Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:12 am

Post by Gaspode »

Oh, and Jeep, if you are a doc, I say you should protect Werebear, because then we'll have our claimed cop tomorrow, another role, and at least a 4-1 advantage over the mafia.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:32 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Jeep, as doctor, can you protect yourself (from night kills)?
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:20 pm

Post by jeep »

Jeep, as doctor, can you protect yourself (from night kills)?

It wasn't explicitly stated. I will check.

Jeep, if you are a doc, I say you should protect Werebear, because then we'll have our claimed cop tomorrow, another role, and at least a 4-1 advantage over the mafia.

Umm... when should I protect him? It's a crap shoot. But if I travel back in time to save mathcam, we get a confirmed, time doc, confirmed time travel stopper, and a confirmed doc. The TT doc could then save Werebear on some random night betweeen night 1 and 4.

So here is the final summary:
Dead

mathcam murdered night 1 - trainee time cop (ambic), innocent (gasode)
Corsato lynched day 1 - normal doc (ambic), innocent (gaspode)
mikegoo lynched day 1 - scientist that could prevent time travel (ambic), innocent (gaspode)
Polotet lynched day 1 - time travelling doc (ambic), innocent (gaspode)
BigFella murdered night 2 - mafia (ambic, gaspode)
Green Crayons lynched day 2 - mafia (ambic, gaspode)

Alive

Lucresia - Forensic Scientist (gets information about crime scene, innocent by Werebear)
Dragon Slayer - time travelling vigilante (confirmed by Lucresia and no counter claim)
Werebear - time cop
ambic - Coroner (gets full role of all deceased)
jeep - doc, replacement time doc
Gaspode - psychic (gets alignment of deceased)

Gaspode, I believe your role is more balanced than Ambic's but it's a suspicious claim. "Yeah, I'm what JEEP thought Ambic was..."

-JEEP
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:24 pm

Post by jeep »

I got my answer. I am the doctor described on the roles pages. I cannot protect myself "tonight" but I can travel into the future to protect myself then.

-JEEP
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:12 pm

Post by Werebear »

All the roles are scientific roles... Forensic expert, coroner, etc... except for one.
Vote: Gaspode
. It's also very easy to claim 'cop' when every role is 'known' except for yours.

If something happens to me tonight, the rest of the night's adventures should give away who's who.

Werebear
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:57 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I agree, with all the other investigative roles, there is no reason Gaspode should have that ability too. He probably just made it up at the last minute. It jsut doesn't fit in.
Vote Gaspode
. Unless you have an excuse?
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:07 pm

Post by jeep »

Makes sense to me.
vote: Gaspode ; vote: end day

-JEEP
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:49 pm

Post by Gaspode »

DS, my only excuse is that I'm a psychic. I don't know what else to do. Lynch me if you want--you have ambic (or so you think). But tomorrow you will hear (or read, actually) those dreaded words from ambic "well, he was telling the truth." You're just hurting yourselves. But look on the bright side--at least you'll still have a 4-1 advantage on the mafia tomorrow. But if you believe ambic the whole time, you'll all die.

But wait! Before you lynch me, I have one last desperate attempt to prove my innocence. I just have to email/pm the mod to make sure it's allowed. So give me a day or so, and I might be able to save an innocent psychic (me, obviously).
MOD, PLEASE ANSWER MY EMAIL/PM ASAP SO I DON'T GET LYNCHED!

I'd vote ambic, but that would go against everything we as a town agreed upon during Day 1, so just
Huge vote-like FOS: ambic
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:24 pm

Post by jeep »

unvote: end day
OK, I'm curious now.

-JEEP
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:30 pm

Post by Werebear »

Unvote: Gaspode
for the moment, bringing him down to 3.... not sure if it's too late or not, but I too want to hear this.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:40 pm

Post by jeep »

There is no "too late" unless we go past the deadline... lynches don't happen with majority. They happen when the deadline comes or five of us vote to end the day. Currently there are no votes to end the day. I think we have a lot of time before the deadline, too. Did it get announced?

-JEEP
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:15 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Well, just in case,
unvote Gaspode
, for now. I'm also going to ask CS to extend the day, regardless the deadline (seeing we don't know when it is, we wouldn't want it to be tomorrow).
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:38 pm

Post by jeep »

unvote: Gaspode
OK. So what did CS say?

-JEEP
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:48 am

Post by jeep »

Gaspode?? It's been two days. CS is pretty good about responding immediately... what's going on?

-JEEP
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:38 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I haven't gotten a reply yet. 8O
MOD: HURRY UP!!!!!
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:59 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Actually, I just checked my pm box. The pm is still in my outbox. :? But I did send an email at the same time...is he away?

I'll send him another email now, and if I don't get an answer soon I just might do it anyway. I'm pretty sure it's allowed (something similar was used in another game), but I don't really know how strict CS is about that stuff.

Sorry about this.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:22 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

The mod has returned. I was away, and not ignoring Gaspode's email. The end of the day was mentioned at the beginning of the day, specifically, for next Tuesday (8 days from now). No hurry.

Gaspode's email has been responded to. I expect all players to continue to play in a professional manner (remembering all the house rules we play with).
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:32 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Ok. Have talked to the mod, and I'm sort of allowed to do what I want to do.

I am going to take a page from Green Crayons' (or GARM's, I can't remember which) book and try a similar trick to what he did in Discworld mafia. Ambic, did CS give your role a sort of "label" towards the end of his post that could also apply to my role (for example a ______ role)? If so, what is it?

If you are correct, then we have verified each other's innocence. If you are not correct, the I know you are scum.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:35 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I wrote:If you are not correct, the I know you are scum.

The "the" is a "then", BTW.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:23 pm

Post by Werebear »

*awaits breathfully*
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:00 pm

Post by ambic »

Well I cant remember and I had to delete the original message to get my message box down in size.

Sorry but Im going to have to get the mod to resend me the role desc before I can answer the question.

Sorry -
Mod - can you resend me my role description please
. If it proves my innocence Ill use it - but youll need to wait till I get it...
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:01 am

Post by jeep »

Holy cow... how long is this going to take?

Also, how is Amb going to confirm YOUR innocence if he gives the "right" answer? Something smells off... If HE reveals the information, you just say "oh, yeah, that's right, we're both innocent. now let's lynch the doctor"... And, of course, it works the same the other way. IF you are innocent, you would be giving a potential mafia the opportunity to 'prove' innocence by agreeing with you. I think that trick only really works if there are multiple people who know the answer and better if there are TWO identifiable things in the message so each can reveal one aspect.

-JEEP
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:37 am

Post by jeep »

OK, I'm bored.

What happens if we "no lynch" today?

Werebear, Lucresia, and DS are all but 100% cleared (unless Lucresia is godfather-- but in that case, I think we lose anyway)

Worst case is that they kill the three confirmed innocents:
Night 1: Mafia kills Werebear on night 5
Night 2: Mafia kills Lucresia on night 5
Night 3: Mafia kills Dragon Slayer on night 5

Night 4: Mafia killed Mathcam on night 1- this we know

Night 5: Mafia kills Jeep (or the other innocent person... hmm... who got me to reveal that I can't protect myself? That was a stupid thing for me to reveal... FOS whoever asked me that question)

That is highly unlikely, but if it happened then it comes down to 1 vs 1 tomorrow. And the rules of this game makes that a tie since the mafia and the townsperson will vote and lynch each other- in case of a tie, all parties are lynched.

That is the worst case. It's more likely that the mafia weren't so lucky at picking their targets. Also, I'm going to bring mathcam back, meaning the mafia either needs to kill mathcam again or face THREE confirmed innocents. Hell, if they came back, they get to vote today... they will know if Ambic is telling the truth. If he was correct, they can vote Gaspode, if not they can vote Ambic. Anyway, if they spend a kill on mathcam again, then we will have up to three kills tonight. Likely leaving us in a 2-1 situation. Again a no-lynch gives us a tie. I think I'm likely to be one of the people killed, too, which would make it more likely that there are two confirmed innocents.

Is there any way we get less than a tie? It's likely that either one or two of their kills were 'wasted' (they attempted to kill someone who was lynched or whatever) or they set up kills for night 6.

If they are set up for night 6, then we are in even better shape. Werebear investigates one of Ambic or Gaspode. If werebear dies, then we are sure that mathcam will come back to life, proving my innocence. (If he doesn't then we lynch me.) If he does, then the people who come back to life know if Ambic is telling the truth and can vote him or Gaspode as appropriate.

Is there anything wrong with this logic? I told myself I wasn't going to do things like this at 3am, but I just don't see the flaw. Worst case, we tie, right?

-JEEP
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:22 am

Post by Werebear »

Um, I hate to ask this - but can the mafia wait on a kill an early night,
and THEN specify who they're going to kill later (for that night)?
? It's all well to say that the mafia for night 1 wish to kill Werebear on night 5, but did they specify that on night 1? On night 1, they're supposed to be using the knowledge they HAVE on night 1. I don't think the mafia can say "We'll wait until night 5, and then kill 5 people at once."
Unless they say "We'll wait for night 5, and then kill Mikegoo, Jeep, Werebear, ambic, and Lucresia
, in which case they take the chance that the person has been killed/lynched in the meantime. If they can specify targets for early nights later on, then this game is in more trouble than we think. Think about it - if the mafia waits until there's 4 town and 1 mafia left, THEN get to choose 4 people to kill...

I do agree with what you're saying about "YOU tell ME what your role says, and I'll tell you if it's right", Jeep... but I can't help thinking you're lying about your role. If this coming night wasn't going to prove you one way or another...
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:24 am

Post by Werebear »

Oh, and as for your scenario - we're supposed to be having three townies come back to life, did you forget?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”