Micro 1070 | a micro normal | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1274, Aureal wrote: See, if you had started out making this sort of argument I could probably feel better about you, because honestly I'm not sure why others are so confident about townreading me and it's kind of weirding me out. But doing it after spending several days getting into "no u" fights with Alisae and throwing out occasional comments about how you haven't ruled me out and their reads are shallow? It's making me feel more like you've had the argument in your pocket all along and expected someone else to go with it and you're unhappy that you have to make it yourself.

Also, that's all stuff Andante did so it seems to have been a scum attempt to pocket me/set me up as linked to her should she flip.
it shouldn't 'kind of' weird you out. if you're town then one of the players townreading you is a wolf who wants to take you to f3 and either have you on their side or have you flipped. for the last scum you're tomorrow's problem.

I never intended on spending days arguing with alisae and I think my posts made it clear that I found that to be unproductive, but IDK what you expect me to do with a slot that does nothing but tunnel since early d2. should I just shut up and let er call me scum constantly and plead to people to get me flipped?

IDK how you think I was waiting for someone else to point out the things I'm pointing out, and am only doing it now cause nobody else did it. I'm doing legwork on how you could be mafia after I was requested to do so by a player that shut me down and doesn't want to talk to me anymore. as I said I don't think you're mafia because of your interactions with andante, but given how you've been behaving as opposed to alisae, who's a grenade without a pin since d2, and klick who had to have heavily and brutally bussed their partner if he is mafia, then it's most likely you. am I painting that scenario? yes, IDK how truly svs your interactions were. but there's soft defending from both sides, there's hard defending from andante (and I don't recall any other townread andante had the entire game, just you), and your progression on andante doesn't truly make sense. it went from softdefending to voting.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount
VC 3-VI

Gimli (1 = E-2):

Aureal (1 = E-2):

Not voting (3):
Aristeia, Klick,

With 5 alive, it takes 3 for an execution.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-03-06 00:11:00)

Mod notes:
  • I'm counting by hand, let me know if there's anything wrong.
  • The combined mod ISO can be found here.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by Klick »

Hey Gimli, I feel like your quote wall misses out on a pretty important quote from Aureal relating to Andante
In post 192, Aureal wrote:
In post 166, Klick wrote:
I can't see where Andante claimed this prior to the post you quoted

I don't think not reading is AI in itself. I wanted to make sure that's what was actually happening though.
Yeah, was wondering what prompted you to check. You have something of a meta read on her that seems to clash with what others say, so I guess I'm trying to poke around at that stuff. And I've been staring at this struggling to get at what exactly I want to get at so I'm going to just leave it there for now.

Alisae: did you actually vote me because you think myko made a decent point, or did you just decide to go along with the idea that it's going to give you info on Herta?
I think this post is really towny I don't think Aureal posts this about a partner
It's really waffly but like unashamedly so? I feel like it contradicts the narrative being portrayed where Aureal goes from 'defending Andante' to 'voting Andante, possibly for towncred'. It's the transition piece you're missing. I feel like it demonstrates actual thought on Andante's alignment and aligns really well with the thoughts in the eventual vote post.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Klick »

The other posts Aureal has about Andante are fairly flat/static
Which is what makes 192 so interesting
Without it you can make the argument like you kind of are where Aureal's read on Andante is political and changes towards the negative when it feels necessary
But with it I feel like Aureal was giving my meta read on Andante actual thought
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:00 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1092, Aureal wrote:
In post 1088, Gimli wrote: is this all you got, aureal? been expecting you to town it up this gameday
I'm trying. It's a little hard to interact with this game when all of the activity happens when I'm sleeping. In addition to kind of being a fifth wheel who has relatively little experience and no meta with anyone but you (and it does feel like a lot of this game has been people interacting with others based on their meta, which just isn't very helpful to me :? ).
I feel like this is not getting enough credit as well when there are arguments like 'Aureal has done nothing since D1' are going around

People forget that different people have vastly different expectations of what is a reasonable amount of time to devote to a game
This game has actually just not been open very long and Aureal hasn't had a ton of time in which she could contribute
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1278, Klick wrote: Hey Gimli, I feel like your quote wall misses out on a pretty important quote from Aureal relating to Andante
In post 192, Aureal wrote:
In post 166, Klick wrote:
I can't see where Andante claimed this prior to the post you quoted

I don't think not reading is AI in itself. I wanted to make sure that's what was actually happening though.
Yeah, was wondering what prompted you to check. You have something of a meta read on her that seems to clash with what others say, so I guess I'm trying to poke around at that stuff. And I've been staring at this struggling to get at what exactly I want to get at so I'm going to just leave it there for now.

Alisae: did you actually vote me because you think myko made a decent point, or did you just decide to go along with the idea that it's going to give you info on Herta?
I think this post is really towny I don't think Aureal posts this about a partner
It's really waffly but like unashamedly so? I feel like it contradicts the narrative being portrayed where Aureal goes from 'defending Andante' to 'voting Andante, possibly for towncred'. It's the transition piece you're missing. I feel like it demonstrates actual thought on Andante's alignment and aligns really well with the thoughts in the eventual vote post.
she is literally saying nothing about andante here? you're effectively townreading her on a nothing post that could be perceived as a very scummy post where she asks dead end questions and then reaches no conclusions from them cause she is not trying to solve the game.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:06 pm

Post by Gimli »

you're squinting super hard to see a townie here klick

let me ask you this: are you townreading aureal over me? is your POE me and alisae?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Gimli »

like she asks 'andante says not reading isn't AI, do you agree with this?' and then you say whatever you said and she goes 'yeah I'll just leave it at that' and you're townreading it cause it's too blatantly scummy to be scum basically. what's towny? sell me on this when you have time if you can...
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm not squinting hard at all I've had Aureal as town for a long time and it's come to me naturally

I feel like you're not really addressing what I've said in the context of it being a response to you talking about Aureal's progression on Andante and are instead responding to that post in isolation
Which feels strange to me

You say 192 says nothing about Andante but I hard disagree
Aureal is really clearly having thoughts about Andante there and I think you'd see that if you got out of the Aureal!scum tunnel for a second
She's seeing what people have said about Andante's meta. She has seen that I'm scumreading Andante based on reading Andante's way of playing differently to others, and is
actually processing the implications of that
. You see this thought process carried on in her eventual Andante vote where she *trusts me* and *sheeps my Andante vote*. The reason Aureal votes Andante is because she's following my meta, because she has decided she can trust my read there. There is GENUINE THOUGHT there.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1282, Gimli wrote:let me ask you this: are you townreading aureal over me? is your POE me and alisae?
My honest answer right now is that I think it's just Alisae and neither of you are scum and so I don't believe the hypothetical world where it's one of the two of you is based in truth

If it's not Alisae then my evaluation has gone wrong somewhere and I would need to rethink both of you

If you're pointing a gun to my head and telling me there's one scum between you and Aureal and I have to choose now then my vote goes on you
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Alisae

Outside of er arguments against Gimli today, I would be interested if anyone legitimately townreads Alisae based on D1/D2 play.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm not tunneling aureal

it's good to be talking this out with someone anyway
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by Gimli »

the only thing I'm townreading alisae genuinely for is for playing d3 without any kind of plan. it went full tunnel and is committed to it in a way that isn't very smart for scum. do you disagree with this?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by Klick »

Yeah I'm fine with this play from a scum perspective
Alisae is aware enough of the WIFOM/levels of play surrounding endgame scenarios like this that intentionally playing to no out to create one is entirely within her range
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Klick »

It's not like e actually has no out through what e is doing either
You get eliminated today and the game is far from unwinnable for er
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1290, Klick wrote: It's not like e actually has no out through what e is doing either
how do I win this game if I am a wolf
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1289, Klick wrote: Yeah I'm fine with this play from a scum perspective
Alisae is aware enough of the WIFOM/levels of play surrounding endgame scenarios like this that intentionally playing to no out to create one is entirely within her range
alright klick good talk

VOTE: alisae

if e is town and it's you me and aureal on f3 it's gonna be fun
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Gimli »

last time klick convinced me on a vote, we flipped a wolf
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm heading to bed gnight all
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1291, Alisae wrote:
In post 1290, Klick wrote: It's not like e actually has no out through what e is doing either
By eliminating Gimli and myself
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1295, Klick wrote:
And you think going for you @ F3 is winnable?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by Alisae »

Why would I pick that fight
you're so much better than me
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:48 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1296, Alisae wrote:
With either combination of Aristeia or Aureal absolutely
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:48 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1297, Alisae wrote: Why would I pick that fight
you're so much better than me
I have no clue why you think this
I'm very logical but I'm not persuasive
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1298, Klick wrote:
In post 1296, Alisae wrote:
With either combination of Aristeia or Aureal absolutely
both of those players never let me get away with it.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”