#87 HHGG3 - L,TU,AE - GAME OVER. DON'T PANIC!!!

Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:57 am

Post by Werebear »

Please read the previous page before reading this post.

Stewie (The Mattress)

You are a large mattress, and probably one of quite high quality. Very few things actually get manufactured these days, because in an infinitely large Universe such as, for instance, the one in which we live, most things one could possibly imagine and a lot of things one would rather not, grow somewhere. (A forest was discovered recently in which most of the trees grew ratchet screwdrivers as fruit. The life cycle of a ratchet screwdriver fruit is quite interesting. Once picked it needs a dark dusty drawer in which it can lie undisturbed for years. Then one night it suddenly hatches, discards its outer skin that crumbles into dust, and emerges as a totally unidentifiable little metal object with flanges at both ends and a sort of ridge and a sort of a hole for a screw. This, when found, will get thrown away. No one knows what it is supposed to gain from this. Nature, in her infinite wisdom, is presumably working on it.) Anyways, you have no night choices. Things don’t happen in a swamp…. Do they? Oh well. You *DID* however, get the longest role PM. If there were awards for the longest role PM, you'd get it. Along with the PM. Isn't that nifty?

Bloojay (Thor, townie)

You are THOR, Ancient God and Wielder of Mjollnir, and you are a TOWN MEMBER. Your mission is to get rid of anyone anti-town.

Leonidas (Prak, townie)

Prak, Townie – eliminate the KILLERS

God (Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged, townie)

What a bunch of foonting turlingdromes. And now they’re eliminating the mega-unhoopy population of the universe before you can insult them. Well, you, Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged, are going to help stop them, even though you have no powers. So get out and vote! (Hey, it’s better than watching “Space Vixens in Heat” for the 45-thousandth time, isn't it?)

Carmine (Slartibartfast, doc)

Slartibartfast - doc

Dragon Phoenix (Ford Prefect, cop)

You, Ford, have been sent a Sirius Cybernetics Metal Detector. Each night you can aim it at someone, and get a result saying if the being you aimed at is METAL or NONMETAL. You also get a cheerful ‘ding’ and a wish for a pleasant day as well, unfortunately

Thoth (Arthur Dent, cop)

You are Arthur Dent!!! Each night, you investigate someone and get their name. Pretty cool, huh?

Medicated Lain (Agrajag, insane cop)

Arthur Dent! Arthur Dent! This name has haunted you your whole life, every time you get a fresh start, Arthur Dent comes by and kills you! You hear tell of some beings that want the universe destroyed, but no! Not until you kill Arthur Dent!

… So each night, you’re going to search, and search, and search. Whoever you search, you will get either “Good” or “Evil”. Until, of course, you find Arthur Dent, and make him pay for killing you. After that, you don’t need to search any more, so you won’t.

Thought the character of Agrajag would be a SK or mafia, huh? Nope!

Wacky (Marvin, townie)

Here you are, Marvin, brains the size of a planet, and you’re stuck on a swampy planet with a mattress. It’s enough to make you want to spit, isn’t it, only you can’t spit, so it’s just another reminder of what you can’t do. Which is a lot. Oh well. Go town.

Mathcam (Hactar, SK)

You are Hactar, a computer generated by an ancient people to deploy a simple bomb. You failed in your task, and they obliterated you. You spent a lot of time convincing the good people of Krikkit to start a war on the universe, and now they’re locked up. You need to get the parts of the key back. That, or eliminate all the townsfolk. That’s right, you don’t need to kill the mafia to win. So each night, you kill with a Mega-Kill-O-Zap (Planet Buster Edition) someone.

Feel free to quote this PM, but if I were you, I’d make up a fake claim, possibly using the name “Trillian”.

Darkblade and Shadforce (Krikkit 00001, Krikkit 00002, mafia)

Darlblade and Shadyforce, You are robots, created by the good people of Krikkit to carry out their mission of peace, justice, morality, culture, sport, family life and the obliteration of all other lifeforms. You have been given a weapon, a Mega-Kill-O-Zap (Planet Buster edition) and each night you aim it at someone. Some of your targets are carrying parts of the Key to the Wikkit Gate! It would probably be a good thing for you to get all five of these… and hey! You have one already! What a bonus.

Please, feel free to quote this PM… but if I were you, I’d rather make up a fake claim, possibly using the name “Zaphod” instead. *evil grin*

MOD NOTES:

DP gets "METAL" for the Krikkit Robots and Marvin. He gets no result for Hactar at all.
Agrajag was a normal, insane cop, but if he investigated Arthur, he'd kill him and stop being a cop. If Arthur was killed by mafia/SK, Agrajag wouldn't lose his powers.

Wowbagger *WAS* originally going to survive one death, and Prak *WAS* originally going to get to be able to verify the truth of one statement at night, but I thought the game was already slanted in the town's favor without those abilities. Thor was the original doc as well, Slartibartfast was going to be the one who stopped the Krikkit Robots, Arthur was a plain townie. Everything got shuffled. :)
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:30 am

Post by mathcam »

Awesome. I was pretty convinced that Leo was the remaining mafia, and that he had been given the name "Prak" as a safe claim, much as I had been given Trillian. I sure didn't think Darkblade was evil.

Thanks for the awesome game, WB. Games, really. I think I managed to sneak my way into all three of them.

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:36 am

Post by Werebear »

And now you can't complain that you were never a SK. Did you like being a SK? *Grin*
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:38 am

Post by mathcam »

:) That was indeed fun. I'm disappointed I never got to claim Trillian, though. I spent a long time coming up with a role claim consistent with previous nights happenings and the days in between. Now I guess I'll have to save that for another game.

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:48 am

Post by Werebear »

I can just see it now. "Kitchen Appliance Mafia". Day 2, mathcam claims Trillian. *chuckle* (Just kidding :twisted: )
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:43 am

Post by mathcam »

It's somewhat amusing to think that the two winners of this game probably don't even know they've won yet, whereas both the losers of the four know and are already bitter. :)

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:12 pm

Post by Werebear »

What, should I blow up the universe anyways?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:41 pm

Post by mathcam »

Ah, what the heck? Go for it.

Cam
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:05 pm

Post by Leonidas »

No no, the winners know, well al least one of them. And God sees everything !

Wow, wow, wow !! GO TOWN !

After two defeats in HHGG 1 and 2, ( :evil: ) it's nice to live to the end of HHGG3...
:D
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:19 pm

Post by Werebear »

my question - what should I do for my next mafia? Should I go for "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"? *laugh*
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:45 pm

Post by Darkblade »

Sure! Why not do So long and thanks for all the fish? *grin*

To tell you the truth, I thought Wearbear was setting me up for a trap with his "Claim Zaphod" thing, especially after the town found out about Arajag, showing how evil Wearbear could get. I was sure that somebody was told in their PM that the robots would claim Zaphod. I was actually prepared to claim Zobagger. *chuckle*

Wait, so mathcam, you didn't think I was guilty yet killed me anyways? With 4 remaining in the night, I thought for sure the best evil strategy would be to kill the other evil person. If that other evil person killed a townie, then a win was guaranteed.

I have a really bad streak of being offed by SK's when I'm mafia. Bah.
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:01 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Definitely - so long and thanks for all the fish !

It just has to go on ;)
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:34 am

Post by Werebear »

Actually, that was one thing that surprised me about the mafia and SK, I handed them valid claims on a silver plate, and neither side used them. And poor Agrajag... I deliberately made his role vague, but his investigations were 100% insane. Of course, with his choices he could have been paranoid, which would have fit also...

Oh, and Darkblade? Don't pull a Leonidas. It's not "Zobagger", it's "Wowbagger". *laugh* Google is your friend.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:14 am

Post by mathcam »

I see what you're saying Darkblade, but my win condition specifically said that I don't need to kill the mafia to win. I have to somehow get all the key parts or kill all the townspeople. So if evil and I targeted different townspeople, I win. If evil and I target the same townsperson, then it's a really fun endgame with two evil and one townie left (where I could consider claiming evil and the two evils could lynch the townie),
or
you happen to be evil in which case I win as long as you don't target me.

Cam
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:55 pm

Post by Carmine »

Wow, what a game! I was most upset to die on the first night (and more upset as it turned out be so entertaining) (and even more upset that the person I protected the first night was eevil (last time I make that mistake ;) )).
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:25 am

Post by shadyforce »

I couldn't really claim Zaphod when I had been identified as a Krikkit, but I did the best I could. I'd like to say it nearly worked but it didn't really? I put it down to bad luck :D. Well done town.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:30 am

Post by mathcam »

(last time I make that mistake
That seems unlikely. :)

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:05 am

Post by Werebear »

I did have a great time modding this game. If anyone has comments/suggestions, please PM me, I'd like to know if I could have done this better... other than not confusing Wacky and Stewie. *laugh*
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:34 am

Post by God »

BWAHAH My first live win! :D :D
Eat
that
mathcam!
"Still looking for one, heh" Dragon Phoenix, inside the 2nd DP9 Modprod.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:44 am

Post by mathcam »

Heh. Congratulations.

I'm not sure how I allowed
that
to happen. :)

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:28 am

Post by Werebear »

I'm sure he won't let it happen again now. :twisted:
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:38 am

Post by God »

Note to self, kill mathcam night 1... more than usual.
"Still looking for one, heh" Dragon Phoenix, inside the 2nd DP9 Modprod.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:18 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”