q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 am

Post by q21 »

I am relocating for work in the next week and am therefore going to be busy until I leave and unlikely to have personal access to the internet for a while after I arrive. As such I have decided to ask for replacement from all my currently ongoing games. Having to move this quickly is a little unexpected and I apologise to the mods and players I will be leaving, I know how much it sucks to have to go searching for replacements.

I hereby officially request replacement from this game.

Sorry again,
q21
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Nexus »

Setael replaces q21.
Trans rights are human rights.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:16 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Again with the full scumscales being posted...

Welcome, Empking. What do the asterisks on your scumscale denote? And, what about Nameless' play makes him the scummiest to you so far? And, why post the scumscale?

ICE's ISO of Implosion in #242 is pretty damning, IMO.
ICE:
He gave a bit of reasoning as to why he fit in to the SK play style, but I'm not sure how that differs from scum play on day 1.
I'm not sure, either, that is why I don't get why it didn't raise your eyebrows. Seeing scummy play on D1 is one thing, but reading scumminess specifically as 3rd party in a closed setup seems odd.

And, welcome Setael.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Empking »

DarthYoshi wrote:Again with the full scumscales being posted...

Welcome, Empking. What do the asterisks on your scumscale denote? And, what about Nameless' play makes him the scummiest to you so far? And, why post the scumscale?
1. They're prods.
2. Gut
3. a) To remind myself b) to inform everyone else
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

Picked up a prod and am still here; will be back later.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Nexus »

silavor has been prodded.

zdenek needs a prod, but he also declared v/la so he's avoided it. For now.
Trans rights are human rights.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Saint »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
_over9000 wrote:I am incredibly sorry to those who are upset at my lack of activity, I've been really busy these past couple of days and I haven't had time to comment on anything. However, the truth is that the things I said I agreed with were pretty much all I had to say at the time. I promise that I will have much more content tomorrow.
You had four posts in this game (now five) and you said, in order:
1. /confirm
2. RVS
3. Oh woops we are outa RVS
4. That RVS is now real because...something I didn't explain.

You didn't agree with anything except that WeaponsOfMassConstruction should be lynched, and you did it in the most general way possible.
silavor wrote:...
Nexus wrote:
neil1113 has requested/is being replaced.

I will get to finding one now.
Hmm. Anyone know why neil replaced out? He complained the last time I was in a game with him about how much he hates being vanilla town, and I can't imagine him flaking on a scum role unless something serious came up.
ICEninja wrote:more comments on recent posts when I have time. I'm really suspicious of neil as well, because of the parallel between his disinterest in this game and his disinterest in our game together when he was scum.
One of you here is wrong. I'm guessing its the ICEninja 'cause I'm town.
4) Can be answered as not liking WoMC's failtrap of IIoA ON PAGE ONE.
-just sayin'
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Saint »

neko2086 wrote:
scumslip (I can't imagine what
it could be), I really don't see what you're trying to get out of this.
In his post defending WoMC, he says "I can't imagine what" instead of I can't imagine
that
it could be. I feel he has made a slip in rhetoric here, and I have re-evaluated my situation to believe that WoMC and Neko may be a scumteam.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Saint »

unvote
for now, i need to catch up more
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Wow, sorry to be so behind on this.

Thanks to our replacements.

Saint- Obviously welcome to have this slot replaced with someone who will actually contribute. I have two things to say about the SK speculation-- First, it's rather baseless. He gives an impressionistic judgment of my play. Second, that impressionistic judgment is a little dubious. I don't understand how my being distant from the town is scummy. In my mind, the only way to play this game is to question everything and everybody. The only people here who know who they can trust is scum. I'm very interested to know the specifics on this read.

The rest of his posts thus far--I do not at all like how easily he claims mongoose and zdenek to be town. Call me scum for being "nervous" if you want, but blindly following others means you likely know something we don't.

King- Why Saint's method of entering the game is worth bringing up is beyond me. It makes no difference. This looks to me like you're just trying to find something to criticize and not actually scumhunting. Also, your speculation of Saint as the SK is almost as bad as his own. Why is the use of jokes suddenly a SK tell?

Emp- Nice to see you again, but why am I scum? Looking forward to some specifics on that and your other scum reads.

I'm having a hard time seeing this supposedly damning case on implosion in terms of the ISO. If he does indeed read mongoose as scummier than over, I'm not sure I see the problem. I really don't like Mb's willingness to jump on an implosion wagon so easily.

Saint's newest post- how exactly is that a slip? I meant "what"-- over made a completely pointless request for q21 to explain his typo, and I couldn't (and still can't) imagine what he could possibly have been going after.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Setael »

Hello all. I'm reading the thread and should be done by mid-day tomorrow.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by mb53 »

I really don't like Mb's willingness to jump on an implosion wagon so easily.
Contradictions are pretty big scum tells in my book. And implosions made a pretty huge one.
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Nameless »

Empking: Feel free to explain any of those reads sometime.

Saint: #257 is a semantics argument. Liking you slightly less again.

mb53: Hang on. Prior to now, you said implosion's defence was decent. But this time you didn't even give him a chance to respond before deciding you'd changed your read. ICEninja's post before yours didn't actually make any new arguments either; I brought up the discrepancy between implosion's initial scummy / currently neutral reads, the lack of justification for his 'scum on wagon' stance and whatever else pages ago. Maybe my posts weren't convincing enough, but that "pretty huge" contradiction wasn't new. The bandwagon on implosion - and your sudden change of heart - was.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Saint »

Are semantics arguments generally scummier than other arguments, or something? I'm not seeing it.
I like Neko's keeping his vote on me in comparison to being unvoted, honestly, as he has raised some valued points about the weakness or baselessness of my opinion of him. I am not "in the know" about him, and have primarily a gut read. He has actually defended himself fairly well.

I also like MB's defense of his vote. When implosion flips, I'll have to re-analyze him if he flips scum. I have seen tons of buddying between them, though. I might actually like an MB wagon more, as I felt like it was him doing the buddying, so he has a better chance of being scum in terms of associative tells... however, implosion's play on his own has been off what i feel is his town meta. I am still considering both of them to be scum, to clear that up, just mb is helping himself
a little
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Saint »

Setael wrote:Hello all. I'm reading the thread and should be done by mid-day tomorrow.
hey, man.
nice avatar, love that movie. "UNLOCK IT!"
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by Saint »

also, i know nameless is going to jump me for more semantics arguments, but in his #179, mb says something similar to "why does such and such make me scum?" the fact that he has to ask why seems and reads more like "what did I do wrong for you to have caught me?" than anything else.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

neko2086 wrote:...
King- Why Saint's method of entering the game is worth bringing up is beyond me. It makes no difference. This looks to me like you're just trying to find something to criticize and not actually scumhunting. Also, your speculation of Saint as the SK is almost as bad as his own. Why is the use of jokes suddenly a SK tell?
It just
annoys
me. Having a whole bunch of posts in a row like that instead of just making a single post. Urgh.

Its not the use of jokes, Saint uses a couple little minor joke thingies in his other posts, its the sudden seeming change in style from little aside things that take up maybe a sentance max to
"hahaha
Ok serious time
put your serious face on"
which reads as suspicious. I also have a gut read from his general posts of him being some sort of scum. Seems a bit to eager to accuse anyone of anything. He also seems to just...ignore any scummyness his predeccesor had. Like, not ignore the suspicions, just flat out trying to explain away the stuff as if it was nothing at all, even when nobody is calling him specifically out on it.
Oh, just rereading and Saint asks Neko what his (saint's) read on Neko is about. How could anyone know whats up with someone elses read like that? Unless they can read minds or something...
Saint wrote:...
4) Can be answered as not liking WoMC's failtrap of IIoA ON PAGE ONE.
-just sayin'
Yep, it sure could have been. Potentially.
It wasn't though. In fact he explained nothing at all.

Um, other stuff. Empking should have noticed the like 10 posts of people saying not to post the list of scum stuff and then not done what he did. He also shoulda explained his vote more. q21 never really answered for his accusing me with something you could debunk from my second post in ISO.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Post by Empking »

All my reads are due to gut. And the only one I'm overly confident in is Nameless (who is no doubt about it bona fide scum) and q21.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:18 am

Post by Nameless »

Saint wrote:Are semantics arguments generally scummier than other arguments, or something?
Semantics arguments are generally
meaningless
. You might as well lynch somebody for disliking the overuse of commas or their IRL accent.
Saint wrote:in his #179, mb says something similar to "why does such and such make me scum?" the fact that he has to ask why seems and reads more like "what did I do wrong for you to have caught me?" than anything else.
It isn't unreasonable for a player to ask why somebody else finds them scum. If the accusation hasn't been properly explained then they're not going to be able to explain why it is wrong and prevent their own mislynch.
/not actually semantics this time. :wink:
Empking wrote:All my reads are due to gut. And the only one I'm overly confident in is Nameless (who is no doubt about it bona fide scum) and q21.
Hello active lurking.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Saint »

empking can you like.. not use your gut, and use your head?

..just this one time?

:)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:58 am

Post by Empking »

Nameless wrote:
Empking wrote:All my reads are due to gut. And the only one I'm overly confident in is Nameless (who is no doubt about it bona fide scum) and q21.
Hello active lurking.
Hello attacking your attacker.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:45 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Empking--why is it important to inform everyone of all your reads, as opposed to, say, just your scumreads? And, why gut when you have over 250 posts of material to analyze? And, why are your definitive reads definitive to you?

KTS--how does being eager to accuse work as a scumtell for you? Really, how do all those other behaviors you describe of Saint work as scumtells? Your last post about Saint...it doesn't look good. It comes across as a lot of grasping at straws.

Not liking the amount of lurking WoMC is engaging in. Or Silavor. Neko too, though it looks like he's back.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:25 am

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

DarthYoshi wrote:...
KTS--how does being eager to accuse work as a scumtell for you? Really, how do all those other behaviors you describe of Saint work as scumtells? Your last post about Saint...it doesn't look good. It comes across as a lot of grasping at straws.
Thats why those were mentioned after "Gut tell" in my post. The main thing was that his posting style changed for a single post wherein he accused somebody of being the SK when we as of yet have no real basis for calling anyone that or even really thinking there is one.
Empking wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Hello active lurking.
Hello attacking your attacker.
Perhaps if you had included any reasoning in your post, at all, he could dispute it (or attempt to) and you could move on from there. You didn't give
any
reasoning why anyone should think of nameless as scummy, just that you arbitrarily do. Not a single reason or accusation.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:07 am

Post by Empking »

DarthYoshi wrote:Empking--why is it important to inform everyone of all your reads, as opposed to, say, just your scumreads? And, why gut when you have over 250 posts of material to analyze? And, why are your definitive reads definitive to you?
1. Because I've just replaced in.
2. In depth analysis is just a way to feel confident in your fallacy filled reads.
3. Because they're ridiculously obvious.

FOS: King
- Ignoring my question, jumping on the Empking wagon rather than scumhunting, "Empking should have noticed the like 10 posts of people saying not to post the list of scum stuff and then not done what he did." which is just so filled with scumminess I'm not sure where to begin.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Zdenek »

I'm back and reading:

First of all, I think that q21 had a good point about King's blindly sheeping nameless onto the Implosion wagon, which was pretty weak. However, I think the description of the entire event in Post 207, wasn't completely correct as King pointed out. I'm willing to chalk it up to an honest mistake, especially since q21 is being replaced.

Silavor's 212 is incredibly lazy. He's sticking hard to his RVS vote, and doesn't mention anything other than WOMC in it.

Saint:
Saint wrote: This is good to see your town meta. Hi darth!
Saint wrote: It is nice to see the town suspecting the same people I am suspecting.
Reeks of having too much information and of buddying.
Saint wrote: I have a read so far.
You.
As the SK.
An SK read, before there are multiple kills? This seems like a scummy attempt to distract the town from scum hunting or to seem pro-active and townie by looking for all sorts of anti-town characters.
Empking wrote: Zdenek: Thoughts on King12?
Leaning scum, but not that strong of a read. I thought that Neil was fairly scummy, but he replaced out, and I'm willing to partially forgive the slot for that. I also think that King's sheeping of Nameless's argument was weak.

I need a day to think about things, but here's a placeholder vote until tomorrow, mainly it's because 9000 didn't say much and Saint's catchup seemed scummy
Vote Saint.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”