Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2002 4:19 am

Post by Mike Amok »

Post, nyah. :P

You missed one, rOver. discer hasn't posted either (I assume you're not counting confirm posts).
Vote: discer
[size=75]This space intentionally left blank.[/size]
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2002 4:56 am

Post by rOver »

You're right I did miss discer.
However it seems strange to me that you voted discer. You didn't say why but it's for not posting I suppose. Which is strange given that it was your first post.

Unvote: Mike Amok
FOS: Mike Amok

Vote: Ralphmerridew
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2002 6:14 am

Post by Mike Amok »

Actually, it was more because you "missed" him. Ever so slightly suspicious.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2002 8:03 am

Post by quercitron »

r0ver. First you vote mikeamok without an explanation, and he already has a vote. Then you vote ralphmerridew without an explanation; oh look, he also already had a vote. Not exactly random. Or are we all in "let's just lynch someone mode?"

Unvote: ralphmerridew, Vote: r0ver-eager
jesternl
jesternl
Townie
jesternl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2002 8:22 am

Post by jesternl »

I sorta feel the same as Querci here... you are a bit to eager, mi amigo r0ver..
vote: r0ver
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2002 9:48 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

My thoughts:

1) To those who are wondering why a vigilante would kill the first night, on GL I've heard of the "vigilante curse": People who draw vigilante frequently die night 1. As a result, vigilantes often kill first night just so they can use their ability.

2) With three killing roles and only twelve people, I think one of them has to be on the town side, otherwise it's weighted a bit too much against the town.

3) The Mafia Spy, as described on GL, worked as follows: Each night he can investigate one person and learn their role, and if investigated by the cop is found innocent. If he targets a mafia, he can join them, but he loses his protection from investigation and ability to investigate.

4) I really think that the mafia famil(y/ies) have only two members. First, Look at mini game 1 and see how 3 people of 12 were enough for a mafia victory. Take that and add in at least one other baddie and the town has little chance. Unless this is a huge game of rival turf.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2002 10:20 am

Post by rOver »

quercitron wrote:r0ver. First you vote mikeamok without an explanation, and he already has a vote. Then you vote ralphmerridew without an explanation; oh look, he also already had a vote. Not exactly random. Or are we all in "let's just lynch someone mode?"

Unvote: ralphmerridew, Vote: r0ver-eager

I voted Mike Amok becouse he hadn't posted anything. I could have voted ralphmerridew, but that would have made 2 votes anyway, or I could have voted discer but I just missed him/her not posting.
Then Mike started posting so I unvoted him. I followed my vote a silent one strategy, so it meant 2 votes for either ralphmerridew or discer.
I realize they looked very much as attempts to start a bandwagon, but they were only results of my strategy of voting silent players and the fact that I missed that discer hadn't posted.
So much for defense. Feel free to unvote :wink:
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2002 10:34 am

Post by rOver »

Just realized, ralphmerridew posted so I'll unvote him

unvote: ralphmerridew

And discer remains the only one who hasn't posted and already has a vote. So...
Nah, just joking. I'm not voting anyone for now.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2002 7:09 pm

Post by discer »

sorry folks, my first mafia game is backwards mafia (still going) so i'm just used to that pace. uberslow. that game is also very confusing so i was expecting a more "normal" (does that exist?) game here. but then there's two kills on night one (good ones tho). i've been reading but didn't really know what to think so i didn't post anything. since i'm the last of the non-posters i can't vote in that style. so what now, completely random lynching? that seems kind of silly so i was hoping someone with more experience might come up with a half valid reason to lynch a specific person. or am i asking for too much for the first day?

anyone?
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2002 6:32 pm

Post by discer »

only one post in just about 24 hours? reading thru things i don't see how we're going to come up with a top-notch reason to lynch anyone so..

1. we need more info
2. it would be nice to get things moving along
3. rover's "over eagerness" seems to be the best reason to lynch yet

i'm going to
vote: rover
until i hear a better reason to vote otherwise
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2002 9:22 pm

Post by Mike Amok »

What is this "over eager" nonsense? Frankly, I wonder if some of you aren't being a bit over eager to lynch rOver.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2002 10:48 pm

Post by rOver »

discer wrote:only one post in just about 24 hours? reading thru things i don't see how we're going to come up with a top-notch reason to lynch anyone so..

1. we need more info
2. it would be nice to get things moving along
3. rover's "over eagerness" seems to be the best reason to lynch yet

i'm going to
vote: rover
until i hear a better reason to vote otherwise

I have to say I'm surprised. The most suspicious thing I did, that I didn't vote you., so some people belived we might both be mafia. I understand that Mike Amok and Jalyn found this suspicious, but you? You know absolutly well that this is not the case.
Also quercitron said I voted without an explanation. Which is of course not the case. I, as I hinted in my posts at the time, voted them becouse they didn't post. But of course I'm repeting myself.
I don't understand this eagerness either. I'm eager to lynch someone, or just to active in general? I already explained the first one. It was just coincidence that I voted for people who already had a vote. For the second, I'm just used to much faster games. Read post 11 in Internet Mafia History, in the Maffia Discussion forum, if you don't believe me.
Anyway after discer voted to me (unless this was a very clever trick on our part) after I had 2 votes, there is no real reason to believe that we are mafia with discer. Which esentially means that there is no reason to vote me.
I wonder if anyone found out something in this discussion. Of course everyone who voted me was suspicious for me, but then I'm not really impartial.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:19 am

Post by rOver »

Jalyn wrote:
rOver wrote:The most suspicious thing I did, that I didn't vote you., so some people belived we might both be mafia. I understand that Mike Amok and Jalyn found this suspicious, but you? You know absolutly well that this is not the case.

I didn't necessarily think that you were not voting for discer because the both of you were mafia, but that you limited your options to the two people that already had votes. (Just as a clarification)

Yes but then you can't see into my random number generator.. Since there was a 2/3 chance for a second vote, I could easily have claimed that it was chance.
Anyway, the whole idea is a bit absurd if you think of it. You vote silent players to make them post if they are around, not to get them lynched. After all it's quite difficult to keep up your vote after they start posting.
It's just that quercitron overlooked my reason for voting and everyone is trying to make a case of it, since this is the best we have.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:21 am

Post by rOver »

And yes, I did misunderstand you jalyn. But I actually think it made more sense the way I thought :P
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:42 pm

Post by discer »

mod, can we get an official vote count?

town, can we get some progress?
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
Townie
Soothsayer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:36 pm

Post by Soothsayer »

i'll post an voting update after the England world cup match.

:D
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2002 7:20 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

Vote: r0ver
since he strikes me as most suspicious at present, and I don't see any other good targets.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:50 pm

Post by rOver »

*Sigh*

I really hoped I wouldn't have to do this, but 4 votes are quite a lot, I can't risk being killed first day.
I'm a cop. I'm sorry I made the town vote for me thus forcing me to reveal my role so early in the game. :roll: SArcasm off. I'm a bit upset with some of you who voted for me. Quecitron: not becouse, he voted for me first, but rather becouse he did not care to comment on my defense even though he posted in other threads. And all of you who voted me, thinking "he's defending himself, now that's suspicious". Anyway, noone wants to get lynched and the best way to avoid it, is to lynch someone else, isn't it? But if you don't want to lose I cop, it's not me.
For now, I'm not telling who was my choice for the first night. It might help the mafia in determining my sanity. But if you insist on lynching me, please tell it, and I'll reveal what I found out.
Also Vote:jestenl for jumping on me.
It's not too convincing, but much better than lynching a cop.
And for the doc: I'm counting on you.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:08 pm

Post by discer »

rover, your well on your way to the gallows. i would suggest you spill everything you know. if you are a cop, at least the town will get some info. if your not, well......... we'll soon find out it appears.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:36 pm

Post by rOver »

Don't worry, I won't blackmail the town. It's just not my style.
But I just don't understand why you insist on lynching me. Let's face it, I'm as likely to be mafia as anyone else. Maybe a bit more in your eyes.
You said yourself, that there are no top-notch reasons to lynch anyone (that includes me I guess) and you vote me until you hear a better reason to vote otherwise. Obviously the possibilty of losing a cop (and we don't really know how many more we have,) is not good enough. I wonder what is, then.
Anyway I'm away for now. I'll have an exam from 12.00 CET (that's 2 and a half hours from now). I'll be back at around 15.00.
Please do not vote for me from now on, just indicate that you would like to. When we have 6 quasi-votes, I'll give you what you want (not that it means much, becouse you won't know what kind of cop I was).
But I really hope this will not be necesary.
jesternl
jesternl
Townie
jesternl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:52 pm

Post by jesternl »

OK, we have a reputation for killing off the cop in the first round, so
Unvote: r0ver

Let's get things going though, I think this day is dragging on pretty long as it is...
Vote: DP
for not being very active, IIRC he only poked his head in to vote for r0ver

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”