olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:11 pm

Post by olio »

Sorry if this sounds reptitive, but I feel I'm missing something here.
Nightfall wrote: My role clearly states that I am pro peace and anti war.
Why aren't you voting Aelyn?
Nightfall wrote: I'm supposed to keep one eye out for the rebels, I'm supposed to watch the ambassador’s back with my other eye, and I'm told I should keep the third one watching my own back.
Why aren't you voting Aelyn?
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:19 pm

Post by Nightfall »

I am not against voting / lynching Aelyn. From his role claim,we can conclude he's something like a sk? yet he's still protown (or at least could be?) I can see from his win conditions, that Aelyn will eventually want me dead; but I was thinking if we could find somone we're more certain is scum, then we could lynch someone whose %100 scum, and not 50/50. Which would be better for the town as a whole. Wouldn't it? :?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:09 pm

Post by olio »

Nightfall, which one you think Aelyn is: pro-war or anti-war? Do you think that there are good guys in the game who are pro-war?
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:14 am

Post by Aelyn »

Yipe! For some reason I forgot I was in this game...

I'll do a quick re-read and post my thoughts in a minute.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:02 am

Post by Aelyn »

OK, I remember the one main thing I was thinking:

Nightfall, you’re quite right. I want you dead at some point, even if you are pro-town – however, as long as scummier people are around, I’d rather have someone who’s willing to help me dig up scum than someone who’s not. As soon as we reach a point where there’s no-one I’m particularly suspicious of, you’re going down.

I’m still highly suspicious of Mepmuff, and would like to hear Mepmuff fully claim before lynching him. I don’t see why any pro-town player would refuse to explain an information role rather than get lynched. My vote stands until Mepmuff elaborates, and as long as he refuses to do so my vote will remain on him.

I don’t have many thoughts on anyone else right now, I’ll need to re-read it more thoroughly first.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:26 am

Post by mepmuff »

My information will become useless if I give it out. Simple as that. If you think this game would have a mechanic where pro-town players voting is a bad thing, then your stance is understandable, but:
My vote stands until Mepmuff elaborates, and as long as he refuses to do so my vote will remain on him.
This tells me your after the information, which you know you will not get.
unvote: Lubabah, vote: Aelyn
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:52 am

Post by Changling bob »

Official Votecount:

Aelyn: 2 (mepmuff, n_lich)
Coron: 1 (Tam)
mepmuff: 2 (Aelyn, Nightfall)
Nightfall: 2 (Lubabah, olio)

Not voting: Coron, Norinel

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch. Deadline is Monday 8th August.

I'm so rubbish :(. See new votecount.
Last edited by Changling bob on Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:14 pm

Post by Coron »

I'm voting for N_Lich.
Aelyn's role to me sounds like it could be a sort of serial killer not trying to kill me, but rather the aliens and right now I'm worried about me not the aliens. I think this is a smart thing. You?
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by olio »

mod
, I'm voting for Aelyn.

Coron, I think that good guys are trying to prevent the war. In my opinion person who tries to kill aliens when neither humans or aliens don't want war is not good. I see your point, but at the moment I just don't believe Aelyn's claim. I think he is scum, not pro-town.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:45 pm

Post by Norinel »

mepmuff wrote:If you think this game would have a mechanic where pro-town players voting is a bad thing, then your stance is understandable
A lot of Mafia games have a mechanic where pro-town players voting in certain situations is a bad thing. It's called lynch or lose.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:43 am

Post by Changling bob »

Official Votecount:

Aelyn: 3 (mepmuff, n_lich, olio)
mepmuff: 2 (Aelyn, Nightfall)
n_lich: 1 (Coron)
Nightfall: 1 (Lubabah)

Not voting: Norinel
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch. Deadline is Monday 8th August.

(That's what I get for posting without editing my votecount :( )
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:44 am

Post by Tam »

Real fast, I can at least tell you this: As it stands now, I would have my vote on Aelyn if it weren't stuck on Coron.

He seems highly suspect to me, and his stance on mepmuff...well, it is iffy, but I have to admit, I got the same feeling from it that mepmuff did. He's said he'll die without claiming, (if i'm remembering right) and for Aelyn to say he'll keep his vote on him until he claims, seems...well...odd.

That being said, I haven't really gotten my head around mepmuff. Something seems off there, but I don't know what. :? Maybe evil, or maybe just my not liking people to say 'i have more info, but i'm not telling the rest of it'. It just always seems...odd to me.
Tam
[url=http://maddox.xmission.com/tictacs.html]Bush or Tictacs?[/url]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:23 am

Post by Coron »

I AGREE WITH YOU OMG AELYN IS SCUM I DISAGREE THAT IT'S THE PLAY TODAY.

#1 thing is protect me. If this person is not out to kill me(and a believe that aelyn is telling the truth on what side he is on in terms of not caring abot the ambassador) then they are a secondary concern, something to do LATER.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:30 am

Post by N_lich »

Tam wrote:maybe just my not liking people to say 'i have more info, but i'm not telling the rest of it'. It just always seems...odd to me.
This is indeed fairly suspiscous (bearing the hallmark of an attempt to manipulate the town whilst giving the minimum amount of info to be caught out with). I also do find his play fairly unusual.

However, despite my dislike for being "lead around by the nose", I find mepmuff scummy
but
not at the top of the list. This is primarily because the request (for everyone to vote day 2) is not very scummy.
coron wrote:I AGREE WITH YOU OMG AELYN IS SCUM I DISAGREE THAT IT'S THE PLAY TODAY.

#1 thing is protect me. If this person is not out to kill me(and a believe that aelyn is telling the truth on what side he is on in terms of not caring abot the ambassador) then they are a secondary concern, something to do LATER.
This line of thinking would be definitely correct if we had something fulfilling this criteria now. However, since I'm far from certain of anyone's guilt, I currently feel the best play today is make the lynch I feel has the best chance of success. Should an alternative arise I feel has a comparable chance of hitting, then we'll see. However, at the moment I don't see one (especially since the person I am second most suspiscous of, Nightfall, seems to have made a claim accepted by most of the town).

Another problem with this is, regardless of your importance, we do have to be able to win the game in a conventional manner and looking at the situation I feel it is very important we don't miss with todays lynch.

N.B. I know it's only been a few days but Lubabah is still to even apparently attempt to catch up.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:46 pm

Post by N_lich »

*bump*

Can we please try to avoid the deadline here.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:18 am

Post by Nightfall »

I know that the deadline is Aug 8th, but is there a certain time that it is reached? and at that time is the person with the vost votes lynched or is no one lynched if we haven't done it ourselves? Anyways, with the deadline really close, I am getting closer and closer to voting for Aelyn. Unless we might be able to get another extension... I'm really not sure of anyone being scum yet, but if I am going to lynch someone it might be best to lynch someone that has openly said that they will have to kill me off eventually :| . My vote is currently on Mepmuff, because of him almost asking us to lynch him to verify his role. Which is someone that I'm not sure many others are still in doubt about? I will check back often this morning to see what others have posted, and I may (likely) change my vote.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:53 am

Post by Changling bob »

If deadline is reached and no-one has yet been lynched, there will be no lynch.
I guess this should change now ¬_¬
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:48 am

Post by Norinel »

Coron wrote:#1 thing is protect me. If this person is not out to kill me(and a believe that aelyn is telling the truth on what side he is on in terms of not caring abot the ambassador) then they are a secondary concern, something to do LATER.
True, but because of the smallish chance that Aelyn is lying, some lynch is a bit better than no lynch. On the other hand, Aelyn's suggested that she might have some ability, and if it's anything that can protect the ambassador it's worth keeping around.

vote: Aelyn
, I suppose. Might be able to get on later to change if somebody better gets the votes.

mod:
What's the time of the deadline?
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:59 am

Post by Changling bob »

Norinel wrote:True, but because of the smallish chance that Aelyn is lying, some lynch is a bit better than no lynch. On the other hand, Aelyn's suggested that she might have some ability, and if it's anything that can protect the ambassador it's worth keeping around.

vote: Aelyn
, I suppose. Might be able to get on later to change if somebody better gets the votes.

mod:
What's the time of the deadline?
The deadline will be tomorrow evening, probably around 6 BST.

btw, Aelyn isn't actually female :P
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:54 am

Post by Aelyn »

OK, I clearly have to fully claim my ability. Looks like I won't get much out of it after all.

There's a reason for my xenophobia - my parents were taken hostage by aliens and killed when I was young, although that was completely independent of the war - as far as I can tell, I'm relatively neutral on the war issue. The mod's been quite vague as to the details. I don't just hate them, I fear them, and I've devoted my life to stopping aliens where I can.

I'm immune to alien attacks. What's more, I get the name of my attacker if I am attacked - which is why I thought I could be of some use to the town, since I was trying to tempt aliens to attack me. I can't really protect the ambassador aside from helping to find aliens, and I doubt that'll happen now.

Frankly, I accept that with this information known I'm really not much help to the town. I don't blame you if you want to lynch me.

Unvote.
My stubbornness won't help anyone at this point.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:58 am

Post by Changling bob »

Official Votecount:

Aelyn: 4 (mepmuff, n_lich, Norinel, olio)
mepmuff: 1 (Nightfall)

Not voting: Aelyn

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in approximately 19 hours. If no-one has been lynched in this time, no lynch will occur.
I guess this should change now ¬_¬
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:57 pm

Post by olio »

Aelyn, I'm still not buying your claim. I see no reason why you couldn't tell the reason for your Xenophobia earlier, thus negating all discussion about your pro-warness.

You also claim a role where town shouldn't lynch you as well as mafia shouldn't night-kill you.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:36 pm

Post by Aelyn »

olio wrote:Aelyn, I'm still not buying your claim. I see no reason why you couldn't tell the reason for your Xenophobia earlier, thus negating all discussion about your pro-warness.
Because I don't know if I'm pro-war or not; I've asked the mod, and he refused to comment, so I'm reticent to give information which seems to clash with later information just because of a misunderstanding.
olio wrote:You also claim a role where town shouldn't lynch you as well as mafia shouldn't night-kill you.
I know, and I know how it looks. Which is why, at this point, I would understand if the town want to lynch me - now my role's fully in the open, it's basically useless.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:46 am

Post by Changling bob »

Approximately three hours until deadline.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:00 am

Post by Changling bob »

(An hour later than advertised: )

The conversation flows back and forth, people coming under suspicion, to later be cleared and yet later re-examined. Your discussion lasts late into the night, and it's the small hours of the morning before any of you realise the time. Rather than do anything rash, you decide to catch the few hours of sleep left availible, and head to your cabins.

Final Day 1 Votecount:

Official Votecount:
Aelyn: 4 (mepmuff, n_lich, Norinel, olio)
mepmuff: 1 (Nightfall)

Not voting: Aelyn

It is now night 2. Please get your night actions in promptly. I will be going on holiday in a weeks time, and Seol will be threadsitting again, and I would like to get the day started before I leave. All PMs to me by Sunday 14th please :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”