Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

AGar, Meransiel and Deity shots were perfectly, 100% justified. The others are debatable.

Laugh it up all you want. Town lost and it is everyone's loss. If it makes you feel better to blame it all on the Vig then go right ahead.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by diddin »

We shot AGar lol, not you.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

Yeah, you shot Grey, on the same night we shot him... No matter how you try to justify it, if the vig is shooting the same player scum want dead, it's not a good vig.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:19 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

AGar is who I was talking to, not apart of the list:
Zinger2099 wrote:
@AGar;
Meransiel and Deity shots were perfectly, 100% justified. The others are debatable.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:34 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Zinger2099 wrote:AGar, Meransiel and Deity shots were perfectly, 100% justified. The others are debatable.

Laugh it up all you want. Town lost and it is everyone's loss. If it makes you feel better to blame it all on the Vig then go right ahead.

No. Just no. The Dana shot was not debatable by any stretch of the imaginiation.

He had soft-claimed a Power-role in a Multi-scum set-up. Actively going out of the way to kill him when scum has every reason to take a shot at him was downright stupid.

Most everyone is (rightfully, IMO) putting most of the blame on you because we successfully targetted scum with lynches pretty much Day 2 on until after I died. Had you made a SINGLE good shot on scum the outcome of the game likely swings to a Town win.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

Nah man, people are putting the blame on me because they are whiny kids who don't like to take responsibility because they spend too much time on the internet and not enough in the real world. But who am I to judge.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:58 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Zinger2099 wrote:Nah man, people are putting the blame on me because they are whiny kids who don't like to take responsibility because they spend too much time on the internet and not enough in the real world. But who am I to judge.

Yeah ... those critizing your play are just too involved with Mafia and don't 'live life'.

It can't possibly be that your play was bad. Nope, not possible at all

:roll:
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

I never said my play wasn't bad. I said it is silly to put the blame for the team's loss entirely on the actions of a single player.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:34 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Zinger2099 wrote:I never said my play wasn't bad. I said it is silly to put the blame for the team's loss entirely on the actions of a single player.

You are right. DK shares the blame with you.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

blacklisting zinger
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I wanted to apologize to to Jason for flaking on his game. Sorry bouts that dude.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

chesskid3 wrote:blacklisting zinger

blacklisting chesskid
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

omg, an OMGUS after the game has finished lol
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:00 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

bloody hell, people blacklist over the slightest thing these days, for the stupidest of reasoning. No one in this game did anything blacklist worthy in my opinion.

Now, the vig made bad shots granted, sorry Zinger, however those shots are at the discretion of the vig and in my experience they always use shots on who they feel is scum. Zinger did that and was wrong. He played to his win condition, as did chesskid and neither should be blacklist worthy. Neither have made any blacklist worthy postings.

Not agreeing with playstyle IS NOT a black list offense.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

jasonT1981 wrote:bloody hell, people blacklist over the slightest thing these days, for the stupidest of reasoning. No one in this game did anything blacklist worthy in my opinion.

Now, the vig made bad shots granted, sorry Zinger, however those shots are at the discretion of the vig and in my experience they always use shots on who they feel is scum. Zinger did that and was wrong. He played to his win condition, as did chesskid and neither should be blacklist worthy. Neither have made any blacklist worthy postings.

Not agreeing with playstyle IS NOT a black list offense.

I blacklisted chesskid not because of his play but because I don't think a player who is willing to blacklist someone so easily deserves to play in a game. If you're gonna start blacklisting people because of how they played then you have no business playing the game, in my opinion.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:23 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I discussed this recently on here, about blacklisting, people are blacklisting people for self-hammering etc which is BS. I only have 2 people on my blacklist from 2 years on here one for lying for reasons to get out of a game, and other for ingame attitude which was severly compromising to the game
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I've got one blacklist.
He said he "intentionally" played really bad when town to cover for himself when he was scum.
As that is dramatically against the play to win concept - he is blacklist worthy.
That's a 'how you play the game' thing that is blacklist worthy in my opinion.
Also, though I had to get in my two cents because I'm a special and unique snowflake, I'm suspicious if we want to actually suss this out it would be better as a MD thread than as an endgame thing. Not that I don't love having this game bounce back to the top of my watched threads list, but...
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Zinger2099 wrote:AGar, Meransiel and Deity shots were perfectly, 100% justified. The others are debatable.

No. Just no. The Dana shot was not debatable by any stretch of the imaginiation.

He had soft-claimed a Power-role in a Multi-scum set-up. Actively going out of the way to kill him when scum has every reason to take a shot at him was downright stupid.

Most everyone is (rightfully, IMO) putting most of the blame on you because we successfully targetted scum with lynches pretty much Day 2 on until after I died. Had you made a SINGLE good shot on scum the outcome of the game likely swings to a Town win.

Hrmm. Maybe he didn't notice the soft claim? I remember having scum reads on pr's because I didn't get their subtle actions to lynch scum. (But through experience, I can see them better)

Don't think people should blacklist him for shooting wrong.

I can understand Thor's reason, because it's something relating to win conditions. "You don't want to help town as town to help yourself as scum? Then I won't join your town". I would assume people would rather play with people playing to their wincon.

I'm sure Zinger did, just wasn't as right or as smart.

Hell, who hasn't been cocky as a vig? I know I have. (Especially after netting scum n1, I clicked my happy trigger)
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

But the other stuff may have been him being stubborn. xP Hopefully you do try to improve though. Even though people put the blame on you and yell at you, just know that you were incorrect.

If you shoot trying to shoot scum, I'm fine with you. I don't NEED you to shoot Policy lynch bait. : P

Self hammering is a diff issue. I'd want to have competent town players, not people who wuss out. But, of course I would be glad for scum to self hammer when I'm town. :3 (Although then the scum team might think negatively of this)
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by AGar »

Zinger2099 wrote:I blacklisted chesskid not because of his play but because I don't think a player who is willing to blacklist someone so easily deserves to play in a game.

Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Self hammering is a diff issue. I'd want to have competent town players, not people who wuss out. But, of course I would be glad for scum to self hammer when I'm town. :3 (Although then the scum team might think negatively of this)

Oddly enough, self-hammering =/= wussing out. I can't say more now, but suffice it to say that self-hammering can be playing to your wincon even if you are a VT.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:32 am

Post by diddin »

My self-hammer was legit, I could out the vig and shut everyone up early. Definitely playing to my wincon.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:53 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

If anyone still has this bookmarked, feel free to signup to my new large theme (WITHOUT Governor)

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=17919

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”