Mafia 16: Don't Be Stupid - Game over!

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:00 am

Post by willows_weep »

Stewie said
he was far from a lynch, so I don't see why you voted for him.
Explain that part please?
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:41 am

Post by Stewie »

willows_weep wrote:Stewie said
he was far from a lynch, so I don't see why you voted for him.
Explain that part please?
he was far from a lynch, so I don't see why you
didn't
vote for him

Small typo :oops:
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:34 am

Post by Tigris »

So far the mafia has consisted of Leo, UT, and Saigon and now it is down to one left, so anyone have a grudge against mathcam?

Good news, for the most part at least somewhat experienced players left, bad news same thing. The more experienced you get the more easy it is to fade into the background and thus almost need a cop investigation to find. My guess is that DP or myself die tonight, more likely DP though.

This is just personal preference, but please do not use that many ellipsis in one post willows. It hurts to even look at it. *sigh* I am half-afraid to say this, but I am not sure that willows is mafia. And even if he is, he will give himself away in the next 3 days, so perhaps we should put pressure elsewhere?

DP is very low on my suspicions list, perhaps because he and I have seemed to agree on things so far in this game (the willows thing being the notable exception). The humorous thing is the longer DP stays alive, the more suspicion will come on him for merely that fact; however, it also increases the chance that he will find the last mafia, I'm easily amused by irony at times. I'm not sure for whom to vote right now, but likely things will get minutely clearer after I re-read the thread again.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:01 pm

Post by rite »

--Vote Count--

Willows_Weep (2): DP, gslamm

Four to lynch, no deadline set

PUBLIC WARNING:

Willows_weep, make your posts clearer and easier to understand, or risk being mod-killed. I'd suggest looking over your posts two or three times after writing them, and deleting anything that doesn't need to be said.

Other than that, y'all have been playing a good game. I doubt that I'll have to exercise my mod-kill powers for the rest of the game.

Don't be stupid!
Spoon
Spoon
Townie
Spoon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:05 pm

Post by Spoon »

I have to admit that I too am not so sure willows_weep is scum either. He is acting weird, but not extremly scummy.

Oddly, this is the first time I got to the point where there is no one really suspicious left as a townie. Even wierder is that we are only on day two... :?

We have a lot experienced players left right now, and I'm afraid one of them is the last mafia remaining. I just have no idea which one of them... :(

No vote for now
Spoon?
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:09 pm

Post by gslamm »

Fresh:
willows_weep
EnPaceRequiescat
Spoon

Experienced:
Dragon Phoenix
Tigris
gslamm
Stewie

Spoon: I thought it was silly when Tigris said it. You didn't have to repeat him.
Fos:Spoon
~hoping this fulfills the mods requirement that stupid actions need not be punished if jumped on~

Earlier today Stewie, Spoon and Tigris all in their own ways said Willows was the most scummy.

I still think Mathcam would have got himself Mod killed had he been given the chance. Thinking that the experienced players would recognize this also leads me to believe the remaining mafia is more likely a fresh player.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:54 pm

Post by Tigris »

*shrug* Yeah, he is kinda suspicious, but willows is also likely to get himself mod-killed/slip up far more then the more experienced players.

As to mathcam getting mod-killed eventually, that would require him to post less then 3 times a day . . . right, or alternatively for him to say something incredibly stupid or inane . . . hmmmm, I'm beginning to see your point. :wink: j/k mathcam, I would never wish you harm in a game simply because you do liven them up considerably, which makes it more fun for me.

I admit that Mathcam is perhaps the most likely of the more experienced players to get mod-killed, so that may be an indicator that the final mafia is inexperienced; however, I stand by my point from yesterday (game time) that we should not lynch people that are likely to get mod-killed eventually because it is wasting a lynch.

Oh and why I tend to find willows less suspicious now, it has to do with posting style more then anything. I have never seen a mafia post something like what he posted, I HAVE however seen someone pro-town write something almost exactly like that before, so it goes to town/scum tendencies imo.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:47 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

unvote Willowsweep

I agree with Tigris - his recent posts simply do not smell of mafia. And if he is one, he deserves a compliment for that.

I need to re-read the thread.
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:28 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

I don't really believe the experience based on mathcam's death theory thingy. First of all, rite posted that mathcam was on the verge of being stupid. And we also have the "save the stupid person from getting mod-killed" method if we jum on them. All this, I believe, can be manipulated by the mafia member.

Ahhh! this is confusing me. I'm going to reread too.
freak with short term memory
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:27 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I have reread the thread. No clear insights, but plenty of gut feelings.

Note that scum Leonidas had made
six
Leo wrote:vote: Spoon - 'cause there is no spoon... (random)
Leo wrote:Sorry - late in this game too. Reading the thread.
Leo wrote:Thanks for unvoting me, No Idea.
vote: no Idea - everything that has been said so far.
Leo wrote:unvote: Spoon
Leo wrote:vote: Darkblade
Leo wrote:I know how tempting it is to refrain from posting in this game.
(It appears that stupidity is going to prevent us from ever reaching night 2 anyway).
The remaining scum might very well have interpreted that these posts were sufficient. This means that my initial reaction on the likely innocence of Tigris and Spoon is out of the window.

I can't exactly put my finger on it why, but gslamm's posts (and to a lesser extent Spoon) make me most inclined to think he's mafia.

Vote gslamm
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:30 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Make that five posts, as I screwed up the copy/paste and quote inserts. His last post was
vote: Darkblade

I know how tempting it is to refrain from posting in this game.
(It appears that stupidity is going to prevent us from ever reaching night 2 anyway).

However - Darkblade is really abusing the priviledge. And his name is still on the list of active players on page 1.
Instead of the two posts I made out of it. The point remains the same though.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:40 am

Post by gslamm »

Hunh? I'm rereading like everyone else.

UnVote: Willowsweep
for now, mostly cause I trust DP.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:46 am

Post by willows_weep »

Thankyou Rite, I will most definately do what you ask.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:59 am

Post by rite »

I'd just like to note how funny I find it that ever since the No Idea incident, every time I chastise someone, in the thread or PM, they manage to profoundly thank me for yelling at them :wink:
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:46 am

Heh. after rereading, gslamm does seem to be scummy.
gslamm wrote:Image
this was after saigon gave his long speech. I'm not sure what to make of this.

His early theories: (note that it contradicts his earlier beliefs)
gslamm wrote:Day one sucks. <=== and if that doesn't count as a usefull post I dont know what does.

Vote:Mathcam
cause it won't hurt the town if he gets lynched either way. By that I mean if he's scum Yay we got another one. If he's town he's gonna get himself mod killed anyways so we didn't lose an extra townie.

It's better than random which is all you can ask of a day one vote. at least in a game that rite's modding instead of playing.
gslamm wrote:Cam: Who would all those voting for you be? Mojo and tehgood by my count. Please keep up with the game bud. Unless your responding to my request for the remaining mafia to suicide...

I'm almost willing to re-vote you based on my previous argument that your gonna get mod killed anyways.
gslamm wrote:If your confused about that post, read it again in context. If I haven't expressed myself clear enough for you I'll try to rephrase it.

Cam was walking the thin line. Based on past games Cam is still likely to run afoul of our Mods grace.

You ask why I would vote someone the Mod is likely to kill? Haven't WE ALL been voting stupid people all day? My save Mathcam vote is only because I think it less likely he is scum. If it comes down to a tie between Cam and Mojo ...

Willows sucking up posts are kind of creepy but fall just short of a FOS IMO.
Then, all of a sudden, today, he says (note that it contradicts his earlier beliefs):
gslamm wrote:Fresh:
willows_weep
EnPaceRequiescat
Spoon

Experienced:
Dragon Phoenix
Tigris
gslamm
Stewie

Spoon: I thought it was silly when Tigris said it. You didn't have to repeat him.
Fos:Spoon
~hoping this fulfills the mods requirement that stupid actions need not be punished if jumped on~

Earlier today Stewie, Spoon and Tigris all in their own ways said Willows was the most scummy.

I still think Mathcam would have got himself Mod killed had he been given the chance. Thinking that the experienced players would recognize this also leads me to believe the remaining mafia is more likely a fresh player.
I find it kind of weird that he was going after mathcam because he (mathcam) was likey to get modkilled.

vote: gslamm
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:19 am

Post by gslamm »

Could you be a little more clear as to the contradiction?

If your saying my belief contradicts some other peoples belief, that we shouldn't vote stupid actions, then I'll give you that.

I said and still hold that Mathcam was mod fodder. I wouldn't have wasted a night kill on him.

I originally voted Mathcam since with nothing better to go on I think voting people acting stupid is the way to go. This probably saved him as the mod choose to take that as punishment enough.
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:20 am

sorry on my ambiguity. What I meant to say was that for a while you were trying to get mathcam killed, as he'd get mod killed anyway. Then you said. Then, your theory was that fresher people will tend to kill mathcam based ont he mathcam will get modkilled thing.
My hunch came more from something subliminal, a conclusion that I drew from your actions and theory.
This is mindboggling me. gotta rest.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:13 am

Post by gslamm »

The difference is obvious sorry if that perplexs you.

I wouldn't night kill him, in any game, since he's more likely than not to do something "entertaining" and get himself lynched, or in this game get mod killed. ~feel the love Cam, feel the love~

I am however willing to vote for him during the day. This is not intended solely to killing somebody. Especially day one! As evidence I unvoted when I realized he was most likely not scum.

No vote for now as I'm still re-reading and have nothing better to go on yet. It does strike me as scummy that you are trying to manufacture reasons to justify the bandwagon against me...
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:31 am

heh. sorry. You've convinced me
unvote: gslamm

it just seemed kinda weird. okeley doke.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:15 pm

Post by gslamm »

gslamm wrote:
Unvote:Mathcam
though it's still my prediction that he'll get himself mod killed before this is over. Actually I was just testing for a reaction.

As in all "plain" games I've been in, more info can be gained from watching alliances and defenses along with voting patterns than anything else. Bandwagons are the only form of pressure that can draw these out.

I'm more than willing to jump on or start a bandwagon, with the understanding that these are not aimed at lynching necessarily.

Waiting for a bandwagon to jump on
I thought since you went to all the trouble to quote so many of my posts I'd help you out and re-post this one.
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:59 pm

I know that. but later you were tempted to vote for mathcam again.

Again, you're off my list for now.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:42 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

unvote gslamm, vote Spoon

I'd like to see a bit more participation and a little more commitment from you than "no vote for now".
Spoon
Spoon
Townie
Spoon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:12 am

Post by Spoon »

My apologies for my 'no vote for now', but I have absolutely no idea who to vote for.

At the moment, gslamms 'I would never nightkill mathcam' seems bit weird to me, like he's trying to cover himself. However, I'm new to this site and have no idea how mathcam usually plays, so he might be absolutely right, which would mean that a newer player killed mathcam.

Since I didn't kill him, and I don't think willows_weep did, my current suspicion goes out to EnPaceRequiescat, and his posts seem to be a bit suspicious too, so for now I will
Vote EPR

Stewie seems to be posting somewhat little as well, but I don't know if he usually posts more.
Spoon?
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:39 am

Post by Stewie »

Oh, me not posting here has nothing to do with this game, I haven't been posting in mafiascum too much on the last 3 days.

Anyways, I really have no suspicions right now, other than WW, but nobody seems to think so too, so I guess that the whole town+1 mafia can't be wrong.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:54 pm

Post by rite »

EnPaceRequiescat wrote: And we also have the "save the stupid person from getting mod-killed" method if we jum on them.
EPR HAS BEEN STUPID.

Sorry I hadn't caught it before. A strategy such as this obviously undermines the spirit of the game, and my authority.

EPR is gone. He was a townie.

--Vote Count--

Spoon: DP

Four to lynch, no deadline set... yet

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”