Micro 756: Extra Communication Mafia GAME OVER!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1768, MathBlade wrote:Like seriously we need to have Flubber or Ghostlin vote within 48 hours of when I last said or we vote them. Not seeing anything that has changed.
Dude, I
just
got off V/LA. I will have some stuff about something you asked me soon after this post, and a vote but let me at least read the thread and get my thoughts together tonight. You going 'we don't need to hurry up' and from my skim and you're literally trying to hurry me up isn't endearing me to do fuck all for you.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1736, MathBlade wrote:Everyone except you Ghostlin has provided the team they think it is or at least enough insight into their thought process to know where they are coming from.

You should be doing that but you’re just like “Chip” as if stating something on a tape recorder changes things and progresses the game along.

Talk with me. Who is scum if Chip is? Because your “case” on Chip is so underwhelming right now and we have to get this lynch right to win and every sign I see is pointing towards we lynch you as that seems to be where the consensus is.
So here's the thing. I think Chip is scum for multiple reasons, and I'll get the mechanical reason(s) out first and get it out of the way:

-a scum in the IN would help counter my role nicely, along with an RB countering skitters role, and the scum IN would also counter the INs as well, particularly if scum have daytalk and neighbors do what neighborhoods do.

-I don't think it's reasonable that my role be limited to what it is and be scum. That's entirely up to you if you believe my role claim; but it'd be shit to investigate that neighborhood and get the information scum needs from the IN; all three INs cannot be Town. Full stop.

So now, we've got the more problematic bullshit out of the way...let's talk about a few reasons why Chip's actually scum.

-His entire interaction with Esp had Esp literally saying Chip was hiding information from Town from the neighborhood---closer to misrepresenting the lynch via Flairs. That came down to who did we want to trust more, Esp (who occupied Flairs slot) or Chip, and we lynched Flairs--who was Town. Now, if Chip was misrepresenting what was happening in the neighborhood and Esp wasn't engaging in gross hyperbole, that tells us not positive things about Chip's alignment. Yet, really, I'm the only one to remind Town of this argument. :igmeou:

Frankly, guys, unless there was a gross misunderstanding, one of Chip/Esp was lying, which do you believe, unflipped!Chip or Town!Esp (although it seems I owe Esp an apology at this point).

-His push on me has him focused almost entirely on me not announcing L-1 when he forgot to count to hammer. Now, hypocrisy in and of itself doesn't make a person scum; but it's almost like he WANTS to pass the guilt of hammering off to me; as if he was caught with it and he'd better have an excuse of why he was caught with it.

Now, to the rest of it. I have no reason or at least no reasonable reason to doubt my investigation of Fishy not having a PT beginning of Day 2 was tampered with; I don't think scum could of expected an investigative role after the skitter flip. So I'm going to PoE him out of here.

That leaves Math or FN. If I believe my investigations, and just follow them, then the scum has to be Math. There is a question that Math has been, in fact, universally Town-read at least the last two days and hasn't been scum read at least one, so there's a fair bit of paranoia there; and I'm also paranoid about Math's tone, which has vacillated between being conciliatory towards me and almost mocking. Choose a tone, dude--mock me for my positions or try to talk to me, but both ISN'T going to endear me here.

If I were going to get off my paranoia and ignore Day 3's investigation, it'd be FN. I've been unimpressed with FN's play all game and frankly, I would of probably laid my vote down on him if I ignore each and every other factor (the fuckery with the IN, the investigation, the paranoia of Math being alive this late) today. If I was forced to play this game VT, as it were. (If I was forced to play it VT, it'd probably be FN/Fishy/Chip/Math from scum to town. Then again, we would of still lynched Flairs at some point so that's a thing.)

Unless someone gives me a compelling reason to vote Fishy today and ignore Day 2's investigation, I ain't. Math seems to want a vote now, so I WILL for the sake of Town cohesion:

Vote: Chip
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Except that Flairs and GD both had plenty of opportunity to say I was misrepresenting the hood thread, and didn't. Esp just got it into his head I was scum and went straight into death tunnel mode. I've pointed this out before.

As for the mechanics, you and skitter are the closest things we have to a cop. Cops aren't usually neutered. It's an argument for why there ISN'T scum in the hood.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

I'm not making a push on you btw, Ghost. I think I've made it abundently clear nobody is escaping my notice. But i do want to discuss my analysis of your rolecin view of the current game state.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

And i didn't say you were scummy for not announcing L-1. I said it contributed to me thinking it was L-2. You fucked up. Just own it.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1777, Chip Butty wrote:Except that Flairs and GD both had plenty of opportunity to say I was misrepresenting the hood thread, and didn't. Esp just got it into his head I was scum and went straight into death tunnel mode. I've pointed this out before.

As for the mechanics, you and skitter are the closest things we have to a cop. Cops aren't usually neutered. It's an argument for why there ISN'T scum in the hood.
What are you talking about?

Literally the role of RB exists to block Town roles. Millers exist to give false results on a positive. Flavor cops, vanilla cops, etc, are all weaker versions of the same role--and sometimes there's fake tells in flavor as well. Cops are neutered all the time on this site.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1779, Chip Butty wrote:And i didn't say you were scummy for not announcing L-1. I said it contributed to me thinking it was L-2. You fucked up. Just own it.
Why does it matter who's fault it is?

Alright, I fucked up for not counting and being aware it was L-1 last Day phase---but the hammer still happened, so WHY ARE YOU STILL ON WHO'S FAULT IT IS? That's not a town impulse.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1763, Chip Butty wrote:Also, can I get everyone's input on my , esp. the bit about Ghost's role? I know Fishy had some problems with it, and I'd like to resolve these one way or another, as this is likely to affect my vote.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1781, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 1779, Chip Butty wrote:And i didn't say you were scummy for not announcing L-1. I said it contributed to me thinking it was L-2. You fucked up. Just own it.
Why does it matter who's fault it is?

Alright, I fucked up for not counting and being aware it was L-1 last Day phase---but the hammer still happened, so WHY ARE YOU STILL ON WHO'S FAULT IT IS? That's not a town impulse.
Because you keep bringing it up?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

I was responding to your 1776..
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Okay, I've mulled this over, and I think I'm gonna
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

VOTE: Vote: Ghost

I just can't see how, given the current gamestate, his role can be town. Plus there are little things, like him being on both mislynches and the way he keeps harping on about last night's hammer. But there's not much in it. I don't see both messengers being town, so that leaves me with Flubber as best choice for town. Otoh his role is non-thematic and totally unproven, so...

*throws hands in the air*
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:53 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I'd strongly like the next voter to be Flubber. If that doesn't lead to a quickhammer, it seriously limits the options we need to consider.

For my part, I promise not to vote without warning. I seriously considered forcing our hand by voting Chip, but I think talking this through is the better way to go.

(Still to do today: explain why I think CB is scum, answer CB re: setup)
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:18 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

If people are actually gonna discuss the stuff I wanna discuss (hint: Ghost's role), I'm happy to unvote. But I think the logic is pretty sound and nobody seems interested in discussing it much. I suggest you make it quick though...
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:21 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 1629, Chip Butty wrote:From my pov:

Fishy: Role has little/no town utility. "Cleared" by Ghost.
MB: Ditto.
Flubber: claimed role not informed to any of the INs. Only non-thematic role. "Cleared" by Ghost.
Ghost:

If scum PT then
If town.Ghost then
From Ghost pov, scum team is Math/Chip (only players not checked) BUT if i am scum, his role is neutered, so this doesn't even make sense. Effectively, at this point scum PT/town.Ghost => Ghost's role is pointless.
Disagree. You being scum doesn't neuter G's role much at all.
Ghostlin can still catch your partner, and clear people with no PTs.

If scum.Ghost then
Scumteam = Ghost + someone he has "cleared", ie Fishy or Flubber.
Disagree. Why necessarily someone he's cleared?

If no scum PT then
If town.Ghost then role is pointless.
Agree, but don't see this as impossible.

If scum.Ghost then
Scumteam = Ghost + someone he has cleared, ie Fishy or Flubber.
Disagree. Why necessarily someone he's cleared?

Conclusion: Regardless of whether there is a scum PT or not, town.Ghost does not add up.
We've discussed this a bit, but I've restated my disagreements/thoughts in red above. I think there are two ways that Ghostlin could be town mechanically:
- If you are scum, Ghostlin's role had quite a reasonable amount of power.
- If there's no PT, there's a mostly-useless role (though it can find out stuff about the hood). Seems totally possible; we already suspect there's a useless PT-RB.

@Mathblade:
I really don't think Ghostlin's scum here. Here are three things that he's done that scum really wouldn't have wanted to do:
- Kill ffery. This is the big one. ffery was certain to be on Ghostlin's side in LYLO. I've flipped and flopped a bit on this, but at the end of the day we're not paying that much attention to the information in the game, so "having to kill a clear" wouldn't be a big deal. ffery being in the game would clearly improve scum!Ghostlin's chance of victory. Just think where we'd be if scum!Ghostlin had shot you last night.
- Clear two people by day 2, including me, who was a decent mislynch prospect. Ghostlin couldn't have known that we were going to end up not caring so much about these clears. scum!Ghostlin would have had excellent reason to shoot his day 1 clear or investigate someone less likely to face the noose than me.
- Vote CB here. That's a 1v1 that's set up for a Ghostlin lynch. There's an obvious scum move here - get a flubber lynch, and then win (if flubber is town) or get to a more favourable LYLO by killing you (if flubber is scum).
If Ghostlin is scum, he's made the game unnecessarily hard for himself, to the point where he's likely to get lynched in a very avoidable way. That's not something scum often do.

(A moderate sized part of me is worried that MB is scum. But I think it's just general dread at having a solid townread in LYLO, and I think we've lost if he is scum, so atm I'm assuming the scumteam is Flubber/Ghostlin or Flubber/CB).
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:23 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I'll have no access on December 31st or the morning of January 1st.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:52 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: ghostlin
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Ghostlin

No way I vote Chip after that sequence.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:48 am

Post by Chip Butty »

VOTE: Ghostlin

Yeah, feel good about this now.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

Lol at Chip voting twice.

Dude you like have voting amnesia or something?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:32 am

Post by Chip Butty »

My first vote looked a little malformed. Just wanted to make sure it counted.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Jingle »

FINAL Vote Count
Insert Arbitrary Flavor Here

With 5 Alive, it is 3 to Lynch!

Ghostlin [L-0!]: Chip Butty, Flubbernugget, MathBlade
Chip Butty [L-2]: Ghostlin,
Flubbernugget [L-3]:
MathBlade [L-3]:
Fishythefish [L-3]:

Not Voting [5]: Fishythefish, Flubbernugget, Ghostlin, Chip Butty, MathBlade

Deadline is 2 weeks and 3 days and will be over in (expired on 2018-01-05 10:00:00) at 10:00 AM PST on 01/05/18.

Important Notes:
-
A LYNCH HAS BEEN ACHIEVED!
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Jingle »

Ghostlin was:

Spoiler:
Town!

Hello [PlayerName] and welcome to [GameName]!

You are the Eavesdropper, aligned with the
Town!

You win when all members of the
Mafia
have been killed.

I'm Only Listening
: Once per day, you may target a player. You will learn the last thing they communicated to another player outside of the main game thread, if anything.

The Mafia of MathBlade and Chip Butty Wins!

Mod PT:

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73764
This is a Parachute.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Chip Butty »

GG, all. Thanks for modding, Jingle. Excellent work!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

Gg all agreed.

Nice modding Jingle.

This game was insane and definitely not a standard game for sure.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”