quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:55 am

Post by quercitron »

Yah, you got me.

It was really unfortunate for us that we lost RoadBird, he turns up clean to all investigations. We got unlucky there, BigFells was plenty sane (RoadBird was clean of drugs because he was our mole, The Accountant had drugs cause we planted them) but thought he was insane, and poof! goodbye RoadBird.

I'm starting to wonder about when it's good to help lynch your own. I was 2nd on the Mackay bandwagon after her role claim and 3rd on the RoadBird, hardly usual for Mafia. But no one remembered that at all, and it's not like I can just bring it up.

Interesting premise with all the Cops. A pity for us we got knocked out so quickly (and unluckily.)

q
Lucresia
Lucresia
Goon
Lucresia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:22 pm

Post by Lucresia »

so the game is all over then?
cause I have a question to ask q then...
[b]"and All anybody knows is you're not like them..."[/b]

- Elliott Smith
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:25 pm

Post by quercitron »

I'm the last Mafioso. I'm assuming there isn't a replacement Mafioso I don't know about or a Serial Killer or something, as there were 3 of us working together and no evidence or anything else. But we'd better wait for the Mod. Lucresia, you can PM me.
Lucresia
Lucresia
Goon
Lucresia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:27 pm

Post by Lucresia »

Alright, it is a dumb question anyways. I'll pm you. :)
[b]"and All anybody knows is you're not like them..."[/b]

- Elliott Smith
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:36 pm

Post by Corsato »

Vote: Quercitron

if he isn't dead yet :).
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:29 pm

Post by Cadmium »

After some discussing, everybody agrees that Quercitron is the one that should be lynched. They grap him and take him to the tree.

"You're making a mistake here. I just took over from Lucresia. I'm a Narcotic trainee."
, says Quercitron.

Macros looks at him and really calm he says:
"Meh, It's obvious."
And indeed
Meh
. Like sheep everybody follows ;).

Just before the actual lynching, they ask him if he has anything to say. All that comes out of his mouth, is this one word:
"Bah."
And with that being his last word, he's lynched.

Hoping that this would be the last of the Ardizzone's, they all gather around him. After some searching, a cop's badge is found.

"What does it say?"
, Corsato asks. Warrior4037 looks at it and says:
"Let me see. It's a badge from ... the narcotics division. Oh no, this means he was telling the truth, right?"

Then BigFella comes forward and makes a good point.
"Wait a sec, look at that name. It's Lucresia's badge. We've got a winner here."

Quercitron, a member from the Ardizzone mafia, has been lynched

It is night, please send your choices ...
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:31 pm

Post by Cadmium »

where you want to celebrate your victory :D.

As soon as everybody realizes that they're freed from the Ardizzone's, they all run outside to let some emotions out. Everybody's running around like crazy, since all those death are finally over.

Corsato walks towards the sign with the town's name on it. Being all excited, he doesn't notice it and accidently tips it over. After putting it up again, he takes a good look at it.
"Hey guys, come take a look at this! This must be one of the most ironic things I've ever seen."

When everybody's there, he points towards the sign.
"Are you guys familiar with acronyms? Just look at the letters. Do you see what you can make of this?"
They take a look at the sign:

R
e
d
h
o
r
s
e
Gu
n

After a couple of seconds, Macros begins to laugh.
"Hehehe, that's pretty funny. I see it too."

No
drugs
here

And with that, they walk towards the town's centre to celebrate their victory, all night long.

Congrats to the town. Thanks for playing, everybody. I had a fun time modding this. I'll post the exact roles later on.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:14 am

Post by Corsato »

~~ Does a little victory dance with Lucresia ~~

w00t. We've won. Thank you for modding Cadmium, it was fun to play.
I'm really curious about my role, especially the part that I obviously missed.

Compliments to the other players as well.
Have I said w00t yet ?? :)
BigFella
BigFella
Watcher
BigFella
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:20 am

Post by BigFella »

*yay town*
Well-played everyone. And thanks MUCHLY to Cadmium for modding, it was a really fun game.

One thing for quercitron, well-played right until the very end. I didn't even THINK of suspecting you at all until right at the very end. And even then it was only because of your lack of suspicion being your downfall.

Oh, and did I mention well-played to everyone? :P

Anyway, I just have one question. Just who was the person who could count their vote as double, or vote silently or whatever? And what did your role entail?
There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:37 am

Post by quercitron »

I thought we were gonna take this easily when I saw our role descriptions at the beginning. Three of us, working together, we can plant drugs, switch our guns with Cop guns, and make ourselves look innocent. We took out the gun-guy first Night so we didn't even have to bother with anything elaborate there...but then two very bad things happened.

Night 1 we planted drugs on The Accountant and shot glpenguin, more or less randomly.

1. Mackay got lynched because...yeah, well you know what happened. Made warrior look very innocent and took us down. I still wasn't so worried though.

Night 2, Lucresia got drugs, shot the Accountant's partner (whoever you were.)

2. This really pissed me off. BigFella, the Commissioner, is completely sane, and should find our mole (RoadBird) innocent and free of drugs. And he does. But RoadBird gets lynched because the results make it look like BF is insane. I knew we had no chance of winning now; I was just determined not to give the Town three straight Mafia lynches.

Night 3, shot The Accountant (sorry for being obvious, but confirmed innocent doc = bad. I took the chance there was no surveillance role, surveillance roles are hard to balance.)

3. Attempted to get Mentat lynched with horrible logic, and then (I was happy with this,) gave him a majority with a post that obviously should have said vote: Macros, then immediately switched and PMd the Mod that this was a Mafia tactic and to kill Mentat. I figured I had to do something.

Night 4, didn't want to take the chance that Lucresia was sane, because if I were her I'd check me or Macros next. BigFella hasn't been sure of his results, I'll leave him alive. Anyone with Rookie in their description gets left alive :). Knowing that this game is all about drugs, what's a good and consistent role claim? replacement narc...when Lucresia first announced her role I had this in mind, knowing there was a narc out there, and said I firmly believed she was telling the truth. I'd even debated coming out before her with a list of innocent or possibly innocent and one guilty due to planted drugs. Shot Lucresia, told the Town I'd got her last Night choice, went for the role claim, had done nothing suspicious the whole game...

...got lynched.
warrior4037
warrior4037
Watcher
warrior4037
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:14 am

Post by warrior4037 »

well played everyone, it appears luck was certainly on our side. Sorry Corsato if it seemed like i really wanted to kill you for no reason. Good job non-Mafia dudes (yay us!!!), and good job mafia especially Quercitron. Thanks Cadmium for moderating, the roles were really cool. And being a rookie no longer, thanks for the expierience to all.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:55 pm

Post by Corsato »

I don't see any reason for you to say sorry. There's no need to apologize for things happened in a game, unless it was really really stupid :).
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:39 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Roles

These were the roles in this Mini Game the way it was sent to the players:

Roadbird: Corrupt Police Officer
Mackay & Quercitron: Ardizzone Mafia

The three of them were somehow involved in the Ardizzone family. Two of them were members of this family. The members were found guilty when investigated. The family had managed to bribe a police officer on the town's force. The police officer was found innocent when investigated. The three of them were able to communicate every night by mail. They had to make some choices at that point.
First, they had to choose who they wanted to kill and what firearm they would kill this person with. These were the firearms they could choose:

auto pistols
  • Colt M1911A1 .45
  • Luger P08 9mm
  • Mauser M1912 .32
  • Smith & Wesson 1917 .45
  • Walther PP .38

revolvers
  • Arminius Model 10 .32
  • Beretta 1915 7.65mm
  • Colt New Service .45
  • Colt Pocket Positive .32
  • Webley Mk IV .455

In addition, the corrupt police officer was able to throw some chaos in the precinct. Every night, he was able to do both of the following things, but he could also choose one or none:

• switch someone's firearm with one of the above. He could not use the same weapon as the one that was being used for the kill the same night. Also, once a weapon was used for a switch, they lost that weapon so they couldn't use it for another kill.
  • plant drugs from the Ardizzones in someone's locker.
    Both items would be found by the target the morning after if noone else has found it that night. He/she would turn it in then.
    Together they decided who should be targeted. The kill was sent to me by a family member and the corrupt officer sent the other target(s). Should both of the family members have died, the corrupt police officer would become a family member.

Mentat

He was a police commander from the internal affairs division. It looked like there was a corrupt police officer on the force. He's been bribed by the mafia and was working for them. It was his job to find this officer. Every night he got to choose a person to investigate. He was told corrupt or not.

Lucresia

She was a police detective from the narcotics division. Her specialty was finding drugs. Every night she got to choose a person to investigate. She was told clean or not.

Corsato

He was a police lieutenant from the interrogations division. His specialty was questioning people. Should he get a person to talk enough, he would know if they were lying or telling the truth. Otherwise he didn't have enough information to find out. Every night he got to choose a person to investigate. Depending on the circumstances, he was told if they were lying about their role or not. If the target didn't say anything about his/her role yet, he didn't get a result.

Macros

He was the Chief of Police (COP). He was in charge of the precinct. His vote counted double but he couldn't make the final vote. Also, every night, he got to choose a person to inspect. He was told personnel or not.

BigFella

He was a police captain from the detective division. His specialty was investigating gang related crimes. Every night he got to choose a person to investigate. He was told innocent or guilty.

Warrior4037

He was a rookie police officer from the detective division. He just joined the force, and he still had to learn some things. Every night he got to choose a person to investigate. There was a 50 % chance of getting a result. If so, he was told innocent or guilty.

The Accountant & Crackerjack

They were backup police officers from the surveillance division. They were there to save their colleagues in danger. The two of them were able to communicate every night. Then they had to make a choice. They could protect one person each. There was a 50% chance of being there on time. If they were and this person was targeted for a kill, they would prevent the kill. Should one of them have died, the other one had 100% chance to protect.

Glpenguin

He was a police detective from the forensics division. His specialty was finding clues on murders. Every night he got to choose a person to investigate. There was a 33% chance that he would be told the kaliber of the weapon the target was carrying, a 33% chance that he would be told the type of the weapon and a 33% chance that he would be told both.

More

I don't have my sheet at work, but I'll post all choices and extra info later. That's a promise :).
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:21 am

Post by RoadBird »

BigFella, how come you lied about your result on investigating me?
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
BigFella
BigFella
Watcher
BigFella
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:46 am

Post by BigFella »

Sorry about that RoadBird. The reason is beacause if I said what I really got then there would have been no reasoning behind me voting you. And the reason I went for you is because I've done my research. I looked up other games you were in and noticed that when you're a good (or non-bad) role, you play REALLY well. But so far in this game you started to slip up with a few things in the way you posted. That and the fact that at the time someone needed to get the ball rolling, it was all going a little slowly.
But seriously, it was mainly just a really strong hunch I had. And I figured, hey, who ever said that you have to be mafia to use mafia tactics? :wink: Sorry about that.
:cry: *begging* No hard feelings???????
There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:21 am

Post by RoadBird »

LOL.

Well, you were correct but the "slip up" part is not true.

I start to make mistakes more often because I'm not that concentrated lately. For example Focused Mafia. In my oppinion I really screwed up while I am on the townside.

All in all I don't really like being mafia. I want to hunt the mafia.

Nice playing and congratulations.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:45 am

Post by Cadmium »

Behind the scenes

The Accountant

• Night 1: BigFella (no protection)
  • Night 2: BigFella (protection)
  • Night 3: Corsato (protection)

BigFella

He got guilty when his target was able to communicate at night.
  • Night 1: The Accountant (guilty)
  • Night 2: Roadbird (guilty)
  • Night 3: Mentat (innocent)
  • Night 4: Lucresia (innocent)

Corsato

He got a result when his target made at least three posts telling about his/her role on the day before his investigation.
  • Night 1: - (no result)
  • Night 2: The Accountant (truth)
  • Night 3: Bigfella (no result)
  • Night 4: Warrior4037 (no result)

Crackerjack

• Night 1: Quercitron (protection)
    Night 2: The Accountant (no protection)

GLPenguin

His PM is still in my outbox. In other words, he hasn't been to this board since he signed in. Thank you mafia, for killing him first night :). This made me able to begin the game without waiting.
Every policeman had a Colt Detective Special .38 as a firearm, including the corrupt cop. GLPenguin could find the last gun used when investigating mafia (if there was no switch). Also, in all death scenes, the murder weapon would be included until the forensics detective died.

Lucresia

She could find drugs on mafia and on persons framed by the corrupt cop.
  • Night 1: Crackerjack (clean)
  • Night 2: Mentat (clean)
  • Night 3: BigFella (clean)
  • Night 4: Macros (clean)

Mackay & Quercitron

• Night 1: GLPenguin (with a Luger)
  • Night 2: Crackerjack (no gun choice due to GLPenguin's death)
  • Night 3: The Accountant (no gun choice due to GLPenguin's death)
  • Night 4: Lucresia (no gun choice due to GLPenguin's death)

Macros

He got two votes when he was the first one to vote for someone.
  • Night 1: Quercitron (not personnel)
  • Night 2: BigFella (personnel)
  • Night 3: Mentat (personnel)
  • Night 4: Lucresia (personnel)

Mentat

• Night 1: Lucresia (not corrupt)
  • Night 2: Warrior4037 (not corrupt)
  • Night 3: The Accountant (not corrupt)

Roadbird

• Night 1: Lucresia (drugs) (no gun due to no previous kill)
  • Night 2: The Accountant (drugs) (no gun due to GLPenguin's death)

Warrior4037

• Night 1: Quercitron (no result)
  • Night 2: Macros (innocent)
  • Night 3: Corsato (no result)
  • Night 4: Lucresia (innocent)
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:57 pm

Post by Corsato »

Yeah, I figured it was something like that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”