I love the 90's Cartoon Mafia - replacement / spectate

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:17 am

Post by Junpei »

Is it possible to discriminate against a person while also discriminating against a group of people?

Is slavery discriminating against a black kid who is living in Virginia named Thomas more or less than it is discriminating the African races?
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:20 am

Post by BabyBlue »

Not sure what you're trying to say, but this rule was created because of what happened between Far and myself in the other game. And it effects me more than anyone else, as I have an active playstyle and usually get targeted for kills pretty heavily, as well as the fact that I am always being forced to repeat and defend my opinions because people will just make up excuses for them.
I'm new here-get over it.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:22 am

Post by MattP »

Baby more than anyone else gets attacked for her correct views , it's been proven.
SlappyKrust
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:26 am

Post by BabyBlue »

Whenever I express suspicion or anything like that in a game, people like Matt and Aru-both of whom are in this game-react a certain way. They always dismiss my opinions as false or say I'm just attacking people for targeting me. They both do this EVERY TIME. This forces me to repeat my reasoning, which they will again dismiss, until we get into an argument over taking my opinions seriously. I thus end up needing more posts than posts players just to get my opinions across. Most of my posts are in response to others.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:27 am

Post by Haylen »

Sorry but I'm 100% sure talking about ongoing games is forbidden. Especially considering they are still alive in it.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:31 am

Post by BabyBlue »

It's not game-effecting information. Anyone reading the thread can see them saying I'm just attacking people targeting me over and over. That's why I'm pretty sure I'm not breaking any rules saying it.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:34 am

Post by PMysterious »

@BabyBlue: You're making some more sense now. But, are you sure that you can't do 30 or fewer posts in 24 hours?
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:34 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 180, BabyBlue wrote:It's not game-effecting information. Anyone reading the thread can see them saying I'm just attacking people targeting me over and over. That's why I'm pretty sure I'm not breaking any rules saying it.

Doesn't matter. Ongoing games don't exist.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:35 am

Post by Haylen »

That doesn't matter. You DO NOT ever talk about an ongoing game even if you are dead or think it wont harm the game. Especially in such a public place on the forum. (With someone not in the game, not giving opinions and not replacing in is a grey area).

Mith - The Rulez wrote:Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where explicitly allowed to do so by your role/moderator. Likewise, do not use bbcode to hide secret messages - this equates to discussion outside the thread.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:36 am

Post by BabyBlue »

I only know what I was told about those rules, which came from an admin. And why would you bring that up here, in public? As if I'm not having enough trouble being accepted.

I'm certain that it's impossible for me to be so inactive in a game, especially one with this many people. And having to worry about my post count will make is a lot less enjoyable, especially since the rule was only made to hinder me and labels me as a spammer. I'm also sure that certain people will abuse this rule by drawing me into arguments and then leaving me unable to defend myself.
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:37 am

Post by Arugula »

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE RULE, DON'T PLAY

End of discussion.
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:38 am

Post by BabyBlue »

I'm sick of you same group trying to force me out of games and always trying to make my opinions worthless.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:39 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 172, BabyBlue wrote:There are 24 players in this game. If I respond to a question asked by each one of them at separate intervals, that is 24 posts right there. Then there's voting, arguing, counter-arguing, defending myself, and so on. And in a game with Matt and Aru? I mean, how am I supposed to play? I'm going to actively be pushed for the lynch, and no one is going to put any value on a word I say, and I can't even make the posts to defend myself?

BB, I'm not sure the 30 post issue will be a problem. If it is for you, however, follow this advice:

1) Post your first post in thread.
2) Wait at least 5 posts to post something. If you have something to reply to in all of those posts, then compile it all into one large post. The chances of us going through 150 posts in one RL day are slim. However, if we do, once you start reaching your upper limit, make your posts less frequent. Maybe post like 1 every 7 posts.
3) Maybe if there aren't a lot of posts that day but you're still afraid you'll reach 30, give yourself a time limit. E.g, only posting once every half hour or something. That could be another thing you can do.
4) Do you post fluff posts? If so, I'd cut that out. Gathering from your posts in thread though, I'd assume you don't.

Does this advice help? I understand that some people are ganging up on you, but not everyone is out to get you.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:41 am

Post by Junpei »

Holy shit babyblue.. 56 posts per day on average? You gotta learn to post less, it's the way the game works. It's called optimal play and here we are competitive. We don't have a skill floor so if you want to play go ahead, but we'd all love for you to learn to post less. To help you and others like you out, there's a restriction to help keep you under a certain level so you learn how to play more optimally and competitively.

PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:41 am

Post by PMysterious »

A few post ago.
:? Was that relevant to the argument?

@BabyBlue: Don't worry, I'll keep the post count for everyone if necessary. Just calm down and have fun.
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:44 am

Post by BabyBlue »

Last, I do try to do that, but it doesn't work. And it doesn't have to be everyone. All it takes is one or two people. And again, this game has nearly as many players as we are allowed posts.

Junpei, you were the one talking about discrimination. This rule was only created because Far was unhappy with how much I posted in our game. No one else has made over fifty posts, and the spam comments cement it. If a rule is presented designed to inconvenience one player more than anyone else, how is that fair? It puts me at a serious disadvantage and gives everyone else something to use against me. And believe me, some people WILL use it against me.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:46 am

Post by MattP »

Unless far says she outright did this because of you baby that's incredibly rude of you to assume and you are being hypocritical by bullying on her for a mod decision in the same way you say everyone bullies on you. So cut out that argument.
SlappyKrust
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:47 am

Post by Junpei »

It isn't meant to put you at a disadvantage. It's meant to improve your ability as a player so you can play more optimally thus competitively. It's like how MLB players put weights on their bat when they practice. It handicaps them when they're playing with it, but it improves their ability in the long run.

PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:49 am

Post by PMysterious »

I would never use a rule to my advantage. I even tried to convince that the argument should stop. I'm not taking sides, but I am saying that I've had enough of the argument. Let's all just get along.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:49 am

Post by Porochaz »

oh bleh, I totally misread 30 posts per rl day is totally fine. I read game day.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:51 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 190, BabyBlue wrote:Last, I do try to do that, but it doesn't work. And it doesn't have to be everyone. All it takes is one or two people. And again, this game has nearly as many players as we are allowed posts.

It does though.

Believe me, I know that nagging feeling to respond to something directed to you, or to be the first person to jump on something scummy. But sometimes you've gotta know when you're posting too much and bogging down the thread.

If it makes you feel better, open up wordpad and copy and paste the post. Then respond to it. That way that nagging feeling to post is satisfied, but you aren't bogging down the thread. Once you've waited for five posts, or waited your time limit, or whatever, post your responses.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:53 am

Post by BabyBlue »

I have not bullied anyone. And it is painfully obvious this rule was made because of me. Are you honestly expecting me to believe it's a coincidence? Far plays a game where he wants my Policy Lynched for making more than 50 posts in a day, which he calls spam. Then, less than a day later, Far suddenly adds a rule to his game where he mentions that some people make more than 50 posts a day and that is spam? Not buying that as a coincidence.

You might not, PM, but others definitely would.

This rule will not help me, and I am against something that will hinder me and likely me alone.

Last, I have done all those things, but it doesn't change my post count. Have you read any of the two games I've been in?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:58 am

Post by Porochaz »

Can we lock this thread until day starts? I mean, what are we gaining from this?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:59 am

Post by Arugula »

In post 196, BabyBlue wrote:I have not bullied anyone.

OH REALLY?

Does saying that you hate me and calling out Far for something she never did count?

AND YES POROCHAZ. PLEASE LOCK THIS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think I end up posting alot but I don't think I spam.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Signups”