Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by Haylen »

Mastin wrote:All things considered, it's amazing I was as calm as I was, Pine. What would YOU do if you were at L-1, had absolutely zero content, was not caught up, had no fakeclaim, and had a person threatening to hammer you in less than six hours? When they specifically say that "give me more time?" wouldn't stop them? Yeah, you'd not keep calm, either.

I would personally try iso them and make a well worded case because anybody who wants to lynch a replacement that much without giving them time to post is obvious scum - if not they're bad town and really need to be lynched anyway as they'd cause problems later in the game. Oh I'd also make my first post an awesome fakeclaim, a town power role, something rare like one-shot redirector. Nobody lynches you when you claim PR it'll make the guy intending on hammering do a massive double take. Who would risk hammering a claimed power role when they're already making themselves seem silly by wanting to hammer a replacement? It would draw attention to them massively if they're scum and no townie would hammer that.

It would be even awesome if the power role you fakeclaim is 'confirmable' too, like when I got away with claiming Vig in one of Zach's games ages ago then said I got blocked during mylo night.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Wow, so happy with this game. Flawless scum victory!

As pine mentioned earlier our plan was to get rid of any opposing night-killing roles and survive until endgame using safe and solid town-seeming day-play, and the plan worked perfectly (a rarity in mafia). I think pine claiming miller was a great move - I have believed for a while now that this is an underused scum-ploy as miller claims are hardly ever questioned, and they generally survive very far in to games, if not in to lylo itself as was the case here.

It must be said we did get lucky a few times, most notably with the marvel faction cop dying night 1. We were also lucky in that so few town players were playing proactively, and the ones that were (for example MoI) were essentially leading town down the garden path. In fact I joked in the scum thread that MoI should be considered an honorary mafiate for all the mislynches he lead! (sorry if that sounds mean moi)

Anyway GG, good team.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Pine »

Mastin, some cooks use a pinch of spice for flavor, or a dash if they want to emphasize it. When you get backed into a corner and feel like you have to prove something, which tends to only happen when you're scum, you upend the spice jar entirely. It's a personal scumtell of yours. Fortunately, I think it involuntary, so I don't mind telling you.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1701, ThAdmiral wrote:It must be said we did get lucky a few times, most notably with the marvel faction cop dying night 1. We were also lucky in that so few town players were playing proactively, and the ones that were (for example MoI) were essentially leading town down the garden path. In fact I joked in the scum thread that MoI should be considered an honorary mafiate for all the mislynches he lead! (sorry if that sounds mean moi)

Heh, Funny.

Well when you have enough Daymillers in Town making it impossible to effectively scum-hunt since their player was completely terrible it does make a Mafian's life easy, huh.

Don't pat yourself on the back ThAd. Honestly you didn't exactly have 'Solid Town play'. You just were never under fire because you weren't Furcolow level awful.

And Furc - you are a VI. Don't ever complain about how you are underrated. You are among the top 5 worst players on site.

Thank god this is over.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by Pine »

Don't pat yourself so hard on the back either, MoI. If you'd done any better, we'd have killed you way, way before we did. The fact that a Townie of your caliber survived so deep is an indicator of how off your own game you were.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1703, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Don't pat yourself on the back ThAd. Honestly you didn't exactly have 'Solid Town play'. You just were never under fire because you weren't Furcolow level awful.

You're right in that we didn't necessarily play well, but the town played really bad. Basically all we needed to do was not make an extravagant slip, and we didn't.

Still, we didn't lose a single member in a 24 player game. I'm going to pat myself on the back for that thank-you-very-much.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 5:19 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1704, Pine wrote:Don't pat yourself so hard on the back either, MoI. If you'd done any better, we'd have killed you way, way before we did. The fact that a Townie of your caliber survived so deep is an indicator of how off your own game you were.

Well what can I say ... when I'm surrounded by Town doing their best to insure that scum aren't suspected there is only so much I can do.

I'm not going to take crap for leading lynches on players who were very scummy. In this case they simply didn't turn out to be scum.

Furc is a prime example ... he managed to get himself lynched the last day despite the fact you were basically Mod confirmed scum. Don't have any illusions it was your defense. Anyone with a brain for Mafia knew you were scum. In fact if Syndrome hadn't derped it up with his claim we would have had you in Snake's place and gone from their.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by Pine »

That's why we excised the Town of people who couldn't be manipulated.

Why do Town always blame the weak links when they lose badly, instead of respecting the scum for identifying, subtly protecting, and manipulating those they
want
to bring to endgame? I'm well aware that I was incredibly obvscum this last day. It was painful. I made some serious mistakes, and my claim was wearing very thin. However, I brought three people with me who were even worse, and waited for one of them to fall into our trap.

Quit bitching.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by Pine »

In other words, it wasn't my
defense
that won the day, it was my
offense

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Post by UberNinja »

I feel like the endgame banter/chatter is quite useful. Thanks, guys. I look forward to playing with some of you.
Zeek
Zeek
Goon
Zeek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:24 am

Post by Zeek »

I knew pine and thad were scummy...my third pick was off. Regardless, I have had a rough month. I would have replaced out if it weren't for the fact that we were so close to the end, giving my slot over to a new player would have been disastrous.

Pine played solid.

I never gave haylen enough attention, as when he replaced in my life started going down the drain.

Thad...there was always something false about you...i noticed it since day 1. I am not very versed in the ways of scumhunting, so I don't have any advice for you...

I think you were too reserved.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:34 am

Post by Pine »

That was my assessment of ThAd as well. I mean, it was colored by my knowledge that he was in fact scum*, but his overtly cautious behavior seemed like a little red flag all game. no one else seemed to notice, so I paid it no mind and didn't bring it up in our QT. Aside from that, he was perhaps MVP, as if I'd made a mistake and possibly brought Haylen with me, I think he'd have pulled it off all the way to the end.

*This is the same sort of thing that makes the Dead QT always decry how obvious the scum are, when in fact they're doing a good job.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 10:55 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I was never really forced to defend myself or pressured to change my playstyle all game. Towards the end I flew under the radar hardcore. Unfortunately that's really effective as scum, especially when there are people like syndrome and furc literally throwing themselves into being lynches.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 11:11 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I will be running a 17 Player WWE theme coming soon! Anyone wants to pre-in let me know, here or PM. I enjoyed this game, however yes, it did drag at times.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 11:49 am

Post by Pine »

Really, the key to this game was in the first few game days. We started with a really nice roster of Townies as well as THREE opposing sources of night kills, most of those controlled by people who knew what they were doing. The challenge level would have ratcheted up in a big way had we not swiftly gotten rid of them. That accomplishment, rather than our late-game, is what was actually difficult.

I love when the Dead QT thinks I'm obvscum. It shows that who I mislynched and nightkilled were the right targets.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Moneybags »

Dang. Good game haha. I lost track towards the end, but still good game.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Scum played well, I think. They kept players that were beneficial to them around, and they neutralized threats pretty handily.

Props especially to Pine. He didn't respond to my case against him at all, and let others fight the good fight for him instead. That ended up in me losing a lot of traction since it wasn't someone who I felt was obvscum responding to the case, and I ended up giving up a hell of a lot earlier than I would have.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
DRey
DRey
Goon
DRey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by DRey »

I don't think mafia played well. Pine and Haylen we're pretty obvious imho. The thing is, there was no way I would lynch LMP, Thad and Zeek before Furc (and mafia would NEVER NK him). There was no way town could win this game, so I decided lynching him first was the correct choice from a "time" standpoint. Lynching Pine and Haylen would have got us nowhere in the end because of Furc, so I have no regrets.

Town this game sucked. In fact this is one of the worst town I've ever seen in my whole life. Are the players in this game are indicative of MS overall playskill? Furc, Snake and Pizza particularly got under my skin.

@SOD why didn't you revealed the site you played mafia before?

Thanks to the mod and all the players for the not-so awesome game.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ Jason: a big yes to WWE mafia, I'll actually know some of the flavor for that one.

Also forgot to thank you for hosting an extremely well handled game that had to survive not only a higher-than-usual amount of replacements but also a mid-game mafiawide meltdown. Big props.
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Post by syndromeofadown »

In post 1717, DRey wrote:@SOD why didn't you revealed the site you played mafia before?
I'm pretty sure I told you in thread. I can't be bothered to dig up games from 3+ years ago from various sites... you really have no idea how much of a hassle that would be to me. And to be honest I never really considered your attacks on me a threat worth the effort to counter.

I'm disappointed in how bitter the town seems to be. Yes, we sucked and I'm not proud of the way I played this game at all from beginning till end, but that's still no reason to knock the scum or try and discredit their win. All three players making it out alive in a 25 player game is impressive no matter how you slice it.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Post by Haylen »

Drunk post was still real <_<

Yep. Overshot on the stupidity scale.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 2:22 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

In post 1713, jasonT1981 wrote:I will be running a 17 Player WWE theme coming soon! Anyone wants to pre-in let me know, here or PM. I enjoyed this game, however yes, it did drag at times.

Pre me in please. As long as I don't get Swanton'd by a Hardy this time please.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 3:35 am

Post by KageLord »

lol only one I caught was ThAd. Didn't really follow the game but surprised that Pine made it to lylo with a miller claim...
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 6:18 am

Post by LimMePls »

Town that voted Furc in endgame should go DIAF and never play mafia again. Unreal.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 6:24 am

Post by LimMePls »

In post 1717, DRey wrote:I don't think mafia played well. Pine and Haylen we're pretty obvious imho. The thing is, there was no way I would lynch LMP, Thad and Zeek before Furc (and mafia would NEVER NK him). There was no way town could win this game, so I decided lynching him first was the correct choice from a "time" standpoint. Lynching Pine and Haylen would have got us nowhere in the end because of Furc, so I have no regrets.

Town this game sucked. In fact this is one of the worst town I've ever seen in my whole life. Are the players in this game are indicative of MS overall playskill? Furc, Snake and Pizza particularly got under my skin.

@SOD why didn't you revealed the site you played mafia before?

Thanks to the mod and all the players for the not-so awesome game.

This is quite simply GOD AWFUL logic. "I didn't lynch the 100% scum because if this 90% scum guy over here isn't scum we lose anyways". WORST LOGIC OF ALL TIME. NEWSFLASH - KILL THE SCUM.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”