massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:02 pm

Post by massive »

I find it quite funny that Save the Dragons would put ME on a suspicion list for exactly the same reason I voted for Drummer. Maybe ... ironic. Not Alanis Morrissette ironic, though.

Save the Dragons: Can you explain, yesterday, why you were "very happy with [your] vote on Silgado" and you were prepared to "keep [your] vote on Silgado because [you felt] that's the best place to go", but immediately after Silgado's role claim, your subsequent unvote stated that "[you] thought [your] stuff against 'im was weak anyways"?

Shelper: I too think I might use a little insight into why you think the Mafia would attempt to target the roleblocker rather than the doctor, who was outed at that time. Roleblockers may SEEM helpful to the town, but they can cause as much havoc (blocking investigative roles, etc) as they help the town out.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:19 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

It's like raiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin on your weddin' day!

:oops: sorry.

I was very happy because I felt there was no one else worthy to go for. The evidence against him wasn't too great. But the evidence on anyone else, IMO, was lacking or non-existant.

As for drummer...I dunno how the mafia knew drummer was a rollblocker anyway. And I guess I'm curious why the doc is still in the game.

Hmmmm...

I guess it's possible for the mafia to hand us Jose to lynch...

At the moment I'm more interested in shelper.

Scum leaves me, dirge, and Jose so me and dirge, who both voted for Jose will go after him today...scum kills a random other person. It's very possible there are two scums left...I don't know what to do.

I just think Shelper is scum. He could be, he might not be. I think it's possible Jose is still alive because he's scum and he's not the doctor. (Hey, let's see how many Alanis Morrisette song titles I can put in a post. You oughtta know how many ;)...sorry)

And technically...I did NOT put you on a suspicion list, I was stating a fact. The suspicious list was Shelper and Silgado. Well...that post kinda makes it seem so, but I haven't really seen you as suspicious.
massive wrote:Well, upon re-read, my weird list still contains the same people, and I think I could pony up to
vote drummer97531
. Since we know now that Dirge was innocent, it makes his concerted effort to get him to fully claim look a little more scummy. His voting patterns are also quite strange to me, and I usually look at incontinuity (is that a word?) as an attempt to evade suspicion.
Oh yeah, and I don't get it. Why does Dirge being innocent and any effort to get a full claim and your strange voting patterns and incontinuity (neither of which exist I might add) makes you scummy?

I can see that Drummer was pushing for a full claim on an innocent person...but I would go with the fact that no one knows what the roles are except scum know scum and some know some, but drummer, guilty or not, would have no clue if Dirge were scummy or not.
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:14 am

Post by shelper »

Dirge wrote:
shelper wrote:...drummer's role explained why sil lives.
how?
I was wondering why the mafia would take out a townie when they have a clear shot of the doc. But the mafia somehow figured out that drummer was the roleblocker, and thought him a greater threat than the doc. So they decided to take him out. How they knew drummer was the 'blocker i don't know, but they obviously felt him a greater threat than the doc, and were also pretty certain of his role to pass up a chance to kill the doc.
Now i'm not sure how roleblockers usually work, if they just have to target any mafia to block the kill or if they have to specifically block the one doing the deed, but i think i'm correct in assuming the 'blocker has a better chance of stopping night kills then the doc.
(correct me if i'm wrong here)
The 'blocker can systematically work through a list of the players, and when there is no night kill, the odds of that player being scum greatly increase
(not to complete certainty, as there's always the doc, but increased none the less)
and the blocker can block him the same night if he wishes to try and see if there is no kill again, or try to get some info out of him during the day.
But the doc has to rely on his instinct every time as to who the scum might kill, and this is a lot harder.
Roleblockers may SEEM helpful to the town, but they can cause as much havoc (blocking investigative roles, etc) as they help the town out.
Aye, but not at this stage of the game, i think. Our cop is dead, our doc's been outed, i don't really think there are more pro-town roles out there that the roleblocker could mess up.
(if there are, please don't correct me by outing yourself)
We had the cop (Dirge I), a doc (silgado) a vig? (thoth)
(still not quite sure about that one)
and a roleblocker (drummer). I don't think we are so lucky as to get any more pro-town roles.
[size=75][i]No, Im a rebel! You cant bully me into doing things I dont want to![/i] -VisMaior [/size]
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:50 pm

Post by shelper »

Arrrr? Wha' happened here ye landlubbers, just when we got some good discussion going everybody be goin' as quiet as an...
*struggles to find pirate metaphor*
erm.... as quiet as an erm..... Ye all be very quiet!
[size=75][i]No, Im a rebel! You cant bully me into doing things I dont want to![/i] -VisMaior [/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:15 am

Post by massive »

I'm trying to look back and figure out who I think drummer was most likely to try and block last night in an effort to gain ANY insight as to where to go next. Most of what I see is circumstantial and probably needs to be reflected through who we now know was innocent.

Wouldn't mind Narninian posting either, as he's the one who hasn't posted today. Would like to hear what he thinks about why silgado is still alive and drummer's not.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:46 pm

Post by Dirge »

A lot of time is being spent on this drummer issue. Shelper being the most vocal.
shelper wrote:I was wondering why the mafia would take out a townie when they have a clear shot of the doc. But the mafia somehow figured out that drummer was the roleblocker, and thought him a greater threat than the doc.

If mafia did figure it out then they would have valuable information. The issue of who would be the first to eliminate in my opinion would be the doc. If I'm not mistaken that is also the general consensus. Having been in a CB game before I know that there is a good chance that there are a variety of pro-town roles with night abilities and possibly back-up roles. The doc not only can protect but if he is successful he can almost be sure that the person he saved is innocent. On the other hand, what if the role-blocker was protected by the doc and the r-b was targeted? Then the r-b could suspect the wrong person.
shelper wrote:The 'blocker can systematically work through a list of the players, and when there is no night kill, the odds of that player being scum greatly increase

Quite frankly I think that Shelpers certainty of the r-b's threat to scum makes me believe that he is the one that may have targeted him. Looking back over Drummers post's It looks like he did unintentionally drop hints to his role.
Drummer wrote:Hmm, yes, the roleblocker would be a bad one to be unveiling.
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:24 pm

Post by Dirge »

Dirge wrote:The doc not only can protect but if he is successful he can almost be sure that the person he saved is innocent.
That is if there is no kill.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:31 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Narinian has been prodded once already, and I've just delivered a hard pirate boot to his Inbox, so we should expect him to show soon. [EDIT: Never mind, I am now looking to replace him. The pirating life do be having a high turnover.]

Vote Count remains the same:

shelper - 2 (STD, silgado106)

Not Voting: shelper, Dirge II, massive
Still Asleep: Narninian

4 to lynch.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:23 pm

Post by Dirge »

I guess I'm just impatient.
Vote Shelper
Talk to us!
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:25 pm

Post by silgado106 »

Well CB has asked for a replacement for Narn, should we wait until such person comes or should we just continue? I am kind of worried for Narn though I really haven't seen home online at all in a long time, not even in AIM... umm, I wonder if there's something wrong...
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:11 pm

I think he's still in the process of moving...
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:23 pm

Post by silgado106 »

Yes through my re-read of the whole game (I had so much fun :P) I saw that Narninian asked to be replaced on August 11th, so I guess CB just missed that post way back then...

Also after reading all of that, I want to ask you, STD, why exactly were you so adamant about not voting for drummer? (I know Drummer is innocent, but it just stood out to me while I was rereading everything)
STD wrote:Anyway, I'd be willing to vote for someone else, but not drummer, unless more evidence appears or we get close to the deadline.
and
STD wrote:I will NOT vote drummer unless there is more to prove he's scum.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:09 pm

Well...basically I didn't think there was any evidence against him, nor did I feel that he was scum...that's the only reason...I thought it was explained in those quotes...
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:17 pm

Post by silgado106 »

Ok, I see... I do agree... it was just they struck me as odd when I read them that's all...
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:35 pm

Post by shelper »

Apalogies, apalogies.
It's early morning here (6:30) and don't really consider myself awake enough to write long posts (that and i have to leave in 15 mins) so i'll just reveal my role.
I am an
internet
pirate, or more specifically, the internet nerd. I illegally download stuff. Music, software, books, games, you name it, i've probably downloaded it illegally. No powers, just a townie.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:32 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Fire-eatin' Fuldu replaces Narninian, effective immediately
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:11 am

Post by silgado106 »

Welcome ye dog Fuldu t' our ship... :)
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:11 am

Post by Fuldu »

I've just completed a read of the entire thread, and I would say that I find massive suspicious, except that past experience suggests that I always find massive suspicious. I would say that I find Dirge II suspicious, except that I found Dirge I suspicious and he was a cop. More importantly, though, I don't at all understand where this bandwagon on shelper came from; STD appears to have voted him because he voted for drummer97531, silgado appears to have voted for him because he can't see how a claimed doc not dying at night tends to throw suspicion on the claim, and Dirge appears to have voted for him because the day is stalling. Of the three, I'll
vote: Dirge
, as well as ask STD to stop referring to silgado (I think?) as Jose, because it's just confusing to those of us who don't know him personally.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:15 am

Post by shelper »

Fire eatin fuldu, welcome aboard me lad.
The doc not only can protect but if he is successful he can almost be sure that the person he saved is innocent. On the other hand, what if the role-blocker was protected by the doc and the r-b was targeted? Then the r-b could suspect the wrong person.
Very much agreed, i never said the system was foolproof, just that it could give
some
result.
Quite frankly I think that Shelpers certainty of the r-b's threat to scum makes me believe that he is the one that may have targeted him
Well, obviously the rb posed
some
threat to the scum, just as all pro-town roles do. I am just as stumped as you are as to why the doctor didn't get killed. Why scum did what they did is beyond me, i can only try and put myself in their shoes.

That's all i got, i gave you everything i knew, it's up to you guys now to decide if you want to lynch me, or let me live and help you catch scum.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:34 am

Post by Dirge »

Fuldu wrote:... Dirge appears to have voted for him because the day is stalling. Of the three, I'll
vote: Dirge
, as well as ask STD to stop referring to silgado (I think?) as Jose, because it's just confusing to those of us who don't know him personally.
I disagree with this first point, I gave a good reason. And Shelper has failed to convince me otherwise.

I heartily agree with the second. This Jose is confuses things.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:38 am

Post by Fuldu »

Okay, then I need a further explanation, because all I saw was this:
Dirge wrote:I guess I'm just impatient. Vote Shelper Talk to us!
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:03 am

Post by massive »

Well, you can suspect me all you want, but I've had almost a full day to off shelper and didn't do it. That means that Fuldu and myself are most likely NOT scum, as that would have led either of us to vote for shelper and win the game.

... unless shelper IS scum, in which case this whole argument doesn't hold water. But I don't think shelper is scum, and since I know I'm not scum either, it's a matter of trying to figure out which of the two scenarios is most likely: either shelper is scum, or two of the people on shelper right now are scum.

I don't think we can assume there's only one scum left. I've already said I believe silgado's claim to being the doctor. So that means, if shelper isn't scum, it's gotta be Dirge and STD. But we can't really lynch wrong here ... wrong lynch plus overnight death means 2 v. 2 in the morning and we lose.

It's just too close. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion about this. I also haven't heard much in the way of opinions about shelper's role claim.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:08 am

Post by Dirge »

Well I agree with Massive that he and Fuldu are probably not scum unless shelper is. I still think that there is a good chance that Shelper is so I don't think that we can not rule out the fact that if shelper is scum then there is a real good chance that either M or F are too. My money is on Fuldu since he attacked those of us who have been voting shelper and ignored my reasons trying to ignore those reasons for reasons I don't know.

Because we are in a potential lynch and loose situation. I think that we ought to consider a
No Lynch
. We have some good information from recent dialog and the best case senario we wake up tomorrow all intact the worst case scenario someone dies but we are only down 1 - 2 players (with possible sk kill?). Even if we lynch correctly today we run the risk of waking up with 4 tomorrow. If there is a SK then we could wake up with 3.

Unvote: Shelper

Vote: No Lynch
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:01 am

Post by silgado106 »

Ah! I knew there was something I had forgotten after rereading everything...

Unvote: Shelper

Throughout my reread, the two that kept sticking in my mind for being suspicious were STD and Dirge, but somewhat also Shelper. One of the reasons I asked STD about those quotes from him was because of that. At the end of yesterday, I thought STD might have been the least suspicious, thus why I protected him, but after my reread he made me back away from that thought quite a lot. Just in general things he said and did.

Dirge, While I was arguing with him back and forth yesterday, it just seemed to me he was a townie that had gotten the wrong vibes from me. But after rereading Dirge's agressive attack on me, he also became suspicious in my mind.

I do agree that maybe Massive and Fuldu are cleared, not 100% certain, but maybe.

And also, here you go again Dirge with your play on words that confuses people
Dirge wrote:My money is on Fuldu since he attacked those of us who have been voting shelper and ignored my reasons trying to ignore those reasons for reasons I don't know.
I do see where you said your reasoning, but I would much rather prefer that you would point to them when someone addresses you, rather than telling people they are ignoring them.
Fuldu wrote:silgado appears to have voted for him because he can't see how a claimed doc not dying at night tends to throw suspicion on the claim
Actually, I completely see that, and you can see that from one or two of my first posts today, I said that I saw how it made sense, then after Shelper posted, I told him that I was just thinking his Option Number 2, they [Mafia] most likely killed drummer to throw suspicions my way. One more point on this, I actually find it unlikely that they had found out drummer was a roleblocker, and even if they did know it, they would have most likely still chosen him over me, just to make my claim completely doubtful. In my honest opinion, it was a clever tactic, as some are still in doubt.

About Shelper's role claim, I do sort of believe it, since he did say before that the reason he was at one point suspicious of my claim was because his role, like most of the rest, are not actual pirates with names, but rather just generic pirates. Internet Pirate sounds like some of the rest of the pirates, but of course he could have very well just made it up. I also wanted to ask the rest of you, if ANY of you have an actual name for your role. I really would like to know, with just a 'yes I do' or 'no I don't' because I find it very amusing for me to be the only one...

One more thing STD, please do refer to me here as Silgado, I don't mind you calling me Jose, but others clearly get confused.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:54 am

:P Sorry, Jose was easier to type :)

I don't have such a role as yours. More later.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”