point, the only people WRM has made (or followed) ANY attacks about are Iece (probable DeathMiller/Town), Zodiark (Town), Prana (Town), commenting on Starbuck after her death, and Anti.
Not once
in this first Day-And-A-Half does he mention
three quarters of the entire playerlist

Post 14: Town read on Iece, "need
to reread" Prana. Still no scumhunting anywhere else.

THAT CONCLUDES D2.

Post 15: FoSes Prana for "Still as scummy as yesterday." But wait a second. In his last post, didn't MPR just say he needed to re-read Prana? Where was that re-read? What came out of it? MPR's behavior towards Prana is proof enough that he is scum:
-- The ONLY actual case he presents is against Prana after some kind of Iso.
-- But as soon as the wagon dies down, Prana is "less scummy."
-- Then he needs to reread Prana. Why? You already ISO'd Prana once.
-- Then he FoSes Prana the next day for being "just as scummy" as before.... but "just as scummy" is.... "less scummy"?

Dude's making up shit as he goes along, because he doesn't have anything else to say about the game, because he's just skirting by so he can survive.

Post 17: HOLY FUCK HE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE. "JP vote is dumb." Piggyback's Glork's case on KDub. Prana's still scummy. And Anti is still scummy.
Soooooo.... he said something about JP and KDub, but both of them were just echoing what other people had already said.
Conclusion: Still no attempt to play the game or find scum or help the town win.
Follow-Up Conclusion: Still very, very, very obviously scum.

Post 18, nothing noteworthy

Post 19: Responds to KDub. "Glork's reasons" for voting KDub. Prana and Anti have been scummy. More general facepalming at DTM.

Post 20: Responds to DTM without actually saying anything

Post 21: Prana vote, no addtional comment.

Post 22: "Why me" when JP attacks him for lurkerness. Boring obvscum deflection.

Post 23/24: "KDub admitted to probably being blocked, and there was one less kill tonight. HoS!" NEWSFLASH. If the scum kill got blocked, they probably wouldn't say "HEY GUYS, I GOT ROLEBLOCKED LAST NIGHT WHEN THERE WASN'T A KILL."

So yeah.
UnFoS
FoS, HoS, FaceoS, Gigantic Flashing Sign of Lights oS: MehPlusRawr

You skated by for three days without doing jack shit. You STILL haven't said a damned thing about Devo, Glork, Chrono, Worse/Thatguy, Bill, Dram, FC/Adumbro, or Wolfram.

You have done NOTHING to help find scum. You have put ZERO effort into aiding the town in this game.

You have only made an original case against ONE player, and just sheeped suspicion onto KDub, Anti, and general facepalming at JP/DTM.

You are scum.
tl;dr
1. MPR lurks.
2. MPR says that a wagon stopping was good (when I was clearly, at least clearly to me inferring that it was bad)
3.MPR is lurking.
4. MPR is stupid.

I lurk. Yup. I suck at scumhunting. Yup.

Those aren't scumtells. Sorry.

Also, why do you keep referring to yourself in third person?

Bill- Nice job accusing me of bandwagoning then saying "Nice scumhunting glork, time to bandwagon!"

Anti- You pretty much just said "Chrono bandwagoned, that's super scummy" and bandwagoned.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Chronopie »

As a defence, that falls pretty flat. I'm liking this HoS wagon more.
You missed several points, including, but not limited to: Lack of content, failure to address multiple people
at all
, and piggybacking others cases for no apparent reason. Additionally, your tl;dr trivialises several decent points made against you.

If I had a second vote, it would also go here.

--

Actually, what did happen to the shadow vote?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Chronopie wrote:As a defence, that falls pretty flat. I'm liking this HoS wagon more.
You missed several points, including, but not limited to: Lack of content, failure to address multiple people
at all
Fairly common for me.
Chronopie wrote:, and piggybacking others cases for no apparent reason. Additionally, your tl;dr trivialises several decent points made against you.
What "decent points?"
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Glork »

MehPlusRawr wrote:tl;dr
1. MPR lurks.
2. MPR says that a wagon stopping was good (when I was clearly, at least clearly to me inferring that it was bad)
3.MPR is lurking.
4. MPR is stupid.

I lurk. Yup. I suck at scumhunting. Yup.

Those aren't scumtells. Sorry.

Also, why do you keep referring to yourself in third person?
Good job giving up.

You can explain why you haven't bothered to comment on any three fourths of the players in the game, or why you haven't brought up an original point against anyone except Prana (and I guess "IIoA" towards Anti, which hardly counts as that's a nontell).

Your tl;dr is a grossly inaccurate misrepresentation of the case against you, and you are apparently too lazy to even try to defend yourself properly.

Obviously if you're protown, you've done nothing to help the town so far, and you're doing nothing to prevent a lynch on a townie. Thus, I can only continue to surmise that you are scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by Kdub »

Chrono:
You still have not answered my question about why you suddenly suspect me even though you haven't said anything about me up to this point in the game.

Anti:
You have not answered my question about your opinion of JP and Chrono.

Adumbro:
I don't have a problem with your original post yesterday about Prana's flavor. I have a problem with your post today complaining about people ignoring you. It doesn't really matter whether the lynch was rushed or whether we had gotten a full FoS count against Prana before lynching. The point is that your post today implies that you felt your comment about Prana's flavor had a chance of averting a mislynch yesterday (otherwise why would you "hate" that you were ignored?), which I do not think is true at all. Again, it looks like you are trying to get town credit after the fact, even though you wanted the lynch to go through "ASAP".

I could get behind a Meh lynch, but I want to think through the setup a bit more. A lot of different ideas are floating through my head, and I'd like to see some more discussion today first.

Mod: Prod wolf and thatguy please
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:21 am

Post by Glork »

Setup speculation over lynching confirmed scum? Please.

KDub, do you honestly believe that we'll figure anything out without seeing at least one or two more scum corpses? Because we've spent 3+ days (and nights) talking in circles and we still don't even know how many scumgroups there are, what size they are, whether there's an SK, or where most of the kills are actually coming from. And unless people start claiming (which I would
NOT
suggest), we're not GOING to know until we've found more scums.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:28 am

Post by Glork »

BTW: MPR, please link me to
no less than four games
in which you ignored the vast majority of the game's players for most of the game. I want to see if that behavior is in fact "fairly common" for you. That's the biggest non-defense in the world.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:24 am

Post by dramonic »

I should leave for the weekend more often, Glork gets streaks of grandness during that time :P
HoS: MPR

one more methink?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Kdub »

Not just setup speculation, I still want people to answer questions, plus we need to hear more from a few others. We have plenty of time until the deadline.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Glork »

BTW, with six people HoSing MPR, he should claim. It's equivalent to being at Lynch -1.

I'm curious to see what fakeclaim he comes up with.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Chronopie »

@Kdub, it's precisely because I hadn't really seen fit mention you that you made my scum list, it's a case of staying under the radar to the point where I seem to have passed over you, too many times for it to be coincidental.

Active enough to not register as lurker, with enough content to not register as active luker, but not enough for a town read. :?

--

I agree, MPR should claim in his next post.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Bah.... Wrote part of a post this morning with my thoughts on almost everyone in the game, and I lost it. I'll try to write it again.

I'm Banon from FFVI. I'm a doc. Ugh.

N1 I protected Dramonic
N2 and 3 I protected Glork.

Glork, I have two games finished onsite, you can check them in my wiki. Exactly what questions have I ignored?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Chronopie »

UnHoS: MPR
Not lynching a doc claim today. unless we have a cc.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency