Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Excellent Game guys!
This was possibly one of my favourite games on MS. Not necessarily because it was totally gripping the entire time, but more because it was a little piece of history that i'm proud to be part of. This was one of the first games i signed up for, and it's spanned about 6 months. When i read back at various points, i could actually see myself getting gradually better, as the game progressed. Yep, when this game started, i was a newb mafioso who defended his godfather blatantly. Now, i'd like to think i can bus with the best of em. :wink:
After the Livingod lynch, i didn't really expect to survive Day 2. But, i decided to follow a policy of 'take each day as it comes'. I don't think there was one day in the game where i wasn't at least 60% sure i was going to be lynched. I will say that, from my perspective, the repeated No-Lynching was good for the town. With only 3 of us left after Day 1, we needed mislynches, and fast. The longer the game wore on, the harder it was to keep trying to fit in, and pretend to search for scum. Maybe its just because i wasnt really used to being mafia in a long game, but meh.
Eventually i got sick of waiting for N9V to die, hence i stupidly decided to pressure him myself. Luckily it wasnt noticed as much as it should have been, and he was lynched.
In the duration of the game, i saw so many scumbuddies come and go. lol
I guess this could be an indication that nobody wants to be on a team with me. :p
either way, it was nice being the veteran of the group to an extent. I was getting slightly more confident by Day 5. We had closed the gap to some extent, and although Fonz was annoying me with his constant bussing, we were looking stronger. Every mislynch was a task, the reward for which, was an NK.
Then YB came along, and basically, committed suicide, with a role that we never really got the opportunity to exploit, which sucked. That night, Fonz said we should bus each other, but i wasnt too confident. Luckily, in targetting a confirmed innocent, we knocked off the Doc, and good old Stoofy, modkilled the Roleblocker for us.
Fonz claimed a guilty on IH, which gave us another NK, and we killed the Cop. Then Fonzie was sacrificed, in order for me to kill TCS-Tracker.

At this point things werent looking too good for me, with 2 confirmed innocents, and only 3 other potential mislynch targets for me, of which i needed to lynch 2 consequtively.

I'm not sure what the Scotmany-Amb pm thing was about, but it got a mislynch on Scotmany, which i distanced myself from nicely. I then had a tough choice of who to NK, Theo or Kelly. Kelly had asked some tricky questions about my analysis of the game, which i didnt really want to answer, but Theo was clearly more favourable towards K-Scope. In the end, i killed Kelly, in an attempt to make it look like Scope killing the person who was least likely to save him.
And then, the final day. Obviously, i was delighted to see that, with 4 players left, Panzer was desperate to see Scope hang. As long as Panzer retained this view, i couldnt be lynched. The occassion where K-Scope asked me to lynch Panzer with him, i hoped would convince Theo that Scope was opportunistic scum, but it obv didnt work. Either way, it felt good at the time.

And then, we lost Panzer, which i was genuinely upset about. For those of you who don't know, he was talking to me about the game in scumchat, commenting on how K-Scope was obv scum etc, WHILE STOOFER WAS IN THE ROOM ASWELL. lol.
Even after the modkilling, he IMed me, saying that he still thought Scope was obv scum, which was a pretty big compliment.
Even so, Theo was away, and i wasnt greatly confident of victory at this point. However, K-Scope couldnt really have made himself look any scummier, so i guess the fact that i couldnt get him lynched, is a sign that i still have more improving to do. Anyway, it was pretty cool that the 2 people who had been arguing for the duration of the game, were able to survive till endgame. I'm also glad that, if i was going to be discovered, it was Theo who did it.

So yeah, a great game. I'm not too disappointed about losing, simply because i feel grateful to have survived so long!
Thats not to say that nobody suspected me, but generally the only suspicion of me was inferior to their suspicion of someone else, so i tended to get away with it. Only K-Scope suspected me from the start, and i found out towards the end, that this was only based on gut, and so wasnt a convincing case. Even so, i'm pretty grateful to K-Scope too, for covering me in weak OMGUS, so i had less genuine attention from others.
And of course, i'm also grateful to The Fonz, who was by far, my best scumbuddy over the duration of the game, and who gave me alot of fuel to use against Scope and Scot, before he died.

Even so, whilst i think we fought hard, great effort by the town, and especially, congrats to Theo for winning it in the end!

:D
BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:57 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

1. You would've probably won if Panzer lived.
2. I always play by gut, so don't expect any strong points.
3. I had fun poking you whole game, and I LOLled that in the end, I was right.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:04 am

Post by PJ. »

I think I have this block in my mind stating, "BM ALWAYS ACTS SCUMMY AND IS ALWAYS TOWN" I need to get over that. And I what i said in Scumchat was " So we gonna lynch K-scope, lol" and stoofer IM's me telling me i've been modkilled, I'm said it was a joke which it obviously was, but Stoofer is a nazi.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:47 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I find it amusing that Battle Mage is defending my decision to modkill Panzerjagger while he is attacking it. If I hadn't modkilled Panzerjagger, Battle Mage would have won and Panzerjagger would have lost.

Anyway, this game proves the accuracy of a point I made some time ago: if Battle Mage has not been lynched by day 3, he is Scum.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

LOL

In Mafia 59, Battle Mage was town and was double-scum-killed Night 6.

I feel that I did a decent job in this game other than slacking off for long periods of time. By all rights theopor_COD and scotmany
should
have been scum. And my earlier protown read on scotmany was actually correct. I feel BM was the only scum that totally escaped me...

Thanks for taking over this game, Stoofer.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:37 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm glad my early play here improved . . . it seriously did suck but being as it was one of my first games, I'm pretty pleased to have chosen correctly. Cheers Stoof for taking over modding.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mr Stoofer wrote:I find it amusing that Battle Mage is defending my decision to modkill Panzerjagger while he is attacking it. If I hadn't modkilled Panzerjagger, Battle Mage would have won and Panzerjagger would have lost.

Anyway, this game proves the accuracy of a point I made some time ago: if Battle Mage has not been lynched by day 3, he is Scum.
Stoofer, perhaps if you had played with me in more than 1 or 2 games EVER, you might get a better indication of my playstyle, and (shock-horror) not have to resort to bogus theories. lol
Twice i have played games with you in, and twice you have lynched me, and i have been town, and if i recall correctly, the town lost on both occassions. So do me a favour, and don't pretend to have the faintest idea of how i play, unless you are willing to prove it in practice.

@K-Scope- fair play, you were right, though tbh, i think if you genuinely felt as sure as you made out, that i was scum, you would have pushed alot harder. As it was, your pressure on me was weak with comparison to some other games we have shared. I think our struggle turned out to be a big part of the game. :p

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Very Well played everybody. I was so sure panzer was mafia when I died the night after saying all day long that he was. BM played a great game to get to end game the way he did, and he never hit my scum list even on the last day. So had I been alive at end game we as a town would have lost. Anyway I am glad that I can finally add this one to my finished column, and even happier that I can add it to my won list. Great job K-Scope and Theo!
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Amb »

For the record I really did get a hotmail message telling me I had a new private message from Scotmany12, but when I came in to see what I had there was nothing there from him. Since we both died we caught up with each other and we both presume something went faulty with the PHP software.

I really was convinced Scot was scum too.

I was disappointed to die when I did, but being cleared by the cop ensured that. Real shame because it also ensured the death of the cop. But hey, Theo made the right choice. Well done.

Panzer - hope you learnt your lesson. :-p
Rand Althor
Rand Althor
Goon
Rand Althor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by Rand Althor »

Good job guys, nice win.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:19 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Mr Stoofer wrote:I find it amusing that Battle Mage is defending my decision to modkill Panzerjagger while he is attacking it. If I hadn't modkilled Panzerjagger, Battle Mage would have won and Panzerjagger would have lost.

The mod giveth, and the mod taketh away. Had you not modkilled Twito, we wouldn't have gotten close.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:33 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:

The mod giveth, and the mod taketh away. Had you not modkilled Twito, we wouldn't have gotten close.
hmm im not sure. As he wasnt submitting any choices anyway, plus he was sure i was protown, i think we wouldve been ok. The real turning point i suppose was when we finally hit the Doc (Amb), so we could start killing them power roles.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer