alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:32 am

Post by alvinz95 »

roflcopter wrote:because head honcho was not at lynch minus one

now shush, you're a claimed cult recruit, we can't take anything you say at face value anymore
i wasn't either, just sayin'
Is back.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Vino »

There are two possibilities. One is that alvinz is the CR and one is that he's telling the truth. I personally think he's telling the truth. That being the case, roflcopter and Honcho probably aren't the other Cult because they put alvinz to L-2 and L-1. After a review of previous pages I'm lead to believe it's orangepenguin.

I am reminded of a previous post by OP where he seems to go to great lengths to make it seem as if he is not CR, and then when I note that it seems contrived he responds fervently with meta and a weak "I've never played those roles before and therefore I'm not those roles now" argument. That combined with what could be construed as bussing alvinz early today and his eagerness to jump on rofl's bandwagon is enough to lead me to strongly suspect him as the CR.

Unvote, Vote: orangepenguin

I hate to say it, but if we can't establish a CR today, and we don't trust alvinz to die tonight by vig or mafia nk, then we can still lynch alvinz. It's a sure bet to keep the game from ending tomorrow after the night events. If we lynch him then tomorrow assuming mafia doesn't NK the CR there will be this:

mafia (prob mason)
mafia
town/mafia
town (mason)
cult/town
cult recruiter

If the game started with four mafia then we are fucked unless mafia manage to kill a cult tonight. Otherwise if the CR recruits wrong tonight then it's 3 town, 2 mafia, 1 cult, or 2 town, 2 mafia, 2 cult. The other option is to lynch someone else and if we get it wrong hope that alvinz dies by vig or NK. Oddly enough, the mafia may end up NKing alvinz tonight if we don't lynch him because there's no way they can win with 3 culties running around. In that case we may end up in the strange position of having to depend on the mafia to kill a cult. If we can be sure of a CR hit today then alvinz will be a pro-town vote tomorrow, otherwise he will contribute to the cult count and he needs to go. I won't be taking part in any lynch unless I'm satisfied that we have a reasonable assurance that we won't lose tomorrow if we get it wrong.

roflcopter, your logic is retarded. 1468 is a ridiculous straw man argument chock full of loose circumstantial evidence, and my behavior the rest of the game doesn't match up with CR behavior. All you guys bandwagoning on it need to think for yourselves.

alvinz, I honestly wish you would reveal the CR, town will likely lose otherwise. The game is completely screwed up either way, at least we get a shot at winning this way.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Sure, let's find out.

unvote, vote: Vino
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Lowell »

Yeah okay vino is fine. What's the vote count?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by roflcopter »

vino is at l-1 as far as i can tell
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Lowell »

aight I'll probably hammer at some point.

Can I ask what happened to H_H? Why did that bandwagon dissolve?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by roflcopter »

you're already voting vino, so you can't hammer

the h_h wagon dissolved after alvinz claimed cult recruit and it became very, very obvious that either he's a) telling the truth, and therefore vino is recruiter based on the post i made outlining the reasons or b) lying, and therefore actually the recruiter, in which case he'll get nked tonight, because both town and mafia have a very good reason to want to take out the cult.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by roflcopter »

hey, alvinz, hammer vino! it'll be great!
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by roflcopter »

(note that with vino at minus one, if he were anything but the cult recruiter then alvinz-cult-recruit would almost certainly be hammering right now)
soi soi soi

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Vino »

That's retarded. alvinz bailed on the cult, he is pro-town now, he's not going to hammer just because I'm not CR. roflcopter, stop tunneling, you're going to lose the game for town.

I can't believe everybody is actually going along with this, even after everything I just said. Did anybody else just hear me say that we'll probably lose the game if we make an incorrect lynch today?
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by roflcopter »

alvinz may have claimed cult recruit, but he certainly hasn't bailed on the cult. if you were not the recruiter, alvinz could hammer you, leaving the cult recruiter alive another night to get another recruit, therefore maintaining the possibility for the cult to win. if you are the cult recruiter, alvinz hammering you would literally be hitting an i lose button.
soi soi soi

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Vino »

You're wrong and this isn't the first time you're wrong about something.
alvinz95 wrote:You can take this as me bailing on the cult. Cults suck.
He has bailed. He is not trying to win with the cult. He is possibly no longer going to even show up in this game.

You're wrong about that, you were wrong about Empking, you're wrong about me and I wish you would shut up and quit screwing up the game.
Show

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i think i smell the "you suck at mafia so you can't possible be right about me" defense. thats a powerful, powerful defense. [/sarcasm]
soi soi soi

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Hurry and unvote Vino, ASAP, whoever sees this. He's not the CR.

CR has to be roflcopter or a mason. I think it could be lowell.
Immoral Acts: 0
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

also
unvote
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Vino »

I'm trying hard to contain my frustration about this game. I am incredulous that so many people would so easily throw the game away. It's not exactly the best setup ever, but it would be a royal shame to be lynched four RL days after this game day started, with no time limit and virtually no discussion on it, because of a bandwagon from somebody who's had a record of being patently wrong. That would piss me off righteously.

In a normal game rofl's behavior would be lynchable on sight. Soliciting votes on weak evidence? What kind of bullshit is this? But it gets excused because it's par for the course here. How is my neck in the noose when I'm the only one who's given any kind of analytical thought to the game in D3 so far? Retarded.
roflcopter wrote:vino votes head honcho for recruiter out of the gate today. ignores alvinz completely.
I gave a damn good reason for going after Honcho out of the gates, and I behaved the exact same way at the beginning of D2. It was a reasonable vote, even you voted him after I did, roflcopter. alvinz went from L-3 to L-1 in the space of about ten minutes, so even if I had wanted to get a vote on him there's no way I could have without actually hammering. You're imposing a motive on me that doesn't exist. Moreover I didn't ignore him completely, I acknowledged him as a prime suspect in the CR chase in this post. I'd have been more than willing to lend my vote if it was needed, but I had it on an equally viable (at the time) contender, whom I'd vocalized suspicion for at multiple times in the past.
roflcopter wrote:
Vino wrote:Let's not be so hasty. We need a general consensus that a massclaim is good, and then we need everybody to claim or nobody at all.
i posit that he is worried about alvinz making a bad claim.
Two people making a claim at the same time makes no sense and you know it. Imagine what would have happened if Honcho had claimed before alvinz did. It would have been unnecessary and it was a stupid idea. Either everybody should claim or we should vote for one person to claim. The only reason anybody entertains the idea that we should have two people claim is because all of the masons claimed at the beginning of the game, which was equally retarded.

Framing my miscount as intentional is also pretty low. I didn't notice that you unvoted alvinz so I accidentally counted your vote twice, it was an honest mistake.
Lowell wrote:One thing I have noticed about vino though is that he's coming out of his shell a little bit as the game goes on, being a little more assertive. That fits with CR, I guess.
Suffering from short term memory loss, or do you not remember how vocal I was D1, or that I hammered our D1 lynch? If anything I was more vocal then than I am now.

The whole thing just pisses me off and makes no sense. I really wish we were pursuing more reliable strategies like
logic
or even massclaims.
Show

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Vino »

Also THANK GOD somebody with some sense.
Show

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by Vino »

Head_Honcho wrote:CR has to be roflcopter or a mason. I think it could be lowell.
Care to share your logic?
Show

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

In fact I'm pretty sure it's lowell.

vote: lowell

I guess the most concrete thing I have is today when he went from
Lowell wrote:I feel underwhelmed by your decrees is all I'm saying.
Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote vino
. Again I'll do what rofl says.
within the course of a page. It looks more like opportunism than trying to actually catch a CR. Look at his post history though, you kind of get a feeling.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

hey I answered your question before I even saw it
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:19 am

Post by GnKoichi »

unvote, vote: PotS
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Vino »

I see what you mean Honcho, but the problem I'm having is that you can read just about anybody's history and interpret them in general as any role you've thought of them as. We need more than that if we're going to get the CR.

Could you share as to why you think it must be a mason? It sounds like you've done some maths on the setup that brings you to this conclusion. Or are you just working on hunches here?
Show

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:07 am

Post by roflcopter »

did anybody read that post made by alvinz at the start of the day? the recruiter is officially not a mason.
soi soi soi

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

He reads like a good player who isn't really scumhunting but hides it pretty well. Really, look through his post history.

I haven't done any math, ever. Have you looked at the current list? Basically by process of elimination it's roflcopter or a mason. For me it's kind of a tossup between the two of them, but I think lowell's dropped far more hints, and maybe rofl's just kind of overzealous. Little things, like in one post lowell is responding to litral's fakeclaim with a guess that the mod is writing up fakeclaims, and then when armlx says the mod was writing up fake claims, lowell acted surprised. I don't know, it's little things that just don't sit well with me. "I'm gonna laugh if alvinz is CR claiming recruit", to me gives just a hint of "guys here is how little I know about who the CR is, honest!". Maybe it's innocuous, maybe it isn't.

I can't believe you guys are trying to coast through day 3 though, our big group just got intimate, this is the best part of the game.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

roflcopter wrote:did anybody read that post made by alvinz at the start of the day? the recruiter is officially not a mason.
Yeah, maybe, I think it would be a mistake to put too much stock in that though. It's just like the old trick where scum oppose the lynch of a townie because they're the only ones who actually know he's a townie, then they get to say 'I told you so' later.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”