Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:22 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I would think that you would be more active in the game if you obtain drastically changing information each night. *Sigh*
unvote Gaspode

-DS
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:32 pm

Post by modargo »

Come
on
. If you have information that can "drastically change the progress of the game", at least be active. You have to have whatever information it is by now, so do something with it. I don't know about everybody else, but I'm just waiting for you to say whatever it is you have to say so that we can get on with determining if Thoth is telling the truth or not, and if he was successful.

If this game continues to not go anywhere, I'm going to ask Thoth to just say who he targeted, and then get on with other plans.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:35 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I agree. He's always apologizing for not posting much. He mentions it in almost every one I see on this site lately. It's been happening for a while, too. No offense, but if you ask the town a question about what to do with you info, at least be active enough to find out what happened.

-DS
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:27 pm

Post by Thoth »

It looks like we're all waiting for Gaspode here. Could you maybe prod him Someone? As he's going to present 'gamebreaking info' its difficult to just ignore him.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:52 am

Post by Gaspode »

Sorry, I'm not presenting "gamebreaking" info. I did, however, indirectly receive Electra's night one investigation and result (it was innocent).

More posts to come soon, sorry about being so quiet.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:13 pm

Post by Thoth »

Aaaaargh
*kicks the dirty dog*
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:38 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Wait! After further thought, this info could help win the game. If we have two killers left, I know who they are. If we only have one left, and Thoth turned either DS or modargo last night, we also win. Did you choose either of them last night, Thoth?
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:40 pm

Post by modargo »

:roll:

Since this seems to be going nowhere, it's about time that I posted my plan. At this point, I believe that we have enough information to craft a plan that will be sure to win the game for the town. And it goes something like this.

Given that this is based off of Harry Potter, I suspect that we have all three of the main characters in this game. Hermione has already roleclaimed, which leaves Ron and Harry. Now, think about it -- we
know
that those roles have to be in the game, and if they all come forward, the number of people left who could be killers will be three. And then, if just one of those people can be eliminated from suspicion in any way, there will be two suspects left... with two days to lynch.

With that said, I am Ron. I won't reveal my ability just yet, but I'll say it might end up being helpful. Trust me here :D.

Now, I'd like Harry to come forward. That's either Phoebus, Dragon Slayer, or Gaspode.

In the meantime, Gaspode should post who Electra got night one as innocent. And Thoth should say who he used his ability on... but after Gaspode says who the innocent is. Because frankly, I don't trust Gaspode one bit.

So, let's see some action here. And if you aren't Harry, why not help out and say so?
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:36 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I am Harry. Phoebus was found innocent by Electra. That means DS is scum.
vote: DS

Anyway, here's my role: At the beginning of the game, I had the Sorcerer's Stone, which would protect its bearer. Night 1, I chose who to give the stone to--Electra. On each of the following nights, whoever had the stone chose who to give it to next, and I'd find out who that person was. Electra gave it to Phoebus. I know Electra is an intelligent player, so I think we can safely assume she gave the Stone to the one person she knew was innocent. Since she gave it to Phoebus, we now know that he's innocent.

Unless modargo's lying, that leaves only DS. Plus, he seemed pretty eager to point out easy-lynch points such as my silence, and some other stuff he said hasn't made much sense.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:18 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Well, I can't argue with that logic. Or wait- I can!

I am Colin Creavy. Each night I take a photograph of someone which hints towards who they are. I can only guess that this is because Colin isn't much of a photographer, otherwise you'd think it would be quite easy to see who it was. Anyway...

If you all would like to know I investigated vIQleS night 1 and UT night 2. When I took a picture of vIQleS, I found a slightly chubby kid that seemed a bit clumsy in his stance. I figured it was either Neville or Crabb or Goyle. I wasn't sure though so I didn't go out and vote him right away. Once he said some things a bit more suspicious, I put my vote on him. However, he came out with a defense and found it ligit, I unvoted. Night 2, I took a picture of UT. I was told that I could hardly see the person there amoung all the books. I figured he was Hermione.
That's about all I can do for you guys.

-DS
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:12 pm

Post by modargo »

As a general thing, if anyone thinks that my idea of the three main characters (Harry-Ron-Hermione) having to be in the game is somehow faulty, please say so.

Second, Dragon Slayer, if you aren't scum, who do you think is? Frankly, I find you by far the most likely scum. You claim a role of about the same importance of the one claimed by Kerplunk yesterday, especially when compared to the rest of the roles claimed or revealed.

And now, I just checked the books, because I have them lying around and something seemed out of place. The name is Colin
Creevy
. Two e's. No a.
FoS: Dragon Slayer
, and that's pretty sure to turn into a vote. I just want to get more information before this day is over.

I'd like Thoth to say who he used his ability on.

I'd also like for Phoebus to roleclaim, as he is the only one who hasn't now.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:12 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Well,
With Gaspode's info I guess I can substantiate his claim too.
I did receive the Philosopher's Stone. [Btw, the pm mentioned it as Philosopher's and not Sorceror's. I guess it's the whole British/American edition thing?!] I don't know who it came from and I'm supposed to pass it off again to someone. It does grant a one night immunity.

I am Moaning Myrtle, an eavesdropper. I can decide to sit in the U-bend of a pipe in anyone's dorm or office at night. I will be able to hear snippets of conversation or what the occupant of the room might be saying to themselves. Once during the game I also have the option of leaving the castle's plumbing and going out into the lake to guard against night kill.

DS' claim sounds absurd to me as well. Supported by the fact that UT has claimed Hermione and vIQleS is known now to be Neville, I don't fancy it at all.

Vote:DS
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:40 am

Post by Thoth »

I targeted Gaspode last night.
It really starts looking like DS and Phoebus are the last 2 scum. One the SK and one the remaining Mafia member. They both claim very minor roles when all other roles are major characters in the series. My guess would be DS the remaining Mafia and Phoebus a SK.
I'm willing to lynch either one at the moment, probably DS as he's got more votes than others. I'll wait until tomorrow to cast my vote though both to give everyone a chance to say something and because I'm a bit short on time right now (and have several games to post in) and want to read through the thread one more time to make sure we're not missing something
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:51 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

DS's role makes for way too many cops, anyway. I find him the hardest to believe of anyone else.
vote DS
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:27 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

The name is Colin Creevy.
That's how I thought it was spelled, too. I'm not going to question the mod though. And if you think things like these don't happen, go look at Monty Python mafia. Roger the Shrubber/Shrubbist. They got it wrong, too. It's not my fault. I honestly didn't know if it was spelled correctly. When I saw your post I did a google search and it came up as Colin Creavy. Maybe that's what happened to Someone, too.
Second, Dragon Slayer, if you aren't scum, who do you think is? Frankly, I find you by far the most likely scum.
I don't know. If you think about it I think that it doesn't all make sense to have Dumbledore, Ron, Hermione, and Harry all in the game. They're all basically indisputable roles. Think about it. Once people claim them- no one will question them because everyone's so sure they're in the game. If they are then how couldn't the town win. It just doesn't make sense to have them all here. That's 4 roles that are undisputable because if the person was lying, surely the REAL Harry or Hermione would come out. But what if they're not all in this game. It makes sense. I'm just trying to think logically here. I don't reay know what else to do at this point. It seems I'm going to get lynched so all I want to really say is CONSIDER that maybe those 4 major roles are not inteh gmae (SOME, not all). Someone's got to be lying. I know you all think one is me. But how does this make sense. There were two kills last night, right? a mafia and SK? Well that means there's two baddies left. I think Phoebus is the SK.
You claim a role of about the same importance of the one claimed by Kerplunk yesterday, especially when compared to the rest of the roles claimed or revealed.
And Phoebus claimed Moaning Myrtle? Uh HELLO! How is
that
anymore important then my role. And that's
another
sort of investigative role. The first mini game I ever played in had all the townies as some sort of small investigative role, like grocery person, or shop owner, etc. IMO, Phoebus has been much more suspicious then me in this game. Therefore he gets my vote, if it really stil counts for anything.
Vote Phoebus.

I also want to ask all of you to think about who's left and who are the killers.
As a general thing, if anyone thinks that my idea of the three main characters (Harry-Ron-Hermione) having to be in the game is somehow faulty, please say so.
Just to reiterate. I DO!!! It wouldn't make sense. That would make 4 roles at least that no one will go against (counting Dumbledore, I mean).
Don't back yourselves into a corner guys. Fast lynches arn't always good for the town. Just think about all this and how the game could be made fairly if these 4 roles were in for sure. It doen't make sense. Good luck figuring it out tomorrow cause I think you're all thinking too simply about all this...

-DS
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:28 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Sorry, it wasn't bolded above.
Vote Phoebus

-DS
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:25 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

You do realize that you basically just claimed my role, right?
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:45 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Uh-no. I am Colin Creevy (or Creavy as it says in my PM). I take pictures of people and get a description of them. You get a description of their personality. Mine is physical. Don't blame me if the mod made two similar role abilities.

-DS
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:47 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I investigated Gaspode night 1. I found that he has "great power". That can only mean that he is Harry, since there is no Voldemort in this game.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:35 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Actually, I'm starting to believe DS.

I'd like to know Ron (mordargo)'s ability, he's the only person who claimed who hasn't given a description yet.
Dumbledore actually has the least believable role that has been claimed, now that I think about it. With all of the other roles, his is just absurdly powerful.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:36 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

oh, and I forgot
unvote Dragon Slayer
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:43 pm

Post by modargo »

:( :( :(

For a second, I thought I had this game figured out. Then UT kept talking.
In his original roleclaim, Untrod Tripod wrote:I am Hermione Granger. Each night, I investigate one person and get a piece of information about them. Night One, I investigated Qualman, I got that he's very famous. Night Two, I investigated Thoth. I got that Thoth is a "great leader" so he's either Dumbledore or Voldemort, more likely Dumbledore.
Untrod Tripod wrote:I investigated Gaspode night 1. I found that he has "great power". That can only mean that he is Harry, since there is no Voldemort in this game.
So, you've claimed two different investigations for night 1. I don't even know what to say.

As I said, I'm Ron. I have the ability to protect, investigate, or kill someone one per game. I get to do it during the day. And no, I don't have any idea how protecting someone during the day would work. Since I've revealed it, I plan to use my ability before this day is over. However, people with night kill immunity also have immunity to my day kill ability. So, I think I'm going to have to resort to investigating someone. No clue who, though.

On the other hand, I'm very tempted to kill someone who is likely scum and has not claimed legitimate night protection, i.e. Dragon Slayer.

But first, I'd like UT to explain how he claims to have investigated two people night 1 :(.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:05 am

Post by Thoth »

Aaargh, the game looked so clear until modargo pointed out that inconsistency in UT's posts. I would like to hear what UT has to say about that. I'm still buying his claim for now as he was the first one to claim a big role and I still find it likely that the main characters are in the game. I don't think it would unbalance the game too much as the original setup looked a bit harsh on the town to me. 3Mafia, 1 SK and 1 obligatory Vigilante. Eventhough the last one is pro-town his results are not necessarily pro-town. Next to that with so many killing roles it's a bit unlikely that all main characters survive until day, but not impossible as we've seen.

I would also like to know from Phoebus whether he actually heard something during his eavesdropping.

For now I'm going to
vote:DS
. His claim just seems too unlikely to me.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:39 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I had actually deleted my night one investigation and I was just saying that for filler :oops:

I asked the mod if I could have my night 1 investigation back, so I volunteered that information.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:58 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Long Post alert- please read it all

At least my investigations were consistant. You stil find me more suspicious. Making up an investigation is inexcusable.
FOS UT
I have the ability to protect, investigate, or kill someone one per game.

If this is true then I'd be in shock. That is pretty powerful, mainly being as you can do it day time. And please don't kill me and certainly don't lynch me yet. There's more discussion yet to come and I'd rather have everyone agree with me or against me with good reason rather than just get knocked off.

Another thing. As far as my role goes, there's not much else I can say. All I'm trying to do now is GET YOU ALL TO JUST LOOK AT THE ROLES. It doesn't make sense to have 4 undisputable roles in the game. It's practically handing the town a win. Now, I'm definetly not saying a town win is bad, obviously (so don't even think of using the previous sentence against me). I'm trying to save the town from going through another night of two kills. This would definetly put the town at the lower end for a win.

Please realize that someone, probably Phoebus or UT is playing us. I can't see in any way how the game could NOT come out with a town win in a situation of 4 undisputable roles. I expect the mod would notice this and, therefore, not put all 4 roles (Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Dumbledore) in the game.

Phoebus, UT, and modargo are looking more and more suspicious as they post. I mean, the only thing you guys are voting me for is because you think its the only logical thing left. But wait. It's not. Look at the other claims. They arn'y any better than mine, and UT screwed up by lying to us. The reasons the rest of you are suspicious of UT, Phoebus, and modargo is because of what they said in accordance to their claims, behaviors, etc. For me however, you all went with the logic post made a while ago and completely ignored my decent and reasonable logic.

I havn't done anything suspicious worthy of bringing out (because everyone does things that can be seen as suspicious all the time) meanwhile other people HAVE done suspicious things (UT, phoebus' claim [which I'll talk about later]).

The town is banking on the 4 major role claims rather than thinking this though. Re-read this post if you wish. But PLEASE think about the logic in this game and how ridiculous having Dumbledore, Hermione, Harry AND Ron in the game would be ludacris.

My vote stands on Phoebus for the reaons that his roleclaim is a complete copy of mine AND Hermione's. I know this makes me look like a hippocrite but hey. Three roles with similar abilities? It sounds like he fabricated the entire thing. I suggest he comes out with his results.
FOS modargo
because he seemed eager to jump on me after I misspelled Colin Creevy. My role says Colin Creavy, so that's what I wrote.

IMO, either UT or modargo (Hermione and Ron) are one of the roles not in the game. I believe Thoths claim, and it's not that Hermione's claim doesn't make sense, it's just I think it's her or Ron that's not in the game. Modargo's role of Ron is the one I don't believe is in the game. I really don't see why he would really have those three powers. Maybe investigation and protection because he seemed to pull through in the books in defferent ways when necc BUT why would he kill? I just don't know.

I'm banking on Phoebus definetly being scum (probably SK) and modargo as the other (mafia). Therefore
Confirm vote Phoebus
and
FOS modargo

-DS

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”