Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

What made you go gah, Nikanor?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Nikanor »

In post 1700, Albert B. Rampage wrote:What made you go gah, Nikanor?

Don't tell me you've forgotten the argument about whether DLA saying Gah was a scumtell.
I wish I had known that I was the kill/protect target n1, it would have definitely made me look at you a lot harder Albert.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:23 am

How could you have known?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:28 am

Post by Nikanor »

If our doctor was able to claim I'd have known!
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:55 am

Post by shos »

Woah. nice play scum - but really, I am in AWE that neither beck nor hopkirk nor hiplop are scum. I mean, seriously, WUT. terrible play as town vs very good play by scum.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:04 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I think scum catching the cop night 1 through tracking is what could have turned the game, things could have been different after. Also, when Albert hammered the cop without waiting for a claim I thought this is it for him.

The Auto vote count proved to have some teething problems at the start however that got ironed out. I want to make a point clear though. Just because I was using a auto vote count did NOT mean I was not paying attention or to quote one
VERY
abusive private message.

at a mod who seemingly does not give a shit about his game

It is used as a tool to help the mod... not to replace the mod. All votes are still manually verified by myself to make sure the vote count is correct. Yes, mods DO miss votes, it happens and we try to fix them ASAP.

Some of the conduct was a bit OTT at times and warnings were issued. Some people again thought I was doing nothing about what was going on. This was not true, every issue I felt needed dealing with, or was reported to me was dealt with in
private
and not public so as not to impact the game.

Anyway, scum played great, and I could honestly feel the frustration creeping into town, and scum played off that well.

I am running a large theme, that is in signups if anyone wants to join. The theme is you could be anyone... and by that I mean anyone from any time or profession, real life or TV/movie character. It is a sequel to the 2012 game I ran. All of you are invited to join :)

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59164

Once again well done to scum in winning.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:08 am

Post by TierShift »

Hiplop was town? :(

Just follow my reads next time, dammit.
Can I get some feedback from the scumteam?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:14 am

Who are you? Mantis? ^
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:53 am

Post by TierShift »

Eek.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:33 am

Post by Rob14 »

Beck, there's a difference between not having time to do massive wall battles and not playing the game to wincon. Either way, you're on my blacklist now. The fact that you're still holding onto a bs claim like that is evidence enough that your maturity is less than I would want in my games.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Rob14 »

Personally, I dislike auto VCs and avoid them but Jason did a fine job modding
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:37 am

Post by hiplop »

Great job tool.

Yeah I lost motivation because of beck. Sorry guys.
third best scummer of all time
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1711, hiplop wrote:Great job tool.

Yeah I lost motivation because of beck. Sorry guys.

Don't blame me, your contribution was horrible day 1 also, and day 1 I was relatively quiet.

Plus all I did was try to lynch dark, who was scum. Guess you should have sheeped me.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1709, Rob14 wrote:Beck, there's a difference between not having time to do massive wall battles and not playing the game to wincon. Either way, you're on my blacklist now. The fact that you're still holding onto a bs claim like that is evidence enough that your maturity is less than I would want in my games.

You admitted to intentionally not putting any effort into the game. That's admitting you aren't playing to win. Nobody said you had to engage in wall battles.

I don't care if you blacklist me, that just shows how immature you are. I was attacked for correctly thinking hop's hammer wasn't lynch worthy, I called out your bs case on hop, I correctly identified dark scum, and I didn't back down.

That's great play. Arguments/disagreements happen, from what I can tell, they happen a lot. If you don't like that, mafia really isn't the game for you...
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:00 am

Post by Rob14 »

Beck, you don't get to decide whether playing with you was enjoyable. Whether you were right or not doesn't influence whether people can tolerate your personality. For me and apparently hiplop, the experience was thoroughly unenjoyable.

And it's not intentional to become busy. I guess I should have dropped out of college to have more time to devote to this? Is it against site rules to devote time to homework before mafia? You're being thick.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:27 am

Post by Beck »

You only said you were busy later, had you originally said you were busy with college, you wouldnt have heard a peep from me. Being honest is the key.

I'm sorry if I made the game unenjoyable, I was actually working on that, but the BS day 2 just escalated and I was being attacked for things I knew were factually correct. Policy lynching hop for his hammer wasn't going to happen without a fight, because only scum would do something that bad.

But like I said in the rage quitting thread, blacklisting cause of 1 bad game is dumb. You think I'm not going to learn from this game. I already said I'm trying to improve my play, so of course I'm going to improve (hopefully )
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:48 am

Post by hiplop »

you completely and entirely sucked basically all enjoyment
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:57 am

Even for scum it was tedious
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:57 am

Post by Beck »

I'm sorry if trying to lynch dark (who was scum), tried to protect a townie from getting mislynched, pressured my scum reads, and defended myself sucked the enjoyment out of the game. I was under the impression that's how the game is played. I guess inshould just be useless and shit post like you did next time right?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:04 am

Are you sorry about acting pompous and self-entitled?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Beck »

Don't think I was but ok, I'm sorry for that too
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Shame nobody wanted to lynch Darklight or Alberto. At least my top two picks were right.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Rob14 »

Beck, the thing is, you don't know what goes on in others' lives. I never said I was purposefully doing nothing or anything of the sort. Further, even if I had, you have no business clogging up the thread with wild exclamations of a breach of site rules and saying I should be banned. Hint hint: Not everyone wants to share everything that's going on in real life, and I also as a rule don't make excuses for inactivity. If I'm less active than normal, then that's that. Not to mention the calls of rule breaking relating to wanting to no lynch were equally absurd.

There's two distinct reasons to blacklist someone.

1) Playstyle related. Something like doing dumb gambits (claiming cop as town and using it to lynch someone, etc.) or breaking site rules in a way that ruins a game draws this type of blacklist. This type of blacklist should require a pattern of gameplay, unless it's hugely game-breakingly severe.

2) Personality related. Something like ... well, what you did. Abrasive, personal or abusive, pompous and self-entitled as Albert said, and in general someone that's not fun to play with. This doesn't go by "number of games", at least for me. It goes by a threshold. Whenever I pass my threshold of tolerance to the point where I think "Man, I really don't think I can play with this person and enjoy it", then I blacklist for personality reasons. Sometimes this type of blacklist is at no fault of the person that I blacklist - sometimes we're just really incompatible and just don't get along in a way that I find hard to overcome and find enjoyment. In that case, I would only blacklist from games that I play in (meaning I would just not sign up for games they're in). Other times, like in this case, it's the result of abusive behavior or a toxic personality that sucks all fun out of life, which is when I, as a mod, decide my game would be far better without that player.

Note that, while I've thought out criteria for my blacklist quite a bit, it's not long. My permanent blacklist now, including Beck, consists of three people (meaning people who are on there for the above reasons - additionally, I have a general rule of thumb that if you replace out of one of my games, I won't let you join another one of my games until the first completes for obvious reasons). One is for a combination of gameplay and personality reasons and the other two are strictly personality reasons. Luckily, our site administration is awesome, so I normally don't have to worry about blacklisting for gameplay stuff - they tend to ban repeat offenders who break site rules pretty rapidly.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:01 am

Post by TierShift »

Beck, no one is giving you shit for being wrong. Neither should they credit you for being right. You were obnoxious, abrasive, spamposting, repeating yourself over and over and demoralizing. Even now you're doing that. Mafia is a team game.

Why did everyone think tool was town?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:07 am

Post by hiplop »

beck only person on my blacklist

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”