Mafia 49: SpeedyKQ's Big New York Game - Game over!

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:44 am

Post by Mariyta »

No comments on Amelia's quick lynch of gmk? I agree on the max thing (or I thought I did), but I'm worried about Amelia too.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:19 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

but it sounds like she doesnt care. id rather get her replaced.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:23 am

Post by Mariyta »

Fair enough, but from what I understand, she won't ask.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:53 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

I'll ask, but from what I understand Speedy's having a hard enough time getting replacements...
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:16 pm

Post by Mariyta »

It would be appreciated if you'd at least try.
-Susan Ertz

BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:37 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

hi
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:50 pm

Post by Primate »

hey. I'm Ameliaslay now.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:34 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Primate replaces Ameliaslay.

Vote Count:

3 Primate (BabyJesus, Mariyta, slaking_master)
1 Max (rajrhcpfreak)
1 Mariyta (Primate)

2 not voting (Coron, Max)

4 to lynch.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:43 am

Post by Mariyta »

Welcome aboard. Please claim. :P
-Susan Ertz

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:49 am

Post by Primate »

Nah.

I may be missing some vital subtle things, but the last two days give the impression that you're actually lynching pretty much at random out of the non-confirmed players. Running down people for small things, then failing to discuss things properly. In you guys just seem pretty much paralysed by indifference aout the game at this point.

We have dead scum. With this, and their names, in mind, I intend to read the thread. I'm busy today, so it'll probably get done tomorrow. I encourage other people to do the same. If people are still convinced that I am worthy of their suspicions, then I will answer any and all points,and queries you may have.

But I'm not claiming yet.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:54 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Primate wrote:Nah.

I may be missing some vital subtle things, but the last two days give the impression that you're actually lynching pretty much at random out of the non-confirmed players. Running down people for small things, then failing to discuss things properly. In you guys just seem pretty much paralysed by indifference aout the game at this point.

We have dead scum. With this, and their names, in mind, I intend to read the thread. I'm busy today, so it'll probably get done tomorrow. I encourage other people to do the same. If people are still convinced that I am worthy of their suspicions, then I will answer any and all points,and queries you may have.

my vote on Amelia was mostly due to the oddness of the hammer on gmk yesterday. It didn't seem like there was any effort or belief that gmk was scum - just a hammer drop. It seemed suspicious.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:02 am

Post by Mariyta »

Yeah, I wasn't really expecting you to claim w/o reading. It was half joking ;)
-Susan Ertz

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:54 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

you know what i realized?

i play in too many games with Mariyta.

all of our games are running together.
Show

raj's to do list:

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:59 am

Post by Mariyta »

Haha, that's the way I feel about a lot of people. I always have to go back and read the last page or 2 to remember what's going on in my games.
-Susan Ertz

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:12 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

i was about to shout

MARIYTA IS THE CULT LEADER, KILL HER NOW!!!

lol
Show

raj's to do list:

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:51 pm

Post by Primate »

I'm sorry that this is taking so long. The computer I'm on restarted halfway through my analysis post, and I only had a much earlier version saved.

Suffice to say that it would be worth taking a look over Maryita's play, in particular, before I post this, as it where most of my suspcions lie. I have yet to do Slaking_Master, but I also have the impression that he won't exactly come out spick and span either.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:47 am

Post by Max »

O.K mariyita and primate are scum they always are
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:09 am

Post by Primate »

With 23 dudes to begin, associated town power and (so far) only vanilla (and weak) scum, the suggestion of Lylo can't help but enter my mind. Assuming we have a godfather who was investigated innocent, the worst scenario, we have a likely 2/5 of the non-confirmeds being scum. Assuming this isn't the case, we have 3/5. Everyone who's in this group and innocent can also narrow down the odds, taking the second number to 4. Also, lynching confirmed players at this point would be 'tarded. So, from my P.O.V, I'm looking for a possible group of two out of four. Obviously, this also holds if both our confirmeds are actually innocent. Fritzler being insane would just be such a colossal kick in the balls at this point that I dread to think about it. #1044 makes me feel a little better about this, though. I also realise that it's not exactly ideal to be making all these assumptions, and I do realise they are only assumptions, but they aren't unreasonable ones to make, and if it gives us a greater insight into where our focus should be, then good. So, I reckon we need to start looking for links of any vareity between existing players, as well as links of scumminess to the dead.

In General.

Coron

#897 was just quality. Either he's town, or he's scum that decided to throw scumbuddies under the bus indiscriminately. Also, in #1079, he was the first person to put any serious doubt on fortify, another fairly major point in his favour. I am of the opinion that lynching coron now would just be stupid. Even if he is scum, there are just better targets.
Max

I think max is safe bet for the bookie target. The known scum attacked him very early D2. Again, major point in his favour. I'll be honest and say that I'm surprised he hasn't been lynched yet by a town that wanted to get confirmation of his alignment to crack open those first two days, but I don't really think he's scum either, so I can't blame you.
Mari

#704: Reacts badly to the vikingfan vote.
#707: Fos' VF, doesn't vote.
#716: Chooses to attack KC over VF, just after aknowledging that there was a case against VF. Fails to place any reasoning for the switch to KC.
#799: Joins Raj wagon, again fails to comment on VF wagon.
#830: Disbelieves Cop, again, no reason for why, except a reason that, if anything, actually makes her look less suspicious.
#852: Continues to disbelieve cop. First person to question sanity.
#870: Again, questions cop.
#874: Last minute wagoner of VF, giving kelly the benefit of the doubt. No reason supplied for what is effectively a total 360 in opinion from a post made under 2 hours ago.
#934: Effectively asks for GMK to attack C.E.S based on a case that is, at best, weak.
#959: Votes max. Far, far too late in the game. Gives no explanation for the fact that she is finally on this wagon. None at all.
#966: Votes Spamwise after he votes her. Joke vote, admittedly, but it's there.
#974: Back to Vote Max. Still no reason.
#989: Evades the question of her reason for the max vote.
#991: Glork effectively Fos' mari, but votes max instead.
#995: Glork attacks MBL for not being on the Mariwagon.
#1009: C.E.S calls Mari a scum. She replies in #1011
#1103: Finally states reasons for voting max. 'He acts scummy. His posts (when he makes them) are cryptic at best. He says very little, and what he does say does not contribute to discussions at all.' These really do strike me as bollocks, frankly, especially in the face of other wagons with much better reasons around.
#1105: Aknowledges the reasons, but refuses to vote fortify, settles with a Fos.
#1115: Too late to matter vote on Fortify. A no reasoning bandwagon vote.
#1138: Comments on death scene. Vote back on Max.
#1184: Asks for claim from STD without actually being on the wagon, nor really agreeing with it.
#1193: Votes STD, straight after admitting that she doesn't feel the wagon. This and the above post appear to be irreconcilable points, but STD had done something which gives any and all scum an excuse to hop on. So, Maryita doesn't feel the wagon, yet hops on to retrieve a claim. She is still on the wagon when lynch comes a callin'.
#1198: Again, major Fos'd, not voted, by Glork.
#1305: Votes Armlx, putting the blame firmly onto Armlx himself, not even attempting to argue with the veiw that a pro-town trying to get himself lynched is stupid.
#1383: Votes Glork, exceptionally late in the day, when it's blatantly clear he's going down.
#1383: Votes max, again.
#1402:Uses the reason that she is voting for max because she has been suspicious of him from the beginning, ignoring the fact that in this game-long crusade she has failed to place any reasoning at all of any weight against max.
#1447: Piggybacks onto the CTD wagon
Today: Has suspicions of Max, yet again, relinqueshes them for Ameliaslay.

At no point this entire game have I seen an effort to find scum from Maryita. Mostly extremely short posts with little reasoning. The only person she has gone out of her way to defend was scum, and she showed extreme preference for other people over both Fortify and Glork. OTOH, she has been on every lynch we've had, bar yesterdays. I think her voting record is possibly by far the worst in the game, and her positioning at vital points in the game has just been slightly too unfortunate to be coincidental, IMHO.

I'm gonna have a concrete look at SM in a while.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:19 am

Post by Primate »

BabyJesus wrote:
Primate wrote:Nah.

my vote on Amelia was mostly due to the oddness of the hammer on gmk yesterday. It didn't seem like there was any effort or belief that gmk was scum - just a hammer drop. It seemed suspicious.
I don't really know how to respond to this. Amelia was bored of the game, something that, although it is a ridiculously weak defence, I admit, is also true. I fail to see how I can defend myself against this without using WIFOM in an unreasonably large way, so, i you don't mind, I won't even try. I don't expect people to ignore it, as that would be unreasonable too, but I have no way of answering your question in the manner it deserves.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:22 am

Post by Primate »

Max wrote:O.K mariyita and primate are scum they always are
You're just bitter about WTF mafia. :) (open set-up. I, as scum, claim Doc to save my being-lynched ass (hey BJ!). Max , the real doc, not only doesn't counter-claim, but isn't even remotely suspicious of me for doing this)
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:02 am

Post by Mariyta »

First off, I replaced into this game, just like you, and I've been suspicious of Max since I did. His play is not town play (of course, it never is). Amelia may have been bored, but that's an idiotic reason to place the lynching vote on someone. gmk didn't get any chance right before his lynch, and that makes me think Amelia saw an opportunity. I may be wrong, but as I'm sure you know, it doesn't look good at all.

And yes, I do bandwagon, because I suck at finding scum. Therefore, when other people lay out reasons that make sense and that I can verify, I believe them. I'm still working on learning scumtells and building cases.
-Susan Ertz

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:56 am

Post by Primate »

Mariyta wrote:First off, I replaced into this game, just like you, and I've been suspicious of Max since I did. His play is not town play (of course, it never is). Amelia may have been bored, but that's an idiotic reason to place the lynching vote on someone. gmk didn't get any chance right before his lynch, and that makes me think Amelia saw an opportunity. I may be wrong, but as I'm sure you know, it doesn't look good at all.

And yes, I do bandwagon, because I suck at finding scum. Therefore, when other people lay out reasons that make sense and that I can verify, I believe them. I'm still working on learning scumtells and building cases.
For what it's worth, I've been ignoring Ibby's play in this game, simply because I think that there are more than enough posts by you to get a decent read that I don't have to bother analysing playstyles. You may notice that all my points came from after the replacement, begging the question of why you brought it up at all. Also, considering that you have been on Max's heels all game, I would have expected a better reason than the fact he is unhelpful, which he always is anyway regardless of alignment, something you admit. We have lynched two newbs this game already, shot ourselves in both feet. I assume in this case that you want to get rid of max as a 'policy lynch'? In this case, why do you keep referring to him as suspicious? You repeatedly call him suspicious btw, and you have yet to give even a tinyweenie reason as to why he is suspicious instead of merely unhelpful.

I have absolutely no argument with players who play by gut feeling, whether it's bandwagonning like fritz or not-so, like Coron. But if this style is adopted, serious questions will be asked if every single one of that persons gut feelings turn out to be directed towards town, and gut feelings of innocence are leveled towards scum. There is an inherent expectation of success from a town dealing with someone who doesn't wish to play the game in the normal, traditional manner. You've been playing too long now to use the newb defence that you seem to be attempting now, and the fact that most of your defence for being in pretty much every rotten cookie jar here is that there is simply that you suck doesn't exactly inspire me. I simply find it easier believe that you're scum. You're in too many bad spots for someone who doesn't know who the innocents and scum are. I just can't believe that you are pro-town. Unless I see something nasty from Slaking Master, fully expect to have my vote very soon. I also want to reread max, just to make sure that what I'm thinking is what I think I should be thinking.

I have addressed the Amelia hammer issue. If you have a question that I can answer about it without using Wifom, then ask it. There's simply no way that I can answer most questions about it without having to use an argument that hinges on me being a townie as a central premise. I'm not naive enough to expect people to ignore it, but I do think that there are many things in this game that have, as yet, been unexplored, and instead of repeating that same lines against me over and over, I would infinitely prefer to actually start using the last 60 pages worth of information for us to get a scum.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:43 am

Post by Mariyta »

I know I'm not new, but up until this point, my playstyle has gotten me killed. I've recently tried switching it around, but I still am learning to "hunt scum". Unlike many people, I don't put a lot of effort into this game. I play for fun, so sometimes I actually try, other times, I just chill.

Vote me if you feel you need to. I can see why you are suspicious. And I really have no defense other than what I've given you.
-Susan Ertz

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:46 pm

Post by Coron »

Primate wrote:
In General.

Coron

#897 was just quality. Either he's town, or he's scum that decided to throw scumbuddies under the bus indiscriminately. Also, in #1079, he was the first person to put any serious doubt on fortify, another fairly major point in his favour. I am of the opinion that lynching coron now would just be stupid. Even if he is scum, there are just better targets.
I voted vikingfan pretty much the whole day for 3 days before you guys got the hint. *sigh*

Anyway I've been busy and got behind on looking for scum this game, I'm gonna try to do some reading soon.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:29 pm

Post by Coron »

Wait, so we're figuring Fritz investigated BJ and Raj? That's pretty much what I can find from his posts.

Have we mass claimed in this game? It might be a good idea at this point as we might be facing Lynch or Lose. Other than that could I have a list of claims?

So people think that Ameliaslay repeatedly tried to throw Glork under a bus?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”