Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:25 am

Post by Empking »

Roles and comments to come once I get on my computer.
Actions

Night One:
Mikeburnfire targeted Iecerint
Bro bred a Rescue Dog
notscience targeted Mikeburnfire
d3x tracked JacobSavage
Iecerint cabbaged JacobSavage
Kdub targeted d3x
Oil Tycoons killed JasonWazza
JacobSavage targeted Guille

Night Two:
mikeburnfire targeted MeowMix
Bro bred a rescue dog
Kdub targeted d3x
Oil Tycoons killed Mikkeburnfire
Iecerint cabbaged Mikeburnfire
Guille targeted JacobSavage

Night Three:
Kdub targeted d3x
Oil Tycoons targeted Bro
Iecerint cabbaged Guille
Guille targeted Rescue Dog no. 1

Night Four:
Kdub targeted D3x
Oil Tycoons targeted kthxbye
Iecerint cabbaged rescue Dog no. 2

Night Five:
Kdub killed Cephrir
Iecerint cabbaged kthxbye
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:41 am

Post by Kdub »

Good game. I figured I had no chance once d3x tracked me, I was just seeing how long I could hold out.

I'll wait until Empking posts the full setup to comment, but I think this game was pretty much decided after D1/N1.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:03 am

Post by BROseidon »

Yeah, the NK on Jason was really bad luck, given that nobody was going to suspect him for a longggggggggggggggg time.

Really surprised I got NK'd, though, given that my reads were horrible and I'd already done my damage. May I ask what the reasoning behind that decision was?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:34 am

Post by Empking »

Spoiler: set up
You are a Multilingual Translator (Town)

Each night you may target a player in order to learn whether or not they have any writing on them. If they do have any writing on them you shall read its meaning.

You win if no scum are alive and at least one member of the town still lives.

-------------

You are a Professional Writer (Mafia)

Each night you may target a player with a note of up to twenty words. These notes are in Mafiaese, the language you do your professional writing in, meaning that if given to a typical mafia they will be able to read them but if given to typical town they will not be able to read them; note the word typical there.

You are a mafia traitor with no access to the mafia quicktopic and you will only have access to the mafia kill if both your partners are dead. You also know that there is no role capable of finding out another player’s role or rolename.

You win if only mafia members are still alive and at least one mafia member remains.

-------

You are a Dog Breeder (Town)

Each night you may choose to breed one of two dogs: a Tracker Dog or a Rescue Dog. If you breed a rescue dog it will become a voteless NPC being listed in the player list and able to be killed or lynched, while alive it will keep any actions with the descriptor (Disaster) from working. Alternatively you may breed a Tracker Dog, the first player to target you after that will be able to replace there existing night action with a track ability.

You are not limited in how many times you can breed a given dog (other than once per night).

--------

You are an Astronaut (Town)

You know that a Senator is in the game and that he is town. Each night you may target a player to learn if they are the Senator. If you successfully target the Senator you will be immune to all kills other than the lynch up to twenty attempts.

-------

You are a Senator (Town)

They’re pretty useless aren’t they? You are powerless.

------

You are an Oil Tycoon (Mafia)

If you perform the mafia night kill and you target a Senator the mafia will gain a one-shot factional daykill. This daykill has the (disaster) modifier and will turn the current day into a double day.

You know Kdub (Professional Poker Player) is on your team and you may speak here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/bh6i8B5fzgi at any time. You also have a factional kill together.

You win if only mafia members are still alive and at least one mafia member remains.

-------

You are a Professional Poker Player (Mafia)

Each night you will be given either a ‘winning’ or ‘losing’ hand. If you do not perform the mafia kill, you may target a player and they will be given a choice the next day of whether to raise or fold. If they raise when you have a winning hand they will be vanillaised, if they raise when you have a losing hand then you shall be vanillaised, if they fold they will be roleblocked for one night. They will be told of the stakes but not if you have a winning or losing hand.

You know Oil Tycoons (Oil Tycoon) is on your team and you may speak here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/bh6i8B5fzgi at any time. You also share a factional kill with him.

----

You are a Butcher (Town)

Each night you may target a player, if they have a non-human or if they are non-human you will turn it into meat. Alternatively, if you have meat, you may give it to a player in order to Jailkeep them for a night.

---

You are a Televangelist (Town)

You have two-shot nightkill immunity however hammering a player or being associated with other sinful acts such as poker and prostitution will be classed as a nightkill towards you.

----
You are a Telemarketer (Town)

Each night you may target a player causing you to sequester yourself from being targeted by any other players, including from kills, for a night and also giving that player an additional shot that is automatically used on you.

-----
You are a School Principal (Town)

You know that a Senator is in the game and that he is town. Each night you may target a player to learn if they are the Senator. If you successfully target the Senator you will gain a double vote for every day after that night.

-----

You are the Queen of the Savages (Town)

You have a cabbage. Each night you may give a player a cabbage. If the majority of living players (at least three) have cabbages then the day will have you being a public King deciding one of those lynches. Once that happens all cabbages are destroyed. A king is a player who may execute a player during that day and whose presence keeps the town from having a lynch.

-----

You are an Assistant Office Manager (Town)

Each night you may target a player and learn who they targeted, if anybody. The player you target will be informed that you targeted them and will be given the choice the next day to make a complaint and vanillaise you. If you target the same player more than once they will automatically complain and vanillaise you.

Spoiler: Some set up thoughts
The design philosophy of the set up was to have Stoofer's Law to balance it but also to have some hopefully interesting interactions.

Firstly, the fact that the traitor was capable of being able to night killed was a mistake. Although, I don't think it made as big an impact as Kdub thinks, I do think it was very swingy; especially since town's main power role was a tracker; a role that grows stronger as scum dies. An additional issue is that the traitor was designed as a sort of stronger Fruit Vendor, but I think Mike's role made using the power a possibly poor choice for a risk-averse traitor. If I was making the set up again the big change I'd make would be to make the traitor bulletproof.

The second issue, which had much less of an effect on play, was how tangential to the game the disaster modifier was, as it was Bro was essentially being tricked into producing fuel for Guille by a threat of a disaster that had been defused all the way back on day one. That's not ideal, in hindsight something like what Tycoons fakeclaimed should've been real.

My final note is my disappointment at how the Telemarketer went down. That was my favourite of the standalone roles, and it was utterly insunderstood. I don't think the PM was that opaque; was it?

I think both teams played well, and I think very highly of Kdub's last day gambit, which if not convincing was at least impressive.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:34 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 904, guille2015 wrote:PoE basically. I see Iec and Dex as town. Meow and Kthx are quite probably telling the truth. Kedub and Oil.

So, I find that we have a higher probability that at least one of Kdub or Oil is scum, maybe both. I think Kdub is scummier.

Vote Kdub
I called it. I have to improve my suspicions without getting lynch.

Good game every one I had fun.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:19 am

Post by Iecerint »

The telemarketer flip was kind of misleading. It looks like NS basically had his role right.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Iecerint »

Well, except that his role automatically led MBF to also target NS.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:23 am

Post by Kdub »

In post 1328, Empking wrote:Firstly, the fact that the traitor was capable of being able to night killed was a mistake. Although, I don't think it made as big an impact as Kdub thinks, I do think it was very swingy
This is pretty much my only complaint with the setup. I might have been more OK with it if OT and I had known there was a traitor and that he would die if we targeted him with the nightkill. That way, at least we could factor that into our thought process. Being able to recruit the traitor would have been ideal, as it reduces the swinginess but still sort of hurts the mafia (since nobody would die that night). I said D1/N1 was where the game was decided because we lost access to our most powerful ability (OT's daykill) while lynching the only non-PR townie, followed by the kill on Jason.

The rest of the setup seemed pretty creative though.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:27 am

Post by Kdub »

As a side note, I used to be a part of the online poker community, and it was through interactions on poker forums that introduced me to mafia and this site. I think I've revealed that fact at some point in the past (though it was a while ago and I'm not sure where), so I was a little bit afraid that someone might remember that and use it against me.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:30 am

Post by Iecerint »

Wait, so the disaster was a pro-town thing, if it occurred? It basically gave an extra lynch?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 am

Post by Kdub »

It also gave mafia a daykill, so if we had saved it until lylo, the "extra" lynch wouldn't have mattered.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1334, Iecerint wrote:Wait, so the disaster was a pro-town thing, if it occurred? It basically gave an extra lynch?
It could be pro-town in town hands. In practice it would (probably) push LyLo a day earlier as scum daykilled rather than allowing town to lynch.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:54 am

Post by Iecerint »

Oh, I thought that only the double-day was the "disaster" such that the Rescue Dogs blocked the double-day, but not the daykill.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by notscience »

Derp

:L I misunderstood it
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:42 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Yay, the game's over and we won! It's been so long I can't really remember much.

Mafia, why did you kill me?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:44 am

Post by notscience »

Because you claimed an investigative role lol
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:33 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Yeah, my intention was to get killed that night. I wasn't lying when I said I was an investigative role, but since the Mafia Writer was already dead my ability was useless. Might as well take one for the team.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by Equinox »