Mafia 94: Sickening Pimplicity (GAME OVER)

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

WarWound wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:Holy crap Tajo that avatar is win.
i cant seem to set up a avatar :/
They have to be a certain size. So many pixels, so many kilobytes.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:23 am

Post by Empking »

Why the avatar posts?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Empking wrote:Why the avatar posts?
Stir the pot then.

So Amished, you've written novels about me and Tajo, but your inHim text is noticably lacking. I find this a little odd since you've been making cases for his benefit.
Amished wrote:Also, inHim or PZ is probably the other one.

inHim was on Pyro D1, which is the only reason he's not getting my vote right now;
Amished wrote:Also, I have a townread on inHim, and although I have no experience with him, his constant subtle attacks on you make me wonder if he's onto something.
Please explain what happened to change your inHim read between these two quotes. Also your overall impression, and why you've decided he's town.
Kappa
Just Monika
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by populartajo »

Amished wrote:tl;dr version: If you thought he was town, why did you call one of EB or PZ scum, but not together? It doesn't follow that if they're *not* together, EB is town; PZ must be town. Answer to the question: Because you're scum.
First, Im not scum. Second, I already said that I really expected Badger to come up scum, which would galvanize my town read on Zito. We know now badger was town and yeah you are right that prob the logical next step is to think Zito is scum and that I have been manipulated all these days. I did think it at some point, and it has been one of my worse nightmares, but I JUST DONT FEEL IT. Ill see if I can iso Zito and try to explain with quotes why I think he is prob town but I simply cant go against my gut and "fabricate" a case against someone just because.
Amished wrote:I know you can't decide. I'm asking you to try. You haven't made any indication that you're trying to figure out which of the actives are most scummy/most likely to be tricking you.
This is just false. I have showed some inhim paranoia in some parts of this day. Same with Zito.
Amished wrote:RE: {cephrir wagon} Why didn't you bring that up yesterday? e_k died N5; so by that point all the people that were on the wagon besides James/You were dead. PZ's votecount analysis put you as townie (in PZ's eyes). It's pretty obvious that Simenon was the only "black" name there; so why didn't you comment on it then? I believe it's because you had to distract from the wagons so that if people (even PZ, what with his read) decided to lynch James yesterday; you couldn't stand up to the chain lynch that would happen when he turned up town. This is also why I feel SOG brought up the Cephrir wagon before you did, because he could stand the pressure because he knew you were gonna come up scum from his POV.
WTF? Check your facts before making accusations like that. I brought up the Cephir wagon way before SOG, even when he was James Bond, but nobody listened to me. SOG was the one that used that against me, early at the day, but later he posted this:
SOG wrote:No. It doesn't make it okay when I use it (cephir wagon analysys). It is one of the things holding me back because if I am not sure of myself that you are scum I become a very easy mislynch the next day and we lose. .
Now, analyse carefully this. And tell me whats wrong with that quote.

Also regarding Bond's drunk hammer. Amished, you are very fast to counter arguments with WIFOM. What about this hammer? Isnt this WIFOM?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:12 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

First of all, my B not posting last night.

Why, yes, I care to elaborate, tajo.

Gut is gut. I've said in the past that my gut told me one of Badger/tajo is scum, and it's not been disproved yet, so that notion lingers too.

re: your voting, I am talking about votes cast before the Actives were carrying every lynch.

And, finally, there are several occasions where you it seems like you were either nudging Erik to post something, or you were nudging your thoughts of him as pro-town.

BUT,

vote: Empking
- I mean, what the hell, man.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:17 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

And to comment about my vote, because I hit Preview instead of Submit:

Emp's last post, as PZ says, does nothing but stir the pot. It's a pointless, non-scumhunting post and poor scum tactic otherwise known as a "distraction." Active-lurking, avoiding our problem at hand, whatever you want to call it.

Maybe I'm a bad player, but e_k isn't here to hold back my vote; someone else will have to convince me to move my vote Today, because I know Emp sure won't.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:18 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

EBWOP: Submit instead of Preview.
Show

:

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Empking »

inHimshallibe wrote:And to comment about my vote, because I hit Preview instead of Submit:

Emp's last post, as PZ says, does nothing but stir the pot. It's a pointless, non-scumhunting post and poor scum tactic otherwise known as a "distraction." Active-lurking, avoiding our problem at hand, whatever you want to call it.

Maybe I'm a bad player, but e_k isn't here to hold back my vote; someone else will have to convince me to move my vote Today, because I know Emp sure won't.
The problem on hand is "get a lynch on PZ or Pop" if we're to be completely honest. Your vote does nothing to contribute to that at all, so you must believe your last two points are equally as scummy and "active lurking"!

(Also drawing attention to PZ's actual "active lurking" does address the problem at hand.)

PS You also contradict yourself with saying that it both "stir[red] the pot" and it was "non-scumhunting".
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Empking wrote:drawing attention to PZ's actual "active lurking" does address the problem at hand
Dude, are you serious? I've put Tolstoy to shame in this thread.

inHim, why do you feel Emp is worse than SoG?
Kappa
Just Monika
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Empking »

Papa Zito wrote:
Empking wrote:drawing attention to PZ's actual "active lurking" does address the problem at hand
I was using the term as Inhim used it and you have to admit your post did cause a distraction, at least for WW.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Empking wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
I was using the term as Inhim used it and you have to admit your post did cause a distraction, at least for WW.
WW could probably be distracted by a shiny piece of tinfoil.

Speaking of which:

WarWound, I'd like a two-three sentence opinion on each player in this game. TIA.
Kappa
Just Monika
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Amished »

I need to catch up on this game again; get to the posts I've missed. Should be able to tomorrow night to give it the time it deserves.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by WarWound »

i happen to take offense to that
unvote
I am a soldier
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

WarWound wrote:i happen to take offense to that
unvote
You're playing IRC mafia in a forum. Slow down. Take a breath. Think. Post something substantial.

Also. You... weren't.... voting anyone. lol
Kappa
Just Monika
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by WarWound »

really i thought i was voting you hmmm
I am a soldier
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Empking »

WarWound wrote:really i thought i was voting you hmmm
Why did you unvote then?
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:16 am

Post by WarWound »

because im not sure who to vote for :/
I am a soldier
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by Amished »

What are your impressions on the players then, WW?

(biggish post coming up in a bit)

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Amished »

@PZ: For inHim: I generally don't post defenses/cases for townieness unless I see unreasonable attacks. Like I said in the 2nd quote in 2077; I thought that he was attacking tajo which I agreed with (him being my top suspect from the KMD school of vote analysis). Specifically, ISO 14 was exactly what I thought when reading through the game (thought that Simenon was town; Ceph wasn't completely obvious until later on). Then, it was more that I found you {zito}, tajo and WW scummier at the time. Since there's only 2 scum, and 3 suspects that were more suspicious than inHim; I put him in the more town category.

ISO 75 of inHim is also right on line with what I'd expect a townie to say; and I just haven't seen scumtells from him. EMP is along the same lines: there's more suspicious people that I want to focus on. Since neither are getting pressure; it's not important to state my view on them to me.

@Tajo: Just like me saying you're scum won't convince you, you saying you're not scum won't convince me, shall we desist on that point?

Your explanation still doesn't make sense. If you actually felt that, I would've expected you to say that PZ is likely town against EB-scum. Not "they're both scummy, but they aren't together." Like I pointed out with your "PZ needs to die" (and the like) quotes; what happened to your gut-town then?

Paranoia is far from actively searching for which of the actives are tricking you. "This makes me suspicious" does not lead to anywhere; as you clearly don't really care about previous suspicions (PZ vote/die evidence). I want you to go through all three actives and post what makes you think each gets more town points or scum points and why. We're still not in deadline situation, so we can wait for you to actually give more concrete reads and reasonings behind it.

WRT Cephrir wagon: I did notice that you mentioned it; but you didn't push it when it was obvious that we weren't in a lylo situation. AT THE VERY LEAST, you could've recognized that the Ceph wagon was a likely sticking point and if we can eliminate distractions as a whole; we're more than likely to win (assuming you-town). However, we have one mislynch left and we can't go through both of you if you were both town; while if you made more of a point and actively campaigned to look at the Cephrir wagon when we could live if we mislynched twice; then I'd be more inclined to think that you're town.

WRT SOG's quote: he's nervous about being wrong. He knows that if he's wrong about you {tajo} it's too late in the game to allow the town to live through 2 mislynches. That's a perfectly townie realization and quote. I don't see anything "wrong" about it. How about you say why you think that quote is scummy, cause I'm not seeing it.

@inHim: You think EMP is bad for questioning posts that could have (and should have) been asked elsewhere (Gen. Discussion); but not the initial not-moving-the-game-forward posts? Really?

@PZ: Tolstoy has written way more in any one book than you have all over MS. Stop overreacting. Also, you have been active lurking as you haven't questioned the people that you're attacking like you do as town. You're putting out your case, don't question about alignment/motivation and then put stupid comments like "tolstoy to shame" and not pointing WW to game related content when he was active in thread.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Amished, dude, seriously. This is a game, not a mausoleum. Chillax.
Papa Zito wrote:WarWound, I'd like a two-three sentence opinion on each player in this game. TIA.
Reposting. I'll pretend it was just missed for now.
Kappa
Just Monika
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:55 am

Post by WarWound »

why does my opinion matter?
I am a soldier
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:08 am

Post by semioldguy »

@populartajo
I disagree with Amished about Papa Zito for going for easy targets. I don’t think that is the case nor a point that would make someone scummy. Easy targets could just as well be scum. Since town knows nothing of others’ alignments, it seems just as likely for town to go for an easy target as scum. Amished seems to focus on Papa Zito’s weak attacks as a cornerstone of his case against him, while I don’t think weak attacks are as condemning as the things in the game he is ignoring.

I don’t fully agree with the bandwagon account Amished notes against Papa Zito, for a couple reasons. Others in the game also have high bandwagon accounts and for some of those who don’t their predecessors lurked out of the game enough to keep the player slot from having potentially higher bandwagon accounts. Being on the bandwagons frequently isn’t necessarily scummy; I would argue that it is also scummy to stay off bandwagons and refrain from voting or associating with group of voters frequently. It is not pro-town to withhold your vote. Bandwagoning is scummy only if the reasons for which the player is voting are scummy, in which case it won’t matter it if is a bandwagon or not.

Parts I agree with are the lack of logical defense portions of Amished’s case against Papa Zito.

I was not voting for anyone because I haven’t made a decision between my top two suspects, you being my other suspect. I am cautious of lynching you because I know that if you are a mislynch is sets up my mislynch very easily which would be a loss for the town. It is surprising to me that you do not seem to share this viewpoint, which seems like a very easy point to see as town.

@Amished
I haven’t read the game in it’s entirety. I have only read today along with some (incomplete) ISO reading as well as portions of the game that have been referenced during today’s discussion. I haven’t found past indications that give me any sort of town read on Papa Zito.

muzzz does appear to be breadcrumbing a guilty on Papa Zito by his post. I looked through that portion of the game a couple times now and came to the conclusion that it would make sense for muzzz to be breadcrumbing the guilty results there. Scum likely was able to pick up on this breadcrumb before anyone else as only they could know he had found scum which is why he was killed. He never budged from suspicion on either EriktheRed or Papa Zito during his final day.

Populartajo’s 1028 is scummy defense

Vote: Papa Zito
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:45 am

Post by populartajo »

Announcing semi V/LA. I got drunk in the weekend and Im going to be busy for job motives until Wednesday. Sorry about this. Will probably post on Thursday or if I have some free time during meetings.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:00 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote Count
as of Post 2097
(3) Papa Zito (Empking's Alt, Amished, semioldguy)
(2) semioldguy (populartajo, Papa Zito)
(1) Empking's Alt (inHimshallibe)

(1) Not Voting (WarWound)

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch!

WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by WarWound »

do you guys want me to be hammer on zito?
I am a soldier

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”