Mini 1392: Social Justice Mafia (Game Over)

The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Pity.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Which night?
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Antihero »

well, actually, there's only a 1/8 chance that i did

actually 1/6 assuming reverend and toogeloo are telling the truth
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

Correct. (Slightly adapted for my purposes.)
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Mod: If a redirector were to redirect Player A to Player B, would it count as him targeting Player B?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Even still, Toogeloo targeted Tajun. No one is claiming to have interfered with that.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 1328, DeltaWave wrote:

Correct. (Slightly adapted for my purposes.)

then my action should take first priority

i'm a role copier but i don't know what the role is and it's random
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Well, your copy would go off first, yes. The role you copied may not be given priority. Second, can you copy a power that doesn't target? This could all be moot if there is a chance you didn't go anywhere after the copy. Of course, you could have gotten my power which takes two names to function properly. Overall, I'm not convinced this line of thought is worth pursuing any farther.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by TheReverend »

Yeah I totally agree that scum sacrificing in return for a PGO who would be easy to policy lynch is far from optimal scum strategy. Toog has gotta be town here. And since we're all here and no-one has claimed to have roleblocked toog, it's pretty obvious to me that tajun is scum.

There's no doubt I'm gonna get NK'ed tonight. If we want the chance to trap scum by having them say they targetted my n1 target, mass claim must be today. I get that there's prob another strong town PR out there, but there's me and toog for the scum to work through as well. I'll be watching whoever has the strongest claimed role, currently toog. That's why they have to kill me first. It's obvious to me and them. So a mass claim today is no different from a mass claim tomorrow, only today we have the extra bonus of them having one person to dodge when they fake claim their n1 action.

I'm a dead man tonight. Today is last chance to make use of what little info I have. If you guys really think mass claiming today is not good, fair enough. I'm not gonna push for this after this post. But don't go and mass claim tomorrow because that's the same net result as doing it today, minus the bonus. That will annoy me.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I see no reason to mass claim today. Scum have enough to worry about with the already claimed powers, town can probably still wreak a little havoc with the powers we have unclaimed. I'd guess at least one other scum outside of Tajun has already claimed too. Being Role Madness, there is a good chance that Scum can claim their actual roles, or at least slight variations of them.

The only thing I am worried about at this point is whether scum interfered with my shot and didn't claim it. But Tajun's posts today have been defeatist and simply saying "Lynch Toog after me," and "Good Luck town," posts. He wasn't banking on interference since his tone changed fairly quickly, and he isn't really scum hunting, but rather lining up lynches after he gets lynched, which he knows is happening. Just doesn't seem town minded at all, and I am fairly confident with a Tajun lynch at this point.

Vote: Tajun

Vote: Tajun
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Not sure why it double voted there (posting from phone is hard I guess), but rest assured, I am not a double voter too.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Something else worth noting...

Tajun has openly called me and AP liars today, but hasn't voted for either of us yet.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Post by qwints »

Which night?
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by qwints »

Lynch all liars.

VOTE: Tajun
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Post by quadz08 »

qwints is next.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by TheReverend »

In post 1334, Toogeloo wrote:The only thing I am worried about at this point is whether scum interfered with my shot and didn't claim it.

And in turn this comment is all that worries me about you, but I guess you say this either way. You're right that it's a possibility, but it can also be your excuse if you're scum for when he flips town.

But qwints is probably scum roleblocker and he blocked me, so I doubt you got blocked by scum. And I also really would be somewhat surprised if you flip scum.

qwints - why have you completely ignored my post where I explain why I think you're still scum? Is this not a strong enough push to warrant a response?
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by qwints »

I rb'd you be because you seemed scummier. Omgus might have biased my read, but the win-con thing seemed forced. Like I said, you seemed happy with either lynch.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Post by TheReverend »

Win-con thing seemed forced? Bullshit. If you said that the malp flip made you think I could be scum, I could buy that. But this excuse is rubbish. I really thought I nailed malp there. I was so expecting malp to flip scum that I thought I was obvtown. Only his flip made me realise this wasn't the case.

I was happy with either lynch. That's because I felt both of you were scummy. No, I think you blocked me because you knew I'd look you up as cop or shoot you if vig. You're scum.

So who do you think are the scum now the qwints? You still think me and pidgeon?
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Post by Tajun »

a) Why would I be lining up lyncheds if I was going to flip scum? HMMMMMMMM.....
b)Yeah, this is why I said don't lynch me yet, because I saw this coming
c) Seriously, give me 24 hours and I will post proper reads, which might be of some use to you clowns after I flip TOWN.
d) Drunk right now, not going to happen yet.
e) Toog dies tomorrow. DO NOT FORGET. He has NO BULLSHIT EXCUSES, HE DIES.
f) I want AP dead too, but that might just be because he pisses me off. Significantly less sure about that. He might just be an arrogant ass.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Post by Tajun »

Just in case I haven't been sufficiently clear, after I am lynched TOOGELOO DIES.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:02 am

Post by TheReverend »

Tajun, your reaction is not convincing me. Clowns? Why are those who think you're scum clowns? You told us you're PGO, toog tells us he tried to shoot you and neither of you died. Why are you surprised people are now thinking you're scum? This waa waa act makes it look all the more likely. IF you flip town, then toog probably dies, but he's not guaranteed to flip scum even then. Toog doesn't look like scum lying to me. He could be, but it's a shit gambit if he is. So our primary concern is that qwints is not scum roleblocker and toog got roleblocked by scum. Or that scum have two roleblockers. You don't even seem to think this could be the case. No pal, you're caught scum. Sucks to be you right now.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:02 am

Post by Tajun »

Coolio. Let me be equally clear, after I flip TOWN toog must die for his lies. There is no other sensible choice, the scum could have a non-qwints RB, but it's not bloody likely that they got this lucky. I knew the moment that he claimed his shot I was a dead man, unless there was some other explanation (RB'ed by town, weird interactions, etc.) Fortunately, I am doing my job as PGO and taking a scum with me. You're welcome. No one seems to be able to think "hey, why would a scum BP have claimed PGO or why would a claimed PGO have a doc protection" or "why wouldn't scum tajun have self-hammered, since his death was a certainty regardless" or "why is dead-man tajun still trying to help?" The answer will surprise about 5 of you.

Final reads:

*Towniest*

TheRev: is a fantastic actor if scum, it's very tough to fake what he did at the end of the day yesterday, and the excitement he has been showing.

The Rufflig: is playing a very town game, seems to be thinking things through logically and making sensible inferences.

AngryPidgeon: After sleeping on it, there is a good chance he is just an ass. He is clearly misinterpreting my posting to make me look scummy, but he is doing it really badly as well. I'm not sure that scum AP would be trying to make a case seem super strong based on reactions etc. when the case makes itself based solely on role interactions. Decent chance he is town.

Jal: Something feels off there. Usually I go with my gut pretty strongly, but I remember I had the same feeling last game with her and she flipped town there, so I really don't know.

Quadz: A bit up in the air. Shamrock was ambiguous at best, but Quadz seems a bit more town. Tough to say.

Antihero: Had a bad feeling about Zajnet, and antihero continues the thought. Post 923 was bad, and I don't see a lot of town there.

qwints: Has simply done too many scummy things this game, there was a reason he was the second choice yesterday. I see no town there whatsoever.

toogeloo: Duh.

*Scummiest*

If toogeloo survives tomorrow, I am blacklisting every townie left alive at that point. Dead serious. I don't even care if he flips town.

Fire away.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:06 am

Post by TheReverend »

I'm obviously town because my claim would be fucking stupid if I'm scum. It wasn't smart as town, I'd have been better off staying quiet and wathing toog tonight, but too late for that.

No one seems to be able to think "hey, why would a scum BP have claimed PGO or why would a claimed PGO have a doc protection" or "why wouldn't scum tajun have self-hammered, since his death was a certainty regardless" or "why is dead-man tajun still trying to help?"

You seem to be neglecting that your claim came at a time when, as you acknowledge, you weren't playing well enough to draw a NK. Or, to put it another way, you were at serious risk of being d1 lynch.

Unofficial vote count (9 players, 5 to lynch)-
tajun - (quadz pidgeon toogeloo qwints) - 4 (L-1)
qwints - (jal reverend) - 2

I'll throw in a VOTE: qwints, he's already scummy as hell but he throws in his vote without telling us it's L-1. Further scumminess.

We could leave toog to prove his vigness by directing him to kill a particular scummy person. Any other town vig will not shoot that person. Maybe scum NK the person toog is directed to kill, but that leaves me around for another day with my unclaimed n1 action. Scum can't kill toog because I'll be protecting him by watching him. That's why they have to kill me first. It's so obvious I have no problem posting this.

If toog's target dies, along with me, then toog is vig and tajun is obviously scum. If toog's target didn't die, he was either roleblocked or he's scum. Removing qwints probably means they can't roleblock him.

So yeah, qwints today, not tajun. Discuss.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:22 am

Post by quadz08 »

Rev, your plan is acceptable. I'll roll with that.

VOTE: qwints
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:24 am

Post by Tajun »

Sounds better than plan a, that is for sure.

From your point of view there is of course the problem that scum may have a redirector (or something like it). From mine, it doesn't matter anyway, as Toog isn't an NK target regardless.

I wasn't a lynch target day 1, I was somewhere in the middle, but you're right that I might not have made it to endgame. Tough to say really.

Pedit: I had a vote down for the plan, but we should choose a "target" for toogeloo before we do this lynch. FTR, I am very much in favour of this.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”