Newbie 2114: Life Imitates Art...in Memes! -- End

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:44 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I kinda forgot what I was tryong to prove by doing that though. Whoops.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:49 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1719, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1717, Kanna wrote:
In post 1426, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1421, Kanna wrote:
In post 1418, DragonEater70 wrote: Then why are you scumreading me? I thought it was for limming Alisae, now I'm confused.
i'm scumreading you for reasons mentioned in the first part of my . in other words,
Spoiler:
In post 1242, Alisae wrote: I genuinely think is Dragon using his status as the informed minority to his advantage here.
Being able to identify how many wolves are on a wagon is not even something that most players I play with in my games can identify correctly, or would even bother to do.

I think he is using the fact that he knows all of the answers to his advantage here. I think that thought is generated to try to make Dragons look townier but I don't think he is using that thought to be right and I think the simple answer for why he's spitting that out is because his wolf partner is Kanna and there actually are 2 wolves on wagon.

Which I fully agree with.
except replace kanna with patch. and then it's perfect
Huh.
I think you both are reading way too much into what I was saying. It IS possible there were 0 scum on the D1 wagon for instance, I just think it would've been very weird for that to happen, because the way I see it (in general, not just this game) scum have to WORK in order to get town to miselim, and I thought the person who worked hardest to get Aureal limmed was actually Alisae.
But now I'm realizing that's not even true because I was telling Alisae that they were avoiding the Aureal wagon in .

Anyway the point was that I was speculating two scum on the wagon, I didn't know it, it just made sense to me because I knew 2 town off the wagon for sure so it felt highly unlikely that both scum were just off wagon and letting us tear each other apart.
But evidently it is a possibility because Aureal V Alisae ended up being TvT.
this was your response. i think i understand this one? if i'm understanding correctly, it's like you thought there was probably a wolf on wagon because most people were town off wagon and on wagon it was probably alisae? if that's the case, i feel like the normal way people would think to type this would be "i think it's alisae because they were pushing the lim" and not go through the loophole of doing wagon analysis and stuff. idk, it doesn't seem natural &_& let me think on this one for a bit again
Yeah I guess it sounds more natutal/soft that way but when I play Mafia I don't always say things in a neutral soft way.
I'll try to find the link shortly but in my first game here when I was town I admitted that I had conceded a point and then went back to chase it again. It probably doesn't sound the most genuine but it's what I did anyway.
Oh I guess I was trying to explain that I don't always come off very natural sounding even as town.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:53 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1714, Kanna wrote: now for the things i find scummy about you, dragon. i have rehabilitated myself and i will try to give you the benefit of the doubt, however i will still point out the things here i can't quite explain

the tmi thing. this was alisae's case back on d2
In post 1242, Alisae wrote: I genuinely think is Dragon using his status as the informed minority to his advantage here.
Being able to identify how many wolves are on a wagon is not even something that most players I play with in my games can identify correctly, or would even bother to do.

I think he is using the fact that he knows all of the answers to his advantage here. I think that thought is generated to try to make Dragons look townier but I don't think he is using that thought to be right and I think the simple answer for why he's spitting that out is because his wolf partner is Kanna and there actually are 2 wolves on wagon.

for reference, this was your original post:
In post 1208, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1186, patchwork wrote: don't wanna believe it's alisae because i liked their playstyle but now i'm gonna have to give that slot some second though
It is Alisae.
The evidence is this:
Both Andante and Aureal weren't voting Aureal, so there was at least 1 scum on the wagon. I honestly think it was 2, because if Aureal was indeed town then there's really no reason to suspect Elpis, and very little reason to suspect bewollt.
So again, probably 2 scum on the wagon, and it's not me or Kawaii. From your POV it's not you either so ot must be Alisae and Kanna.
Furthermore, Alisae was seriously powerwolfing yesterday ever since she joined. I can't believe she's a VT after she led this miselim. That would require us to have thw most passive mafia that ever existed, and I kinda doubt that.
Third point, mafia killed Andante who was the main person suspecting Alisae.
i still feel this is extremely weird -- i don't consider myself stupid but i couldn't understand this at the time and reading back now, i'm still not sure i do.

Aureal (5): Alisae, KawaiiKame, Kanna, DragonEater70, patchwork -- ELIM
Kanna (1): bewolkt
Alisae (1): Aureal

Not Voting (2): Elpis, Andante

so according to you, andante and aureal weren't voting aureal... um yes, but neither were bewo and elpis? how did you get to there was at least one scum on wagon? and then why would you say it was 2 and also there was little reason to suspect bewo? bewo wasn't related to aureal i think? the rest... idk i got lost again that i can't even ask questions anymore. i skimmed over it at the time, but after alisae pointed it out, i do think it makes the most sense you're actually wolf with tmi knowledge that there were 2 wolves on the wagon (which i would believe to be you/patch) and most of this is just word salad to at least put up a front that there are facts that alisae is likely wolf from the aureal lim. from a solving perspective, i don't think i could ever write up or even think to do something like this? it's way too weird and complicated
So this is not TMI. If anything it's too little infirmation :lol:.
Like I honestly don't understand how this can be construed as me having information which you guys don't. I tend to be very confident when I say things, so it seemed natural to me to say that I think there was at least 1 scum on the wagon. But you are right that it could've been Elpis and bewolkt. I mean right bow I know for sure that bewolkt was off wagon and was scum, so I was wrong. Therefore I had too little information, not too much.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:55 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I would like to ask you a sincere question Kanna, from townie to townie. Have you ever seen a "TMI slip" prove itself as a read? Or is reading it only something you've seen the pros doing so you are copying it?

Because in my first game for instance patch "TMI slipped" knowing that there wasn't a roleblocker, but he was VT. The real scum also TMI slipped kn the existence of a rolecop, except there wasn't even a rolecop in the setup. So I don't think these slips are indicative of anything at all.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:56 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1717, Kanna wrote:
In post 1426, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1421, Kanna wrote:
In post 1418, DragonEater70 wrote: Then why are you scumreading me? I thought it was for limming Alisae, now I'm confused.
i'm scumreading you for reasons mentioned in the first part of my . in other words,
Spoiler:

except replace kanna with patch. and then it's perfect
Huh.
I think you both are reading way too much into what I was saying. It IS possible there were 0 scum on the D1 wagon for instance, I just think it would've been very weird for that to happen, because the way I see it (in general, not just this game) scum have to WORK in order to get town to miselim, and I thought the person who worked hardest to get Aureal limmed was actually Alisae.
But now I'm realizing that's not even true because I was telling Alisae that they were avoiding the Aureal wagon in .

Anyway the point was that I was speculating two scum on the wagon, I didn't know it, it just made sense to me because I knew 2 town off the wagon for sure so it felt highly unlikely that both scum were just off wagon and letting us tear each other apart.
But evidently it is a possibility because Aureal V Alisae ended up being TvT.
this was your response. i think i understand this one? if i'm understanding correctly, it's like you thought there was probably a wolf on wagon because most people were town off wagon and on wagon it was probably alisae? if that's the case, i feel like the normal way people would think to type this would be "i think it's alisae because they were pushing the lim" and not go through the loophole of doing wagon analysis and stuff. idk, it doesn't seem natural &_& let me think on this one for a bit again
Yeah that's true
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:02 pm

Post by Kanna »

kanna brain go sleep tonight. i'll summarise everything for tomorrow

p-edit: that's not the same tmi slip i'm talking about exactly. it's like... how do i explain it, by playing with you, i have developed kind of a personality read on you -- i think as scum, i think you're very planned and calculated, and you'd plant seeds so you can bring them back up to suit you/make your thought processes towny. and you also want to be right as scum. i've noticed a lot of cases where you foreshadow things and now looking back, it seems kinda scary. also another example of this is you being conscious of your townslip and were willing to use that in an argument. it's like, weird. i'll discuss more about this tomorrow
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:04 pm

Post by Kanna »

i mean like your tmi slip isn't you slipping information you should only know as scum, it's using what you know to your advantage to seem more right. but town don't do this cause they don't know anything

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:07 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1731, Kanna wrote: kanna brain go sleep tonight. i'll summarise everything for tomorrow

p-edit: that's not the same tmi slip i'm talking about exactly. it's like... how do i explain it, by playing with you, i have developed kind of a personality read on you -- i think as scum, i think you're very planned and calculated, and you'd plant seeds so you can bring them back up to suit you/make your thought processes towny. and you also want to be right as scum. i've noticed a lot of cases where you foreshadow things and now looking back, it seems kinda scary. also another example of this is you being conscious of your townslip and were willing to use that in an argument. it's like, weird. i'll discuss more about this tomorrow
The problem with having a personality read on me Kanna, is you've never played with me as scum, so you wouldn't even know how I play as one!

As scum I win by sheer force of charisma, not by being cold and calculated. It's when I am town that I try to do anything resembling a calculation.

Also what do you mean that I foreshadowed things? This is really weird to me because I was actually quite thrown off by the results of both D1 and D2.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:08 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1732, Kanna wrote: i mean like your tmi slip isn't you slipping information you should only know as scum, it's using what you know to your advantage to seem more right. but town don't do this cause they don't know anything
Interesting take. Thing is I don't know anything you don't, except that bewolkt is scum.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:10 pm

Post by Kanna »

*sigh* for the first time today, i am townreading you a bit. but i do remember there was quite a lot of things to go through so i will do tomorrow.

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:06 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Guys
I think I was just exposed to OGI
Let me contact the mods about this weird fucking glitch
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:12 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Actually mod can you please redact my last post since it might be OGI in itself?
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:22 am

Post by Kanna »

i just woke up at midnight and remembered something. dragon, i am town and if you are town, this is the solve
In post 1549, bewolkt wrote: Would you guys be willing to vote Dragon? I also feel quite unsure of any solve but out of all possible scumpairs that I’m considering Dragon is in most of them
In post 1562, patchwork wrote: Can we vote Kanna they’re more influency

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:08 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

DragonEater70 is being replaced. Deadline is frozen until the replacement is found.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:52 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 1738, Kanna wrote: i just woke up at midnight and remembered something. dragon, i am town and if you are town, this is the solve
In post 1549, bewolkt wrote: Would you guys be willing to vote Dragon? I also feel quite unsure of any solve but out of all possible scumpairs that I’m considering Dragon is in most of them
In post 1562, patchwork wrote: Can we vote Kanna they’re more influency
If you're scum, which you probably are, it's bad to keep you around. Scum!You is more actively manipulative than Bewo, and Bewo's scumlurkign isn't that big of an issue.
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:52 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 1737, DragonEater70 wrote: Actually mod can you please redact my last post since it might be OGI in itself?
): bye dragon ):
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:53 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 1703, DragonEater70 wrote: Dude, I understand why Kanna's approach is appealing to you, but it's actually cunning manipulation. It's very very beautiful manipulation, of the type that gets someone to hug you as you stab thrm in the back, you know what I mean? Like the sirens who sing beautifully and then eat you.
yeah this is what i mean
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:56 am

Post by patchwork »

WAIT..... MAI......
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:57 am

Post by patchwork »

thanks dragon for that beautiful mental image
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:57 am

Post by patchwork »

okay i gotta go eat because i haven't ate since the morning and i'm starving so i'll continue catchign up later
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 1739, GuyInFreezer wrote:
DragonEater70 is being replaced. Deadline is frozen until the replacement is found.
now i’m sad @_¥

who will tell me i am beautifully manipulative now?

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Kanna »

i slept on it and i actually think this might be *really* correct this time.

like honestly, I think maybe I put too much faith into sheeping alisae and thinking maybe dragon did some scum slipping from aureal’s dying readlist as well (and both dead townies can’t be both wrong, right?) that I clouded my own vision. if I cast everything aside and make a split second read based on right now, i do townread the fact that dragon still had so much wim. I also townread the fact that he made such a big deal to not get voted as well, I think scum wouldn’t care *that* much?

and I townread this post. I like lamist to a certain extent. bewo *is* kinda only popping up at convenient moments as well
In post 1715, DragonEater70 wrote: Look I don't want to be LAMIST but Kanna if yoy ARE town (and this also applies to Elpis tbh), you gotta admit that I am TRYING to solve the game here, very very actively, and I know it is genuine though odk how it looks to you.
versus bewolkt which isn't trying to solve anything and is just deflecting everything back to me, and uses the excuse that they "know" I am scun from their POV so as not to even bring any evidence against me.
so I guess I am a hypocrite for saying don’t just random viberead for your final decision in elo but I’m feeling like it.

elpis, come check my working when you’re around!

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:45 am

Post by Kanna »

usually things just aren’t too on the nose and I think dragon/patch’s mutual trust probably means they’re not actually aligned and exposing themselves as a team is also probably dumb because they almost have to concede if they don’t lim a townie?

cause in a dragon/patch world, where dragon gets limmed, I am hard clear for not hammering bewo, elpis is also clearable so it’s just patch?

and I don’t believe scum would ever do that

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Kanna »

final answer: it must be patch/bewo then

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:58 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 1748, Kanna wrote: cause in a dragon/patch world, where dragon gets limmed, I am hard clear for not hammering bewo, elpis is also clearable so it’s just patch?
oh there’s also bewo who technically isn’t clear but is semi clear from play so patch is still always the right choice

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”