Mini 578 - Mistery at Montescuro - Game Over!

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by Claus »

I understand what you mean, Guardian... but I don't think you need balls of steel. As loud as any player can be, they still have only one vote, and can usually be ignored in the grand scheme of things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:02 am

Post by Dasquian »

I was absolutely shocked no scum had anything to do with the Coron lynch but,
damn
, if that's not a case against last-minute rush-lynches, I don't know what is. :)
Claus wrote:- Albert can be ennerving, but I like his style. If he dominated the town, that's because no one had the balls to tell him "Stop, Albert, you're not being helpful" - or ignore him altogether.
COUGH. SPLUTTER. This was about the only thing I
was
saying, after he started laying into me. In fact I think everyone said this over and over, especially Yos-scum ;) It didn't stop everyone quick-lynching me while my back was turned, though :(

Really the only bad play ABR can take full credit for is hammering Mac in end-game. The other ABR-influenced lynches happened because people thought he knew what he was doing and followed him in doing that - I really did do my best to debunk ABR's non-argument (hell, I even posted the MD thread where he lays out his strategy) and point everyone in the direction of doc-fisher Pyro and it wasn't enough :/

Oh man, I sound ever bitter there. I'm not really - I enjoyed this game a lot and although I would've liked a chance for a swan-song post, I regret nothing. It was certainly a learning experience! Thanks Claus :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:21 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

- Yos was also good scum, and stayed under the radar while the town was happily lynching townies. This seems to be on par with his good scum performance.
I was actually a bit disappointed in Yos. Perhaps it's because we've been scum together couple of times, but he was pretty obviously scum to me. The lack of forceful scumhunting, his forceful critiquing of me, and his desire to avoid looking scummy by not switching votes were all pretty big tells. I was damn near certain he and Pyro were scum until Day 5, when ABR convinced me otherwise.

It's a good thing K7 killed me, because every moment I was alive, Mac looked more and more townish to me.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:43 am

Post by Joudas »

Claus wrote:Was the "100% mac is scum or 100% mac is scum" slip intentional?
Yes, and I was going to leave it there till someone pointed it out then act all "Oh shit my bad", but after I re-read the post I thought it might be a little overkill and corrected it. I'm a pussy.

I was also trying to think of some say, after it became obvious I was scum (and Albert pointed out that fact), something along the lines of "Yeah, maybe you're right, lets lynch Macavenger, Pyro's obviously innocent." to try to "appear" to be changing my tune in preparation for the lynch to "bus my partner", but I couldn't come up with a way to put it that wouldn't have either been overkill or too obvious. I was seriously scared killa seven wouldn't lynch me, too, or that he'd kill the wrong person due to not having been in the game the whole time. Glad it didn't turn out that way. :)
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Joudas »

Honestly, though, I had a great time playing this one, mostly because of the self destructive town aspect. It was a lot of fun watching the discussion go from which townie was obviously scum to which other townie was obviously scum without any influence from us. The day 1 Coron lynch was the pinnacle of the game, in my opinion, from our perspective. :)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

mikeburnfire wrote:QUADRUPLE POST!
Dasquian wrote: Well-played, scum. I had PyroDwarf nailed but Joudas and Yos totally fooled me
Really? I found it hard as hell to get a good read on Pyro because he was so absent. Yos was so scummy it hurt. He hardly did any scumhunting and his logic for getting me lynched was terrible. I'm somewhat irritated that I'm the only one that saw it. The only reason I knew Pyro was scum was because of his obvious connection to Yos.
Eh? No, my logic against you was fine. You were really scummy looking day 1, pushing that illogical attack against Coron, especally the way you switched to him right before the end of the day, and that whole "I was trying to get a no lynch thing" was just absurdly scummy. 100% sure I would have acted the exact same way towards you as town, and I also would have argued the same way against the Coron wagon day if I was town. Probably the biggest mistake I made this game was backing off you and not getting you lynched there when I had the chance, but eh, was worried it'd make me look bad if I pushed it all the way to a lynch.

The only scummy thing I did that day (the thing I wouldn't have done as town) was trying to get DBE lynched after she claimed. I was taking a risk pushing that one, since I wouldn't have done it as town, but eh, we really did need her dead there.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Coron »

Claus wrote:- I'm impressed with Joudas. No one was really certain that he was scum until the last day, and he managed to make people tie him to macavenger for a win. Was the "100% mac is scum or 100% mac is scum" slip intentional?
Uh....
mikeburnfire wrote:
- Yos was also good scum, and stayed under the radar while the town was happily lynching townies. This seems to be on par with his good scum performance.
I was actually a bit disappointed in Yos. Perhaps it's because we've been scum together couple of times, but he was pretty obviously scum to me. The lack of forceful scumhunting, his forceful critiquing of me, and his desire to avoid looking scummy by not switching votes were all pretty big tells. I was damn near certain he and Pyro were scum until Day 5, when ABR convinced me otherwise.
It wasn't clear he was scum to me... I haven't been in many games where he was scum, but he sure was acting differently than normal, I certainly pegged that.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:37 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Yosarian2 wrote:Eh? No, my logic against you was fine. You were really scummy looking day 1, pushing that illogical attack against Coron, especally the way you switched to him right before the end of the day, and that whole "I was trying to get a no lynch thing" was just absurdly scummy. 100% sure I would have acted the exact same way towards you as town, and I also would have argued the same way against the Coron wagon day if I was town. Probably the biggest mistake I made this game was backing off you and not getting you lynched there when I had the chance, but eh, was worried it'd make me look bad if I pushed it all the way to a lynch.
I think, and maybe I'm wrong, that you would have given me more a bit more leeway and allow for the possibility that I was town, had you been town as well.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

GG

I died so long ago I forgot who I even suspected -.-
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Joudas »

Yeah, sorry about that :( We thought there was a doc, so we were going for the person least likely to be targeted, and... well... :)
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:35 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

This was by far the most fun <and intimidating> game I have played.

Very memorable first game.. even if the town lost, we had one hell of a scum team and an Albie to boot.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:38 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

The fact that DBE wasn't immediately scared off by all this insanity leads me to believe she may well become a regular around here. :D

DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Guardian wrote:I have little to say about this game...

I hate ABR's playstyle; I used to think it was great, but then realized he just randomly selects players and decides to get them lynched, and pretends like he has really good reasons for doing so. Townies would have to have elaphantitis sized balls to "stand up" to his lies about how sure he is and how he has reasons to be really sure about who is scum. He abuses positions where he is confirmed as likely town and ruins games based on his whims of who scum are, ignoring other's input.

I shudder that I am guilty of similar re: Coron; I give you my sincerest apologies.
QFT....

and really sorry Coron D: Claus is right.. I am too easily swayed :p
Show
you done goofed.

DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

mikeburnfire wrote:The fact that DBE wasn't immediately scared off by all this insanity leads me to believe she may well become a regular around here. :D
haha aww mikey <oh god there I go again, I really can't help it.. its a sickness... well at least its better than Albie eh?> this game was like dropping a guppy in a tank of Sharks; but it was really exciting, and I'm really glad Claus PM'd me about replacing!!

I hope to play with you
scary
skilled scummers again soon
Show
you done goofed.

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Yeah, you did a great job for a first game DBE - my biggest advice for the future would not to try to placate other players by voting how you think they want you to - only vote for who you think is most likely scum. You did a great job staying active and managed to persuade me you were most likely town, though, so great job :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Hmm, two great jobs. Great job, Dasquian.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:22 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Dasquian wrote:Yeah, you did a great job for a first game DBE - my biggest advice for the future would not to try to placate other players by voting how you think they want you to - only vote for who you think is most likely scum. You did a great job staying active and managed to persuade me you were most likely town, though, so great job :)
LOL duly noted, I think I'm getting a bit better now...(about being solid in my votes) and sorry albie thought we were scum partners...and you had to be lynched first... D: but I shan't forget the ways of the duck. ;)
Show
you done goofed.

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Guardian »

Dasquian wrote:Also I hate to break it to you and Guardian but I am not, in fact, actually a duck IRL. Bad times.
This post was hilarious, btw.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Joudas »

Agreed, I LOL'd at that.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:09 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

New wiki page
7for7

DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

mikeburnfire wrote:New wiki page
7for7
Best Page on MafiaWiki.
Show
you done goofed.

PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

woot im actually in a wiki! ABR is a jerk, if i ever get stuck in a game with him, ill probly request a replace.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

congrats! I have graduated to 'player Y' quite an accomplishment for a newbie such as myself ^^
Show
you done goofed.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:32 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

PyroDwarf wrote:woot im actually in a wiki! ABR is a jerk, if i ever get stuck in a game with him, ill probly request a replace.
I agree that ABR's behavior is, to put it kindly, not the nicest. But sometimes you need to work with people you don't like in order to get things done. It's the way life works. I would certainly prefer ABR's crazy playstyle over somebody who just lurks or posts ONE sentence per week.

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:17 am

Post by Claus »

mikeburnfire wrote: I agree that ABR's behavior is, to put it kindly, not the nicest. But sometimes you need to work with people you don't like in order to get things done. It's the way life works. I would certainly prefer ABR's crazy playstyle over somebody who just lurks or posts ONE sentence per week.
ditto. Or people who are afraid to put out any votes and/or attacks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”