alimdia ----------------------------------

Pine -------------------------------------
(1)
SherlockHolmes

Not Fighting:
- (2) Pine, Sujimichi

<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>

Nachomamma8 was quick to take Chara's side on the matter. He fluttered over, then flicked all the feathers near his collar upwards, mocking Sujimichi's turtleneck that he was still wearing in a warmer part of the underground.
"Why do we want to learn how to play from a
nerd
?" the chilldrake said.
"Maybe the game we should play is to each think of different jokes to make about Sujimichi. If we can't think of a word for us to make a rhyme, he could tell us, since that is all he knows." Even though he is being mean to Sujimichi, he seems to turn around and check on the feelings of the other monsters moreso than Sujimichi.
"If everyone is playing hide and seek, how to find Suji, on a day that is muddy?
It's a trick question, lizards quit games, just check the study!"
Nachomamma8 begins howling with laughter, which quickly makes it impossible for him to balance on his two stubby legs. His feathery body heaves and shakes on the floor. Some of the other monsters are laughing, too.
Sujimichi responds rather evenly. "There is no requirement for a joke to contain at least one rhyme. For that reason, I am not certain I understand this game." Even though Sujimichi doesn't see much issue with spending lots of time in the study, seeing monsters laugh at him makes him feel bad anyway.

With eleven players alive, it takes six votes to make a decision.
(expired on 2020-01-27 13:00:00)
Last edited by popsofctown on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 198, alimdia wrote:
In post 182, Chara wrote:
In post 129, alimdia wrote:No idea why you've voted for hectic based off your post
i believe he was following along with JTB, or as i've realized is a much more exciting name, Bartholomew.

what don't you like about the detective besides the way he talks?
JTB's vote on hectic was an RVS I'm pretty sure (his first post) , so..... following along... with an RVS vote?
Also, Why are you answering for SherlockHolmes?
because you asked a question that's answered in the post you quoted, and i assumed you didn't understand what he was saying because of how he speaks.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 197, Sujimichi wrote:This is an open game. The Friendly Neighbor does not have to be supported in its claim as a counterclaim will catch Mafia. I do not disagree with Day 1 information, as I believe Amrun described that best.

Did you read my post positing this theory and hers when asked for her opinion prior to making your post?
You're referring to this for Amrun's post? Yes I read it. I definitely read yours since... I answered your post asking for opinions.
In post 188, Amrun wrote:1. I don’t really remember Nacho’s scumtells but he’s a good player and seems to be actively sorting and moving gamestate forward. We will do better if form together like two sides of a hatchet so for now I will treat him as town and re-eval as gamestate dictates.

2. It’s a pretty good strategy but I think it leads to an information less day. I think it’s better to proceed with the day as normal for now, but closer to deadline, revisit this. Scum knowing who the IC is will inform their play so as to render the interactions unhelpful. But it’s a good point worthy of discussion.
In post 201, Chara wrote:
In post 198, alimdia wrote:
In post 182, Chara wrote:
In post 129, alimdia wrote:No idea why you've voted for hectic based off your post
i believe he was following along with JTB, or as i've realized is a much more exciting name, Bartholomew.

what don't you like about the detective besides the way he talks?
JTB's vote on hectic was an RVS I'm pretty sure (his first post) , so..... following along... with an RVS vote?
Also, Why are you answering for SherlockHolmes?
because you asked a question that's answered in the post you quoted, and i assumed you didn't understand what he was saying because of how he speaks.
But I want him to answer why he followed along on an 'RVS' vote. Also yes, I don't understand what he said lmao.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 202, alimdia wrote:You're referring to this for Amrun's post? Yes I read it. I definitely read yours since... I answered your post asking for opinions.
My question was not sarcastic, but the answer to both of your points in comment was answered in those posts.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 194, Sujimichi wrote:Thank you. Aside from the slot I replaced, I was not able to see anything; however, I will re-read Hectic's post with a focus on removing his jest from his points.
your repeated thanks is making it hard to want to fight you... stop that.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 195, Chemist1422 wrote:what if we go for 2-2 and try to get the FN to be the "set-aside" player?

actually I'm not really sure how that works to be honest
not that way. the set-aside player is someone who's dead, so we already know their loyalties.

and i'd rather not argue more about why i don't want to reveal our neighbour, so instead i'll assume Nacho agrees with me given his call for blood, and wait for him to say something convincing once more. being lazy is fun and easy!
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 204, Chara wrote:
In post 194, Sujimichi wrote:Thank you. Aside from the slot I replaced, I was not able to see anything; however, I will re-read Hectic's post with a focus on removing his jest from his points.
your repeated thanks is making it hard to want to fight you... stop that.
Then perhaps you should not.
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:05 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

Watson, allow me quote more directly some of the exchanges that I had upon the adventure:
Alimdia, my fine fellow. I must admit, I find it hard to believe that a gentleman of such upstanding quality as yourself is struggling to comprehend well that which I have written. However, I find it more intriguing still that you choose to hound a question that is quite clearly meaningless. Why should it matter if I accompanied my the good gentleman JTheophrastus Bartholomew or not? This feels rather like an attempt to imitate the search for Moriarty’s minions rather than partaking of the real thing. I also dislike that your seeming focus on this allows you to avoid looking for Moriarty’s minions elsewhere. In fact:

HURT: Alimdia

Although the good gentleman Pine’s lack of presence here is a little disturbing, I have it on good recommendation that the chap prefers working for Moriarty than working against him. As such, I’m taking his limited engagement thus far to be relatively indicative of him being a good sort this game. That said, it is mildly concerning that his inactivity has continued since Nachomamma8’s presence has spiked upward, given that he professed a strong wish to play with him.
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:09 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

Nachomamma8, sir. I must say, I do not think that a madman behaving madly is a good indication of where his loyalties lie. Therefore I do not think that this “gimmick” you speak of is a good way to judge his behaviour. That said, I am of the belief that he is mostly acting without an agenda. Suggesting that we only “spare” members of the party seems like the closest he’s been to having an agenda of any sort, and he has not vocally advocated for such. Further, were he an agent of Moriarty, I doubt anyone would feel confident enough that he were not (given his “gimmick”) to ensure his own “sparing”. Therefore he would be reliant on a hypothetical partner being “spared” to not lose the game automatically, and this seems to be against his own interests as an agent of Moriarty. Therefore, in conclusion, I am inclined to say that the madman does in fact work against the Professor and not with him.
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:13 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

I am curious to hear the opinions of my fellow adventurers on the Chemist who is amongst us. I feel there is a decided lack of motivation in his interactions thus far. I would also like to kindly request that the good Nachomamma8 give more of his reasoning behind Sujimuchi being an agent of Moriarty if that is what his opinion is at this moment.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 206, Sujimichi wrote:Then perhaps you should not.
i'll think about it.

i'm getting kind of bored...

what do you think of me, Sujimichi? did you find anything interesting from Hectic?
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 207, SherlockHolmes wrote:Watson, allow me quote more directly some of the exchanges that I had upon the adventure:
Alimdia, my fine fellow. I must admit, I find it hard to believe that a gentleman of such upstanding quality as yourself is struggling to comprehend well that which I have written. However, I find it more intriguing still that you choose to hound a question that is quite clearly meaningless. Why should it matter if I accompanied my the good gentleman JTheophrastus Bartholomew or not? This feels rather like an attempt to imitate the search for Moriarty’s minions rather than partaking of the real thing. I also dislike that your seeming focus on this allows you to avoid looking for Moriarty’s minions elsewhere. In fact:

Although the good gentleman Pine’s lack of presence here is a little disturbing, I have it on good recommendation that the chap prefers working for Moriarty than working against him. As such, I’m taking his limited engagement thus far to be relatively indicative of him being a good sort this game. That said, it is mildly concerning that his inactivity has continued since Nachomamma8’s presence has spiked upward, given that he professed a strong wish to play with him.
Right... so avoiding the question, and then ... voting me.
My votes not moving from now till I'm dead until you actually give a proper reply about why you followed someone else's RVS vote. How's that for my 'seeming focus' on this?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Chara »

...so i thought the detective was only translating what he said earlier. i didn't even read those.
that's embarrassing.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 210, Chara wrote:what do you think of me, Sujimichi? did you find anything interesting from Hectic?
I think that your vote on me is unexplained, though I do not think you have been asked for an explanation. I did not like your response to my query on your thought regarding the Friendly Neighbor as you deferred, contrary to like what Amrun did in providing her own thoughts. I think that you have been helpful in assisting me in understanding the first few pages, but I do not know if I can attribute positive reasons for that alone. You are squarely a null read for me at current.

I did re-read Hectic, and I do see content other than jest, so I was incorrect in the aspect. I do not have anything in particular that I would like to call out at the moment.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by alimdia »

Will be looking at other stuff later, Sujimichi, what do you think about Sherlock?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Chara »

Sujimichi: i'm pretty sure i explained why i punched Billy a few times now. i haven't moved it yet because there isn't anyone exciting to punch quite yet. besides you, i guess.

what do you mean by deferred? i answered you loud and clear!

mister detective: in this case, i think Pine's disappearing act probably has something to do with some serious, adult thing that's more important than making friends. i do also have it good authority he likes hanging out with the delinquents more than the nice ones, though!

i'm confused about the rest. it sounds like you don't agree that Hectic wouldn't be quite so annoying if he were against us (so, disagreeing with Nacho), but then you say it's a reason he's friend material! because you don't think the way he acts is a good way to get him in our good graces. so which is it? did i misunderstand how your point is different from Nacho's?

and about Chemist... i dunno, looks fine to me. he seems pretty relaxed. i like people who are easily to get along with.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 214, alimdia wrote:Will be looking at other stuff later, Sujimichi, what do you think about Sherlock?
With the understanding that he is posting in a particular style that I originally did not care for, I think that he is trying to sort players and like him overall. I disagree with his handwaving of Pine, however.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 215, Chara wrote:Sujimichi: i'm pretty sure i explained why i punched Billy a few times now. i haven't moved it yet because there isn't anyone exciting to punch quite yet. besides you, i guess.

what do you mean by deferred? i answered you loud and clear!
Your explanation in your opening post is not serious, nor am I Billy Pilgrim. Though you later clarified that you were wanting to understand Billy Pilgrim's comments on Chemist1422 better, that is not something that can occur. Your reasoning voting Billy Pilgrim has no merit any longer, unless you truly believe that was evidence of Billy Pilgrim being mafia, which I don't believe you do.

I apologize as to my second point as, though your initial response was to defer to Nachomamma8 (see post ), you did later clarify with your own thoughts in post after I pressed. I still do not like your response as much as I liked Amrun's response.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 216, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 214, alimdia wrote:Will be looking at other stuff later, Sujimichi, what do you think about Sherlock?
With the understanding that he is posting in a particular style that I originally did not care for, I think that he is trying to sort players and like him overall. I disagree with his handwaving of Pine, however.
I meant him following someone else's RVS vote pages in and then .... check out his response basically
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

Are you referring to his vote on Pine, subsequent comment on Pine, and then not unvoting Pine?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

So, unfortunately, I will be traveling from now until the 2nd of February. My activity will be a little more limited than I'd like and I'll be stuck phone posting, but I will still be a force of nature.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 150, alimdia wrote:I've seen meta be completely wrong, as well as coming to the correct conclusion but with completely wrong reasonings.
As far as I'm concerned, what's happening in this game is far more important that I'd give it 90% weighting and any 'meta': 10%
Everyone should be 'aware' of their 'meta' and constantly be changing it, thus it becomes inaccurate.
This is the last I will say on this and it's more than I wanted to say in the first place because it's a theory discussion and doesn't necessarily belong in the game, but, your thinking is flawed.

1) I've seen a bunch of people were wrong for a bunch of different reasons. An overwhelming majority of the time, it isn't the tools themselves that are wrong, but the way that they are used.
2) In the game, you should be seeking out a way to understand the people around you. Understanding what they are capable of as either alignment is oftentimes an extremely useful baseline to have; I agree that it should be used less often than it is now, but the reason it is being abused to the extent that it is now is because of how potent it can be.
3) I am aware of the fact that I should plan out my meals in advance so that I don't go out six times a week. Yet, I do not. Changing your meta is equivalent to changing who you are; some things are easy to manipulate and some things are not - good meta picks up on those peskier habits.

Why are you voting Sherlock when you haven't read ant of his posts?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 161, Sujimichi wrote:I understand we need to Fight at some point. I do not see the downside to delaying that to Day 2 with a guaranteed Spare.
There are no protective roles in this game - scum will be able to kill whoever they like on Night 1. I would rather have the town player that scum want to have around the least chipping their voice in to a kill or even a spare on someone who isn't confirmed town than I would giving scum what basically equates to a free night kill. I believe that risk is worth the 1/8 chance they hit the conf town.

alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by alimdia »

They still get a 'free night kill' no matter what
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 219, Sujimichi wrote:Are you referring to his vote on Pine, subsequent comment on Pine, and then not unvoting Pine?

Talking about this
In post 42, SherlockHolmes wrote:
In post 41, SherlockHolmes wrote:It was a most peculiar bunch we were adventuring with. There was a most mysterious gentleman with a fancy name; a white bengal tiger able to communicate through a series of paw gestures; and, strangest of the bunch, a Liverpudlian.

My initial impressions of the fancy named fellow were that he liked me, a sentiment that I returned. In fact, it was sufficient for me to go along with him a little:

HURT: hectic

The tiger seemed mostly distracted, and I decided that, in order as not to risk life and limb, to wait for it to have eaten and reached contentedness with what was going on before engaging it.

At this moment, a fay being entered our party, a little late. I realised that the opium was stronger than I’d anticipated, for this being appeared to have softly luminescent skin. It spoke, but in a strange tounge, and so shocked was I by its appearance that I gleaned nothing of value from its words.
Alas, Watson, I seem to have spilled ink over your page. Let me recount this part of the tale again, enunciating more precisely.
He goes along with the 'fancy fellow', who is JTB, whose vote is an RVS vote on the second or third page.

When I call him out on it, this is his reply:
In post 207, SherlockHolmes wrote:Watson, allow me quote more directly some of the exchanges that I had upon the adventure:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”