indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:24 pm

Post by indentureddjinn »

My role is the paranoid gun-nut. At night I can choose to hole up in my house. If I do, I have a 50% chance of hitting the first person who walks by. So far, I have missed twice.
"na hanyate hanyamane sarire"
-Chapter 2, verse 20 Bhagavada Gita
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2469/irvington9zs.jpg
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:27 pm

Dourgrim is right, maybe I should do something. Therefore
Vote:Dourgrim
for attacking me and other reasons.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:54 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Do you bother to read the thread before you post, ID? Did you not notice Foolster's comment about not lynching someone until we've got more information? And yet you go ahead and foolishly throw a vote out there... whether it's me or someone else is irrelevant. Now I'm willing to entertain the possibility that you're a new player and therefore haven't thought things through, which is why, in spite of my "attacks" on you, I have
not
voted for you yet, and why I'm going to try one last time to bring your attention to the points I've raised.

OK, one more time, nice and slow:
we don't lynch anyone (or vote for anyone) until we've decided what to do with the information we have.
As you yourself said before, we absolutely
must
lynch scum tonight or it's game over (one of the few things you've said that I agree with). So why are you completely ignoring the theory and subsequent question I put forth and instead whining about me attacking you? If you truly are interested in helping the Town win, then start acting like it and
discuss
instead of voting.

Also, for the record, using the phrase "and other reasons" to back up a vote without bothering to tell anyone what those reasons are is irresponsible. If you truly believe that I'm scum, then tell the Town why you think that so they can evaluate it and make a decision.

To the rest of the Town regarding ID's roleclaim: do you buy it? I'm not so sure. The ongoing debate about the place of random roles in Mafia is well-documented on mafiascum, and generally it is not a highly-regarded idea. Furthermore, any role that randomly kills is, to be honest, a role I would absolutely
never
utilize if I were pro-Town, and yet ID has attempted to use it twice. This seems to me to be a bogus claim used to cover up another player's possible knowledge that ID kills (via a Gunsmith or P.I. role of some sort). Thoughts?

And, on a completely unrelated note,
:x : Dice
for saying he's going to read the thread and then not bothering to post anything again, and
:x : all the lurkers
for causing this game to bog down like this.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:09 pm

Unvote:Dourgrim

I'll wait
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:25 pm

Post by discer »

Darkblade, can you give us a final vote count in order of votes cast? :wink:

I'm not going to be too quick to discount any roleclaims at this point since I originaly thought Viqles roleclaim was too creative for a normal mini game. We don't KNOW that Viqles role worked the way he said it did but we do know that his role WAS what he said it was. I think it's fairly obvious our bad guys were voting for Viqles and I doubt any of them have claimed roles yet. Why would they invite unwanted attention? (shrugs) I have a small feeling that bad guys
might
be droping the "lurkers" card in hopes of getting the town to look in the wrong direction. I'm too tired to cross check those players with votes for Viqles right now. Anyone?
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:24 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Actually, I'm leaning twords beleiving ID. Dour, you obvously didn't even bother to read his claim. He said he "holes up in his house." (See polarboy's role in texas mafia) so he must have tried to shoot at people who tried invstigating him (Not targeting "random people") as you said. If he's telling the truth then two people attemped to do something (Like kill him, or investigate him) and he scared them off (Though he missed them so they didn't die.). However, I agree it is irresponsible to use this abillity *if the town might investigate you* because it does more harn than good. It looks like you were problibly LUCKY you missed at leased once (Unless it was scum both times), So this opens the question. Did someone try to investigate ID and get "no result", or were told they were scared off? This could clear ID's name.
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:26 am

Post by Foolster41 »

I was just thinking, and wanted to note the phrase "walks by" bothers me. He didn't say "targets me." Maybe he's a psycopath, and his targets are randomly chosen by the mod as they go about their business? What do you all think?
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:47 pm

Hold on people, I misread my PM. It is not "walks by", it is "comes to". I have to read my PMs next time before I roleclaim
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:22 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Foolster41 wrote:I was just thinking, and wanted to note the phrase "walks by" bothers me. He didn't say "targets me." Maybe he's a psycopath, and his targets are randomly chosen by the mod as they go about their business? What do you all think?
Um, yeah, this is where I got the "randomly" thing that bothered you so much and caused you to say I didn't read his claim. Note that now he's changing his claim after this has been pointed out. Still believe him?
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:17 am

Dour, if you want to lose, go ahead and lynch me. You'll see that I'm just a townie.
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:04 pm

Post by KingPin »

Okay, a few things to note.
I was wrong on day one with the roleclaim that was made. I do not however, believe this. My instinct is getting caught between ID and Discer.
ID's claim is that he is a gun nut, and he can choose to "hole up" in his house or..... What is his choice if he does not "hole up" in his house? And what exactly is a gun nut? Is he like a one man militia? Is he a vigi? No he says he gets to shoot at persons who "comes to"... what? again he is leaving information out that might be able to substantiate his claim. Is his role believable? I would say 60% believable. But my doubts have already been raised, and stated.

Discer lurks for a LONG while before showing back up and then claiming that those who are "playing the lurkers" card are probably the evil ones! In my experience a good strategy to get persons to "look the other way" would be to do exactly what you have done when caught.

Just some observations....
Dice
Dice
Townie
Dice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:41 pm

Post by Dice »

I am sorry. I should've posted before.
indentureddjinn wrote:Right now our chances are 3/7 or 43% of winning
Could you please do the math for me? I seem to get worse at it.

About what I think about ID's roleclaim. I don't believe a word he's saying. Telling us he shoots at people that "walk by" then changing it to "comes to" and then saying he's "just a townie". I wouldn't call such a role "just a townie".

Second thing about it is that he actually is using it. So he has a 50/50 chance of killing an attacker coming to his house. It also means he has a 50/50 chance of killing a doc or cop coming to his house. I would never use such a role.

He also said "So far, I have missed twice". I don't think it would be a role where the mod would actually send a message back that that he did or did not kill someone. ID if you know you missed twice that would mean two people (or one person twice) have come to your house so far. If you know you missed than you also know who you missed at.

All in all I don't believe a word you are saying.

vote: Mr. Djinn
"RoadBird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- quercitron in Focused Mafia
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:56 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Yeah, that was pretty much my thought as well. His story keeps changing...

vote: ID
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:57 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Ahhh, hell, forgot to preview. I also am going to come forward with my information now, in case one of the scum thinks I'm dangerous or something. I have evidence that says discer is innocent. I have not confirmed this evidence yet, however, so take it for what you will.
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:32 pm

I'm paraphrasing my PM completely correct. It is walking by, and there is no other description except for the shooting. And, I can tell when I missed or not because in the kill descriptions it would have said "gunned down" or "shot", and since Mafia kills (al least here) are stated as mafia kills, I would know whether or not it was the mafia who killed them. Also, in the PM where I was confirmed replacement, it said something about my prior night time doings. Dour, you wanted to discuss. And you didn't do much discussing. I don't believe his discer claim is valid, seeing as this is paranoid mafia.

Reasons to vote for Dour
1) If he is an inspector, depending on the circumstances he would either get all scum or all town.
2) He seems to come to the aid of lurkers which usually isn't advised
3) Attacks me over things that were preciously said

I have to
Vote: Dourgrim

Changing your minds will be difficult, but if you really want to lynch me and lose, then go ahead
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:34 pm

Sorry, double post. If I don't hole up, I'm basically a normal vanilla townie
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:15 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

Hmm, This guy can't seem to make up his mind. "Walks by" or "Walks to"?I'm sorry But I am thourougly convinced this guys is scum of some sort.

By the way, Dice. I WOULD use the role. Only, I would make sure the town would investigate me first (sound supiscous enough to investigate, not to lynch) and then anounce a really powerfull role But obvously not my real role, since it woiuld nullify it) and wait on my porch for mafia. This is the strategy Polarboy told me he took in Texas mafia when he was the same role. But the way ID's describing it, either he's lying because he's scum, taking a random role he saw from another game/making it up. or he's just what he says he is, and maybe following some simular strategy but doing it all wrong. (Skiping the first part, blabbing role making it useless). I guess these could be newbie mistakes, but if he's scum then he's gotta die or else we loose, sorry ID Them's the breaks.
I'll give you one more chance to say something to defend yourself, ID but I doubt you're going to be able to convince me.
Dice
Dice
Townie
Dice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:31 pm

Post by Dice »

So now it's "walks by" again? So you randomly shoot at people, ID? I also don't understand where we are so definate to lose if we lynch you. I think your scum.

You also didn't do the math I asked for. Why?
"RoadBird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- quercitron in Focused Mafia
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:31 am

Post by KingPin »

Okay then, with this role claim we now have three attempts at killing at night. That means that the doc's and cop's have a huge chance of being killed everynight. That is way too much killing at night in such a small game. Mafia, SK and now ID. I do not know what is his scum orientation, but I think that he is scum.

Vote: ID
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:01 am

Post by Thoth »

vote:ID
Die scum, die.

I cannot believe this role exist in a mini with 2 killing groups. Should you randomly kill a good role night 1 it is already lynch or die time during day 1.
Next to that I had both mikehart and ID high on my 'scum-ranking'. An unlikely role is enough to push me( or better ID) over the edge.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:37 am

Post by Dourgrim »

... and if ID comes up scum (which I think is very likely) I think we should look to Foolster next: he was "leaning towards believing" ID over me a few posts up, and then tried to "fix" ID's roleclaim in the same post by suggesting "comes to" instead of "walks by". ID
immediately
changed his story
after
Foolster had posted. Then, after Dice and I had voted for ID, Foolster comes out and claims that he's "convinced" of ID's scumminess but refuses to vote, even though it would have only been the third out of four votes. This all looks to me like a baddie trying to help out his outed buddy... what do you think?

HUGE FoS: Foolster41
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:51 am

Post by discer »

Our Mod hasn't posted anywhere since Sept. 29th so he may be MIA. Anyways I answered my own question:

Final Vote Count
(for Viqles in order of votes cast)
Thoth, Dourgrim, Kingpin, Maverick, Indentured and CoolBot

Obviously we can take CoolBot and Maverick off the FOS list. I'm most suspicious of Dourgrim, Kingpin and ID at this point but before I go on I want to go back and read the thread again because I think someone edited a post between my re-reads.

Town: I agree that we have two killing groups so it's going to be somewhat confusing for us since bad guys will be attacking bad guys. Keep that in mind. Also, someone suggested that the mafia would have to kill the sk tonight and vice versa. My problem with that is that they don't know who the "other" bad guys are and are just as likely to hit a townie.

Current Vote Count
4 to lynch
Indentured (3): Dice, Dourgrim, Kingpin
Dourgrim (1): Indentured
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:21 am

Post by Darkblade »

Actually, after Thoth's vote, ID is dead, with Dice, Dourgrim, Kingpin, and Thoth on the bandwagon.

THe town is frightened by the number dead. Almost half of the town vanquished in only two nights. An eerie silence permedes through the town square. ID breaks the silence, but only to comment on the town's peril. "Look at us all!", he stampers, "We known that if we lynch an innocent today, we're doomed! It's do or die, but we're acting like cowards!" The town then devolves into squables, but noone dares outright accusing someone until ID again beligerently bellows, "Discer! Why have you been silent during these times of peril! Men and women of Salisbery, let us lynch this silent one!" This time, however, another man rises to take the floor.

"Throughout my time here, I've never had anything to add", Dourgrim declares, "But now, I am compelled to finally rise up. ID, ye' be spewing falsehood about lynching quiet folk."

"Dourgrim, you hack, maybe you're right and it isn't the silent one's who are killing us. IT'S YOU! Fellow members of the town, I am merely a man infatuated with guns. And for the last two nights, I've been ready to shoot anybody who comes by", ID rebuts.

"But wait," comes a voice from the crowd "you shoot random people?"

"No! I mean, did I say 'come by'? I meant, walks to. I only fire at people infringing on my property!"

"But what about cops and doctors that could have targeted you?!"

"Uhhhh...."

"LYNCH HIM!!!"

ID is promptly hung. Afterwards, the town checks his household to find a massive gun rack loaded with shotguns. On the desk, they find his journal and read the latest entry:

"Those Government bastards! They have all but eroded the 2nd amendment rights to keep and bear arms. The UN readies its troops to storm the United States to establish a One World Government that will send Christain, God-fearing Americans to death camps to be
slaughtered
like pigs! How can I fight the tanks that will come to my house if I can't buy a bazooka?! Our nation has been sabotaged from the inside by Bill Clinton and his slimy liberal conspiracy, and Bush has arrived too late to stop the UN carnage! Our future lies with us Americans to arm up to the teeth!

Oh, and there's Mafia in our town now. Stupid outside agitators. They deserve to die."

The town, quivering and twitching with fear, warily climb into their beds, awaiting the next day. If the next day ever arrives for the hapless town...

ID, Paranoid Gun Nut, is lynched

Every night he could choose to hole up in his house, and have a 50% chance of killing the first person to come to his house (ie target him).

It is now night, get night choices in.

Story coming later today
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:03 am

Post by KingPin »

BUMP!!!

Is this going to finality? or shall we just wait and see?
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:58 am

Post by Thoth »

*prods mod*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”