Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 24, Tammy wrote:oh gods save me I have a town lean on spiffed already :/
shhhhhh just let it happen
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 23, Battle Mage wrote:if the comb gives random killing powers which aren't the decision of the owner, does it even matter who gets it?
Yes, unless the powers state differently than the mechanics are described, you can choose to use the artifact or to transfer it to another player. Which means we should try to get them to town reads who gets the information for the artifact, can share what the negative effect is, and can transfer it as needed.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Tammy »

I'm wondering if the person who received the other artifact should claim it though.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 25, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 24, Tammy wrote:oh gods save me I have a town lean on spiffed already :/
shhhhhh just let it happen
you say as you laugh maniacally at the screen :P
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Prism »

In post 27, Tammy wrote:I'm wondering if the person who received the other artifact should claim it though.
Two issues with this.

1) Scum pick who gets it and likely kept it.
2) Getting an artifact last night does not mean it came from scum. Artifacts were eligible for N0 pass.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:04 am

Post by sangres »

In post 21, Battle Mage wrote:maybe a dumb question but are we sure the flavour of the artefacts is not different to the mech in the game? otherwise, it's pretty easy to use the flavour to figure them all out?

wary of a swerve haha

I'll do
Vote: Spiffeh
too, so we can progress quickly to the important business of the day!
I like you already!
In post 23, Battle Mage wrote:if the comb gives random killing powers which aren't the decision of the owner, does it even matter who gets it?
"Snag it. Bag it. Tag it."

The recipient learns the specifics about what the artifact does, and what the downside of using it is.

@Tammy, if you're town, a mutual aid society would be most comforting!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

Tammy I swear I'll redeem myself for Popcorn
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Prism »

And going further I'm willing to publicly claim to have passed my artifact N0 in order to flavor claim to Bork, who was selected at random after removing several players from the list at my discretion.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 29, Prism wrote:
In post 27, Tammy wrote:I'm wondering if the person who received the other artifact should claim it though.
Two issues with this.

1) Scum pick who gets it and likely kept it.
2) Getting an artifact last night does not mean it came from scum. Artifacts were eligible for N0 pass.
Yeah I thought of the possibility that scum kept it, but in a world where scum gave it to town that might be an interesting tidbit of information.

Where did I miss they were eligible for N0 pass? I've read through the instructions three times (ENDLESS WONDER), including just now trying to make sure I understand the artifact mechanic and didn't see that. And if that's the case, never mind!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

That’s not what I said. I provided the flavor in which the person becomes a killer then doesn’t remember who they killed or did. I doubt things would be random here. The flavor can guide mechanics but may not be 1-1. Random may not necessarily be it. Based on flavor my guess is some kind of neighborize/invest to know someone’s alignment but then scum get an extra kill. Or maybe the players get a hood but become lovers? And no extra kill. So I think it’s really important to give this to someone town. If it’s the invest then they look at a null read. Then if it’s lovers then a scumread maybe.

The above are guesses and could be a lot of things. I don’t think with the hidden nature the mod does random though. The key thing is not to get too caught up in the what and focus on the who.

Hot take Spiffeh is scum or town that scum wanna buddy. Super hot take BM is scum
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:15 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I love the passion MathBlade keep it up
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:17 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 32, Prism wrote:And going further I'm willing to publicly claim to have passed my artifact N0 in order to flavor claim to Bork, who was selected at random after removing several players from the list at my discretion.
Interesting. *rubs chin* Do you see a downside to claiming the negative parts of this artifact? I have a weird reason for asking.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Prism »

I don't want to discuss any mechanical aspects of the artifact at this time, but I'm not the only one you can ask.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 31, SirCakez wrote:Tammy I swear I'll redeem myself for Popcorn
That wasn't a dig on you for popcorn! But popcorn was a reminder to myself how out of balance I can get when I get too invested in a mafia game. It's one of the (many) reasons I stopped playing mafia, and it's something I can't let happen if I want to still play mafia.
In post 30, sangres wrote:@Tammy, if you're town, a mutual aid society would be most comforting!
Not entirely sure what this means! I just know right now one of you is probably unhappy, and I selfishly want it to be Nacho though that's also battling with how much I know he's burnt out on being town and wants to be scum again so badly. I am town, and I do hope if you guys are town that we'll be able to click though!
In post 32, Prism wrote:And going further I'm willing to publicly claim to have passed my artifact N0 in order to flavor claim to Bork, who was selected at random after removing several players from the list at my discretion.
Think I found what I misinterpreted or didn't think through when I read them. Didn't realize that "other distribution effects may be in play" meant that some people started with artifacts.

Kinda like prism for this but think it's even stupider than my early town lean on spiffeh.

Oh also I just realized the time. I need to go out for a walk while it's still a balmy 25 out.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Read the rules. The recipient of the artefact will learn its abilities and can choose to do one of the following as their artefact action at night

1)use its power.... And accept its negative consequence
2)pass the artefact to another player, who will also learn its full rules.

In essence, artefacts are always pro town and should only be given to townies.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 34, MathBlade wrote:
That’s not what I said. I provided the flavor in which the person becomes a killer then doesn’t remember who they killed or did. I doubt things would be random here. The flavor can guide mechanics but may not be 1-1. Random may not necessarily be it. Based on flavor my guess is some kind of neighborize/invest to know someone’s alignment but then scum get an extra kill. Or maybe the players get a hood but become lovers? And no extra kill. So I think it’s really important to give this to someone town. If it’s the invest then they look at a null read. Then if it’s lovers then a scumread maybe.

The above are guesses and could be a lot of things. I don’t think with the hidden nature the mod does random though. The key thing is not to get too caught up in the what and focus on the who.

Hot take Spiffeh is scum or town that scum wanna buddy. Super hot take BM is scum
i didn't say that's what you said - i said what i myself inferred - why so confrontational?

Based on your flavour, which i'm not at all familiar with personally, maybe it's not random but that the recipient has a compulsive kill which is controlled by somebody else? your suggestions could also work. I imagine with most artefacts we want to give them to town ideally? *shrug*

might be worth a look at the full complement of artefacts and see if we can deduce what abilities make sense across all of them (i.e. if there's lots of investigating type stuff, it's less likely that is what this one does).

Oh and super duper hot-take is Mathblade is a townlean for this, because MathBlade-scum always buddies me and MathBlade-town always bad faiths me. :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Prism »

Not necessarily true re: always pro town.

For Tammy, you think flavor claiming before Day 1 even starts, is dumb to townread?

I'm hoping to get compensated in the form of a replacement, to be clear.

Personally, I'd rather skip the guesswork on the comb power, but that's just me.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Prism »

And ceding an artifact to do so*
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 37, Prism wrote:I don't want to discuss any mechanical aspects of the artifact at this time, but I'm not the only one you can ask.
So you’re saying you don’t want to out negative abilities that exist in order to protect a flavor claim which is almost always NAI?

Is this correct?

I know I can ask Bork, but I doubt Bork would lie about receiving an artifact.

What I am more concerned with is you started with an artifact and had a weird ass idea to townfirm yourself as an alignment and I wanna see if you had it as scum or town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 19, SirCakez wrote:Math I trust you to be my flavor guide this game
im not sure if he is in this game?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 41, Prism wrote:Not necessarily true re: always pro town.

For Tammy, you think flavor claiming before Day 1 even starts, is dumb to townread?

Personally, I'd rather skip the guesswork on the comb power, but that's just me.
Well, you're wrong. Any power, even with a drawback, even if the power itself is not pro-town, is pro-town to give to town in this game because they can just anchor/holster it and never use it and hot potatoe it to avoid it from scum.

In essence, we should never make arguments like "artefacts should be given to people we don't trust". It's a pure trust vote and pro-town to have on a townie. Always.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Prism »

In post 43, MathBlade wrote:So you’re saying you don’t want to out negative abilities that exist in order to protect a flavor claim which is almost always NAI?
Have you read the sample PMs?

Not mechanically discussing the artifact, take it up with bork.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 46, Prism wrote:
In post 43, MathBlade wrote:So you’re saying you don’t want to out negative abilities that exist in order to protect a flavor claim which is almost always NAI?
Have you read the sample PMs?

Not mechanically discussing the artifact, take it up with bork.
Reread them and I fail to see anything special.

If flavor is alignment indicative then scum would receive fake claims.
If flavor is not alignment indicative then why does this matter?

I just don’t see what you’re doing here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 45, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 41, Prism wrote:Not necessarily true re: always pro town.

Well, you're wrong. Any power, even with a drawback, even if the power itself is not pro-town, is pro-town to give to town in this game because they can just anchor/holster it and never use it and hot potatoe it to avoid it from scum.

In essence, we should never make arguments like "artefacts should be given to people we don't trust". It's a pure trust vote and pro-town to have on a townie. Always.
VOTE: LLD
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Prism »

In post 47, MathBlade wrote:If flavor is alignment indicative then scum would receive fake claims.
yikes

guess i need to hit the mechanical drawing board to think of a way to confirm i am a specific person

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”