Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Ythan »

I'm not sure that ani has been reading the whole thread. He is fortunate that I have role-based information in another case so that he can wait until tomorrow.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Oh yay, more "Secret Scumtells". Those, IMO, until lshown,are as good as nil. I never listen to anyone who claims seceret scumtells, because they could be scum using it to get people to vote.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:25 am

Post by Ythan »

You definitely haven't been reading the thread. If you had you would not be calling the shit we have been talking about more than anything else today a "secret scumtell." Please go back and read the thread from the beginning of the day (or the first page if you haven't been keeping up at all and you want to be useful).
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:27 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Well, I've been following this day, and I am not going to read the whole thread again.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Battousai »

Amished wrote:
Ythan wrote:Been having connectivity problems. If anyone still cares, I don't have my kill anymore but I don't know if it worked.
Ok, so I might not have the most experience with 1-shot abilities, but if it's used up; that would almost certainly prove to me that it was used; and not roleblocked.
I'm not sure if you are lieing to cover for Ythan or what. A roleblocked person doesn't know they are roleblocked when they use their power nor after they use it. Also, you just believe Ythan that it is gone. You don't even consider the fact that he may be lieing about having the power still?

MSH- I would think that with this type of game (where if you die you can pass on your votes), that the scum team would be relatively small. For balance, I think there may be two groups (alternating kills, killed the same person N1/N2, etc.). If there were a large scum team of 6 players, they would always stay at 6 strong voting wise. If they are good enough or the town is bad enough, they can go to majority vote and win in N3. For a 23 player large game, that would be too short and since this is a second run for this type (typically different from the first, but more bugs worked out), I would think that would be worked out.

Xite- Your reaction to my accusations against you have been pretty null, I must say. But my gut is still saying you are scum. I really don't like the way you tried to direct a claimed PR to basically null out another's action and I don't like the fact that you jumped on the claimed PR for claiming to have targetted the person who died (just like what would happen if he targetted the person) when someone else who was also supposed to target the player claimed to have done so, claimed to have targetted the player. Initially, you do not even think the plan of getting some confirmed players all the way through. You basically gave a potential mafia RB a german shepard in which to herd the town down the path of destruction. Then when you hear the dog barking, you just run down the designated path it left for you without question.

Also, for all those who said Richard doesn't have a problem lieing. The game you are quoting where he lied was when he was TOWN. "Oh, he lied as town, he can't be trusted to tell the truth as scum!" Right now, I'd almost be willing to daykill someone just to end the day without all you being able to affect the end result.

MOD: I request you give me unlimited day kills rite now!!1!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Ythan »

animorpherv1 wrote:Well, I've been following this day, and I am not going to read the whole thread again.
How does you paying attention jive with your complete lack of understanding regarding the me v richard situation?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:05 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Well, I've been following along, and the only bit I really understand is that Rochard was uspposed to vig millar, but people are supposedly saying he isn't.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Ani: Richard is claimed CPR Doc. Ythan was given a 1-shot kill by Twomz. Richard claimed the millar kill, then Ythan claimed the millar kill. One of them obviously didn't do it. Whether through roleblocking or just plain lies is the part that's uncertain. It's not very hard to understand.

Ythan: do you not think it's possible that you're both town?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Ythan »

I think it's unlikely. Earlier reads plus role evidence that leans toward him being scum.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Amished »

Weee going around in circles.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Ythan »

Like you're contributing.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Amished »

I've been trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I still don't see more motivation for scum to roleblock either of you over twomz (if we can believe Ani) since an unknown (or even another 1-shot vig) ability would be much more dangerous to them than a kill of somebody that's not mafia. I believe you more than Richard, though I don't fully understand your reasons for going after millar when Richard was ostensibly going to last night. Overall; the roleblock one of them theory seems overly complicated and should be dismissed. SSBF is still scum; and I'm somewhat sure that Richard is at L-2 and I don't want to put him in hammer position before I can really think through all of the possible scenarios. As you probably know, I'm in another game that's requiring more speculation than this game.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Ythan wrote:I'm not sure that ani has been reading the whole thread. He is fortunate that I have role-based information in another case so that he can wait until tomorrow.
I actually understand the Ani logic, there are other things making people think that you are probably town, so you shouldn't be questioning why you and Richard aren't the only people under scrunity, besides this is a large game with quite a few scum, so we can be looking at multiple people. The fact that you're not happy with people tunneling you and Richard is scummy.
FoS Ythan

I'm still much happier than an SSBF wagon.
Battousai wrote:1) I'm not sure if you are lieing to cover for Ythan or what. A roleblocked person doesn't know they are roleblocked when they use their power nor after they use it. Also, you just believe Ythan that it is gone. You don't even consider the fact that he may be lieing about having the power still?

2) MSH- I would think that with this type of game (where if you die you can pass on your votes), that the scum team would be relatively small. For balance, I think there may be two groups (alternating kills, killed the same person N1/N2, etc.). If there were a large scum team of 6 players, they would always stay at 6 strong voting wise. If they are good enough or the town is bad enough, they can go to majority vote and win in N3. For a 23 player large game, that would be too short and since this is a second run for this type (typically different from the first, but more bugs worked out), I would think that would be worked out.

3) Xite- Your reaction to my accusations against you have been pretty null, I must say. But my gut is still saying you are scum. I really don't like the way you tried to direct a claimed PR to basically null out another's action and I don't like the fact that you jumped on the claimed PR for claiming to have targetted the person who died (just like what would happen if he targetted the person) when someone else who was also supposed to target the player claimed to have done so, claimed to have targetted the player. Initially, you do not even think the plan of getting some confirmed players all the way through. You basically gave a potential mafia RB a german shepard in which to herd the town down the path of destruction. Then when you hear the dog barking, you just run down the designated path it left for you without question.
1) He probably hasn't stopped to consider all of the possibilities.
2) You're missing someting there, if I were scum, I wouldn't pass my votes to a scumbuddy because it would make them obvscum, on the other hand, I would pass it to a townie, because then there's more of a chance to get a mislynch. Just sayin.
3) Whaaaaaat? My reactions are null, but that doesn't clear me to you, even though I explained what my thoughts were on that, you're still trying to make it seem like something else, and then some off-the-wall metaphor that seems to me to mean almost nothing but makes me look more scummy.
FoS Batt

Again, though, I like an SSBF lynch better
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Ythan »

Xite I'm in more than one game with you. I know you're terrible in at least one of them but I'm not sure if this is one. After your FoS without an actual "I find you suspicious because" I'm going to check. It's as if you're leaping at an opportunity to disagree with something I say and somehow conflate that with proper suspicion. Most likely an attempt to discredit my beneficial position as prob-town with good information.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

@Locke:

OR this could be a big goose chase, where they both targetted millar.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Richard is scum because I think that if there was a scum roleblocker, they would've been on Twomz Night 1. Richard's also been far scummier than Ythan, so there are more points against him.

Vote: RichardGHP

Xite is scum because she was CONVINCED that Richard was the right lynch yesterday, but now today, even though it's become more likely that Richard is scum, she doesn't want to lynch him.

Ani, you're still misunderstanding... read what CPR Docs are.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Rhinox »

I'm just not getting why on D3 with no dead scum, this has to turn into an either/or decision. This is a big game, there are probably at least 4 maybe 5 other scum and thats IF one of Ythan or Richard is scum. I think there are reasonable explanations for both being town. We also have lots of time in the day. I'd like to see everyone considering richard or ythan to slow down and take a step back for a little bit and look at their #2 suspects. I'll support a richard lynch if there's no other clear scum choice later in the day, but I'm extremely uncomfortable with the push on the richard wagon up to L-1 so quickly.

To start, whats everyone think of my post #1358 regarding SSBF?

[Ythan, Locke Lamora, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Xite91, jahudo, Chronopie, animorpherv1, {Magua}, {MichaelSaberheart}, {Amished}, {Holycon}]

In the list above, the first set of names took richard to L-1 very quickly. The names in braces were either FoS's, intents to votes, or believing ythan more than richard. As far as I can tell, only me, battousai, and KMD are anti a richard lynch at the moment.

Plum, charlie, nacho - haven't commented on the claim-counter claim happenings at all. Likely, at least 1 of these 3 is scum hanging back waiting to see how it plays out, regardless of Richard's allignment. I'd like to hear from the 3 of you what you think about Ythan vs. richard.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Nacho, I KNOW what a CPR Doctor is. I get it now. It just slipped me for a minute.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Ythan »

It's kind of central to the town speculation that's been going on all day.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I think it's because I missed Richard's claim I didn't get it.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Ythan »

Then may I ask what you've been doing today?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Trying to participate, although not very effectivley?

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Battousai »

xite-
1) Thanks for defending Amished. I really wanted you to respond to what I said and not him...

2) Town can give their vote to scum, plus the whole WIFOM of giving a vote to your scum buddy would make scum giving scum votes a bit more plausible. Plus the whole point was a worst-case-scenerio.

3) Why would null clear you? It doesn't make you more or less so I go to my fallback belief. Let me make my statements crystal. You wanted/actively supported Ythan and Richard targetting the same person. This plan, when vocalized, would lead a mafia RBer into wanting to block one of the two in order to get an extra kill on a townie plus 1 or 2 mislynches (assuming neither Ythan nor Richard are scum). Then when both Ythan and Richard claim to have targetted millar, you follow the RBer's plan and vote Richard without question.

Rhinox- nacho just voted Richard, so he's past fence-sitting.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

bump
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus