Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Magua »

Kise wrote:
Kise wrote:Plum being killed over anyone else is pure wifom and I wouldn't fall for it

Damn you, Magua!

Hey, man, it was Plum or you. =P

Hrezs wrote:2 Fuck you Magua -You killed me. Why? =(

There was no way your security guard claim was fake, so there was no way you were scum *or* the DSK. Once the last Night Rider was lynched, you would've been cleared.

At first, I killed lurkers because I surmised my biggest enemy was the IC, so I was aiming at people who were flying under the radar. After Magna died, I switched gears to killing confirmed town. The irony of killing IC after I stopped trying to kill IC and instead kill town does not escape me. =P

Hrezs wrote:
Friend flaking has made me pissed off more and more as the game has gone on(especially after my death). We would have had all 3 members alive as he would have just blocked AGM's ckd kill in secret. Seriously.

I was curious about that when I saw CKD was IC, until I read the night actions. I'd be hella pissed too.

ThAdmiral wrote:I think just about everything that needed to be said about the setup was discussed in the dead qt.

Which no one's linked to yet for me. =/
Dead QT, please.

ReaperCharlie wrote:1. One about the setup, things you liked and didn't like, ways you think it could be improved, etc.

Obviously, I liked my role. But, I also feel sorry for the Night SK; it just seems so weak compared to the DSK.

I like the Inner Circle concept. But I do think that there needs to be some feedback on IC deaths (regardless of whether they all need to be alive or not). As it was, the scum were essentially playing their own internal game of mafia, except that it was no-reveal and they couldn't lynch.

I think just labelling the IC flips is good enough. Maybe even leave off the town IC flip, to keep the paranoia going about whether the IC has been destroyed or not. Maybe also allow the scum to lynch one of their own instead of night-killing. if they so desire.

I actually kind of enjoyed the /strike system. Part of this may be emotional (it heavily worked in my favor), but because it did personify some of the themes for the game. It was totally a workable system to just vote and not strike, but it got tossed, and part of me found that to be almost artistic.

(It might be interesting to have more roles be able to interact with /strikes, though: like, a paramedics can undo some/all strikes on someone once a day, things like that.)

ReaperCharlie wrote:
2. One about the players, who you think did well/poorly, happenings that you really enjoyed, etc.

Like I said, ABR scared the everloving bejeezus out of me. And the thing was, starting D3, he was *right* on *everything*.

Although I wasn't aware of it in the game, I'd be hella pissed at Friend if I was IC and died because a roleblock wasn't submitted to save me. He flaked out of a game I modded as well, so confirmation bias is definitely going on there.

Finally, I really enjoyed reading the flavor, which have to be my favorite flavor scenes so far that don't involve Faraday
butchering
rapping the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Faraday »

don't make me cut you bitch.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Magua »

Daykill: Faraday

Do it at the usual time, right before the lynch.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

RC wrote:Have you even read the Inner Circle quicktopic?

I just did. It mostly annoyed me. The IC did exactly what I'm said they should have - bus the hell out the scumteams. They never got around to claiming us because they either A) Died first or B) Had the entire rest of their team die first, but I think they would have gotten around to that idea given the time. I feel smugly satisfied that my no bussing and seizing total control of the kill strategies worked so well to annoy them … but look what came out of that? My prompt death.

RC wrote:And yeah, people will probably call it bastard, because that's what people like to do when they don't know everything about a setup. Also, it might be because they lost, which is mainly what happened in Blackest Night. But mostly it was just that they felt like whining. lol

(to be clear though, Blackest Night was powers of magnitute more bastardly than this one ever would be, even at the highest possible levels of bastardly possibility)

I find it pretty hilarious that in Blackest Night's dead QT, every single faction thought their faction had the least chance to win. Pretty sure people are gonna say the same thing here. But it only seems like that because there were 5 factions in that game, and there are 6 factions in this. It's relative to how many factions are in the game, and people don't understand that everyone has about the same chance to win, but that chance is just lower than in a 2-faction game.

That's what theme games are for, though. If they want to play a vanilla mafia-vs-town game, they can go and play Mini Normals or Opens or something. Plus, this game had a wiki that revealed almost everything about the setup. There were only a few specific things that weren't revealed on there before the game even started. So if people want to complain, there's always that defense I have, that they for the most part knew what they were getting themselves into, and wanted it anyway. If they feel like they got screwed, then... well... it's all part of the beast.

This post from the QT makes me relatively uninterested in responding to your post. I've played in lots of games and I rarely have many complaints about the setup, but when I do I feel pretty justified in my criticism. Hell, I even decided to give you a second try as a mod too, because I thought maybe you would change based on past feedback. But this post, combined with this game and Blackest Knight, makes it pretty clear that you are approaching everything with the confirmation bias that you are right. I don't think that recruitment, even one-shot, is okay. I don't think no-flip is okay. I don't think changing the wincon was okay. I don't think the IC being allowed to lose members yet still win was okay. But you don't think any of those things. You think that your games aren't bastard, that it's okay to have setups with completely swingy (and unfair) mechanics because they are "theme" games, that we aren't allowed to complain because the setup was 90% "open," and that everyone who dislikes the setup is just whining because they lost. You had the EXACT same response to Blackest Knight, so I'm really confidant at this point that this is just your de-facto attitude towards moderating. You design and moderate games that you think are cool, and then you run them. And that's fine. I'm sure there is a market of people who agree with you and like your games … and they can have fun playing in your games. I, unfortunately, do not - and it really doesn't seem worth it to argue about it because I don't think you are ever going to change your moderating style, regardless of what I have to say.
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Magua wrote:
Daykill: Faraday

Do it at the usual time, right before the lynch.

Noted.
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Kublai Khan wrote:I'm sorry, I guess I'm not very clear..

Let me setup a scenario.. What if an IC suddenly had a few quick strikes, and they said "Stop, I'm a cop. Here are some guilties on scums" or worse, "woah, hold on. I'm an IC. I can spoon-feed you the names of scum if you let me live"?

{Before you say that the second quote is implausible as it would be bad play, I need to remind you that your players are human and as such are prone to playing horribly}

Those are the scenarios that give scum nightmares when they think about moles. They have to eliminate worst case scenarios and the mole announcing the scum team to the town is a mega-nightmare. Reducing the scum team to one (most trusted) member is a good way to eliminate the mole and keep a chance at success. That's why I don't think that Exe and Baby Spice's strategy was *that* horrible. (Though Exe did leap to a wrong conclusion after Magua survived.)

I agree. That could easily have happened. But that's also why they had the bulletproof vest, to greatly reduce the chances of that happening. They had Hrezs wear the bulletproof vest for quite a while, and once Friend flaked, they started having him wear it too because he was a more likely lynch target.

Kublai Khan wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:How do you think it could have been more fun for the scum teams? Or do you think it was just a failed experiment. This is an honest question.

Well, flips would be a must. Otherwise the scum teams were doomed to failure as soon as they became a 2-person team.

If CKD had flipped IC, then would Exe have outed LLD? Hells, no. The SC team might have had a strong chance of winning. (or at least felt like they had a fair chance).

I think that if they'd all realized that they'd have to trust each other at least barely enough to kill people without imploding and destroying themselves from the inside out, that they'd have felt a little bit more like they had a fair chance. Then again, that is not how the players chose to play that role. If I did this setup again though, I'd probably make the Inner Circle members flip Inner Circle upon death.

Kublai Khan wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:I was thinking about it today while out running errands.. What about instead of choosing 1 member of each faction to be Inner Circle, you just announce that 3 non-SK players are the Inner Circle? You still get the distrust within the scumgroups, but with the extra WIFOM that maybe they have nothing to worry about. (Secretly, you could still choose 1 of each group, but they don't need to know).

Hmmm... that'd be a good idea. I like that. We should mod a game together eventually. Go pick a game from the "Which game should I run next?" topic in my sig and I'll let you know if I don't already have somebody lined up. Though, no guarantees that they'll be anything like this one. Which might or might not be a good thing, depending on your point of view.

I think I already voted a while back when you first posted the topic.. As for co-modding, who knows what the future brings?

I don't know which you voted for, and/or which you'd like to mod, if any. Wanna post there and let me know? :)
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Magua wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:I think just about everything that needed to be said about the setup was discussed in the dead qt.

Which no one's linked to yet for me. =/
Dead QT, please.

Sorry everyone, it's here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/ZkJJ9DFBLm3ch (I've also PM'd it to you, Magua)

Magua wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:1. One about the setup, things you liked and didn't like, ways you think it could be improved, etc.

Obviously, I liked my role. But, I also feel sorry for the Night SK; it just seems so weak compared to the DSK.

Nature of the beast. All SK's are not created equal.

Magua wrote:I like the Inner Circle concept. But I do think that there needs to be some feedback on IC deaths (regardless of whether they all need to be alive or not). As it was, the scum were essentially playing their own internal game of mafia, except that it was no-reveal and they couldn't lynch.

Well, when you put it THAT way...

Magua wrote:I think just labelling the IC flips is good enough. Maybe even leave off the town IC flip, to keep the paranoia going about whether the IC has been destroyed or not. Maybe also allow the scum to lynch one of their own instead of night-killing. if they so desire.

Hmmm... having the scum kill one of their own by popular vote... Heavy risk... but the prize...

Magua wrote:I actually kind of enjoyed the /strike system. Part of this may be emotional (it heavily worked in my favor), but because it did personify some of the themes for the game. It was totally a workable system to just vote and not strike, but it got tossed, and part of me found that to be almost artistic.

It is a Mechanic I am very proud of. I feel that the 60% and 40% thresholds are better than 50% when it comes to mob ruling, but do you think that having 50% and 30% (for instance) may have been better, in terms of town coordination and calculation into the equation of the loose cannons like ABR and Toogeloo? I thought about changing them somewhat, but in the end I obviously set them at the level they were at on purpose. I think it worked out well the way it was.

Magua wrote:(It might be interesting to have more roles be able to interact with /strikes, though: like, a paramedics can undo some/all strikes on someone once a day, things like that.)

Now that for sure is something that could be ... "Revisited". (groan)

I think if I was to run this setup again, less of the powers would be relegated to Night-only or Day-only. There would be many more powers available during the Day, and/or people would have a choice of whether to use their power during the Day or during the Night.

Magua wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:2. One about the players, who you think did well/poorly, happenings that you really enjoyed, etc.

Like I said, ABR scared the everloving bejeezus out of me. And the thing was, starting D3, he was *right* on *everything*.

And yet, you waited until DAY NINE to kill him? Sheesh, man. You must
thrive
on stress.

Magua wrote:Although I wasn't aware of it in the game, I'd be hella pissed at Friend if I was IC and died because a roleblock wasn't submitted to save me. He flaked out of a game I modded as well, so confirmation bias is definitely going on there.

Everybody loses when people flake. :(

Magua wrote:Finally, I really enjoyed reading the flavor, which have to be my favorite flavor scenes so far that don't involve Faraday
butchering
rapping the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

There are places for those kinds of words. :)
Show

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Before releasing a list of the game's quicktopics, I would like to ensure that nobody has any qualms with releasing them.

The Night Riders and Inner Circle have already released theirs, the Dead QT is free after the game obviously, and now I wait only for Skull-Crusher approval.

Let me know if it's alright with you guys, eh?
Show

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Personally, Bastard mod could be:
Changable wincon.
Untrustworthy flip info (includes non-flip but not delayed flip)
'Weird' interactions.
Hdden players

Haven't voted on the next game. Waiting for Harry Potter :)
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by Hrezs »

Magua wrote:
There was no way your security guard claim was fake, so there was no way you were scum *or* the DSK. Once the last Night Rider was lynched, you would've been cleared.

At first, I killed lurkers because I surmised my biggest enemy was the IC, so I was aiming at people who were flying under the radar. After Magna died, I switched gears to killing confirmed town. The irony of killing IC after I stopped trying to kill IC and instead kill town does not escape me. =P

I was afraid of that, but also I'm glad. When I died I went 'did the dsk just string me along to kill me when I least expect it?' I think after another day I would've taken the bp vest back(as Friend/Mute would either have been struck to death or cleared) just based on threat level of death(being confirmed so and such).

You hit me at the exact right time lol
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Hrezs »

Also, I thought BabySpice was playing to her wincon. By only outing MoI she was removing the mole from her teaming giving her the greatest chance at winning(as she was pretty much a dead man walking at the time).

Yeah, it backfired(and was one of the most exciting moments of the game for me as it was literally perfect for my team) but it could have been a calculated risk(I don't think it was, I think she was caught up in a mess of things)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by Andrius »

God, really? RC, you're asking for people to nom you for Scummies AGAIN? Have some class, dude.

AGM wrote:
This post from the QT makes me relatively uninterested in responding to your post. I've played in lots of games and I rarely have many complaints about the setup, but when I do I feel pretty justified in my criticism. Hell, I even decided to give you a second try as a mod too, because I thought maybe you would change based on past feedback. But this post, combined with this game and Blackest Knight, makes it pretty clear that you are approaching everything with the confirmation bias that you are right. I don't think that recruitment, even one-shot, is okay. I don't think no-flip is okay. I don't think changing the wincon was okay. I don't think the IC being allowed to lose members yet still win was okay. But you don't think any of those things. You think that your games aren't bastard, that it's okay to have setups with completely swingy (and unfair) mechanics because they are "theme" games, that we aren't allowed to complain because the setup was 90% "open," and that everyone who dislikes the setup is just whining because they lost. You had the EXACT same response to Blackest Knight, so I'm really confidant at this point that this is just your de-facto attitude towards moderating. You design and moderate games that you think are cool, and then you run them. And that's fine. I'm sure there is a market of people who agree with you and like your games … and they can have fun playing in your games. I, unfortunately, do not - and it really doesn't seem worth it to argue about it because I don't think you are ever going to change your moderating style, regardless of what I have to say.

I agree with most all of this.
Everything except the fact that the word you're looking for is Night, not Knight, AGM. :P
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yeah, BS didn't play against her wincon. It was a really, really, REALLY BAD play, but at the end of the day she was trying to kill someone whose wincon was mutually exclusive with hers, so I don't think that can be considered playing against your wincon.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by Andrius »

"Feel free to lose yourself in the moment, but remember: If you don't keep your head screwed on straight, it'll be the next one rolling on the ground" is NOT just flavor. It's serious advice. If it was just flavor, it would have been put in the flavor paragraph at the top.

This is no excuse for near-bastard moddery. Just like the "numerous flavor hints" in BNM.

RC, you're missing the point. Regardless of UT's play, his kills were RB-able. Magua's were not. They're clearly not equal.
No, the DSK didn't have a short stick at all. You mis-read or something.

Not to mention, this information was all on the wiki, LONG before the game started, and was in fact probably the reason many of the players joined this game.

"Was in fact probably" means no.
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:24 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Andrius wrote:God, really? RC, you're asking for people to nom you for Scummies AGAIN? Have some class, dude.

1. I didn't ask anyone to nom me. Whatchu talkin bout willis?
2. What the hell do you mean when you say: "AGAIN?"
3. If the man likes the flavor, why
wouldn't
he nom it?
4. How is what I did classless in any way? I fail to understand.
5. Also, semi-important. Were you even in this game? If not, stfu.

AlmasterGM wrote:Hell, I even decided to give you a second try as a mod too, because I thought maybe you would change based on past feedback.

You
decided to give
ME
a second chance as a mod?! LOL

More like
*I*
decided to give
you
a second try as a player.

Condensed version (click the links if you don't 'member):
RC basically wrote:
AGM? in my game? lolno. peep this shit
AlmasterGM [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2864881#p2864881]actually[/url] wrote:ReaperCharlie is questioning my /in to this game via PM on the basis that I have an overly abrasive playstyle (to use his words, "I just wanted some assurance that if I let you in, that you wouldn't be an asshat like I've seen you be in other games").
Albert B. Rampage [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2865021#p2865021]actually[/url] wrote:Your posts are nasty and spammy. Are you going to post in caps and insult people in this game too?
AlmasterGM [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2864881#p2864881]actually[/url] wrote:I just don't really see why ReaperCharlie,
who isn't even playing in the game
, should be the one deciding whether I'm too abrasive or not.
RC basically wrote:
"playing in the game?" ... bitch im the
mod
RC basically wrote:
fiiiine. :roll: just dont be a doucheweed and make me regret it

Ring any bells?

Cause it is preeeeetty clear in my memory how it went down.

Anyway:

AlmasterGM wrote:I don't think that recruitment, even one-shot, is okay.

Noted.

AlmasterGM wrote:I don't think no-flip is okay.

Noted.

AlmasterGM wrote:I don't think changing the wincon was okay.

Didn't happen, but Noted anyway.

AlmasterGM wrote:I don't think the IC being allowed to lose members yet still win was okay.

Noted.

Hey... wait a second...
you
were the one that begged to be let into the game, and complained that I didn't let you in without extra convincing. You seem to keep forgetting that detail... but w/e, it's cool

AlmasterGM wrote:But you don't think any of those things. You think it's okay to have setups with completely swingy (and unfair) mechanics because they are "theme" games

Yeah this setup was completely swingy and unfair. You caught me. :roll:

A 24-player game ending on Day 9 is
clearly
off its rocker.

AlmasterGM wrote:You think that we aren't allowed to complain because the setup was 90% "open," and that everyone who dislikes the setup is just whining because they lost.

Nope, just you and Magna (this time). :P

AlmasterGM wrote:You had the EXACT same response to Blackest Knight, so I'm really confidant at this point that this is just your de-facto attitude towards moderating.

Nah, I'd say my attitude is light-years different. And if you weren't tunneling on me like noobtown you'd see that I spent 5 hours discussing the setup with other people today, and most if not all of it was constructive.

AlmasterGM wrote:You design and moderate games that you think are cool, and then you run them. And that's fine. I'm sure there is a market of people who agree with you and like your games ... and they can have fun playing in your games.

Yep, and by and large, those are the people that continue to play in games I mod. Heck, IIRC Magna has played in every single game I've modded on this site under this name. If that changes now that he's "come to the light" and seen what an INCORRIGIBLE B-MOD that I apparently am, and no longer wants to play my games, then that's fine too! He doesn't have to play them either! :)

AlmasterGM wrote:I'm sure there is a market of people who agree with you and like your games. I, unfortunately, do not

Then the answer is simple. Don't play my games. There are plenty of others in the Large Theme Queue, if that's your preferred poison.

Pro-tip: Trying to /in for my games, and then complaining after I refuse your entry, until I cave and finally let you /in, proooobably isn't the right move if you don't like my games. Just a heads up.

AlmasterGM wrote:it really doesn't seem worth it to argue about it because I don't think you are ever going to change your moderating style, regardless of what I have to say.

You'd probably do better in terms of influencing my moderating style if you didn't come across as a whiny, complaining asshat. Take notes from Kublai Khan, or ThAdmiral, or StrangerCoug, heck, even Baby Spice. Who I have continually ragged on for making quite possibly the stupidest move of the game. And they are all still acting civil. I don't know what the difference is between you and Magna, but I can say with 100% positivity that if Baby Spice hadn't outed you guys, and your faction would have won, that neither of you two clowns would be dissing the setup.

Pathetic, yes.

True, yes.
Show

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:38 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

AlmasterGM wrote:Yeah, BS didn't play against her wincon. at the end of the day she was trying to kill someone whose wincon was mutually exclusive with hers, so I don't think that can be considered playing against your wincon.

Um... are you backtracking on what you said in the dead QT? Check it out:

AlmasterGM wrote:The fact that we had Baby Spice on our team pretty much fucked us.
AlmasterGM wrote:The worst part is even if Baby Spice is totally wrong and an idiot
(hint: she was)
, the fact that she had the OPPORTUNITY to make that kind of play and CONSIDER it rational should not happen.
AlmasterGM wrote:Even a scumteam ends up with a completely awful player on their team, that person should at least have the INCREDIBLY BASIC common sense not to out their teammates.

Remember those things you said? Or no...

Well either way, don't worry it's ok. I'm becoming quite used to your story and/or attitude changing when it's convenient. But the sad part is that the only thing worse than you changing your story, IS your terrible attitude about all of this.

Seriously. The only hissy fits being thrown in this endgame are yours and Magna's. It's kind of old. :roll:

Also, go to any other mod and say "This game should end in a draw! rabble rabble rabble", and see how it goes over. My bets are on a polite "haha. not a chance, champ" at best, ranging to a "gtfo you rebel scum! *draws blaster*" at worst. So in comparison, I'm being rather even with you about it, I'd say.

Aaaanyway...
Show

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:55 am

Post by AGar »

I've been trying to stay out of this because I have lots of ugly words for the game. That and my catchphrase "It's the fucking internet" clashes with what I'm about to post. I personally only get pissed when someone is being a giant doucher about something.

Reaper, here's the problem.

You think that slapping this into a theme game means no holds barred, and it doesn't.

I didn't join this game because of the IC mechanic. I joined because the flavor looked interesting. I should've learned from BNM that things would be sketchy, but more to the point, had I known all of the flaws with this situation, I would've made for the /out line faster than anyone here can imagine.

Fun facts:
- No-flip, alignment-changing and secret information that isn't revealed to the players at large is generally considered bastard modding. Bastard modding is generally announced
beforehand
so that people don't get pissed off. A large theme is a commitment that sometimes lasts months. Some people play 1 to 2 games at a time and are really attached to these things, so when their faction can't win, they get pissed. When there are bastard elements unannounced, they get pissed.

- Antagonizing players who are pointing out re-iterated flaws in your setup only makes you look childish, immature and like a raging dickbag. You say AGM and MoI's tunes would have changed if their faction had won. Maybe they would have changed if their factions
had a shot to win
. This was already discussed in the dead QT - you crippled the scum factions, especially if they operated under the guise that IC loses if a member died. The fact that any player saw it optimal to
out their scumbuddy
to avert is suboptimal setup design, and makes it impossible for scum to actually come to a win. ESPECIALLY considering the mole didn't have to live to win from either faction AND the IC had a 1-shot recruit. Knowing that, IC's best possible course of action would be Night Rider-IC to out his team on D1, Skull Crusher IC to out his team on D2, recruit a town player, and there's a bunch of shit flying around already. IC induces complete and utter chaos, and scumteams are decimated. Two fell swoops. Done, and done.

- A game going to Day 9 does not automatically make it balanced, and the term "theme game" is not a catchall for "I'm going to throw whatever the fuck I want in here and not tell a soul." You had 6 factions operating simultaneously. There is not going to be balance in that situation. There is going to be chaos and randomness like no tomorrow. You seem to believe that just because a game goes X length, it must be balanced! You also seem to believe that any time there is a factor of the setup that causes any factions loss, it's the players fault and not the mods. See BNM, where you blamed the town for not cult hunting the cult they were
not explicitly told about
. Fuck "hints" or "subtle clues" or anything of the like. If there is a cult in your game, you better damned well put in your signup thread
There is a cult in this game.
If you have limited reveal or hidden flips in your game, you better damned well put in your signup thread
This game is limited reveal/has hidden flips.
If you don't want to give the specific element away, you better damned well put in your signup thread
There are elements to this game that are considered bastard modding.
In bold, like that.

- Final point: The error on the wiki was a huuuuge fucking deal and you just brush it off like "Whatever, dudes." No. That is something that completely and 100% changes the strategizing and metagaming of the overall game. Knowing IC don't need to live to win vs. knowing IC does need to live puts a different spin on things like bussing, fakeclaims, kill choices and overall daytime interactions. The fact that we went as long as we did under the pretense that ICs dying meant game over for them is utterly ridiculous, and right there compromised the integrity of this game.

P-Edit: No, he's not backtracking. It might be shit play, and it might be really really bad and make her an idiot - it's still not playing against her wincon.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:12 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

No. Outing your scum buddies is NOT playing to win... under ANY circumstances. You are not gonna change my mind on this; don't try.

And no, I didn't brush off the wiki thing. I recognized and admitted multiple times that it was quite an error, and was pretty unfortunate.

If I'm a childish, immature, raging dickbag for pointing out fallacies in what people say, then fine.... I guess that's exactly what I am.

Also, you read the wiki before the game. You knew the IC existed. You knew there were 6 factions. Yes, longer game = more balanced.

No-flips have been discussed already, it's been a foregone conclusion that IC shoulda flipped. You're a bit late to the convo on that one.

As for the cult thing, stop complaining about Blackest Night already (and a 1-shot *reversible* recruit ability is not equal to a cult, lol)
Show

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:06 am

Post by camn »

RC:
Why not just do what Agar said (to a point), and warn people that there "may be Bastard elements in your games"?

I liked this game.
I don't mind weird stuff.

But some people don't like that stuff... And they should get to choose, no?

I don't think the setup details are the problem... Just thefact that nobody likes to be surprised, right?
Plus, if you say that, that a game may include bastard elements, then it really is a free for all, and nobody can complain after!

Arguing about whether or not your games are bastard is dumb. If all these peolple say they are, they are.
Just warn people next time!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

camn wrote:I don't think the setup details are the problem... Just thefact that nobody likes to be surprised, right?
Plus, if you say that, that a game may include bastard elements, then it really is a free for all, and nobody can complain after!

Arguing about whether or not your games are bastard is dumb. If all these peolple say they are, they are.
Just warn people next time!

Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 7:05 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I forgot about the whole LETTING-ME-PLAY-GATE. I don't know why that is being brought up - I think I did an excellent job of playing the game well and respectfully.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Andrius »

AGar wrote:- Antagonizing players who are pointing out re-iterated flaws in your setup only makes you look childish, immature and like a raging dickbag. You say AGM and MoI's tunes would have changed if their faction had won. Maybe they would have changed if their factions
had a shot to win
. This was already discussed in the dead QT - you crippled the scum factions, especially if they operated under the guise that IC loses if a member died. The fact that any player saw it optimal to
out their scumbuddy
to avert is suboptimal setup design, and makes it impossible for scum to actually come to a win. ESPECIALLY considering the mole didn't have to live to win from either faction AND the IC had a 1-shot recruit. Knowing that, IC's best possible course of action would be Night Rider-IC to out his team on D1, Skull Crusher IC to out his team on D2, recruit a town player, and there's a bunch of shit flying around already. IC induces complete and utter chaos, and scumteams are decimated. Two fell swoops. Done, and done.

Also, RC, you're the one who brought this up in HP development. How people were complaining. So I came by. Sorry if I didn't know you expected me to not speak freely.
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 10:55 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Relevant part in the below post is in
red

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p2857175
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2869961

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Metropolis: Revisited
, presented by
ReaperCharlie

You are at an amusement park in the downtown area of a large city called Metropolis. This is the fourth in a series of Mafia games which take place in the Metropolis universe; the first was run on another Mafia site with a very similar theme. Two gangs called the Skull-Crushers and the Night Riders have been terrorizing the patrons of the amusement park, and fighting over their turf. The Skull-Crushers are a gothic gang with chains and black hair, and the Night Riders are a biker gang with leather and spikes. The object of the game is save yourself and the rest of the Citizens, and root out the gang members and kill them off before they have a chance to hurt you and any of your friends! Beware, however. There are many dangers that await you in the heart of the Big City, so watch your back!

Players:
24 players
Modded by:
ReaperCharlie
Backups:
SpyreX, Percy
Reviewers:
SpyreX, Percy

Game Prerequisites:

- Three or more completed theme games
-
Experience with non-Normal mechanics

- Good references from past moderators
- Sufficient activity levels in past games
- Being "on my good side" in general
- Special cases may be accepted; ask.

Pre-/ins are being accepted now.

Just add yourself on the wiki page.

That indication, coupled with the glut of information on the wiki, is plenty adequate in my opinion to warn players that they are getting into a game with non-Normal mechanics. If you played Blackest Night, you knew full well what you may or may not be getting into, so I have absolutely zero sympathy for you. And if you didn't play Blackest Night and didn't know what you could be getting into, and then played this game and realize you don't like my style of games... well... *shrug* ... Not much I can do about it.

But I had a lot of fun with all of you guys, and I loved modding this game. :)

Hope those who are interested will join next time, too!

Next games I'm running are Mass Effect Mafia and Harry Potter Mafia, both links are in my sig.
esuriospiritus and Umbrage are co-mods on Mass Effect, and Andrius is the co-mod on HP Mafia.

Anyway, see y'all. I still gotta post those surveys, sorry. I'll get to that soon.

-RC
Show

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by camn »

Ha!

ITT RC can't take the heat! :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

ITT, people overreact for no good reason.
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”