Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:09 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Or could it be that you were my other possibiltity, and mordargo proved himself not to be scum?
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:30 am

Post by Someone »

Pheobus dies, and he is found to be Lord voldemort, the last remaining mafia good job town.

Roles were as follows:
Untrod Tripod- Was hermione granger. She had a sort of role searcher ability, which was basically a toned down cop. She would target somebody every night and the info she would get was somewhat descriptive of the person's role.

modargo- Was ron who had a one shot doc/cop/vig ability which he used to great effect.

Gaspode- Had the philosoper's stone which had to be passed around each night, the owner had night kill immunity for the duration.

Dragon Slayer- Had to kill all gryffindoor students. He was a strengthened sk because he only had to kill about half of the population.

vIQleS- Neville longbottom, Whoever he targeted had everything he did randomised. He targeted electra and pheobus.

mole- Professor Mcgonagall, which was a doc who would die if her target was killed.

Thoth- had a one shot convert ability, which had very favorable possibilities for the town. It never worked.

Quailman- Professor Lockhart, he was pro-town, unlynchable, but required to kill.

Electra- Professor snape, was a cop, but if he invesigated a gryffindoor student they would die.

Phoebus- Voldemort, Investigation/night kill immunity, GF of mafia.

Kerplunk-Lucius malfoy, mafia

melchizedek- Crouch, mafia
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:35 am

Post by Phoebus »

Well played town!

Guess I have to practice pulling the wool over people's eyes to more effect :P

Maybe I'll make an exception to the not asking for a title oneself and ask for : Not
always
scum! :P
Sheesh, my first two minis and scum (GF to boot) in both. Hope that dos not stick. :lol:

Who switched me? Neville randomised stuff. Did that mean he switched my target to Electra last night?

Well played again!

~Phoebus~
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:29 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Good play town. I wanna to apology to Phoebus with my stupid stupid action on day 1. Always count the votes before you vote (one of the basic rules in 'The-Big-How-To-Play-Mafia-as-Mafia'-book)...
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:53 am

Post by Phoebus »

Don't worry about it Kerplunk. It's no big deal. It's a game.
I'm sure there will be other opportunities for us to scheme together some time.

Maybe your punishment can be to play in ALL of the games I might moderate in the future? So I'll atleast have one player? :P

j/k.

~Phoebus~
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:13 am

Post by modargo »

I must say, being a 1-shot day-vig was quite fun. It's really a powerful role, even without the possibility of investigating or protecting. Killing is much better anyway :twisted:.

I think the scum were really hurt by the roles they claimed. They just stuck out horribly. I think it would have been a better strategy to claim the role of a teacher -- just look at how we had Snape, McGonagall, Lockhart, and Dumbledore. Claiming something like Trelawney (the divination teacher) with either a useless investigative ability or a one-shot investigative ability would've been believable. Or one of the other Dark Arts teachers or something.

Also, it didn't help the scum that all three of the main characters survived throughout the game... but that was really just bad luck for them.

Overall, a good game. Seems the town had a bit of an advantage, but the inherent randomness of Snape, Malfoy, and Lockhart really could have sent the game either way.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:29 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I must say, I almost had some of you believing me. Or at least very confused. ADMIT IT! :P

On a side note, for this mini, I think having Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Dumbledore all in the game was a little silly even if they are major characters. THere's only 12 people in the game and as you can see, with all the kills going on, this game ended on DAY 2!!! Once those 4 claimed, it only left the two obvious remaining scum. We hardly had a chance. If I had just stuck with my roleclaim and not posted some of my own logic posts (which I still stand by completly) then I definetly would have had no chance. Well, being in my position of the game I'm not very happy at all with it, being that I really couldn't have won. However, I respect all the hard work that goes into moderating any game and therefore give someone a pat on the back for everything going right....sorta.
Good job town- you BETTER have won!

-DS
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:32 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Oh and you might want to include role names with the abilities. This would have been a much better set up as a normal game. Might want to think about making it one (with some changes so that we don't know things others don't).

-DS
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:10 am

Post by Someone »

Pheobus and me are thinking of making it one...hopefully it will be pretty good.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:59 am

Post by Thoth »

Thanks for the game someone. I'm now 5 out of 5 in games where I'm town :D . Even won the 2 that I was killed night one :mrgreen:

Wow, we must have set a record. A town win on day 2 :D .
I do agree with DS that this theme is probably better suited for a large game. I do not think this game was really unbalanced, but more that the roles caused it to be rather random. A potential 4 kills per night (5 if you count modargo's one shot) is too many for a mini. I do feel that all roles should have some kind of ability to reflect the magical nature of the game, but most roles should be toned down a bit. Especially my role was a bit too strong as succesfully targeting a Mafia early would mean outing all Mafia members. Next to that the confirmed innocent is a large bonus.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:42 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”