Mini Normal 2272: Flash Games | Game Over!

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2010, Crescent wrote: It is conceivable to me that Meuh is simply town caught on the wrong vote in a town v scum situation,
though posts #1657 and #1949 go from "I think Carca is a 50/50 flip and Carca/JV aren't the same alignment" to "JV is probably scum regardless of Carca's alignment". She then immediately says in the next three posts that Carca is going to flip town. She gives no reason for these changes in stance

I decided to now brush up on Meuh, trying to figure out where early town reads that protected her yesterday came from.
Immediately votes onto JV's spot, and defends Scorpious and Carca.
Then defends DWLee and shades Gerain
Like tere's tons of reads being shot out in the first... 50 posts of the game.
Later on ...Ok Meuh has been shading Gerain the entire game. Says she's going to ISO him at one point because she really wants to sort him, then doesn't ISO him and still lists him in the kill pool before voting for DWLee.

Problem though:
Says town vibes from DWLee in post #86. She never mentions DWLee again in any capacity until vote #593 and says "I've never attempted to sort them" and specifically votes them because other people have voiced some suspicion.
I even called her out on how fake this sounded in post #602.
She also almost immediately shades Gerain again after voting for DWLee - Because Gerain voted for her in post #596 for a reason that looking back is actually pretty good.
The answer is: I'm not sure where the early town reads came from. She spits out tons of reads in the opening seconds of the game, but doesn't follow up or commit to them. Says ISOs are coming, but doesn't give them. Reads come out, but some just aren't explained at all. They resemble her vote on DWLee - They're air.

Day 2 she voted JV's slot early before the replacement, but almost completely ignored the replacement for hundreds of posts.
The same vibe can be said when she suddenly said I was town yesterday because... ???.
She's actually done a lot of what Carca was accused of doing - Barely a factor day 2. Barely commented on anything to do with Scorpious or Titus. Ger just became a safe place for her to keep her vote parked and she stayed there. This vote was made at #1102 and very little came from her afterwards. If Ger doesn't get extra votes later on (All the way at #1647 is when he gets #2), hers just sits there as a splinter.

I would vote Meuh before DWLee. DWLee's even worse reads aside, they've felt like they're simply more committed in their play - There's more of a natural flow whereas Meuh gives a strong vibe of playing to set up later votes.. Combine all this with Meuh effectively blatantly countersuspecting JV quickly like she did Gerain, and JV/Meuh probably isn't S/S. I think a green Meuh flip makes JV look hellishly worse and a red flip makes him look better
JV's posts between those 2 assessments just read so terribly scummy to me. Also I'm pretty sure I've already explained this - me thinking Carcalilly was flipping town was from other players being scummier. My thought process was that Titus/Scorpious likely has 1 scum, JV's probably scum and so was gerain. No space for anyone else. I would've said the same for anyone other than the 4 I mentioned before. At this point since Carcalilly flipped red, I'm thinking gerain is probably town, I don't really see JV town.

I've already explained my vote on Dwlee a good bit. The problems you have with it I've already explained my reasoning for and you understood them? So I'm a bit confused why you're now changing your mind on this.
In post 608, Meuh wrote: I didn't quite voice the "why" on my vote properly, that's my bad.
In post 593, Meuh wrote:Since a lot of you seem to feel kinda iffy but no one's committing to voting them, why don't I do this? :twisted:
My point here isn't that I'm voting on Dwlee because I'm interested in chasing who people are pressuring.
I'm voicing something I find scummy about Dwlee's position in the game, should've emphasized it. Scum adore sorting their partners as null or lean scum and never actually pushing them. The abundance of such reads on Dwlee in contrast with them being able to continue scot-free is concerning.
I will say this is something based more on Dwlee's position than Dwlee's alignment itself and I do need to ISO Dwlee properly, but it's not like there's many people I find scummy on their own merit in this game.
In post 629, Crescent wrote:I was quite curious as to why Meuh put that vote on DWLee, but that's been resolved fairly nicely I'd say.
It overall advanced the gamestate and was a pro-town action, I don't regret it whatsoever. Dwlee's probably town at this point, though. :cool:

I don't particularly care for the reasoning gerain had. I think its placement as an immediate response to my vote as his first serious vote of the entire game was concerning and felt out of character. That's what made me dislike it.

I think you're confusing who replaced who and who I was voting. :?

I don't know what you mean by this tbh

I generally haven't been that proactive because of out of game factors so I think it's reasonable to be concerned about my alignment at this point.
I'm not a terrible lim, though imo Titus should be our pick for today. We should solve the Scorpious/Titus pair asap
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:17 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 2096, Crescent wrote:Carca was a foregone conclusion the moment my vote went there because it effectively made it 5. Your vote being temporarily off didn't change much.
That's not correct. The last votecount in has Carca at 4 votes. I unvote in putting her at 3 votes. You voted Carca in putting her back at 4 votes. Three posts later dw places their vote in . I hammer in .
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:17 am

Post by Crescent »

You said Scorpious yesterday. Why the change?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:17 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2101, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 2096, Crescent wrote:Carca was a foregone conclusion the moment my vote went there because it effectively made it 5. Your vote being temporarily off didn't change much.
That's not correct. The last votecount in has Carca at 4 votes. I unvote in putting her at 3 votes. You voted Carca in putting her back at 4 votes. Three posts later dw places their vote in . I hammer in .
Your vote was as good as still on her.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Crescent »

I mean, you unvoted just to see if I would vote as a result. Your read didn't magically change in the situation.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2102, Crescent wrote:You said Scorpious yesterday. Why the change?
Are you talking to me?
I think Mathblade dying is reason enough to vote Titus. With the PRs that have been claimed I don't think mafia has a roleblocker, strongman's possible ig but I don't find it that likely.
We should have, in theory, like 4 lims left, right? We should be able to solve the game even if Titus is town.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1997, JacksonVirgo wrote:I do. Wholeheartedly. I’ll record myself putting a sock in my mouth post game if they flip red
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:24 am

Post by Crescent »

I'm still curious how he went from instantly voting Carca for voting Scorpious to being adamant she was town.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2107, Crescent wrote:I'm still curious how he went from instantly voting Carca for voting Scorpious to being adamant she was town.
they
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:30 am

Post by Crescent »

Why do I keep doing that with JV I don't do it with DWlee
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:30 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2109, Crescent wrote:Why do I keep doing that with JV I don't do it with DWlee
iirc JV didn't have pronouns set on day 2
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:39 am

Post by DkKoba »

General reminder to please be mindful of people's set pronouns!
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 6:17 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 2103, Crescent wrote:
In post 2101, ItalianoVD wrote:
Your vote was as good as still on her.
Doesn’t matter. The vote count shows she wasn’t a forgone conclusion. Math was trying my to make it so and felt a type of way when JV townlocked Carca and I unvoted.
In post 2104, Crescent wrote:I mean, you unvoted just to see if I would vote as a result. Your read didn't magically change in the situation.
Right, but that’s not the point here, lol. Dw placed Carca at hammer territory with their vote. It didn’t matter if it was me, you or someone else that actually did the hammer. Dw didn’t know what I was going to do, since they weren’t in my head. They may or may not have even seen the unvote, for all they knew if they did was I could’ve been voting for anyone.

It’s important people know the actual events to get the full picture to be able to form efficient opinions.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Crescent »

Of course they knew. Everyone knew.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Crescent »

Honestly this is all kinda just semantics because we agree they're probably just town-incorrect-on-everything anyway.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Crescent »

I do keep forgetting though that a hammer actually has to be achieved here. I think I've played like two games ever where a hammer was actually mandatory for anything.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 6:47 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2106, Meuh wrote:
In post 1997, JacksonVirgo wrote:I do. Wholeheartedly. I’ll record myself putting a sock in my mouth post game if they flip red
Oh
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2073, Dwlee99 wrote:Titus -> Scorpious if Titus is town I'll agree to
Scorpious is 100% town
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Crescent »

I wouldn't say 100% (I never say 100%) but just way less likely than Titus to the point that it's kinda negligible.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 7:07 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 2114, Crescent wrote:Honestly this is all kinda just semantics because we agree they're probably just town-incorrect-on-everything anyway.
Lol you’re right. I think we both just wanna be right. :lol: I’ll chill.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 7:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

Votecount 3.1
Rebuild (2011) - sarahnorthway

Titus
(3): JacksonVirgo, Gamma Emerald, geraintm

Not Voting
(6): ItalianoVD, Titus, Scorpious, Meuh, Dwlee99, Crescent

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-28 22:44:49).

Titus is V/LA weekends
Be Nice and be mindful of how you refer to other people!
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 7:18 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Question: How would one know if mafia has a strongman or not given the lack of information? Clearly not something a townie would know. And what does speculating about it do or not do for reads, etc.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 7:39 am

Post by Crescent »

My ability to meta games here is completely out of whack because they go too far against my norm.

The game I hosted had 3 scum in 12 with one vanilla, two superpowered scum (either one could effectively use an unblockable extra kill), a gimped as hell doctor, and a town power role that had tons of backfire potential (and targeted someone it had a bad interaction with), with two millers... And scum spent a lot of the game complaining about being underpowered anyway.

I'd consider scum hellishly underpowered if they didn't have a strongman or roleblocker here, personally.

I created an interesting role during that game. It was a town role that effectively kidnapped and interrogated it's target for up to 24 hours, in a separate chat space, and could choose to either kill said targeted player or to let them return to the game. It was a perfect fit thematically, somehow.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 7:41 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2122, Crescent wrote:My ability to meta games here is completely out of whack because they go too far against my norm.

The game I hosted had 3 scum in 12 with one vanilla, two superpowered scum (either one could effectively use an unblockable extra kill), a gimped as hell doctor, and a town power role that had tons of backfire potential (and targeted someone it had a bad interaction with), with two millers... And scum spent a lot of the game complaining about being underpowered anyway.

I'd consider scum hellishly underpowered if they didn't have a strongman or roleblocker here, personally.

I created an interesting role during that game. It was a town role that effectively kidnapped and interrogated it's target for up to 24 hours, in a separate chat space, and could choose to either kill said targeted player or to let them return to the game. It was a perfect fit thematically, somehow.
The PRs we have is a neighbourhood as of which we believe scum is in
2-shot Gunsmith in that hood.
Even-night JK.

Town is underpowered. Scum doesn't need a strongman or roleblocker to be balanced.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Crescent »

The definition of power balance here is significantly more town sided than what I'm used to. That's kind of the point.

I don't consider the neighborhood to even be a thing that matters as far as balance goes. It "exists".

3 scum in 13 with a godfather and no other power would be considered a heavily town-sided setup, since it goes against the 25-33% scum rule and gives scum nothing to make up for it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”