Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:21 am

Post by waar »

The part where you said:
curiouskarmadog wrote:I placed a second vote on Lazy...you place the second vote on me...you say I am bandwagoning
Also, you're not using ellipses correctly. You can't use them to indicate a pause.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:22 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

waar wrote:The part where you said:
curiouskarmadog wrote:I placed a second vote on Lazy...you place the second vote on me...you say I am bandwagoning
Also, you're not using ellipses correctly. You can't use them to indicate a pause.
I cant? LOL..must mean I am scum.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:23 am

Post by waar »

curiouskarmadog wrote: I cant? LOL..must mean I am scum.
No, just an idiot.
Saint Freak
Saint Freak
Townie
Saint Freak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:24 am

Post by Saint Freak »

curiouskarmadog wrote: ....I am scum.
Use them like that.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:24 am

Post by garbagetree »

curiouskarmadog wrote: My vote on him is not an OMGUS vote. I gave him plenty of time to say "hey, maybe it is a misunderstanding"..or "my joke on you was mostly random"..or even a "I am just trying to start conversation"
How is this not OMGUS? So you will unvote for him as soon was he unvotes for you? I fail to see your point here.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:26 am

no, I wouldnt have voted him if he would have done those things. But the fact he wants to push a vote with absolutely no case is scummy..thus my vote.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:26 am

waar wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: I cant? LOL..must mean I am scum.
No, just an idiot.
nice.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:29 am

Post by waar »

curiouskarmadog wrote:no, I wouldnt have voted him if he would have done those things. But the fact he wants to push a vote with absolutely no case is scummy..thus my vote.
I will vote for whoever has the best case against them. There is a case against you. The case against you is the bast case right now not because of the quality of the case, but because of the quality of any other case that may be. In a 19 player game 1 vote is nothing, there's no reason for everybody not to keep a vote on the person they find the scummiest. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:30 am

Post by cicero »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
waar wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: You are also indicating that I over reacted, but fail explain how I over reacted...you think BM was "joking" (with a vote) yet I was "serious" (with a non vote question post) and over reactted..
I explained:
waar wrote: You replied to an obvious joke with a very serious reply, pointing out to Battle Mage exactly why his reasoning sucked, while at the same time also explaining his joke. You were very quick to get defensive about something that was meant to be taken in jest. Thus, you are over reacting.
for the love of God, how was it an over reaction?

I said..

"now that just hurts BM..." (you are telling me this was serious?)

I placed a second vote on Lazy...you place the second vote on me...you say I am bandwagoning...I say you are (fill in the blank), the circle begins a new? (you are telling me this is serious?)

are we going to start bumping heads again?(you are telling me this is serious?)

Where is the over reaction in this post? You said that I thought BM's reasoning sucked and you agreed it sucked. You see my interaction with you? This is serious...you see a difference?

My vote on him is not an OMGUS vote. I gave him plenty of time to say "hey, maybe it is a misunderstanding"..or "my joke on you was mostly random"..or even a "I am just trying to start conversation"

but he wont back down..he wants to push a vote on someone because of an over reaction that wasnt even there.

Now he is saying I am being overly defensive....NO, I am being offensive

When I see something scummy, I jump on it. When someone votes me (passed the random stage) for a crappy reason and refuses to admit they might be wrong...I jump on it.
Man... you are TOTALLY overreacting...

waits for CKD's head to explode...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:32 am

cicero wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
waar wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: You are also indicating that I over reacted, but fail explain how I over reacted...you think BM was "joking" (with a vote) yet I was "serious" (with a non vote question post) and over reactted..
I explained:
waar wrote: You replied to an obvious joke with a very serious reply, pointing out to Battle Mage exactly why his reasoning sucked, while at the same time also explaining his joke. You were very quick to get defensive about something that was meant to be taken in jest. Thus, you are over reacting.
for the love of God, how was it an over reaction?

I said..

"now that just hurts BM..." (you are telling me this was serious?)

I placed a second vote on Lazy...you place the second vote on me...you say I am bandwagoning...I say you are (fill in the blank), the circle begins a new? (you are telling me this is serious?)

are we going to start bumping heads again?(you are telling me this is serious?)

Where is the over reaction in this post? You said that I thought BM's reasoning sucked and you agreed it sucked. You see my interaction with you? This is serious...you see a difference?

My vote on him is not an OMGUS vote. I gave him plenty of time to say "hey, maybe it is a misunderstanding"..or "my joke on you was mostly random"..or even a "I am just trying to start conversation"

but he wont back down..he wants to push a vote on someone because of an over reaction that wasnt even there.

Now he is saying I am being overly defensive....NO, I am being offensive

When I see something scummy, I jump on it. When someone votes me (passed the random stage) for a crappy reason and refuses to admit they might be wrong...I jump on it.
Man... you are TOTALLY overreacting...

waits for CKD's head to explode...

NOW you might have a case that I am over reacting...but you are currently not sitting at -3 either.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:35 am

Post by waar »

While curiouskarmadog is the scummiest right now, it certainly won't help us to lynch somebody so quickly with so little discussion. Let's see what others have to say.

Unvote
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:37 am

(mouth drops open)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:37 am

well I certianly can say I didnt see that coming.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Alasdair
Alasdair
Townie
Alasdair
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Alasdair »

##Vote CuriousKarmaDog until he learns to type LOL
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/AlasdairC/water.png[/img]
[color=blue][b]WATER[/b][/color]
[b][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8224]THIS IS XYTHAR HE MOVED TO JAPAN TO WATCH ANIME[/url][/b]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:52 am

Post by cicero »

On this mafiaboard lynching in a hurry is a HUGE scumtell.

FOS: ALL OF YOU SPEED POSTERS FROM SOMETHINGAWFUL

Clearly the game has 10 Scum who must be lynched immediately. But slowly. um...err...

oh dear.
Saint Freak
Saint Freak
Townie
Saint Freak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Saint Freak »

Anyone who is actually GOOD at mafia shoots from the hip without thinking.

Its the key to sucess
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:58 am

Post by cicero »

I'm guessing the scum win a lot over at somethingawful.com
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by garbagetree »

cicero wrote:I'm guessing the scum win a lot over at somethingawful.com
You would be incorrect.
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:02 pm

Post by WomensRights »

Nah, town's pretty good. Depends on who's scum though.

Waar stop correcting people on their grammar and punctuation. It's a nitpicky thing, and as far as I'm concerned only scum nitpick. This place doesn't have rules on it, we're not on SA, so let it go.

Also, your unvote concerns me. You've been arguing with him back and forth for 2 pages now, but now you unvote? Why's that? You think he's the scummiest, you'd like him lynched right? So why would you unvote him because the bandwagon is picking up steam?
50 pounds of bread
50 pounds of bread
Townie
50 pounds of bread
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by 50 pounds of bread »

I would say that I still think CKD is the most scummy for his over reaction to the jokevote, however I also think that waar's unvote is justified. Lynching someone before everyone has had a chance to put forth opinions is poor judgement.

Don't get me wrong, I still advocate lynching well before the deadline, but until everyone has put forth opinions, there wont be as much information gained from the lynch.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by waar »

WomensRights wrote: Waar stop correcting people on their grammar and punctuation. It's a nitpicky thing, and as far as I'm concerned only scum nitpick. This place doesn't have rules on it, we're not on SA, so let it go.
It's not nitpicking. I don't like reading shit that looked like somebody just threw their pet cat onto the fucking keyboard and posted the outcome.
WomensRights wrote:Also, your unvote concerns me. You've been arguing with him back and forth for 2 pages now, but now you unvote? Why's that? You think he's the scummiest, you'd like him lynched right? So why would you unvote him because the bandwagon is picking up steam?
It's true I think it's the scummiest. I would still have my vote on him if he wasn't so close to getting lynched though. Just because I think he's the scummiest doesn't mean I'm 100% sure he is scum. Nobody is ever 100% sure somebody is scum, not even cops. That's why I want more discussion before a lynch occurs so that on the chance that curiouskarmadog flips town this day wouldn't have been a waste.

Frankly I'm surprised I had to explain this to you.
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by WomensRights »

waar wrote:
WomensRights wrote: It's true I think it's the scummiest. I would still have my vote on him if he wasn't so close to getting lynched though. Just because I think he's the scummiest doesn't mean I'm 100% sure he is scum. Nobody is ever 100% sure somebody is scum, not even cops. That's why I want more discussion before a lynch occurs so that on the chance that curiouskarmadog flips town this day wouldn't have been a waste.

Frankly I'm surprised I had to explain this to you.
It just seems awfully interesting that you unvoted after griping at him and watching the bandwagon pick up steam. But okay.

I still think Lazy is the scummiest. I'm watching you though. Always watching you...
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by WomensRights »

Dammit, I screwed up snipping the quotes. Pretend that it says
Waar wrote:
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by waar »

waar wrote:Nobody is ever 100% sure somebody is scum, not even cops.
Ugh I just re-read this and it sounds like a softclaim. Know that it is not.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by ChronX »

The interplay between Womensrights and Waar seems forced/staged. I don't like the way Waar is forcing the case on CKD and is in a rut, saying he is defensive. If he is defensive, Waar is badgering.
mcpaltp wrote:And why not call out the lurkers? I see no reason to wait until the deadline to lynch someone if they are scum. Discussion is all well and good, but so is a game not taking weeks to finish.
You are going to have to recalibrate your lurk-dar. I'm pleased the game moved beyond the random/joke phase abruptly, but it did so before a full sun cycle passed. People on the site come from time zones as far apart as Europe and New Zealand, with plenty of US.

You were also way too defensive of the non-accusation by Cicero. He never said anyone was talking about the game outside of the thread; to paraphrase, he was simply suggesting that you all who know each other from SA have advanced meta knowledge of each other, just like those of us who play here do of CKD. You'll notice the CKD bandwagon is primarily composed of the newer players and probably others who don't know his playstyle.

I wish I had more than 1 vote because

FoS Waar
IGMEOU mcpaltp
UNVOTE
Vote: Womensrights

I sense distancing. I think starting a BW on Wmnrts is the right move; Waar, in addition to being scummy, is demonstrating that he will be the Village Pompous Idiot so he can be counted on to expose himself further, later.
Effectively done with MS

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”