jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:41 pm

Post by jeep »

Where did QUERCITRON say the mafia have one-shot abilities, as well?

WHAT!?!?! I pointed this out.... *sigh* never mind.

-JEEP
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:08 am

Post by Antrax »

Jeepster, I missed when quer said it, and I thought you were merely speculating. I know, big oversight :oops:
Antrax
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:47 am

Post by jeep »

jeep wrote:
Also, in a game where the mafia can kill each night AND have one shot abilities (see post 2), it would ...

Yeah, big oversight, esp. when I pointed you to where Quercitron said it...

If I'm not already:
vote: Antrax

-JEEP
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:20 pm

Post by Antrax »

~shrugs~
You are already. You're also grossly mistaken. Re-reading the thread would reveal that I've repeatedly referred to "the mafia have one-shot abilities" as "speculation", and there's absolutely no reason for me to do it on pusrpose, seeing as it benefits exactly nobody. Get your head out of your arse and unvote me, you're barking up the wrong tree here. The fact I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm mafia.
Antrax
Samadhi
Samadhi
Townie
Samadhi
Townie
Townie
Location: What is A place where something is or could be located, Alex

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:40 am

Post by Samadhi »

My ability is that I can send someone a message at night. I have no idea how I was supposed to benefit from that.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:01 am

Post by Antrax »

Summary of players:

Antrax - claims ??? one-shot vest.
Dragon Phoenix
Jalyn
jeep - claims used one-time mayor. (used on Werebear?)
mith - claims unsued one-shot finding out if someone used his one-shot ability.
mole - claims unused one-shot doc.
Quailman - claims used one shot cop & Sofis is innocent.
Samadhi - claims ??? one-shot talking to someone at night.
Sofis - cleared by Quailman(?)

Now, since the mafia have one-shot abilities, I'd like to switch my
vote
to
Jeep
. His ability seems more useful to mafia to possess, and I don't believe he really thinks I deliberately overlooked Quercitron saying the mafia have abilities, when it doesn't benefit me in any way and I've explicitly asked 'hey, when did quercitron say that"? Seriously. That's just unbelievable. Yet, he voted for me even earlier on the day (after I hypothesised on the slow players being mafia), and it's possible he thought I'd make a good lynching target after catching a liar, but not a mafia. Also, it makes sense the game would have a one-shot doc, and I see nobody denouncing mole. The death scene description could mean we have a one-shot meddler, or something.
Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:02 am

Post by Antrax »

And now that I re-read my list, I realise that jeep is against players claiming roles, yet claimed his for no reason yesterday. Interesting.
Antrax
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:08 am

Post by mith »

Well, Antrax's role is believeable at least. While he is a total moron (:)), I'm not going to vote for him. Samadhi's role is believeable too, at least to me. Makes sense that there would be a few rather useless abilities (at least in appearance), and mine falls under that.

So,
Vote: jeep
, for voting for someone who claimed a role which is actually very easy to see in a game like this (I know I would've put it in, were I modding). Worst case, we lose someone that has already used his ability, and in a very odd manner.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:30 am

Post by jeep »

I realise that jeep is against players claiming roles, yet claimed his for no reason yesterday.

Are you just skipping over my posts? I "claimed" the role when I cast the deciding vote for Werebear on day 1. I then explained the no-lynch on day 2 so that you'd stop freaking out about that.

I actually think that you and mith are mafia in this game. That is why I'm voting for you. It's not because you disagree with me. It's because I think you are acting in a manner that is harmful to the town. See my previous posts for more details.

And Antrax, you are never an easy lynch. When you are mafia, you put a good spin on almost anything.

And finally, if I was mafia, why would I stop the lynching of a townsperson? I could hold my ability to save myself or a fellow mafia towards the end of the game.

-JEEP
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:33 am

Post by Quailman »

This game is taking a very long time. I will follow mith and
unvote: mole; vote: jeep
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:13 pm

Post by Antrax »

Are you just skipping over my posts? I "claimed" the role when I cast the deciding vote for Werebear on day 1. I then explained the no-lynch on day 2 so that you'd stop freaking out about that.

Aww, how kind, considering you're so opposed to role revalation. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. So even though you think it's bad for the town, you did it just so I'd feel better. Thanks!

I actually think that you and mith are mafia in this game. That is why I'm voting for you. It's not because you disagree with me. It's because I think you are acting in a manner that is harmful to the town. See my previous posts for more details.

And it's mere coincidence you started it as soon as the day started. Okay.

And Antrax, you are never an easy lynch. When you are mafia, you put a good spin on almost anything.

Thanks, I think.

And finally, if I was mafia, why would I stop the lynching of a townsperson? I could hold my ability to save myself or a fellow mafia towards the end of the game.

To clear yourself. I would've voted for you before if it weren't for you doing that.
Antrax[/quote]
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:19 pm

Post by Jalyn »

vote:Antrax

2. 'Spose you want a reason for "1," huh? Jeep's ability is proven. I would think:
a) that it is too strong to give to the mafia - allowing them to keep one of their fellow mafia from being lynched is a hell of a shot against the town, given that they would know exactly who needed to be saved and who didn't. A townie with that ability has to take a shot in the dark that they aren't saving someone evil.
b) For Jeep to have used that ability on day 1 to save a townie would be a complete waste of a game saving ability.
c) Antrax's argument that Jeep did it "to clear himself" isn't ringing any bells with me. I haven't reread day 1, but I didn't think Jeep was at all suspected at the time.
d) Antrax's argument that Jeep argued against revealing roles after revealing his own also doesn't hold water - Jeep had to say something after the aborted Werebear lynch.
e) Mole is claiming one shot doc & Antrax one shot "vest." Unless I'm misunderstanding what a "vest" is, aren't these two abilities a little too similar?

3. I have the one time ability to distract a person's night actions. I was not responsible for the night one lack of kill.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:35 pm

Post by Antrax »

a) that it is too strong to give to the mafia - allowing them to keep one of their fellow mafia from being lynched is a hell of a shot against the town, given that they would know exactly who needed to be saved and who didn't. A townie with that ability has to take a shot in the dark that they aren't saving someone evil.

Good point. Hadn't occured to me. So it's either nearly useless (as he won't have any info) vs. very powerful.
b) For Jeep to have used that ability on day 1 to save a townie would be a complete waste of a game saving ability.

This is just elaborating on a.
c) Antrax's argument that Jeep did it "to clear himself" isn't ringing any bells with me. I haven't reread day 1, but I didn't think Jeep was at all suspected at the time.

very weak. One can invest in a game in order to clear oneself for the rest of the game. God knows I've done it a lot as mafia.
d) Antrax's argument that Jeep argued against revealing roles after revealing his own also doesn't hold water - Jeep had to say something after the aborted Werebear lynch.

Because you said so, I guess, seeing as you provided no reasoning.
e) Mole is claiming one shot doc & Antrax one shot "vest." Unless I'm misunderstanding what a "vest" is, aren't these two abilities a little too similar?

Nope. The doc is stronger by far.
Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:38 pm

Post by Antrax »

Another point I'd like to make, about the metagame:
I have two votes already becuase people disagree with me. However, I see nobody else doing a single bloody thing this game. I have to provide all the thinking for the entire game, and the rest of you just sit and agree or disagree at your leisure. Isn't it great to have an Antrax? This game is dying. You all have brains, when don't I sit back and you propose things while I poke holes in it? Why do you think I'm mor elikely to be mafia when I'm the only player in this game who does anything? How do you think you affect the metagame if you vote for anyone you disagree with?
Antrax
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:47 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I don't understand how anybody can vote Jeep, unless they are mafia. He clearly saved Werebear from the lynch first day (just read his post), and therefore obviously is town.

vote Antrax
FOS mith and Quailman and anybody else voting for Jeep

I am a one shot paranoid, killing whomever targets me at night (good or bad), and I am not saying whether I have used it or when I use it. Choose me if you feel lucky....
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:30 pm

Post by Antrax »

I don't understand how anybody can vote Jeep, unless they are mafia. He clearly saved Werebear from the lynch first day (just read his post), and therefore obviously is town.

No, it doesn't. I fell into the same mental trap. Then I realised, the mafia have one-shot abilities as well (thanks mith) and thus it doesn't mean SQUAT.

Jalyn, you still need proof that it clear him? Two players already fell for it.
Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:36 pm

Post by Antrax »

Nearly final list of players:
Antrax - claims ??? one-shot vest.
Dragon Phoenix - claims ??? One shot paranoid.
Jalyn - claims ??? one-shot blocking.
jeep - claims used one-time mayor. (used on Werebear?)
mith - claims unsued one-shot finding out if someone used his one-shot ability.
mole - claims unused one-shot doc.
Quailman - claims used one shot cop & Sofis is innocent.
Samadhi - claims ??? one-shot talking to someone at night.
Sofis - cleared by Quailman(?)

Seeing as nobody claims to be responsible for the first night thingie, it's either something one of the dead players dead, or Sofis. It's also fairly clear there are no double abilities in this game.
Antrax
Samadhi
Samadhi
Townie
Samadhi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:02 am

Post by Samadhi »

Vote: Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:02 am

Post by Antrax »

Some more Thoughts In The Shower (Tm):
Werebear was a one-shot plantifier. The plantifier appeared in improbable role mafia, and was a doc with a disadvantage -- the protected person would turn into a plant and couldn't post. I'm a one-shot vest, which is a very weak doctor -- I can protect myself for one night (the original role couldn't be killed at night, though usually by only one of the two families). If someone's lying because there's too many docs, it's mole, and not I. Actually, it makes me fairly certain that mole's mafia, combined with his absence. But, since I know the players in this game, if I switch back I'll hear some bullshit about "blah blah you keep changing votes so even though you're the only one supplying any ideas we're gonna lynch you", so eat me.
Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:03 am

Post by Antrax »

And here's another thought: I don't think Quailman is a one-shot cop. I think he's a one-shot recruiter, and he and Sofis are masons now. A one-shot cop couldn't have been confirmed by the investigated person. Not updating the list yet, though, I want to hear from the (Quail)man himself.
Antrax
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:33 am

Post by Quailman »

I am not confirmed by anyone, and I don't think Sofis acknowledged me. When I said "Sofis already knows what I found out", it's because I investigated him and he knows his own role (or at least he should :) ). I just wanted that out there, because if I die, whether by lynch or the Mafia's hand, then the remaining townies will know Sofis is OK.

You, on the other hand, are highly suspicious. So much so that I will
unvote: Jeep
and
vote: Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:21 am

Post by Antrax »

Whatever. Is anyone ever going to actually say what makes me so suspicious, other than being the only player to actually play in this bloody game, or are you just going to lynch me despite a believable role and my repeated contribution, for no reason?
Antrax
Samadhi
Samadhi
Townie
Samadhi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:46 pm

Post by Samadhi »

For me it was the crap logic you were using against Jeep.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:54 pm

Post by Antrax »

"I disagree with you". Okay, definitely a reason for a vote. Very clever, Samadhi, seeing as you supplied all that smart reasoning of your own.
Antrax
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:42 pm

Post by quercitron »

That's five (jeep, Jalyn, DP, Samadhi, Quailman,) and five's a lynch.

The Town, in typical "lynch-Antrax" fashion, lynches Antrax. To find that he was a Townie.

Choices please!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”