Mini 1472: welcome 2 #SWAGTOWN w. ur boy empire (End)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:04 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Nice job everyone!
In post 1596, Zachrulez wrote:Mirari managed to fool even me. Thought I was definitely getting a town role pm after that replace out post. Why would you care about looking town when you're leaving the game? I don't get it.
Like I said earlier, I think this should be explicitly illegal. Mods can simply reword the rule to read "once you are out of the game by death
or replacement
, you may not talk in thread". Basically, Mirari disengaged from her win con, then with no game-motive, decided to just jam in a post just for the sake of being derpy. It's a minor point in the scheme of things, but I'm not a fan of it.

@Tammy: The more you play, the more courage you'll get when you vote. I think the key thing for any Townie in the middle of a sluggish game is to try to grasp the plot - who needs to be posting right now or making a decision in order to move the game along? If it's me, do I need to ask more questions, or do I essentially know I'm ready to commit to my choice? You don't categorically need every second on the clock, like we always say in Duplicate Bridge about making final decisions - if you know, go.

Good job on catching on that I was Neighborized. Thank goodness you weren't scum. :lol:

@Wicked: Sorry I didn't talk more in the Neighbor thread. Thanks for trusting me straightaway when I claimed in there.

@Empire: If it was writer's block, I'd say just relax and let the flavor flow where it will. When I'm thinking #SWAGTOWN, I was almost expecting the flavor to be kind of derpy and rambunctious, or less than 140 characters
*shrug*
. But I enjoyed this game, it was really cool that you gave Town 3 powers and yet a 3-Goon armada was still balanced.

It's an interesting thought about scum play, because Fonz's super-aggro bus on PURPLE LOBSTA blew up because his second buddy got lynched on Day 3. My takeaway - bussing credit isn't magic, there's still a lot to navigate through even if you gain that momentary invincibility shield for a few Days. The Mirari/sottyrulez (okay, Zachrulez :P) slot I think may have started okay but then dwindled away in activity too much - and I think I've learned that watching to see how your non-bussed partner in situations like this is the key part to any early Day bus. With my all-seeing 20/20 hindsight, I think Fonz's correct move would've been to try and escape the PL wagon at some point once his second buddy started becoming more and more suspicious.

I prolifically posted in the Dead QT, so read there for my of my thoughts - I really like discussing with alive players who see what I've said after the game ends, but I think it was basically a great victory for Town.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

After reading through the dead QT (because I really, really like this playerlist and respect the opinions of pretty much every player in this game), I can state unequivocally that I am so glad F-16 and yabba were killed by scum, lol. The dasterdly fiend they made me out to be would've gotten a noose wrapped around my neck before I could say stop. I actually agree with them and didn't think I played particularly well with the exception of going for Fonz there at the end. I didn't even get to vote Zach/sotty like I wanted to on D3 and was worried that that would be used against me. But, whatever, that's townRC for you. I'm just glad that I had SBP, Nacho, and implosion around to protect me. <3 yabba, I love that line "lost the plot". I've heard it once or twice before. I want to start using that for myself.

I think the town really played well here though. We all seemed to compliment each other well with minimal speed bumps along the way. It's almost like we all had townreads on different players and kind of just went like, "well, if you say s/he's town, then okay, I'll go with it". Had implosion and Fonz not been around to talk down scumNacho, I think very much I could've been convinced on that one. So that was nice. Me and Tammy butted heads, but ultimately I never really had a solid scumread on her. I don't know if it was in spite or because of the hostility though. Working with townNacho is always so great. He really helps me focus and I think we can read each other pretty well. When reading through the dead/neighbor QT, it was like yabba and Wicked were kind of different players. I wish, wish, wish they'd have defended each other a little more strongly. Wicked especially shocked me at how solid his reads were when you see what he has to say in the QTs. If only ZZZX hadn't turned so many people off. There was another person that agreed with me (implosion?) that that was just such an abysmal lynch. But that's what is cool about Mafia is that people can interpret things so much differently. I'm totally going to use the "ZZZX tell" going forward though, lol.

The scum and town MVP was Fonz, lmao. It's almost not a joke though. He effectively made the decision to lynch PL. Although he focused hard on SBP during D2, he did end up helping get sotty lynched on D3. And he was just unfortunately not really persuasive enough to defend himself and convince enough people on D4. Whether he realizes it or not, he helped keep me from going after Nacho, DV, and implosion harder at various points in the game. I mean, who knows what would've happened had he come out swinging for any of those three, but I just know that his dismissing of those players are potential scum targets was certainly a factor in me not being as vicious against them.
Empire 1592 wrote:Any comments/suggestions/etc about the setup or my modding are definitely encouraged. I really want to make sure all my future games are the best they can be.
You were really great, Mod. Administratively, the game was pitch perfect for me. Having Regfan step in when you needed him to was thoughtful and I appreciated that. You had my OP updated whenever I went to it, which, unfortunately, a good chunk of Mods forget to do. You answered questions promptly. I would've liked to see some "Twitter-inspired" flavor, but it's hard for me to complain about that when I don't do much flavor myself. Overall, I was a happy player. :]
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:19 am

Post by RedCoyote »

EBWOP: I just know that his dismissing of those players
as
potential scum targets

Good game, everyone. This one was a keeper.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Can't speak for Fonz, but I was on Purple Lobsta because I saw the lynch as inevitable and likely would have voted the slot as town on the basis of their play. I actually expected Deasvail to get lynched in the end though with that cop claim looming and the wagon that cropped up on DV near deadline. Fonz told me in the QT later that I should have hammered the wagon when I had the chance, but looking back on it I don't think it would have changed much and I thought the wagon would go through without me anyway. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we were going to shift back to Lobsta from there.

As for my own fakeclaim, I originally was going to try to claim cop but I saw that as doomed based on the fact that I didn't immediately counter Lobsta on D1. Came up with the Jack of All trades claim, and in one of the rare bits of assistance I got from Sotty in this game she suggested I claim a tracker ability as one of my shots. I would have been dead on day 2 if I had.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:22 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm also kinda curious how this would have gone if I drew a town role PM. I was pretty sure Red's slot was scum until the role pm that told me otherwise.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 am

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry implosion! And well done town!
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:45 am

Post by MattP »

Sorry for being MIA the entire game and a special sorry to Tammy
SlappyKrust
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

yGDB updated, perhaps temporarily - it's a bit rushed.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Awwww :(

Tammy Thoroughly amused me when she picked up my Reach out to Fonz. I had a feeling that I needed to plant associatives/false assoiatives asap, especially after I learned Zoidy feels worse about his scum-game than I do.

I felt that our lynch was inevitable, however I wished that I had at least one more day to do stuff.

I wasn't planning on giving town a scum-read, but a town-read who I hoped my team wouldn't have to kill
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Show

We the purple Mafia II!

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Wow, Fonz and I have very similar approach to game analysis. I really like this precise, calculating, player-by-player analysis on the game state.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Oh, and thanks for modding Empire!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Tammy »

It warms my heart every time I read a scum qt and see the scum team mention me as being unlynchable <3 now if I could also get them fearing me for my awesome scumhunting powers instead of knowing that ill waffle like crazy and only kill me because they can't hide behind me. :/

Sorry for scum reading you so hard red <3
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 1416, Tammy wrote:
In post 410, PURPLE LOBSTA wrote:
In post 391, The Fonz wrote:Was going to reply to Purple Lobsta, but there's only so many iterations of arguing with scum you can go through before it becomes counterproductive. Suffice to say, PL's response to the actual allegations does not convince me. If anyone really wants to know why, ask.

@F-16: I would very much like to know where the hell you get the idea that PL look 'genuine' because they seem like dishonesty personi... I mean, lobsterfied.

@F-16 and Redcoyote: On the subject of 'easy lynches.' I agree with Red that it's an utter bullshit argument (that's the whole point of my /inb4easylynch comment: I get easy lynch arguments every.fucking.game as town for attacking bad players who also happen to show tons of scum motive, and it's moronic). But that's not my argument with regard to Red himself. There's all the difference in the world between attacking a new/annoying/bad at writing player because they're dropping scum tells, and attacking them solely because they're new etc. You LITERALLY suggested that ZZZX was scum on the basis of his writing style. A similar argument applies to wickedestjr. He attacks Mirari for making a 'weak' argument. Let's not consider whether it's a weak argument that scum would benefit from making or anything. Oh no, he's clearly scum because he's bad at logic. (Also some misrepresentation there: Mirari didn't say he changed his mind on implosion because implosion changed his vote. He said he changed his mind because implosion gave a good explanation of his vote).

I'll have to consider whether red or wickedest is worse if not PL. But I would still strongly prefer a PL wagon. I mean, WTF?

I'm willing to let the Slumberparty thing play out.
Hi.

lets reset and start from scratch.

what of my response to your accusations do you not like?

also, why would me not attaching a reason onto my serious vote makes it scummy?

because that seems to be the biggest reason to your case on us so far, and you havn't gone any further than that at all.

I want to know what you think, and why because with our Implosion scum read, the probability of you being scum drops considerably.
Would Mara reach out to her scum partner like this?
I wished you pushed this just a liiittle harder Tammy

same with the me pushing Implosion all day long, then pussy'ing out of his lynch
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Tammy »

I really might have mara, if not for a couple of things. That implosion town read I had was hard to give up. I could reevaluate him, but I just couldn't get to scum, not when he was the only thing I'd felt good about all game. Also, if some conversations with fonz went a little differently, I might have there too. Fonz played an excellent scum game, but I was telling Empire after the game, why I had messaged him that fonz was scum during our day one conversation was just because it didn't feel honest. Like it felt like Fonz had an agenda with the conversation. I couldn't quite get over that and it's why I could never really get to town with him.

Also, I think it's funny that wicked nailed the reason for why I was left alive. So that fonz wouldn't have to deal with so much why are you alive bs.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 1600, yabbaguy wrote:@Empire: If it was writer's block, I'd say just relax and let the flavor flow where it will. When I'm thinking #SWAGTOWN, I was almost expecting the flavor to be kind of derpy and rambunctious, or less than 140 characters
*shrug*
. But I enjoyed this game, it was really cool that you gave Town 3 powers and yet a 3-Goon armada was still balanced.
In post 1601, RedCoyote wrote:You were really great, Mod. Administratively, the game was pitch perfect for me. Having Regfan step in when you needed him to was thoughtful and I appreciated that. You had my OP updated whenever I went to it, which, unfortunately, a good chunk of Mods forget to do. You answered questions promptly. I would've liked to see some "Twitter-inspired" flavor, but it's hard for me to complain about that when I don't do much flavor myself. Overall, I was a happy player. :]
Yeah, that was my plan initially w.r.t. the flavor but I got so backed up with stuff that I couldn't put as much effort into it as I had wanted to. I was going to do some goofy twitter-like stuff for each of the players as they got lynched/nightkilled. Writer's block was definitely a part of it but it was mostly just IRL coming at me in full force (it's why I'm limiting myself to two games at a time and why I don't post as prolifically as I used to). I'm very happy you guys had fun though and would love to see you again in future games!

RC, your reaction gif when Zach claimed to have "vigged" yabbaguy nearly made me choke on my water. So priceless.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1615, Empire wrote:RC, your reaction gif when Zach claimed to have "vigged" yabbaguy nearly made me choke on my water. So priceless.
so much this. So, so, so, so, so much this.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 1615, Empire wrote:RC, your reaction gif when Zach claimed to have "vigged" yabbaguy nearly made me choke on my water. So priceless.
I literally rolled on the floor and couldn't stop laughing when he did that
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 1614, Tammy wrote:That implosion town read I had was hard to give up. I could reevaluate him, but I just couldn't get to scum, not when he was the only thing I'd felt good about all game.
of all the reads you could have been stubborn about, it had to be that one :P
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 1615, Empire wrote:
In post 1600, yabbaguy wrote:@Empire: If it was writer's block, I'd say just relax and let the flavor flow where it will. When I'm thinking #SWAGTOWN, I was almost expecting the flavor to be kind of derpy and rambunctious, or less than 140 characters
*shrug*
In post 1601, RedCoyote wrote:You were really great, Mod. Administratively, the game was pitch perfect for me. Having Regfan step in when you needed him to was thoughtful and I appreciated that. You had my OP updated whenever I went to it, which, unfortunately, a good chunk of Mods forget to do. You answered questions promptly. I would've liked to see some "Twitter-inspired" flavor, but it's hard for me to complain about that when I don't do much flavor myself. Overall, I was a happy player. :]
Yeah, that was my plan initially w.r.t. the flavor but I got so backed up with stuff that I couldn't put as much effort into it as I had wanted to. I was going to do some goofy twitter-like stuff for each of the players as they got lynched/nightkilled. Writer's block was definitely a part of it but it was mostly just IRL coming at me in full force (it's why I'm limiting myself to two games at a time and why I don't post as prolifically as I used to). I'm very happy you guys had fun though and would love to see you again in future games!

RC, your reaction gif when Zach claimed to have "vigged" yabbaguy nearly made me choke on my water. So priceless.
i cjould havehelped you
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Yeah, we sucked.

grats to the town for making really good use of townreads. Selfmeta still blows though :P
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Good game, all. This was fun, but I apologize for being... uninvolved day 1.

Thanks Empire!
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Fun fact! I legit didn't notice Fonz's title, lol
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I think the interesting thing was that to me, the DP1 lynch felt all wrong and I was shocked to see that it flipped scum. I think those sort of unexpected lynches of scum are usually the result of busses. For instance, I wasn't really convinced with Fonz's reasoning (although other townies later came up with good reasoning).
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 1620, The Fonz wrote:Yeah, we sucked.

grats to the town for making really good use of townreads. Selfmeta still blows though :P
I don't think our team was that bad, but town just played spectacularly well. I especially enjoyed playing with you, and I didn't really expect someone I didn't know to play along with what I was doing in the way that you did. We did make a few mistakes that could have changed the outcome if they weren't made otherwise but that kind of stuff happen

like, I should have claimed Weak-cop instead of hinting that I could have had that modifier and hoped that town picked it up

and Zack definitely could have handled that D1 bus better but overall, I don't really have anything to bad to say about you guys. I had a fun time while it lasted
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”