Mini 233: Gem Mafia (Day five, Game over.)

Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:00 am

Post by Crola »

look what I found:
alexandrite (defintion)-a gem variety of chrysoberyl which appears green in daylight and red in artificial light.
Sounds like a turncoat gem. Now we just have to wait for the lynch scene.
Kun Lan:"Oops, I guess my trick didn't work on you."
Harman:"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
~ Killer7
EnderX
EnderX
Goon
EnderX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:37 am

Post by EnderX »

Page eight vote count:

Kain: 6 (Coron, Bacde, Bifrost, Crola, Shiryu, TINM)
TINM: 2 (rhapsdy2, Darquiel)
Darquiel: 1 (Kain)

Not Voting: C_D

As the day wears on, several gems come under fire. Finally, though, the case settles on Kain. "You've got to be scum!" "No I'm not, lynch me and see!" "What kind of a crazy tactic is that?" "I'm practically dead anyway, you might as well." Taking him at his word on that, the other gems herd Kain to the edge of the case, and over. He flashes green briefly in the last rays of sunlight before hitting the floor and becoming a pile of reddish shards.

Kain, Alexandrite, Mason has been lynched.

As the rest of you prepare for the night, you begin to head back to your places in the case. However, a hideous yell of anguish comes from behind you, prompting you to turn around. Crola is kneeling on the ground, pressing his hands firmly against his side. However, underneath them, highly visible, is a gigantic crack, which is growing larger with every breath he takes...breaths that are growing quite ragged and harsh. The crack also appears to be extending deeper and deeper within his substance as well. With one final agonized cry, Crola suddenly stiffens and falls silent, as the crack has made its way through to his core. Without any more warning, he shatters into a dozen pieces.

As horrifying as it was, an investigation of the remains reveals that this terrible event was actually beneficial to the town.

Crola, Amber, SK, has fallen victim to a delayed-effect nightkill.

It is now night two. Dawn is in 72 hours.
"No trees were harmed during the production of this post. However, several electrons were severely inconvenienced."
EnderX
EnderX
Goon
EnderX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:56 am

Post by EnderX »

Dawn begins to peek through the windows, and the lights begin to come on for the museum's day. Carefully, cautiously, you all step forward to see who has fallen during the night.

To your surprise, all eight of you are still around, although Darquiel is limping a bit.

Day two. With eight alive, it's five to lynch.
"No trees were harmed during the production of this post. However, several electrons were severely inconvenienced."
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:45 am

Post by This is not me »

lucky night for us :) it seems like that darquiel is the next victim of deleyed attack :( well what could cause deleyed attacks?sk died to it so i dont think he caused it,vig with deleyed attack just seems plain weird to me,so i put my 2 cents to mafia...that also kinda means that draquiel is town,if the attack is made by mafia.any other toughts about deleyed attacks?and also if anyone wants me to defend cause of the fry guy scumyish actions,just ask me something and i try to answer.(try cause well i dont know why fry guy did all the things he did,i just can give my views on things)
The music freak :P
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:05 am

Post by Coron »

2 spaces separate sentences please.

Greatly appreciated.
-Coron
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:05 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

My guess that the cause of the delayed attack probably has nothing to do with mafia. We had two kills on night one with crola limping. This means there is still an sk, another mafia group, or a vigilante. If you ask me, I'm more inclined to believe vigilante since having either 2 mafia groups or 2 SKs seem unbalanced in a 12 person game.

I'd like to hear from rhapsdy2. His last post was around Oct 6.

I'm going to hunt around the thread and see if I can pick anything up. Most likely I'm not going to find anything...
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:13 am

Post by Bacde »

Vote: This is not me.

It is kinda implied that 0 deaths is a lucky night for 'us'.

Assuming that Crola, Amber, was the cause of the 'gunk' kill n1, then I am a very happy, happy man. Since darquiel is the only 'confirmed' townie in our lot, as she will most likely die tonight, I'd like to listen to her the most. Again, she isn't garunteed to be town (as proven by crola's death), but I sincerely doubt anything like that would happen twice in a row.

Also, coron, multiple spaces are just replaced as 1 space.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:18 am

Post by Coron »

Bacde wrote:
Also, coron, multiple spaces are just replaced as 1 space.
fine then mr. smarty pants 1 is good enough for me.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:23 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Just to tell everyone, we have to lynch scum today or we lose. If we no lynch or lynch the wrong person, we will have 6 people left and scum will win. I'll advise everyone to think before they place their votes.

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:38 am

Post by Bacde »

chaotic_diablo wrote:My guess that the cause of the delayed attack probably has nothing to do with mafia. We had two kills on night one with crola limping. This means there is still an sk, another mafia group, or a vigilante. If you ask me, I'm more inclined to believe vigilante since having either 2 mafia groups or 2 SKs seem unbalanced in a 12 person game.
chaotic_diablo wrote:Just to tell everyone, we have to lynch scum today or we lose. If we no lynch or lynch the wrong person, we will have 6 people left and scum will win. I'll advise everyone to think before they place their votes.
Incoherency in logic.

Unvote

Vote: Chaotic_Diablo

I still suspect you This is not me, as your obsession with Fry Guy seems
very
suspicious.
darquiel
darquiel
Goon
darquiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:39 pm

Post by darquiel »

hopefully we have a roleblocker, or else I may not have much to help ya.

I protected Coron, FYI.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:45 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

How is my logic incoherent? I simply disagreed with Thisisnotme and stated my own reason. Followed by that, I informed everyone why it was necesary to catch scum. There is no incoherancy in logic.

Since when have I had an obsession with Thisisnotme? Are you mistaking me for Crola?

Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:34 pm

Post by Bifrost »

I see chaotic_diablo's point. Assuming that there's 3 mafioso and 1 sk (usual setup, I think), there's eight gems left and three are scum. If we lynch wrong, we go into night with seven gems and three scum, and assuming that Darquiel dies to the delayed-kill effect as Crola did, we come out of night with six gems and three scum. Scum wins.

So I guess this is the time.
I am the cop
. Rhapsdy2 is scum, and This is not me (Fry Guy) is innocent. I randomly chose Rhapsdy2 as my target for night 1, and found out that he is "unfaceted". As explained to me later by the mighty mod, unfaceted gems ("There seems to be something odd about Rhapsdy2") are scum and faceted gems are innocent. In the same fashion I found out that This is not me is faceted, an innocent.

If you look back to day 1, you'll see that I deliberately avoided mentioning Rhapsdy2 at the time. Post 36, I lurker-voted Darquiel even though Rhapsdy2 was obviously lurking even more than Darquiel is. That was in interest of self-preservation as a cop, since I thought that by avoiding attracting scum attention to myself, I'd be less likely to be nightkilled. The two different results means that I'm neither naive cop nor paranoid cop, but if I'm an insane cop... Well, we're *points to avatar*.

Assuming the delayed-kill effect is all the mafia has left, I might be able to sqeeze in an extra investigation before I get killed. I'd like to hear the town's opinion on that.

Vote: Rhapsdy2
"People sign their quotes as unknown because they don't know how to spel anonymos" --Unknown
And with that last vote, No Lynch was lynched!
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:51 pm

Post by Coron »

vote: Rhapsdy2

Cop result is good enough for me, though if you're wrong the blame is on you.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:35 pm

Post by Bacde »

Oh @#$#, hes a replacement. I didn't notice that.

Unvote
anyway.

I'm all for the cop investigation, but I'd like to hear Rhapsdy2's defence anyway, as I like watching them squirm under your feet.
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:50 pm

Post by This is not me »

vote rhapsdy2
i hope he is the scum,he should be cause i am innocent :P
The music freak :P
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:50 pm

Post by Shiryu »

I'd also like to hear from rhapsdy before voting him. More than lurking, I feel he's just plain absent; can we have a prod, Ender?

Another reason I don't want to vote rhapsdy yet is that we can't be 100% sure that that Bifrost is indeed the cop (or that Darquiel is really our doc, though that would have nothing to do with rhapsdy).

Well, it's almost 3 am here. I'll post something with more substance after I get some rest.
I am the eggman, woo!
They are the eggmen, woo!
I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob!
EnderX
EnderX
Goon
EnderX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:28 am

Post by EnderX »

I'd also like to hear from rhapsdy before voting him. More than lurking, I feel he's just plain absent;
can we have a prod, Ender
?
Will do.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:02 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

I repeat, please refrain from placing a vote on anyone without thinking it through.

If there are 3 scum left, it only takes one random vote for them to quick lynch and win. For instance, if Darquiel is innocent, all scum has to do is wait for someone to stupidly vote an innocent then gang up for a quick vote count of 4, which ends up with an innocent lynch followed by Darquiel's delayed demise. That reduces the town count to 6, which means we automaticaly lose without entering night. Afterall, they won't care if they get caught in the act since they'd win.

I'm repeating this only because Bacde(no offense) did just the opposite of what I just said before and placed a vote without real reason. We were particularly lucky that scum didn't catch that.

Since Rhapsdy2's demise hasn't come yet, it's pretty safe to say that he might be scum. If he's innocent, then we're screwed because all scum has to do is place one more vote on him and we lose.

The only reason how Rhapsdy would be innocent and not be dead yet is if all three of the votes on him are already scum, which is highly unlikely.

Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:16 pm

Post by Shiryu »

chaotic, I just have to point out that we need 5 votes to lynch right now, not 4. We do need to lynch mafia today; there's no other way to go about it. However, if there's 3 scum among the 8 of us, we're not at risk of an immediate loss just because of one vote on an innocent made by another innocent. The key factor here is darquiel's delayed death (I just now read about her limping >_<).

As for the whole delayed night kills business, I'm willing to bet that the first two kills were mafia and SK at work, as they were pretty straightforward (personally, I have never seen mafia have their kills delayed like that). I agree with chaotic that the delayed killer is probably not another mafia group or another SK, since I also think that would be unbalanced. However, I'm not all that sure about the person responsible being a vigilante eithe; rather, it might be another rogue role, with no particular affiliation. The choice to target Crola was most likely made at night, yes? Why then would a pro-town role take one of us out on the first night, with no information? Interesting note: If we assume all of this to be true, it would mean that Darquiel was targeted by this delayed killing role at night, not the mafia.

Bifrost, I just have to ask and make sure after reading about faceted and unfaceted gems: Are you a regular cop, and Ender just decided to use those terms? Or is there more to you than just the average cop?
I am the eggman, woo!
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:49 pm

Post by Bifrost »

@Shiryu: Yes, I'm a regular cop, the faceted/unfaceted stuff is just flavor. By the way, I'm Ruby if anyone has been wondering.
"People sign their quotes as unknown because they don't know how to spel anonymos" --Unknown
And with that last vote, No Lynch was lynched!
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:00 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

@shiryu, I'm a hypocrite :P . 5 to lynch.

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:55 am

Post by Bacde »

I'm guessing that both of the nightkill types are somehow affiliated. Since darquiel pretty much just claimed doc, why didn't both killing groups alive target her? It seems that they probably collaborated their kills. (This is of course assuming that the extreme amount of evidence that points to support that the delayed kills are anti-town is true).

I'm feeling pretty good about the Rhapsody2 lynch now. I'm going to vote him tommorow if he isn't dead, as that is the best we have to proof that he is scum (along with the cop investigation, but I HATE it when there are different sanity cops).

This is not me seems really unscummy ever since I realized that he was a replacement. Everything he says makes more sense -_-.
darquiel
darquiel
Goon
darquiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:53 pm

Post by darquiel »

unless this happens quick ill prob die first and the vote wont be counted but, what the hey.

Vote: Rhapsdy2
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:57 pm

Post by Shiryu »

Alright, I thought it over, and I think I'm just gonna have to go for the lynch. While not 100% certain, nobody counter-claimed Bifrost; the chances of him not being the cop are slim. And hey, on the plus side, this saves EnderX the need to look for a replacement had the need for one arised.

Vote: rhapsdy2
I am the eggman, woo!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”