BigFella
BigFella
Watcher
BigFella
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:07 am

Post by BigFella »

As the sun dawns over the hills of Taurianova, The Don steps outside and welcomes the morning light. He walks along the street to see the bullet riddled body of MeMe lying limp and lifeless on the ground. There is even a bullet hole through her police badge. A smile creeps across his face as he knows exactly how she got there. He continues walking only to find the body of Windchill slumped over the hood of his police car with a bullet through the eyes.
"Hmm, I guess discer was pretty busy last night as well,"
The Don utters through an evil grin.
"But I wonder where he is?"

The Don looks all over the place, but can't seem to find discer anywhere.
But just as he draws near the town square he suddenly hears a very faint voice floating on the wind.
"Hehe, gotcha now."

BANG!

The Don drops to his knees, feeling a little more than just short of breath. He wipes his face only to feel a small trickle of blood oozing out of hole in his forehead. He collapses to one side, dead.

Discer looks away from the sight on his sniper-rifle with a very wry smile on his face.
"This is my town,"
he cries.
"Mwahahahahaha..."

MeMe, insane cope, has been found dead, riddled with bullets.

Windchill, sane cop, has been shot in the head and killed.

The Don, member of Alludini mafia, has been shot in the head and killed.

GAME OVER. The Zaccagnini mafia, with it's sole surviving member, discer, has won.

Thanks for playing everyone. We did have a little "muddy" patch in the middle ( :wink: ), but it was the holidays. All in all I had a great time modding this one. I'll put up day-by-day info and full roles later. But for the moment, comments?
There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:17 am

Post by MeMe »

Yeah, I got a comment for ya'...But instead I'll post something more wholesome.

OK - Windchill & I are each killed by one of the remaining mafia. Why isn't it a draw, then? What makes discer victorious? Did you know that you're an evil mod who made me insane in real life? Huh?

Don, discer, truly good game. I can't believe I backed off of the discer lynch and tentatively believed that ridiculous (in retrospect) "playing my cards right" post. But, in my defense, I was
insane
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:25 am

Post by MeMe »

And, half the town is mafia (with 2 of them powerful godfathers)?? And one of the cops is useless? And one of the cops has a role that sounds like a lie? And the...and the...and...

I will just have to say that if the town had won this game it would have been nothing short of miraculous.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:26 am

Post by DoomCow »

I fingered The Don, but you wouldn't believe me! AARGH! And to top it all, next night I was planning to investigate Discer :{

Oh well... good game Discer... Grew suspicious on the day I got lynched

Nice playing Don, liked the claim, but was less happy about the results of it...
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:31 am

Post by DoomCow »

Almost forgot... Special thanks to the BigFella that modded this game. Had great fun while it lasted... And I'm really curious about the negatice effects of my role... All I can think off is overdosing if used to often...
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
BigFella
BigFella
Watcher
BigFella
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:50 am

Post by BigFella »

ROLES:

Medic X 2 (Hitman, CaptainBlicero)

You are a Medic, and so you carry a med pack. Each night you choose someone to visit and if they need healing you heal and save them.
Mod’s note: Protected can still be killed if targeted by Sharpshooter.

Paramedic (Dragon Phoenix)

You are a Paramedic, and so you carry a life-support med pack. Each night you choose someone to visit and if they need healing, you can heal them or even bring them back to life, if need be.
Mod’s note: Guaranteed protecting from any kind of night-kill attempt.

Cop X 2 (Windchill, MeMe)

You are a Cop, and as such you are able to investigate one person each night. From the information you receive about them you are able to determine whether you find them ‘guilty’ or ‘not-guilty’.
Mod’s note: One is sane, the other insane.

Drug-Addicted Cop (DoomCow)

You are a Drug-Addicted Cop and as such you have one of two choices each night.

Firstly, you can choose to withhold from taking drugs on a night, which makes you appear innocent to any other investigative roles there may be. You will also get to investigate one person and will be told either ‘guilty’ or ‘not-guilty’.

Your second choice is to take the drugs on a night. If you choose to do this, then not only will you appear guilty if investigated, but you also become agitated and cannot sleep. As you stay up all night, you will then be able to perform more work, making two investigations, both of which you will be told either ‘guilty’ or ‘not-guilty’. However, as always, when taking drugs there may be some adverse effects…
Mod’s note: All results given are sane, however, first time second option is chosen results are normal. But each time thereafter there is a steadily increasing chance (25%) that each result will be nonsense. Eg. "X appears to be a mushroom". Once 100% is reached they will permanently remain ‘tripped out’ until they refrain from any night activity on one night, from whence they will return to normal.

Zaccagnini mafia – Sharpshooter (discer)

Each night the three of you decide on one person to kill. You must also decide on which one of you three will be performing the killing. If a deadline is set and reached and you still have not decided on a target one will be randomly selected for you, and one of you will be randomly selected to perform the kill.
Within this mafia group, you are a Sharpshooter. This means that whenever you perform a night kill, even if the target is being protected by a normal doctor-type role, they will still be killed. However, should you die or should one your other mafia members be chosen to make the kill, then it will still be susceptible to all the normal rules.
Mod’s note: If kill performed by sharpshooter, it takes place before other night-time kills, with exception of targeting Alludini Godfather.

Zaccagnini mafia – Henchperson X 2 (jasamine, NightStalker)

Each night the three of you decide on one person to kill. You must also decide on which one of you three will be performing the killing. If a deadline is set and reached and you still have not decided on a target one will be randomly selected for you, and one of you will be randomly selected to perform the kill.
Onboard your team, discer is a Sharpshooter. This means that whenever a night kill is performed by discer, even if the target is being protected by a normal doctor-type role, they will still be killed. However, should discer die or should one of you other mafia members be chosen to make the kill, then it will still be susceptible to all the normal rules.

Alludini mafia – Godfather (jesternl)

Within this mafia group, you are the Godfather. This means that you are invulnerable against any normal night kill attempts there may be at you, and when investigated you appear innocent.
Mod’s note: Still susceptible to a kill attempt by Sharpshooter, but dulls the attempt down to a normal kill, so therefore can be saved if protected by a normal doc-type role.

Alludini mafia – Henchperson X 2 (The Don, EscapedConvict)

Onboard you team, jesternl is the Godfather. This means that he is invulnerable to any normal night kill attempts there may be at him, as well as appear innocent when investigated.

Hopefully this should explain a few things. :D Still more to come later...
BigFella.
There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:50 am

Post by quercitron »

Perhaps he ran it with discer having Godfather immunity to night kill, and the dead Alludini Godfather having Godfather immunity to investigation? That would end it in discer's favor.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:53 am

Post by quercitron »

Simulpost. Oops, I guess not. What was the incentive for the Z Mafia not to just run sharpshooting the entire time?
BigFella
BigFella
Watcher
BigFella
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:36 pm

Post by BigFella »

Querci: There was none. It was to their advantage as long as he was alive. Same as it was Alludini mafia's advantage as long as Godfather (jesternl) was alive. However, due to discer's role (Sharpshooter), I had to find out who of the other team was being used to perform each hit. So I decided to make it more interesting and told both teams that I also had to find out who the attacker was. This, I'm assuming, led them to believe that there could have been a "Night-watchman", or something along those lines out there. Therefore making Zaccagnini mafia wary of using discer, just in case.

Oh, and the reason discer won is because the only way it could have been a mafia draw is if it was a showdown between Sharpshooter and Godfather, or Henchman vs. Henchman. But as discer had the extra part about his particular role, that allowed to take the first hit on what would have been the following night.

I'll put up the day-by-day later, but gotta go at the moment.

BigFella.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:50 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Man, I bungled that role claim bad.... who knew there were no simple townies in this game?

btw BigFella.... the fact that me and Hitman were both Medics, and DP was a "Paramedic" is what made me vote him.... I got the feeling he was innocent, especially since I protected him Night 1, but it seemed like he was trying too hard and making up a role. I definitely should've gone with the gut on that one.

And dammit! Why didn't you people lynch discer when I told you to?

what a crazy game.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:23 pm

Post by discer »

I STRONGLY ENCOURAGED my family to let me do all the killing as long as I lived but they didn't want me to. Well, actually Jasamine didn't tell us what she thought till after the deadline for the first night, then got herself lynched the first day. My family as you can see, was no help. I was fairly certain that Jesternl had a key role and wanted him dead the first night but as I said my family wouldn't let me do the killing so he survived our first attmpt. But not the second.......

Once MeMe came out as Cop I figured her to be a reverse cop too so couldn't kill her and risk verifying it.

Kudos to The Don, I didn't think you were mafia but planned on setting you up anyway. Provided that MeMe continued to play along..... teeheehee. I've played in games where one family had no GF and the other did but had fewer members, that coupled with only one kill (i'm guessing doc protection is why) the night after I killed Escaped Convict made me think only two Alludini existed. Why did you decide to kill MeMe on the last night and not Windchille or myself?

I take great personal victory in surviving the third day (?), that was a close one, after that I figured I would be dead each time I turned my computer on. If you hadn't guessed already, my remarks in game about the mod were soley for survival purposes. I even pmed him an apology and explanation. Thanx Bigfella!

Questions? Comments?
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:15 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

Great job, discer. I was amazed that you escaped that lynching.

This was my first game ever as mafia, and I probably made it too obvious with my repeated vote hopping. (Or was there another reason I was targeted on night 2?) Oh well. I'll be sure to be more circumspect next time...
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
BigFella
BigFella
Watcher
BigFella
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:42 pm

Post by BigFella »

Here is that Day-by-Day I promised. Each night action is listed in order of how they would have happened. ie: Docs first, Cops second, Mafia third, etc.

Night 1
Paramedic (Dragon Phoenix) :arrow: MeMe
Medic (CaptainBlicero) :arrow: Dragon Phoenix
Medic (Hitman) :arrow: Windchill
Drug-Addicted Cop (DoomCow) :arrow: Dragon Phoenix :arrow: innocent
Cop {sane} (Windchill) :arrow: DoomCow :arrow: innocent
Cop {insane} (MeMe) :arrow: discer :arrow: innocent
Alludini Mafia (EscapedConvict) :arrow: Hitman
Zaccagnini Mafia (jasamine) :arrow: jesternl

Day 1
Lynched :arrow: jasamine

Dead:
Hitman
jasamine

Night 2
Paramedic (Dragon Phoenix) :arrow: MeMe
Medic (CaptainBlicero) :arrow: MeMe
Drug-Addicted Cop (DoomCow) :arrow: MeMe :arrow: innocent
Cop {sane} (Windchill) :arrow: jesternl :arrow: innocent
Cop {insane} (MeMe) à Dragon Phoenix :arrow: guilty
Zaccagnini Mafia (discer) :arrow: jesternl
Alludini Mafia (The Don) :arrow: Nightstalker

Day 2
Lynched :arrow: Dragon Phoenix

Dead:
Hitman
Jasamine
Nightstalker
Jesternl
Dragon Phoenix

Night 3
Medic (CaptainBlicero) :arrow: MeMe
Drug-Addicted Cop (DoomCow) :arrow: The Don :arrow: guilty
(DoomCow second) :arrow: EscapedConvict :arrow: guilty
Cop {sane} (Windchill) :arrow: MeMe :arrow: innocent
Cop {insane} (MeMe) :arrow: CaptainBlicero :arrow: guilty
Zaccagnini Mafia (discer) :arrow: EscapedConvict
Alludini Mafia (EscapedConvict) :arrow: discer

Day 3
Lynched :arrow: DoomCow

Dead:
Hitman
Jasamine
Nightstalker
Jesternl
Dragon Phoenix
EscapedConvict
DoomCow

Night 4
Medic (CaptainBlicero) :arrow: Windchill
Cop {sane} (Windchill) :arrow: The Don :arrow: guilty
Cop {insane} (MeMe) :arrow: The Don :arrow: innocent
Zaccagnini Mafia (discer) :arrow: CaptainBlicero
Alludini Mafia (The Don) :arrow: Windchill

Day 4
Lynched :arrow: No Lynch

Dead:
Hitman
Jasamine
Nightstalker
Jesternl
Dragon Phoenix
EscapedConvict
DoomCow
CaptainBlicero

Night 5
Cop {sane} (Windchill) :arrow: discer :arrow: guilty
Cop {insane} (MeMe) :arrow: Windchill :arrow: guilty
Zaccagnini Mafia (discer) :arrow: Windchill
Alludini Mafia (The Don) :arrow: MeMe

This left only discer and The Don alive, and with discer having the Sharpshooter advantage, he would have shot The Don first the following night, and doing so won the game.
The Don
The Don
Townie
The Don
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:10 pm

Post by The Don »

Discer -
I did ot kill you on the last night cause I thought you'd try and kill me. (I had you pegged as scum). This would have ended in a town victory, and I could not stand for that. I was accually going for the draw, but did not count on your being a sniper.
Join the Family
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:15 pm

Post by discer »

The Don wrote:
. (I had you pegged as scum).

Yes, hindsight is always 20/20. Especially after your brethren tried to kill me and failed. Maybe I'm just feeling froggy. Maybe not.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”