Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Devotress »

That last post was written without seeing glork's last post, it was response to wolfram, once second.

Vote Count:

Iecerint: 5
(KDub, Glork, MehPlusRawr, PranaDevil, dramonic, Chronopie)
PranaDevil: 5
(inHimshallibe, Iecerint, bill1148, DarkLightA, Nautilus)
dramonic: 2
(bv310, FC Groningen)
Zodiark13: 1
(Devotress)
Glork: 2
(Zodiark13)
bv310: 1
(wolframnhart)
Chronopie: 1
(WorseExcuse)

Not Voting:

Antifinity
JPSalazar
killa seven

Lynch:

11 votes.

Deadline:

May 2nd - 5:40 PM EST
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Devotress »

Glork wrote:There are NO grounds for "let's wait a day" or "let's wait until a scum flips" or anything like that. If you are confident enough to want to lynch him on D2 or D3 or whatever, then you should be confident enough to want him lynched NOW.
I disagree. I believe he's scum but the potential of a false roleflip is worth giving it a one day timeframe on someone else just in case.

Do you believe Iece is protown?
Not particularly, I did at first, but when I thought about you being blind it started to concern me. When I made the Eyedrops joke a few posts back is when I decided he might be scum and asked you about the flavour.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Glork »

Do you think there is a protown rationale for being able to use Ink and not telling anyone about it?

Do you think there is a protown rationale for using that ability on N1 of a night-start game?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Devotress »

I just said I believe he's scum in my last post.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Let me know when you're done, Glorky. <3
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Glork »

Whoops, I misread that.

Sorry, I'm dumb.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Glork »

Whoops, I misread that, Devotress.

Sorry, I'm dumb.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Glork »

Ok, reading/posting from m. Phone now because my ISP is balls. But yas, Iece, I'm done.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Devo, do you think I'm mafiascum, SKscum, or any of the above?

For what it's worth, I was well aware that Ultros uses Blind when you fight him. You can be pretty sure of that because my N0 post includes some quotes from the Ultros fight. Consequently, I wouldn't have used Blind having claimed Ultros unless I were forced to (i.e. must use Blind to perform your kill, or something similar), in which case I wouldn't have claimed Ultros, anyway. [/WIFOM]
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Devotress »

Iecerint wrote:Devo, do you think I'm mafiascum, SKscum, or any of the above?
It'd have to be mafia. I don't see why a Serial Killer would benefit from claiming death miller.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Antifinity »

Sorry I haven't been posting, my computer had a weird glitch where my page would seem to refresh but didn't.

Now that I'm here, I've got to wonder what other elements are in play. If Lightning trumps Water, then does Water beat something? And can something beat Lightning? I'd love some clarification from someone who is Lightning, Water, or any other element.

Two quick notes on the flavor.
While I didn't see Ivalice on the list of worlds, have "mysterious black gook" shot in your face is the generic animation for being hit by the Oil spell in Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, so that may be relevant.

Also
bill1148 wrote:
Zodiark13 wrote:Ramuh,
Quetzalcoatl,
Ixion,
Adrammelech,
Odin(from FF13),
Lightning,
Larxene,
As far as I'm aware XIII's world is not in this game (as Pulse & Cocoon are not mentioned in the OP). So cross Odin off the list.
Lightning is in XIII, but Odin has appeared as far back as Final Fantasy III. That is an easy enough mistake to make and I can't see any suspicious motive for it, but just to clear things up.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by Antifinity »

Devotress wrote:
It'd have to be mafia. I don't see why a Serial Killer would benefit from claiming death miller.
The Town would be afraid to kill him until later, for fear of getting the wrong information, and The Mafia wouldn't want to kill him, as he will likely draw off at least one investigation or even a lynch. This could put him in a safer position than he would otherwise be in, especially if he is in some way required to give himself away (shooting ink every night, for example)

I'm not saying he is a Serial Killer or any other unaligned faction, in fact, I believe his Miller claim is plausible, though the part about him having to die after at least one scum is dead seems suspect.

Lastly, is there anyone who has been prodded and allowed to not post? They may be under the effect of Silence/Mute, and we should be on the lookout for other status effects. Oil would increase vulnerability to Fire, Poison may have a delayed kill effect (Cure, anyone?), Confusion would result in a self-vote/self-NK, umm... I guess berserk might have some effect too. If any others turn up, I'll dig up a list of all the status effects. I don't think Buffs are too likely though, unless Shell/Clear to block status effects, or maybe Haste to give doublevotes?
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Glork wrote:Okay, the point I'm trying to get at is this.

If you think he is scum, it shouldn't matter when we lynch him.
If you don't think he is scum, then you shouldn't want him dead at any point.

There are NO grounds for "let's wait a day" or "let's wait until a scum flips" or anything like that. If you are confident enough to want to lynch him on D2 or D3 or whatever, then you should be confident enough to want him lynched NOW.

Devotress wrote:Frankly, the idea of someone who can make someone not have a vote and put us in lylo sooner is very scary and I do want to lynch him, but I'd still rather here the full description of what blind does. It could be something confirmable for all we know..
That doesn't answer my question.

Do you believe Iece is protown?

There MIGHT be an advantage in waiting 1 day. (Assuming we lynch scum today as well.) In case we lynch a death miller today and shows up as scum, we have no information based on who voted for who today. If Iece would be lynch tomorrow (and in case we do lynch scum today), we can either see who jumped on the bandwagon today for a relative easy misslynch or see who protected scum today. That won't be possible if he dies today.

About Iece's role. I think it would be fair to ask him to at least come up with other similar characters that could "blind" as well. And from what I've heard about Ultros so far, I have a hard time to believe that he is vanilla, although I've also never heard about a death miller with other abilities as well.

unvote

I want to hear more before we hammer someone.
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Antifinity wrote: Now that I'm here, I've got to wonder what other elements are in play. If Lightning trumps Water, then does Water beat something? And can something beat Lightning? I'd love some clarification from someone who is Lightning, Water, or any other element.
Maybe Water>Fire? After all, we have a claimed Ifrit.

--

I think we should wait a day or two (until we hit scum).

Therefore
Unvote
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:46 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

My point is, the votes on Dram were simply "He's lightning based, there was a lightning attack, get 'im!" Ignoring everything else.

The Ultros information however seems a bit stronger, the SK thing is a possibility, the blind status is there too, and the character itself is one that could be thought of either wa(Good or bad... or even SK). Whereas Ramuh is obviously on the right side of the coin in the games, and thus likely to be here as well.

As for the discussion of what is strong against other magic, I've just dug up this handy list:

Element Strong Against
Fire Ice
Ice Wind
Wind Earth
Earth Thunder
Thunder Water
Water Fire
Dark Light
Light Dark

Not entirely sure if we're following that rigidly (This is also nabbed from a FFXI section, just in case other games had it in different ways (as it's possible a character from 4 would be strong against whatever it's strong of in that game, than what it would be strong against in 11).

Also @Antifinity, Odin was present as far back as that, but I don't think he always used the same elements. As in FFVII it's just a straight "insta-death" and in FFVIII it's slicing them in half before the battle begins, but then it's only random, so I don't think Odin's worth considering in regards to lightning based attacks anyway.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Iecerint »

Antifinity wrote:I'm not saying he is a Serial Killer or any other unaligned faction, in fact, I believe his Miller claim is plausible, though the part about him having to die after at least one scum is dead seems suspect.
To clarify, it's that scum flipping removes the "Death Miller" part of my role. In other words, real scum flipping will keep me from being seen as scum given my flip.

Possibly analogous to Kefka just being comic relief when Ultros is introduced, and the Goddesses not even having been introduced yet.

I agree that it's atypical. That's why I had to ask the Mod for clarification on the specifics of the role before I posted in the Night thread. I've only played one game with Death Millers, where they were prohibited from claiming until D2.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:31 am

Post by dramonic »

Well, in ff10 fire was weak to ice which was weak to fire
Same for water and thunder
That's not my case however
Also, Odin wasn't thundered before ff13
And lightning is not thunder aligned <<
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Iecerint »

^ She was. She learns Thunder Ravager abilities sooner.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:32 am

Post by dramonic »

So?
Everyone end up with thunder and etc anyways.
AND by the time she can cast giant lightning tornadoes of doom the other would have the spells too :P
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Iecerint »

That's like saying that Lulu isn't really a black mage because everyone can learn her abilities.

I wouldn't expect Lightning to have electrocution flavor anyway, though.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Devotress »

Everyone doesn't learn everything actually. I'm pretty sure vanille only get's the Ga level spell of Blizzard, Fire, and maybe aero. It's why vanille's no where near as good as Hope as a raveger even though she has almost as much magic.
(I agree Light' doesn't count as electric element though. If her name wasn't lightning I don't think people would really consider it.)
[/nerd]
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:47 am

Post by dramonic »

dont spoil anything for me XD
I'm a hoot
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Iecerint »

Devotress wrote:
So, do you think I'm lying about checking innocent to sane Cops, or do you think I'm Ultros: Godfather Mafia Octopus?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Devotress »

Iecerint wrote:
Devotress wrote:
So, do you think I'm lying about checking innocent to sane Cops, or do you think I'm Ultros: Godfather Mafia Octopus?
I smiled at "godfather mafia octopus".
"
Blinding Godfather Mafia Octopus
" to complete the role name though. :)

To be honest I didn't think about that part. I'm relatively certain Ultros wouldn't be a godfather. (especially since I think you're the inker, usually godfather doesn't have another power to my knowledge.)
Could be you were just gambiting on hoping people wouldn't investigate you.

I still feel like you are the best canditate for being the one who blinded glork and that that works against you for now. The main way I can see you not being the blinder is if Glork was lying about the flavour of his blind, but I haven't gotten any scum vibes from glork.

Generic death miller question. Has anyone ever used Death Millers in a two mafia game? How is there reveal usually handled if so?
I'm kind of wondering if the existance of a death miller in itself would confirm there being only one mafia faction.

@people who unvoted icerint/haven't voted yet.
Apply your pressure somewhere. Prana's suspicious for hoping onto the icerint wagon based off of a flavour claim by glork even though prana previously thought glork was the scummiest person in game. So prana wagon is good, but I'd like some attention/pressure on Zodiark right now personally, all his posting is off.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Glork »

Antifinity wrote:Two quick notes on the flavor.
While I didn't see Ivalice on the list of worlds, have "mysterious black gook" shot in your face is the generic animation for being hit by the Oil spell in Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, so that may be relevant.
While I appreciate that you're thinking through this, the PM I recieved very clearly indicated that the black goop was the cause of my blindness. I don't suspect any underhanded modding here.

Devotress wrote:Generic death miller question. Has anyone ever used Death Millers in a two mafia game? How is there reveal usually handled if so?
I'm kind of wondering if the existance of a death miller in itself would confirm there being only one mafia faction.
No idea, honestly. But it actually brings up something else I never thought about.

I've
NEVER
seen a Death Miller outside of an advertised Bastard game. And now that I think on it, I'm pretty sure sitewide meta relegates the role to "Bastard" status. This was not advertised as a Bastard game as far as I can tell. Can anybody point out non-bastard games (preferrably within the last 6-8 months or so) which included Death Millers?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”