Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hired to kill himself...suicide? That makes no sense. SBBF is saying nothing about that. Hrmmmmm
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:I am Arya Stark, the Town Vigilante.
There's something wrong with this claim. Just take a look here:
Eddard Stark wrote:
Welcome to A Clash of Kings Mafia, Faraday

You are
Jon Snow, Innocent Aligned
. You're like on the wall and fucking up others so are too busy to do anything of note. You also, surprisingly enough brought oral sex beyond the wall, so I guess 'you know nothing Jon Snow' wasn't all that accurate, was it?

Abillites:

Vote
- During the Day phase your vote counts as 1 towards the majority required.

So you're basically a vanilla townie.

Win Condition
: You win when the scum are dead and the kingdom is a safe(ish) place to live in.
So lookee here. He claimed "Town Vigilante". However, nobody is in here as "town", they're here as "Innocent Aligned".
Also, "I have a sharp sword". That's terrible, especially in a paraphrase. I don't understand why he would put it like that. Sounds like a bad fakeclaim.
Lynch please.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Rifka Viveka »

I agree that the claim looks bogus. I get the feeling he copy pasted his SK flavour and changed the name to town vig. Thats why the mod was pissed at him, or he copied a fake claim

Vote SSBF
Winter is coming.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Votecount 3.9 The '
"I pay the iron price. I will take my crown, as Urron Redhand did five thousand years ago. "
' votecount.

Super Smash Bros. Fan (5) -
Unsight, Macavitar, Hasdgfas, Vezokpiraka, Rifka Viveka

Vezokpiraka (2) -
Benmage, RichardGHP

Unsight (1)
MagnaOfIllusion

Rifka Viveka (1)
Locke Lamora

CSL (1)
xvart

Not Voting (7)-
Mikujin, Axelrod, CSL, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Mina, Diddin, Thor655

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Thread title has been changed to something more appropriate! :D
Deadline for today is Wednesday August 11th @ 6:30 EST. here

War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by diddin »

Has brings up a good point, and at this time I can't deny how scummy SSBF has been.
Vote: SSBF
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Benmage »

Rifka Viveka wrote:I agree that the claim looks bogus. I get the feeling he copy pasted his SK flavour and changed the name to town vig. Thats why the mod was pissed at him, or he copied a fake claim

Vote SSBF
Sooo you think Arya would be an SK?

I think he could've copied a fake claim. Although when dana and raiv fake claimed they made sure to say innocent alinged, thor and locke did not. (Granted neither did percy). SSBF doesn't either.

As far as SSBF is so scummy...I thought the lead scum check against him was his wierd relation to Raiv, which now is null if we believe him to be the SK. I'm so torn, but Hacked to pieces sounds impossible for Arya.

unvote vote SSBF
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Benmage »

Attention there is no need to rush this day early. If more people pile on SSBF please bring him to L-1, but don't rush the hammer.

Still want to do a few things in life, for I fear this may be my last day :cry: .
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Meh. I was pushed along to a lynch once for claiming single shot vig when my role was one shot vig. I'm pretty neutral on the town vs. innocent thing as a scumtell.

No one likes pet SK?
No one believes possibility of Vig?

SSBF is at L-2, just fyi to the vote train.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Benmage »

Thor665 wrote: No one likes pet SK?
No one believes possibility of Vig?
I am so torn here....We going to kill a guy whose NK'd 2 scum?? I almost think we should give him another night.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Forsooth and verily sayeth I. (for the third time now.)
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Rifka Viveka »

The thing is for me, two full vigilantes seems impossible on the same alignment. What i just realized i dont know if there is two full claimed vigs...also difference between now and d1 when i wanted to keep vig claim alive, is now theres people i dont want getting shot if he is lying and spites us

unvote
got plenty of time to think here
Winter is coming.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Rifka Viveka »

I had her pegged as a possible SK character from my initial read through on SOIAF wiki.
Winter is coming.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by diddin »

It's obvious scum have full-blown fakeclaims, wouldn't be surprised if the SK did too.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Benmage »

Rifka Viveka wrote:
I had her pegged as a possible SK character from my initial read through on SOIAF wiki.
Having her aligned against Robb Stark, Jon Snow. Yeah right.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Rifka Viveka »

I cant even remember who those are. I only glanced through some of the characters, after the mod said flavour wouldnt matter much...that has certainly played out. I dont recall her as some hero though
Winter is coming.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Rifka Viveka »

And why not? Is it that farfetched that luke skywalker would be a SK\Sith Lord? To most, yes. To me, a star wars book fan, it could be perfectly rationalised.

It really looks to me, very suspicious about this flavour+claim presentation. i dont know if its a mafia fake claiming or a SK partial claiming, but i know it looks off
Winter is coming.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Looking at Unsight, I found something very, very interesting:

Post 1151: This is Unsight looking at the dana wagon, going over people's reasons for voting.
Looking at a couple things from the post:
Unsight wrote:It's really easy to see the people actually putting a case forward versus the blatant wagon-ers especially toward the end.
I mentioned something about this earlier in the game, and still find it to be a strange comment to make. What I didn't notice before was how the comment interacted with this comment just afterwards in the post:
Unsight wrote:I will support a danakillsu lynch, but not until the last 3 people explain what they're doing and why.
she(he?) had said nothing about dana previously, yet says that she would support a dana lynch, but admonishes those in the game who voted for dana with no reasoning. I feel this is incredibly hypocritical, especially because I don't remember seeing any reasons for voting for dana once she did end up voting. It just seems to be following the town, and looks like blatant bussing.
She mentions this in her ISO 25, but doesn't really refute the claim of Thor that she's doing exactly what she was attacking.

Now, Unsight, could you please point out your reasons for voting for dana from your ISO in the case that I might have missed them?
Otherwise, it looks like massive hypocrisy, and feels incredibly scummy to me.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by xvart »

First: props to the mods for the hilarious title.

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Since I'm the most likely person to die today, I might as well claim:
I am Arya Stark, the Town Vigilante. I watched my father die and escaped to the wilderness. I was wild enough whe maids and septas tried to put me in dresses, but I have since gone feral. I have a sharp sword.

I am able to kill every Night and if successful, the person will die.

Night 1, I killed Raivann. I knew that he was lying about his claim and since I was the most suspicious of him, I decided that he needed to die. Night 2, I killled I doubt it due to gut feelings that he was scum. Something about him really didn't sit well with me.
I for one do not believe the claim. First, the AtE in the first sentence. Then, the whole I am able to kill every night and if successful, the person will die? No kidding? Sounds like some fluff added in to make it more credible. I suppose hacked to pieces could fit flavor wise, but it doesn't feel right. Are any of the people that die in the book by Arya's sword are hacked up? Arya seems more like the precision over brute force. From what I remember she is more of a one and done sort of sword fighter. I'm thinking more of a Mountain that Rides flavor.
Thor665 wrote:
Mina wrote:Rifka, why did you light a candle for yourself?
This question is full of win with sprinkles. I think only myself and maybe one other player (Benmage?) even had Rifka on our 5-6 names we would be okay with investigating lists. Also, she's certainly felt like she was drifting in the middle of the pack overall as far as people's town/scum take on her. I'm not sure what prompted her trying to lead a charge for her own investigation.
This is a valid observation; especially the point about only being on two people's short list. I'll have to go back and read Rifka in ISO since Rifka hasn't really been on my radar.

I don't know how I feel about the whole Unsight/Benmage interaction, but I definitely think Unsight is looking scummier. Some interesting things have been pointed out.

Note: I have a couple doctor's appointments this week with a possible shoulder surgery on the horizon, so my posting will be less frequent with a possible short V/LA on the horizon.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Benmage »

Arya used Needle, a tiny little dagger that couldn't hack anything to pieces. She's 9 yrs old for cryin out load. It's a fakeclaim.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Thor665 »

At least from a fluff perspective I now better understand your and cow's issues.

We have already established fakeclaims are almost assuredly part of scum's repertoire. I see no reason the same wouldn't apply for an SK.

You're basically trying to outguess the mod at this point. If he made it the fakeclaim the mod probably thought of it as at least a functional fake claim. Yes? I'm not sure I'd want to lynch on flavor suspicion alone.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Two town vigs makes me wary. The flavour would definitely make more sense for Gregor Clegane. No-one Arya kills ought to be listed as hacked to pieces. All in all, SSBF is pretty much an SK. Can't we have him kill Vezo?

SSBF: I assume you're not familiar with the books.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:03 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Why?
I don't want to die.
SSBF is clearly the SK. He won't do what we tell him cause we can always lynch him and win. He can't win with the town.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:19 am

Post by Macavitar »

Overnight page explosion. I've only skimmed so far, but if SSBF really shot two scum then we should just keep him around and direct his kill for now. I think he's probably an SK, but useful.

SSBF, what DO you say to shooting vezo tonight?

Also,

Unvote, Vote: Unsight

@miku - I'll come to you later today when I get some time. Apparently my ginormous ego isn't finished with you yet.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:30 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Why would SSBF do that?
I mean he can't win with the town why would he accept rders from it?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

For two reasons.

1. He was telling the truth and is the Vig - in this case he wants to help town win.

2. He's the SK and wants us to believe he's the Vig - in this case he's hoping he'll get us to trust him.

In neither situation does it help him if he doesn't kill who we ask because he knows we'll kill him. Do you have any pressing evidence that shows we should kill him today or that you shouldn't die tonight? Because I'm missing it, so you probably should try to point it out.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”