Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:16 am

Post by Amrun »

I had hopes for you, alti. :( good ol college try.

ALSO ELVIS ILU BUT YOU SOOOOO SCUMSLIPPED

Can't believe no one else jumped on that! I was not at all surprised you were daytalking scum.

It's so lame we had to kill you since I totally knew you scumslipped but you had too much towncred to push it too far since no one alive was honestly competent enough to recognize it for what it was.

LOVED the scavenging mechanic, though! It was a pretty setup, llama.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:21 am

Post by GreyICE »

Lowell wrote:I vote vezo for MVP. at least towards the end.

No

I mean you realize Atil was the first wagon on scum he was actually for. Other than that he dodged scum wagons like a pro, while getting every town wagon.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Town got lucky.
FLASH OF GREEN
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Amrun »

Alti played very well.

Tajo played well until ckd's gambit. :(

Hez played well and perfectly served his function of going down in flames and handing us the sk on a platter.

SOMEHOW, he convinced the town he was a vig and we were forced to kill him. Wtf about that. SERIOUSLY. Town did some dumb shit this game.

My play was pretty hampered by the meatworld this game. Apologies to all. :(
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Snarky
Snarky
Goon
Snarky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Snarky »

QTsQTsQTsQTsQTs!!!!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:18 am

Post by GreyICE »

Amrun wrote:Alti played very well.

Tajo played well until ckd's gambit. :(

Hez played well and perfectly served his function of going down in flames and handing us the sk on a platter.

SOMEHOW, he convinced the town he was a vig and we were forced to kill him. Wtf about that. SERIOUSLY. Town did some dumb shit this game.

My play was pretty hampered by the meatworld this game. Apologies to all. :(

Wait you think we cared if he was the SK or not?

Once he claimed he became a tool of the town, and thus anti-scum. I believe it was said several times - who the fuck cares, we need the gunshots.

And indeed, the scum team did have to kill him.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Altilysian
Altilysian
Goon
Altilysian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Altilysian »

I'm ok with releasing the QT.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:54 am

Post by silavor »

I'm just surprised it took the scumteam that long to choose to kill off CKD and EK.

Amrun, you really overestimated the town this game :P
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:31 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

I was mostly calling CKD town because he wasn't part of the NKing team and him being alive meant no more daykills could occur if he was part of a hyena team, which I briefly touched on at some point I think. As soon as I died, it should have become plainly obvious that the game was mountainous (I was like the 8th consecutive VT death and 5 more claimed VTs alive, with NO PR results to speak of?)

I'm actually surprised scum even killed CKD. Town would have figured out he was scum if they ever massclaimed so he was a wasted kill. And if you killed Elvis before CKD, town would have pretty much insta-lynched CKD, which would have bought an extra NK/possible mislynch. Which also makes me wonder why CKD claimed Hyena..... If Elvis died (and Elvis was a strong town read for a lot of players), he was pretty much condemned to death.

Town lucked out in this game, but scum misplayed here and there. This is one of those games I'd rather forget ever happened.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:16 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

More notes time.

This game was to try a few things from a moderation/theory standpoint

1) Showing that being able to kill lurkers at will could be basis for a scumteam. This game may have been an exception to the rule though it seems, since there were so few daykills that actually did occur. Most minis get more people lurking out then this one had. Have to wonder if CKD hadden't claimed if it would have been lurkier. I do like that mechanic though of people being able to vig based off of activity of others, its a good way to combat the lurker problem that seems to exist in larger games in todays meta
2) New (?) mafia nerf role. The goon who can't kill I wanted to see play out since I am not sure what scum would do to it, or how they would actually go about playing it. Where I stood though I knew a 18:3 was a bit town sided, and a 18:4 was scum sided, so to keep the game mountainous, a reoccuring theme in my games, I just invented the weak goon. One of those roles that actually becomes worse for scum as it makes it further in the game since there are normally less scum to submit a kill.
3) Animosity GF. The godfather was the absolute, which I actually have in design notes as (GF = .95 goon) since it could cause other scum to want it out of the way so they have more say in what goes on. Nothing really came from that though, so it may be closer to 1=1 then I thought.
4) Same names. This was something I was surprised no one made a fuss about actually. I was predicting in design phase that there may be a counter claim or two to the first VT claim. Everything was spread out randomly though with those names. Also surpirsed there was no actual massnameclaim, just everyone deciding "yeah its mountainous".

I thought the hyena group did a very good job with what they had to work with, and if I ran this again, I would give then a joint one shot BP. Both managed to stay in the town but not too town area for a majority of the game.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Cirno »

CKD's new avatar.

It is quick and dirty but that kinda adds to the flavor.
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:00 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

town got incredibly lucky..I was more town then most town, catching Hez's scummy bullshit and then tajo in the gambit.

I should have claimed just about anything else animal wise, but that might have kept me in the game longer...who knows.

here is another thought..if I had not claimed, and I died (flipping scum) hez would have been confirmed town with the cop claim....

and even though I think the bet was against game rules...I am good to my word.

once you did that bet I knew you were town...I have done similiar as town multiple times...it has never saved me...not once...but I know where you were coming from.

I am fine with my QT being released.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Fate »

My god... props to the VI superLyLo teaM
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

lol
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Amrun »

ZeL1nK wrote:I was mostly calling CKD town because he wasn't part of the NKing team and him being alive meant no more daykills could occur if he was part of a hyena team, which I briefly touched on at some point I think.
As soon as I died, it should have become plainly obvious that the game was mountainous (I was like the 8th consecutive VT death and 5 more claimed VTs alive, with NO PR results to speak of?)

I'm actually surprised scum even killed CKD. Town would have figured out he was scum if they ever massclaimed so he was a wasted kill. And if you killed Elvis before CKD, town would have pretty much insta-lynched CKD, which would have bought an extra NK/possible mislynch. Which also makes me wonder why CKD claimed Hyena..... If Elvis died (and Elvis was a strong town read for a lot of players), he was pretty much condemned to death.

Town lucked out in this game, but scum misplayed here and there. This is one of those games I'd rather forget ever happened.

Thanks. Yeah, it was blatantly obvious, but I got lynched for saying it was blatantly obvious...

I DID want to quash the mass claim idea because I thought maybe they were in groups of 3 (the names) and I didn't want to accidentally create some 1 v 1s.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:11 am

Post by Ankamius »

This was a pretty fun thread to watch. The end was really anti-climactic though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”