Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:04 am

Post by Tam »

gin wrote:Melchizedek, you deliberately avoided posting your role name in a clear format which is enough to make you guilty in my eyes. I'm sure you're either Demmin Nass or Darken Rahl.
Hmm, I suspect those are both bad guys that he named. Anyhow, as promised, I will
vote Melchizedek
for posting more than 1 role name in his post. Too scummy.
You were much more on the ball with this game earlier. I think you spent the last day pming the mod back and forth finding a loophole. What I don't understand is why you aren't dead already. Since the mod told me I couldn't list names in my post. :? The penalty I got told was that the MC killed me instantly.
Tam
[url=http://maddox.xmission.com/tictacs.html]Bush or Tictacs?[/url]
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:06 am

Post by Tam »

Hmmm well, I guess that's that. Didn't realise he'd posted the 3rd vote while I was posting. :) Oh well, it needed doing.
Tam
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:11 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Tam wrote:What I don't understand is why you aren't dead already. Since the mod told me I couldn't list names in my post. :? The penalty I got told was that the MC killed me instantly.
Well, there are 2 possibilities: Mel could be immune to my powers in some way, and has stupidly exposed that, or the mod just hasn't seen it yet. Well, anyway, if the mod doesn't kill him, we should.

Who wants to put the last votes on? We need 2 more!
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:19 am

Post by modargo »

Actually, FD, we already have four votes -- me, gin, Tam, and you. And with six people left, that's the lynch. This day is over, and hopefully the game too.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:45 am

Post by willows_weep »

Oh dude!!

What was wrong with mels post?
He had brought up a point about Tam that I had wondered about. But FD's post pretty much cleared Tam a lot. But then again didn't Tam just say she pm'd the mod a lot about the command?
Either way it was interesting and scummy seeming that Mel brought it up.

Modargo. My thread topic says that its 6 to lynch.
Now if there are 6 of us that is definately weird.

FD did they have to write specifically " I am" blah blah..?
I am going to read mels post again, but I suppose it doesn't matter if what Modargo says is true.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
melchizedek
melchizedek
Townie
melchizedek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:50 am

Post by melchizedek »

I should be dead now. With four votes I believe I have been lynched. I'm not sure I was allowed to do that either, but if all I say is I am Darken Rahl, I'm just as dead as if the mod kills me. Yes, you lynched me. I'm dead. I don't know if anyone else is scum but I certainly am.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:53 am

Post by willows_weep »

Ah Rahl. So mel you have read the book right?
Have you read the second? How does Rahl feel knowing Richard is his son??

How do you feel playing the character?

Did you think bring the possibility of Tam being mafia would really help you?
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

gin
gin
Goon
gin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:58 am

Post by gin »

willows_weep wrote:Oh dude!!

What was wrong with mels post?
Well, the problem was he was ment to be naming his role, but instead he just named 3 - any of which could have been his, including his original role.

G & T
[size=84] "In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded" - Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies [/size]
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:03 am

Post by willows_weep »

oh ok I thought it was only when someone says " I am so and so"
that counted.
Like you could say any amount of names in the post as long as somewhere it specifically stated I am whoever.

but I now suppose there is no order.

gin
gin
Goon
gin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:11 am

Post by gin »

He didn't say he was Darken Rahl, he said he was the first wizard. Then he named darken rahl elsewhere in the hope of getting away with it.

G & T
[size=84] "In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded" - Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies [/size]
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:08 am

Post by Kerplunk »

And that's that. With 4 votes melchizedek is lynched and he was in fact
Darken Rahl
. Congratulations, town.

It is now night. Please send your choices ASAP.

:lol: Just kidding. With Darken Rahl dead there is no
EVIL
left.

GAME OVER,
GOOD WINS!!!
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
gin
gin
Goon
gin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:12 am

Post by gin »

We are so smart, SMRT, we are so smrt!
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:17 am

Post by Kerplunk »

I have a lot to say about this game. I had fun, but I also did a lot of things wrong. Also I think some roles were too strong and about some roles I should better think about the PM's I write to the player (f.e. Denna). I thank all the players for participating very well, I was very pleased to see every day new posts. I will post my own EOG-statement in a short while, I have now not much time for it.

I really would like to hear from you all what you thought about the game, the balance between the two sides, the roles, etcetera.

List of Roles

Richard Cypher (tehgood)
: You are Richard Cypher, wielder of the Sword of Thruth. When you have enough rage in you can use the Sword of Thruth by choosing a player each night. If that player is evil then you will kill him, if the player is innocent he will live.
Your rage is measured in ragepoints (RP’s). When an innocent dies, you will gain 1 RP. When Kahlan dies you will gain 2 RP’s. When your total RP-level is higher then 5, you can use the Sword of Thruth.
GOOD.

Kahlan Amnell (Flying Dutchman)
: Your name is Kahlan Amnell and you are the Mother Confessor. Each night you can let a player confess using your powers. You can make that player roleclaim the following day, make him vote for another player of your choosing or distract him from his night-task if he has any. When you have used your powers, you need time to rest, and will be unable to use your power the following night.
GOOD.

Mord Sith Denna (modargo)
: The character you are is Mord-sith Denna. With you’re rod, the Agiel, you can beat information out of someone. The only thing you can make one do is let them confess if they’re GOOD or EVIL.
GOOD.

Adie (rebel lord)
: Your name is Adie. With your potions and herbs and magic you can heal people. Each night you can choose a player, that player will be immune to nightkills.
GOOD.

Birdman (gin)
: Birdman that is who you are. You are the leader of the Mudpeople. willows_weep is also member of the Mudpeople. He is Savidlin. You can talk at night with him about the game.
GOOD

Savidlin (willows_weep)
: At the Mudpeople you are known as Savidlin. The leader of the Mudpeople is gin. He is Birdman. You can talk with him at night about the game.
GOOD

Scarlet (EnPaceRequiescat)
: A dragon you are, Scarlet the dragon. Your bond is very strong with Richard. If you see a number of people on the ground when you are flying, you know if Richard is one of them. Each night you give me the names of
any
number of players and you receive a PM if Richard is one of them.
GOOD

Wizard Giller (Tam)
: You are Wizard Giller. Although you are not so skillfull as the First Wizard, you know some things about magic. This might come in handy soon.
GOOD

Micheal, brother of Richard (Mr_Gnome_It_All)
: Now the border is down you can go into the Midlands. You decide to side with Darken Rahl. You are the mafia-traitor. The mafia in this game are melchizedek, Untrod Tripod and Foolster41. Although you symphasize with them, you can never join this force of evil.
EVIL

Darken Rahl (melchizedek)
: You are Darken Rahl. You will scream innocent if tortured. The other evils in this game are Untrod Tripod and Foolter41 With them you have to decide who to kill at night.
EVIL

Mord Sith Constance (Untrod Tripod)
: Mord Sith Constance you are. You despise Richard. No you HATE Richard Cypher. Each night you can beat the h*ll out of someone and you will know if that person is Richard or not. The other evils in this game are melchizedek and Foolster41. With them you have to decide who to kill at night.
EVIL

Shota (Foolster41)
: Your name is Shota. Although you are a powerfull you have no night-choice, save killing people. Who to kill, you must decide with melchizedek and Untrod Tripod, the other evils in this game.
EVIL.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:50 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

YES!!!

Well, I don't know about you, but I already though our chances where very good during day 2. On day 2 I posted:
I wrote:You really think that someone with 10 posts would start with "cunning ploy's"?!

I think Rebel Lord is more likely to be innocent due to this! Oh, and Tam, I did it.
and I had something like: "Yeah, Tam knows I'm good now, this is heading the right way!!!"

I actually felt I was the most important character in the game when Richard died, and I knew the town would have a good chance of winning if I managed to survive long enough to make some people confess.

And it indeed turned out that way, although I should say especially the day 1 lynch was VERY lucky, it could've been a pro-town character just as well.

Oh, and I wanna thank Willows_Weep for helping me out very well. I haven't read the books, that's why I asked so much about every claim, I had to know if it was likely to be true to decide who should be forced to claim!
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:32 am

Post by willows_weep »

Ah this game was awesome!!!

I got to read an excellent book! I love talking about books I read too. No problem FD.

I was wondering what that " Oh and Tam , I did it" was for !!

I think Richard was a bit impotent(heheheh). He would have to wait a pretty long time for 5 town or 3 +kahlan etc. to use his power... Ah but his sword is really cool. But lol...oh well gone night 1.

What was wrong with denna?

I want Kahlan!!! She totally rocks.

Hey isn't it cool how kahlan pretty has a "loveometer" if she ever gets all passionate with Richard and he is all evil she will know cause then he will lose himself!!!

er...should I be so exited..

Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:10 pm

Post by Tam »

Yay! I knew it was him. (well, after it hit me what it actually meant that i got night powers and no first wizard) :D I have to say though, that was a great roleclaim, mel. I can't say that I knew better and did it deliberately to trap the baddies, but it did work out well in the end. :P

FD- It's funny how noone noticed your "and tam, i did it" but -everyone- caught me trying to get info on whether you'd done it the night before, so i might look back at the posts more carefully. I know mine wasn't sneaky, though. I admit when you let me know who you were, I felt a burst of confidence for the town myself. We had basically just made a tiny mason group off your awesome ability. ;) I'm glad I thought to ask the mod if your character was good or bad. (and even more glad he gave me a straight answer)
I definitely enjoyed the game and thought the best part was the role abilities. I think they showed a good sense of originality, but didn't vary off the standard roles so much as to mess it up. I would have maybe made Richard's RP's less, like 2 or 3 in a mini...or he's perfect for a big game, maybe... As w_w said, he would have been impotent even had he lived. :D Very cool idea though, for the vig.
Also, I don't see the problem with Denna's role either. I think the idea of an S&M dom being the cop is kinda cool. Definitely original. :twisted:
Scarlet's role was very neat. I wonder, when you posted her death, you said something like "she's been a townie since night 1". Was that because she found him the first night, but unfortunately died? :(
Anyhow, was great fun, thanks!
Tam
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:17 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

I mean with Denna: my last PM about melchizedek to modargo. I did wrote that she didn't believe melchizedek when he screamed GOOD. It wasn't my intention to make the PM so doubtful about melchizedek's innocence. Should have wrote a couple of PM's before the game.

And about Richard. When the town is unlucky, after Day 2, Richard's RP-level is already on 4. And he was a very strong role, so I didn't want to give him that power unless it really was necessary.

By letting Zedd out of the game, I was hoping that one of the mafia would notice this and would claim Zedd. Because it's very difficult for the mafia to claim a believable role when all the main characters are already claimed. And it turned out preciesely that way! Good play, melchizedek!

Scarlet was after night 1 a townie, because Richard had died. He could find him anymore.

And about Mr-Gnome's role. I didn't PMed his name! What a mistake to make!

And about Kahlan. On night 2 I realized that letting the person roleclaim is a bit strong. So I decided to let the target nameclaim. And they got freedom in the way how they claimed.

About Wizard Giller. He was the backup cop/doc. It depended who would die first, modargo or rebel lord.

Well, I learned a lot from modding this game. Thanks all.

BTW, I forgot:

Night choices

N1
FD: no choice
mafia: tehgood (Richard) lucky b*st*rds :)
modargo: investigated FD (GOOD)
rebel lord: protected Mr-Gnome

N2
FD: Tam, nameclaim
mafia: EPR (killed)
modargo: willows_weep (GOOD)
rebel lord: Tam

N3
FD: no choice, too exhausted
mafia: rebel lord (killed), Tam gets docpowers
modargo: Foolter41 (EVIL!)
rebel lord: willows_weep

N4
FD: melchizedek, nameclaim (I was hoping he would choose gin...)
mafia: FD
modargo: mechizedek (GOOD)
Tam: FD
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:28 am

Post by willows_weep »

Well I do remember asking tam if the pm said zed was in the game at all. The way I was thinking at the time made it impossible for zed to be in it. And tam being like a doctor reinstated the belief, because when you think about it it would have been greatly unbalanced if zed were here.

Oh didn't know he would have had 4 already by then. Yea a lot of claims/investigations./healing etc on the part of the town...but good thing they had to rest , though the possibility of 3 deaths in one night would have been possible I think .

:D I really really liked this game...did I say that already or no??

melchizedek
melchizedek
Townie
melchizedek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:28 am

Post by melchizedek »

good game. If tam had just protected someone else, it wouldn't have been too difficult to discredit her after she had claimed to have become first wizard. I almost got away with it.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:39 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

This was a good game, with a good theme but unf8rtunitly like justice league mafia, because of the limited number of good charecters, a simple flash role claim would easily win for the town. (In fact, that's just what happened in the end of both games.)

It seemd thge sacum's only choices were to either try to "outclaim" a charecter they knew had to exist, or claim a semi-minor role.

Yeah, it does seem a bit unbalanced for the town, though using the semi-evil mor-sith as a good charecter was a good idea, though if it would have been more of a balancing hadicap if you set mardargo's alliance to appear as "evil" if investiagated. (Also, for some reason everyone beleived that madargo was good off the bat, whuch I still don't understand).

Good game kerplunk!
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:46 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

By the way, I don't quite understand the use of scarlet's role.
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Foolster41 wrote:This was a good game, with a good theme but unf8rtunitly like justice league mafia, because of the limited number of good charecters, a simple flash role claim would easily win for the town. (In fact, that's just what happened in the end of both games.)
I know that theme-games -especially ones who are based on movies, books, etc- mostly come down to who has claimed the weakest character. I wanted to avoid this by putting one of the major characters (Zedd) NOT in the game. I hoped that the mafia would see this and one of them would claim Zedd. And it worked. Unfortunately for the mafia you can only know this after the whole town has claimed. Still, it's good for the game if the pro-townies can't entirely be sure when someone claims a major good character in themed games.

Also, the Scarlet was looking for Richard, to help him not get lynched. Because Richard was (I think) a strong role and that's why I also had a mafiacop in the game. The Scarlet-character was there to give Richard a bigger chance of surviving. I thought it was good for the balance.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:59 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”