Mini 1579: The Great Flavor Caper (Game Over)

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 am

Post by T S O »

"I have used my dayvig, the person has not died, this person must be Town, I should not claim or push them."

What the hell?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 am

Post by T S O »

I'm really mad and probably going ott here but my god this game. Wow.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:29 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1614, T S O wrote:I want to know why I was shot. I really want to know why I was shot and THEN YOU LYNCHED WAKE WHO WAS OBVTOWN AS FUCK JESUS.
Yea, I didn't expect a Wake Kill. But Mirhawk put the vote down, so... endgame.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:29 am

Post by T S O »

wp reinoe! you were the best of the scumteam on play. chaoslord skated by with Bacde's protection and Josh was a scumfuck, but I was actually townreading you on play also.
-Marquis
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Wake1 »

: Which was frustratingly unfair.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:32 am

Post by phokdapolees »

I apologize for the swinginess of the setup and how scumsided it appears to be now (in my defense though, I did have a town doc as well in the original setup but it was removed during review)

pedit: And also for the confusion over "deputy" and "backup town cop", didn't think the role name would be debated like that
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:34 am

Post by Wake1 »

Let's lynch the reviewers.

Can we get a link to the review thread please?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:36 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1624, T S O wrote:The reason scum won this game was because they killed people backing them, which made me think they were looking to mislynch chaoslord and isolate reinoe.
I agree with this, However PR's held more weight than shared interest both nights.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:39 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1630, phokdapolees wrote:I apologize for the swinginess of the setup and how scumsided it appears to be now (in my defense though, I did have a town doc as well in the original setup but it was removed during review)

pedit: And also for the confusion over "deputy" and "backup town cop", didn't think the role name would be debated like that
Yeah, as soon as Wake claimed "Backup Cop" instead of Deputy, I was going to try and discredit the shit out of that claim. I had done research on which roles to possibly fakeclaim and Deputy shot straight to number one. Even in a game with no cop it's safe.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:41 am

Post by T S O »

Agreed, I'd like a link to the review.
-Marquis
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1628, T S O wrote:wp reinoe! you were the best of the scumteam on play. chaoslord skated by with Bacde's protection and Josh was a scumfuck, but I was actually townreading you on play also.
This is true, but I didn't need to convince everyone that I was town. I did however convince Boonskies, and he shot you instead of me. So.. there is that.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:45 am

Post by T S O »

If you consider convincing one person, one gullible idiot who was handed a great role, the peak of your scumplay, then well done.

If I had the Dayvig, I'd have shot you to shit d2.
-Marquis
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:48 am

Post by phokdapolees »

reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:48 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1636, T S O wrote:If you consider convincing one person, one gullible idiot who was handed a great role, the peak of your scumplay, then well done.

If I had the Dayvig, I'd have shot you to shit d2.
Wouldn't you have been too busy lynching the fuck out of slandaar or do you think you could have multi-tasked that?

BTW, slandaar, I already read the dead PT, but that nightkill on Titus was a godsend for the scum team. We eliminated a threat and it allowed D2 to fly by very quickly without generating a lot of information. We actually considered killing Titus just to frame you.

Selkie
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:49 am

Post by T S O »

probably not, honestly. just reset the vc, line him up again.
-Marquis
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:53 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1613, reinoe wrote:Whew. 2-0 with completed games and I've never lost a partner. :] Almost lost josh though. I really did want to hammer...

BTW, did you guys know that I told everyone to claim
Deputy
if one of us got run up???? :lol: It's a perfectly safe, unverifiable claim....Irony of Ironies, josh either defied me or forgot and then claimed doctor.

BTW, Chaoslord and Josh...
Do you guys want to release the Scum QT?
I'm linking it here. I didn't claim deputy because I thought I was made. I was trying to pull a CC that luckily never happened. I really thought that more people would either lynch me or wake when he claimed. If I was lynched first Wake was confirmed town. If Wake was lynched first, I was confirmed scum, so I really never wanted to Wake to die.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:54 am

Post by T S O »

"I'm still slightly worried for the mafia's chances here, I think. Like mastin said earlier, the mafia basically win if they avoid getting shot (by either the dayvig or the SK), which isn't something they have much control over. What if you made one of the goons a doctor?" - Plessiez

Wow, I'd totally have to agree - the Mafia need immunity from the
one thing they're not potentially immune to yet
!
-Marquis
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:55 am

Post by BBmolla »

I'd say that as the setup is, once things are clarified, it is probably balanced--just so swingy that regardless of the final outcome, you're likely to have complaints.
Yeah mastin called it.

Jailkeeper should have replaced backup cop or something, it just depends on what you were attempting to do with the setup I guess. The thing is that the cop could only even find 50% of the scum, which is honestly fairly useless.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:56 am

Post by T S O »

9-3-1 is borderline unfair, but then you stacked the other factions with power and removed the Town Doctor because of ????

why?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:57 am

Post by T S O »

If I seem bitter and bitchy, that's because I am. We didn't play terribly this game. Out of 3 lynches, we hit anti-town in one. We should not have the potential to lose if our dayplay is of that level.

People assume Dayvig is a strong town role BUT UNLESS SOMEONE WHO IS GOOD HAS IT IT STRONGLY BENEFITS SCUM.
-Marquis
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:00 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1644, T S O wrote:If I seem bitter and bitchy, that's because I am. We didn't play terribly this game. Out of 3 lynches, we hit anti-town in one. We should not have the potential to lose if our dayplay is of that level.

People assume Dayvig is a strong town role BUT UNLESS SOMEONE WHO IS GOOD HAS IT IT STRONGLY BENEFITS SCUM.
He hit scum 50% of the time too. He just shot you on day 3 and you were kinda scummy...

Selkie
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Slandaar »

Uh Titus was hard defending the entire scumteam shooting her was the best case scenario for hitting town.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Slandaar »

Town needed to keep me and hope I carry them really, which I am sure I could have, Reinoe would have been shot #2...
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Slandaar »

Setup spec wise, I called the dayvig, I also said its highly likely there is a gf, obviously you lynch Josh of the PR's....
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Josh_B »

With so many Killing roles, it would have been fine for a two man scum team, if the town had a doc instead of back-up cop. Scum would have been more likely to try to protect the SK's NightKill to counter balance the town having two kills. I'm not even sure if Scum would need a PR for that set-up, eh, a role blocker wouldn't hurt, I guess but that's still three potential kills against town every phase. Maybe a town JailKeeper instead of a cop with a mafia roleblocker would be ok.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”