Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:20 pm

Post by imaginality »

(Figured I'd save MT the effort of checking.)
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:33 am

Post by imaginality »

I may possible be the only person who makes
fewer
quote tag errors when drunk.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:50 am

Post by imaginality »

@MT

I actually don't care if it's SS or Bingle that we lim, I think I've made my point that House is town and not to believe SS or Bingle if they try to tell you otherwise. But we definitely have to lim one of the two today.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1734, Bingle wrote:
In post 1670, Something_Smart wrote:Like I know Bingle and I know that he would do something like that. Because if he gets executed the next day then it goes right to theoretical mylo if scum can guess the execution target.
:neutral:

What leads to any of these conclusions?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Really bad day. I'll give it my all as soon as I can but it might be tomorrow
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by imaginality »

Sorry to hear that, MT.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by House »

I have GOT to figure out how I'm not being targeted this game so I can slank full-time.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:29 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1753, Bingle wrote:What leads to any of these conclusions?
Well I mean the second one is self-evident-- if you're scum and 8-balled yourself, and we executed you yesterday, your team would win if you could predict the mis-exe today.

The first one, I mean I know you're a calculating player, and my perception seems to be that you don't consider yourself an exceptionally strong scum player (Perfect Masquerade comes to mind), and so I can see you deciding that making sure one NK doesn't slip away and unlocking a second if you are ever executed is worth your life. I would probably have done the same, if I was scum in your position there (though it would depend on who my partner was). In fact I recently did a very similar thing in Radio Buzz, where I made a scumclaim hammer to prevent the town from coordinating their vig shots. So that's the kind of vibe I got from your hammer-- especially since I framed it in an almost identical way (I know this is bad but I'm fed up that people aren't listening to me).
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:31 am

Which does actually lead me to another point-- would Bingle really do that if his partner was Momrangal? Is he really going to count on an AFK slot to deepwolf?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:46 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1737, Bingle wrote:
In post 1736, Morning Tweet wrote:My point was whether or not SS interpreted imagine's posts reasonably I don't think it matters to his alignment.
Sure it does. If SS was obviously not making an attempt to read the post then that's VERY scum indicative for SS. The point was finding out if SS had a reasonable parsing of the post because if it was as bad as I thought it was it implied he just didn't bother reading it and was instead throwing shit at a wall to see if it stuck.

Scum team is confirmed not me/bat, btw.
It's not that he wasn't trying to understand, it's more a question of whether he misinterpreted or not.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I'm pretty sure it's not SS/imagineality team, i'm pretty sure house is town, i'm pretty sure Bingle is scum

uhhhh does anyone have any lingering issues with those let me know today i suppose
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I think SS trying to keep House open for a mislim tomorrow is kind of a reach. I think it'd make more sense to just focus on eliminating the other in imagine/ss
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1713, imaginality wrote:
In post 1711, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1710, imaginality wrote:In fact I'm sure enough that House is town and SS is scum trying to keep House open for a potential mislim tomorrow that I'm going to 1v1 this right now.
Wait, so what exactly do you think my plan is?
Expecting Bingle to go down today so preparing to win with either House or me tomorrow.
Obviously if you get me mislimmed today all the better
But I don't think you see House as a viable push today but you're doing groundwork in case there's a tomorrow.
In post 1714, Something_Smart wrote:Why would I ever try to win by getting you to vote House? Why would me keeping House in the execution pool make you more inclined to vote him, when you know either he's scum or I am?
In post 1715, imaginality wrote:Because it would be more likely I'd reconsider him than that I'd reconsider MT.
That didn't really answer the question.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1722, Something_Smart wrote:Right because it wouldn't look suspicious at all if I was like "so I think imaginality is probably scum, I've had him paired with Bingle since I replaced in, buuuut I think House could also be scum if you're willing to consider that, imaginality ;)"
it's.. unlikely
In post 1724, imaginality wrote:But I could see you trying to convince me we're TvT if House was leaning to elim you over me.
I guess? I still think it'd make boatloads more sense to just.. convince house it's you
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:52 am

In post 1761, Morning Tweet wrote:I think SS trying to keep House open for a mislim tomorrow is kind of a reach. I think it'd make more sense to just focus on eliminating the other in imagine/ss
Yes, this, and it's perfectly natural to have doubts on House as town (he is a pretty strong scum player), so there's no reason for him to immediately jump to the conclusion that it must be nefarious (unless that was already where he wanted to end up, of course).

Like I think him voting me today is perfectly reasonable from any perspective, but him picking
that specific thing
as the thing that pushed him over the edge to voting me is... well, I mean, it's evidently fake to me. Hopefully to you too.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1725, imaginality wrote:
In post 1616, Bingle wrote:
In post 1600, Morning Tweet wrote:I can't remember the last pro-town thing Bingle did this game
anyone with half a brain would know that hammering Wisdom there would bring them under a lot of scrutiny they didn't want to be under as scum.

It's a weak defense, but I'm actually pretty well regarded for my scum game and this game is not it. I could see it maybe if I were trying to set up a deep wolf partner to go the distance, but me playing this sloppily as scum doesn't match up with any of my prospective scum partners.

I know, I know. WIFOM.
The hammer makes more sense with SS as Bingle's partner because the hammer reeks of scum being extremely eager to get the 8-ball elim, which would lead town to look on the wagon for the other scum, rather than suspecting Mom/SS who wasn't on the wagon.
In fact part of why Bingle might have been so eager is precisely
because
he could lim Wisdom without his buddy needing to be on the wagon.
In post 1758, Something_Smart wrote:Which does actually lead me to another point-- would Bingle really do that if his partner was Momrangal? Is he really going to count on an AFK slot to deepwolf?
So which is it.. I wonder..

I personally was entertaining 0 scum on wagon yesterday, 1 definitely was plausible..

Are you sure that Bingle killing himself off is worth the meager amount of towncred Mom might get from that? Mom still has to survive ~2 eliminations afterwards.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:57 am

In post 1765, Morning Tweet wrote:Are you sure that Bingle killing himself off is worth the meager amount of towncred Mom might get from that? Mom still has to survive ~2 eliminations afterwards.
In an ideal case, whoever his partner is only has to survive one elimination, if they can guess it. Regardless of which of us is Bingle's partner, I would think that he was hoping to go down on D3 to make that easier for them.

Butyeah nobody is gonna give Mom towncred for staying off the wagon when she was literally afk
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Vote Count 4.5

1 Something_Smart (imaginality)

Not voting: Bingle, House, Something_Smart, Morning Tweet

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to yeet

D4 ends at (expired on 2021-10-16 13:26:20)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1726, imaginality wrote:
In post 1630, Bingle wrote:most of them (the exception being imagine) had also expressed willingness to shift to imagine earlier
Bingle admitting he knew voting me could have seen me elimmed D1 and had no concern about that.
I know Bingle will say that's cos he's town and I didn't seem super town D1, but coming from scum!Bingle this is further evidence he's paired with SS rather than me. This setup doesn't seem a great one for bussing buddies D1.
This is true and it is something I was entertaining as a reason for it not being you. Bingle didn't really do anything with his vote on you though.. so perhaps the benefit outweighed the cost. Plus it was only for about 5 pages and there was exactly 0 traction on you at the time, the wagon had kind of already up and left.

I don't think Bingle would have expected that vote to eliminate you to be honest. Perhaps it could have but it was a lot less likely. I agree it's a bad bussing setup though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:58 am

In post 1766, Something_Smart wrote:Regardless of which of us is Bingle's partner, I would think that he was hoping to go down on D3 to make that easier for them.
This is phrased a bit confusingly, but I'm assuming you get what I mean... in the hypothetical world of Bingle/S_S, that would probably be the plan, just as it probably was in the (hopefully) real world of Bingle/imagine.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1769, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1766, Something_Smart wrote:Regardless of which of us is Bingle's partner, I would think that he was hoping to go down on D3 to make that easier for them.
This is phrased a bit confusingly, but I'm assuming you get what I mean... in the hypothetical world of Bingle/S_S, that would probably be the plan, just as it probably was in the (hopefully) real world of Bingle/imagine.
That's pretty much how I see it, yeah. I think Bingle being 8-balled yesterday points to it pretty transparently.

I definitely don't buy that Bingle would do it for any extra reason to try and shield Mom. Why would you bet the game on Mom? It's almost a point against it to be honest.

Bingle doesn't seem to think super highly of his scumgame, I guess, though
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:04 am

I feel like the best play for Bingle/afkMom in that situation is to just pray for an all-town 8-ball wagon, which should put them in a really good spot as the wagon members tear each other apart the next day.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Pretty sure they could have gotten it too TBH that Bingle hammer was so extra
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

It seems like Bingle went out of his way to implicate himself whichever way you look at it.

Just thinking about it objectively it'd make more sense to do that if your partner is on-wagon with you, not off-wagon. At least there's WIFOM value. If your partner is off-wagon I'm just not sure what the motivation for sacrificing himself like that is. After Bingle dies, we're not going to think "Okay the other scum must be on-wagon and definitely not afk-Mom". We'd look at the whole game. But if Bingle didn't do that, then maybe we have a greater chance of scrutinizing the wagon and hitting a townie on it.

Maybe I'm getting beat by WIFOM but I'm really struggling to see why Bingle would do it with Mom as a partner. Imagine at the time was townread by me and I had actually convinced Wisdom to suspect Mom instead.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:10 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Or, maybe less convince Wisdom and more so he got fed up with my reasoning and let me go my own way. But either way.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”