Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Crazy »

Yeah, I do prefer my own intuition over someone else's. And now that E-Badger no longer sees Lynx as town...

Vote: Lynx
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:12 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Mostly I see it as "WTF" and figured I'd go with your read, since mine are clearly cr^p.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Crazy »

No talking after the hammer, please, in case Lynx is the assassin.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

You damn dirty bastards lynching me and such...
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Vote Count

Lynx the Antithesis (3) - ElectricBadger, Vaya, Crazy
Crazy (1) - Lynx the Antithesis

Not Voting:

3 to lynch

Deadline November 18th, 10 am EST
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Starbuck »

The guards and king were careful this time. They had to be. They were tired of the bloodshed.

And even though, this one pleaded for his life, it didn't feel like it was coming from the heart.

They lifted his mask and showed the face of the ASSASSIN!

Lynx the Antithesis - ASSASSIN Lynched Day 6

Thread is locked until Lynx's suicide attack!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Starbuck »

The assassin weighed his options. One of these three people was the king. He had to choose the right one,

He ached all over, but he mustered strength the strength to carry out his orders. Before the others knew it, he whipped out his sword and killed the one standing closest to him.

The assassin and the masked figure bled and died together, their hands at each other's throats.

Vaya breathed a sigh of relief. The assassin had been wrong.

ElectricBadger - Castle Guard Killed by the Assassin
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Starbuck »

CONGRATULATIONS TO
VAYA, THE KING,
AND CRAZY, THE REMAINING CASTLE GUARD!

The thread is now open for postgame discussion.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Dammit all! 50/50 call blown what the hell. I should have known it was Vaya considering Zazier even said this game about bussing the king another time.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Vaya »

Close one, I thought we were going to lose there for a moment. Good Game Lynx.

By the way, the real reason I thought Badger was the assassin Day 3 and wouldn't say was that I miscounted the number of players and thought that he was putting me at L-1 when he voted me and said I'd be a good lynch. After seeing the vote count, I caught my mistake and unvoted.

And yes, I though Zaz was making it obvious I was the king.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Actually your vote convinced me Badger was the king, Vaya. I just thought it was a bad buss when you voted him, then a little later unvoted.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I definitely would like to say thank you to all of you guys for being active and not making me find replacements, and for making this a great first time modding for me.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Awesome job modding, Starbuck, thank you!

And a very good game. Lots of great interplay...felt like it took a while for me to really get into the groove, but went well. Lots of freaky moments of thinking I'd said too much though!
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:58 pm

Badger and Zazier, would you mind pointing out the places where you thought I made guard tells?
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Sure thing.
-Your quick hammer of Kdub, switching from Vaya without any condemnation of his finishing the lynch sans explanation (which was the reason you placed the vote on Vaya to begin with) and you never returned to V. It looked like an awkward shift from bussing to protecting. Not a strong tell, but an interesting moment - especially as it was what I was posting at the exact same time.
-Your comment in response to Zaz was more indicative, because I read too much into it. I was already a little frustrated with Z - he jumped around and ended with a vote on V, leaving me in a damnably awkward position of either super-conspicuously dropping my heavy bussing or putting the king at L-2, where an assassin vote would have been disastrous. "So much for using our votes with caution..." carried a lot more meaning than it should have; it looked like a subtle message to Z to get off Vaya.
-The best move for the assassin seemed to be forcing large, quick wagons, especially to L-1, which would force a mislynch or show you obviously who the king was. You never did this when given opportunity.

I didn't see anything as obvious as Zaz claimed, and I'd really like to hear what he saw (particularly as half my evidence was AFTER his comment, thus my comments that I couldn't say I was seeing what he was). But my logic:
-If Zaz was town, he saw an obvious tell and I should trust that a bit
-If Zaz wasn't town, you were town
Ergo, strong argument of your being town.

I also saw a strong case against Zaz, to the point he seemed the obvious assassin - which was a larger part of my 'I think Lynx is town' evasive answer. He was sitting on Vaya, blocking other wagons and not helping to make a case against anyone, which looked to me like he had suspicions of V and was trying to force us to obviously avoid the wagon. So I felt I had to join to have any hope of bussing (hoped that combined with my earlier 'don't go L-2' comment it would send a message). Zaz still didn't back off, and no one else jumped into the L-1 position on either V's wagon or Z's (again this seemed like a good assassin spot) so I concluded that was because the assassin was the only player who couldn't build up either lynch.

After Z flipped guard, Tarballs was just the obvious choice. His initial vote against Vaya was the only vague tell, and it could have been completely random - as I said in game, I didn't suspect him per se but he was just too dangerous to let live, and there was so little interaction with him that he wasn't a believable king anyways; losing him didn't really hurt town much so was well worth removing any chance of lurker-scum.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:42 am

Post by Crazy »

Let me see:

-I originally got a town-read on Tarballs from his original vote for Vaya. It seemed like he was trying to hide the King.

-I thought Kdub was the assassin because of his vote on me immediately after I defended Vaya.

E-Badger was obv-town because of this:

Tarballs' second attempt on a confirmed townie in the space of his 5 posts yields my
vote: Tarballs.
I assume you were referring to Vaya and not to Kdub?

When Zazie questioned about E-Badger's "change in reason," it seemed like fishing to me and that's why I thought he was scum.

I also got a brief town read on Lynx for this, which prompted me to vote for Tarballs instead:
You should tone down your speculating as well about Vaya because it is giving up more info than we should make known.
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:16 am

Post by Tarballs »

My gameplan was to mostly observe how everyone interacts with the king and make my decisions based on that.

I
was
trying to hide the king with my randomvote. Figured that if no one else wants to vote him, I'll do it then.

Crazy and ZazieR were obvtowns to me by day 2 or 3. Reason why I suspected ElectricBadger was that he kept voting for the king. If he had let it go after the first time, this would've been much easier for me. I did like his early vote on day 3 though, it seemed like a test to see who would jump on the wagon. Lynx did and immediately became a suspect for the rest of the game.

Good game all.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Kdub »

GG guys.

Crazy, I actually didn't suspect you at all. I wagoned you to take pressure off of Vaya, who was the vote leader at the time. I was thinking Badger or Lynx was the assassin around the time I was killed, but it would have been pretty hard to vote one of them without looking like I was defending Vaya.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:15 am

Post by ZazieR »

Vaya wrote:And yes, I though Zaz was making it obvious I was the king.
I wasn't planning to bus. In my opinion, others were making it obv that you were the king. So I was hoping I could get that thought away before the assassin would find out by attacking you.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:17 am

Post by ZazieR »

Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Badger and Zazier, would you mind pointing out the places where you thought I made guard tells?
You voted somewhere a certain player, while your case against Vaya was stronger. Kdub did the same and EB as well, so I saw it as a strong town tell.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:20 am

Post by ZazieR »

EB wrote:I also saw a strong case against Zaz, to the point he seemed the obvious assassin - which was a larger part of my 'I think Lynx is town' evasive answer. He was sitting on Vaya, blocking other wagons and not helping to make a case against anyone, which looked to me like he had suspicions of V and was trying to force us to obviously avoid the wagon. So I felt I had to join to have any hope of bussing (hoped that combined with my earlier 'don't go L-2' comment it would send a message). Zaz still didn't back off, and no one else jumped into the L-1 position on either V's wagon or Z's (again this seemed like a good assassin spot) so I concluded that was because the assassin was the only player who couldn't build up either lynch.
Me showing why I thought Crazy was scum, wasn't scumhunting?
Me asking questions, wasn't scumhunting?

Also, I didn't unvote Vaya for this reason:
Lynx wrote:Actually your vote convinced me Badger was the king, Vaya. I just thought it was a bad buss when you voted him, then a little later unvoted.
An unvote out of nowhere would have given a bad impression as the Assassin might have thought that Vaya was the king.
Ignore the ''R''
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Crazy »

I appreciate your distancing, Zazie. :D

Did you really think my meta here matched my scum meta? Because honestly I think AITP is such a unique setup that you can't really rely on meta at all. Look, you supported a case that you didn't believe in; that's not something you would do as town.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:07 am

I have to admit that ths was one of the more challenging roles I've had. Being the uninformed minority is much tougher than I thought. I think you all did a really good job of balancing each other and attacking everyone evenly. I hate not knowing info as town and when I'm scum I, of course, still don't know get anything just my luck. Oh well fun game. Very different from a normal game. Still pissed I lost haha I'm going to lynch all of you next game we're in regardless of alignment for payback haha.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:16 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza