Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:38 am

Post by Seol »

brushhopper wrote:holy shit I just saw your post saying me to choose. Sorry. How about you seol?
I'm the
Beloved Townie
. If I get lynched, whoever placed the last vote commits suicide. If I get nightkilled, the town goes into mourning and we skip straight to another night.

Thesp?
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:29 am

Post by Thesp »

I'm the
Mafia Killer
. I'm a halfway-sort-of itchy trigger finger vigilante, except I must make kills on every even night. Night 2 was Mastermind of Sin. (Glad I chose him of Mr Stoofer, who was my other choice at the time). I know my name doesn't fit the "_________ Townie" theme, but that's what I've got.

Now, who to lynch.

At the bottom, I've included the claims list. Based on it, there are a couple of things I'm willing to grant:
1. Mr Stoofer is pro-town, pretty much confirmed.
2. Assasin is almost certainly pro-town. (98%ish)
3. Brushhopper has been consistent with his claim, but is not confirmed ability-wise or alignment-wise.
4. dybeck's ability is not confirmed, but is more likely to exist given he was correct in that I went out night 2. Even if this is proven, this does not confirm him as pro-town.
5. kwyjibo's ability is pretty darn confirmed. The only way it's not is if Mr Stoofer and kwyjibo are running some huge gambit together, one that soon would fall apart on its own and is highly unlikely in the first place. It would take some unusual circumstances for him to be scum at this point, I think.
6. I am by no means confirmed, either ability-wise or alignment-wise.
7. Seol's ability is not confirmed, nor is his alignment.
8. SpeedyKQ's ability is not confirmed (though confirmable), nor is his alignment. However, should such ability end up being confirmed, I find it doubtful that scum would get a role so potent for them. Conceivable, but unlikely.

So this leaves me with this:
Let's not lynch these guys today, if ever:

Assasin
kwyjibo
Mr Stoofer

The "I'm not sure about these guys, but they can wait" camp:

SpeedyKQ

The "There might be something going on here" group:

Brushopper
dybeck
Seol

Brushhopper could be a manufactured claim from the beginning. dybeck could be lucky with his guess (his N1 pick was a "safe" one). The one that stands out to me is Seol's claim. It's exactly a role name (which none of us have), it dissuades a lynch, and seems too convenient.
Vote: Seol

I doubt there is, but do we have enough time to confirm SpeedyKQ's ability and still get a lynch in, or should that wait until tomorrow? I'll be active enough to do it, not sure about everyone else.

----------

Claims list

Assasin - Popular Townie, forms mason group
D1 - Seol (accepted, confirmed existence of HFC)
D2 - Mr Stoofer (accepted)

brushhopper - Paranoid Townie, can stay up to kill someone, but can only post three times the next day.
N1 - used
N2 - not used

dybeck - Snooping Townie, picks someone's house and tells what's going on
N1 - Assasin (stayed home)
N2 - Thesp (went out)

kwyjibo - Psychic Townie, roleblocker
N1 - Mastermind of Sin
N2 - Mr Stoofer (confirmed by Mr Stoofer)

Mr Stoofer - Veteran Townie, doctor
N1 - kwyjibo
N2 - Blocked (kwyjibo confirmed)

Thesp (replacing Omniplex) - Mafia Killer, must night-kill on even nights
N2 - Mastermind of Sin

Seol - Beloved Townie, if lynched, lynchee commits suicide, if nightkilled, skip to night

SpeedyKQ - Kung Fu Townie, once a day, can knock out a player who voted for them
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:44 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

No way, Seol. Sounds like you want to scare the bejeezus out of anyone who might want to vote for you. If we do the math I expect we'll find that if your claim is true and we lynch you, we'll immediately lose. How convenient. I'm not falling for it.

Vote Seol

I'm willing to unvote and be the one to put the last vote on later if anybody is too afraid (or thinks their role is too valuable) to do it.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
brushhopper
brushhopper
Goon
brushhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:45 pm

Post by brushhopper »

Vote seol
. your role is worse then being a vanilla townie. If the mafia nightkill you it helps them?! Also if we lynch you, you take one of us with you? That is either a horrible, horrible role or you obv made it up. I'm also suspicious of thesp at this point because of his name not being _____ townie. And why is his role name mafia killer? Does that mean he's mafia, or does he kill mafia? or what?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:38 pm

Post by Thesp »

brushhopper wrote:
Vote seol
. your role is worse then being a vanilla townie. If the mafia nightkill you it helps them?! Also if we lynch you, you take one of us with you? That is either a horrible, horrible role or you obv made it up. I'm also suspicious of thesp at this point because of his name not being _____ townie. And why is his role name mafia killer? Does that mean he's mafia, or does he kill mafia? or what?
It's not a made-up role name, or what it's worth.
http://www.geocities.com/gldragonphoeni ... wnies.html
I didn't see why it was necessary of him to divulge the "beneficial if the mafia kills me" part, though, if it's not made up. That's not a very Seol-like move at all. Seems more designed to draw the doctor's protection.

Very, very happy with my vote.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
brushhopper
brushhopper
Goon
brushhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:15 pm

Post by brushhopper »

I didn't see why it was necessary of him to divulge the "beneficial if the mafia kills me" part, though, if it's not made up. That's not a very Seol-like move at all. Seems more designed to draw the doctor's protection.
I agree. Why would he give more information then needed when it only benefits the mafia? I've also watched a few of seol's games and it is unlike him to misplay.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:52 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:
kwyjibo - 1 (dybeck)
Seol - 3 (brushhopper, SpeedyKQ, Thesp)
Not Voting - 4 (Assasin, kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer, Seol)

With 8 alive, it will take 5 to lynch.
The deadline is in just under 12 hours.
To be Continued...
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:53 am

Post by Seol »

brushhopper wrote:Vote seol. your role is worse then being a vanilla townie.
Yes, that's right - my role is, largely, a liability. I'm surprised you seem to think that's unlikely - in a game where everyone has an ability, if all the abilities were helpful then the Mafia would have to be buffed up to compete. So either we'd be facing a Mafia with abilities - which from the "Townie Townie" description of MoS's role seems unlikely - or we'll have some roles which are drawbacks to compensate.
Thesp wrote:I didn't see why it was necessary of him to divulge the "beneficial if the mafia kills me" part, though, if it's not made up. That's not a very Seol-like move at all. Seems more designed to draw the doctor's protection.
:roll:

It was designed to draw
something
, yes.
brushhopper wrote:I'm also suspicious of thesp at this point because of his name not being _____ townie. And why is his role name mafia killer? Does that mean he's mafia, or does he kill mafia? or what?
Me too. There's:

* The non-"___-Townie" name
* The "verifiable" nature of it that we can't check on for another
two
days and still has a number of outs,
* The fact it's the perfect cover-claim for a serial killer to make (and "Then he heard a footstep behind him, and quickly stood up and spun around. He barely had time for his eyes to widen in shock before the knife went into his throat" doesn't sound like vigilante flavour to me).

Vote: Thesp
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:37 am

Post by Thesp »

Seol wrote:
brushhopper wrote:I'm also suspicious of thesp at this point because of his name not being _____ townie. And why is his role name mafia killer? Does that mean he's mafia, or does he kill mafia? or what?
Me too. There's:

* The non-"___-Townie" name
* The "verifiable" nature of it that we can't check on for another
two
days and still has a number of outs,
* The fact it's the perfect cover-claim for a serial killer to make (and "Then he heard a footstep behind him, and quickly stood up and spun around. He barely had time for his eyes to widen in shock before the knife went into his throat" doesn't sound like vigilante flavour to me).

Vote: Thesp.
* I'd contended a week ago here that a name being in non "_______ Townie" form was not itself an indication of being scum, and no one seemed to have qualms with the suggestion at that time. Why now is it a problem?
* I concede that my claim is not terribly verifiable for any number of reasons, and I have not made claims to the contrary.
* I'm the Mafia Killer, I'm trying to kill the mafia. I'm not going to give them a chance to kill me back.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:41 am

Post by Seol »

Thesp wrote:* I'd contended a week ago here that a name being in non "_______ Townie" form was not itself an indication of being scum, and no one seemed to have qualms with the suggestion at that time. Why now is it a problem?
It had raised an eyebrow at the time, but there were more important things to talk about at that point. Just because the issue was mentioned then and wasn't contested until now doesn't mean we've forfeited the right to discuss it. We've also got more information now than we did then - information which shows that everyone has (claimed) a "___ - Townie" role apart from you.

If anyone else had supported your position, or you'd mentioned it yesterday when the "___ - Townie" issue was being used as partial basis of suspicion against Stoofer, then it'd carry more weight. But it's a problem now, because your claim is
simply not consistent with the rest of the game
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:21 am

Post by Assasin »

I don't trust Thesp's claim. Even if he is vigilante he is still dangerous and threat. He doesn't always kill mafia, he can kill protown players. And since he's the only one I find suspicious at the moment I will
Vote Thesp

With Mr. soofer away that leaves 7 to play.
I will eventually kill you all.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:16 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

kwyjibo - 1 (dybeck)
Seol - 3 (brushhopper, SpeedyKQ, Thesp)
Thesp - 2 (Assasin, Seol)
Not Voting - 2 (kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer)

With 8 alive, it will take 5 to lynch.
As due to certain circumstances I will not be present in three hours when the original deadline hits, the deadline has been moved to ten hours from now.
To be Continued...
brushhopper
brushhopper
Goon
brushhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:02 pm

Post by brushhopper »

15 minutes left to either lynch someone or not
brushhopper
brushhopper
Goon
brushhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:03 pm

Post by brushhopper »

oh yeah,
unvote seol
vote thesp
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:17 pm

Post by Assasin »

One more vote!!!
Come on, beat the clock!!!
I will eventually kill you all.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:17 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

The deadline has been reached

Final Vote Count:

kwyjibo - 1 (dybeck)
Seol - 2 (SpeedyKQ, Thesp)
Thesp - 3 (Assasin, brushhopper, Seol)
Not Voting - 2 (kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer)

Since no consensus on who seemed to be the most mafia-like was reached by nightfall, the townies departed with heavy hearts, knowing that in the morning, some of them would be gone. Worst of all, they had wasted the day, coming no closer to their goal of disposing of the mafia. The day had been eventful just the same, though, and perhaps tomorrow would bring more certainty to their actions.

There was a No Lynch at deadline. It is Night Three.
Please get choices in within the next four days.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2005 5:51 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Returning to his home after the day's discussion, brushhopper was feeling quite tired. However, he was always on the lookout and prepared to defend himself if needbe. Unlocking his front door, he walked through the hall to a medicine cabinet, where he stared at his two most valued items: A machine pistol, obsessively polished every day for years and fully capable of mowing down several people with a single clip, and a jar of caffeine pills, highly concentrated and sufficient to keep him awake and alert all through the night, ready to slaughter any potential mafia coming for him. After a few moments of thought, though, he turned away and went to the stairwell, leading down to his fortified sleeping quarters in the basement. Then he heard a voice behind him. "You forgot to lock the door behind you." He tried to dash for his gun, but his attacker stabbed him in the back as he passed. As brushhopper crawled slowly towards his prized weapon, the world began to grow dark...

On the other side of town, Mr Stoofer was feeling quite accomplished. He was finally putting his skills to good use, helping people to find places to hide that the mafia would never discover. A few minutes after he dropped off his latest charge, though, he began to grow nervous. His combat instincts, still pretty sharp even years after he'd last been shot at, began to tell him something was quite amiss. Looking around frantically for a place to hide but not seeing one, Mr Stoofer began to run, hoping to outdistance anyone looking for him, or at least get to someone else's house so that he could be seen... but he couldn't outrun the bullets.

brushhopper, the Paranoid Townie, and Mr Stoofer, the Veteran Townie, are dead. It is Day 3.
To be Continued...
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2005 8:56 pm

Post by Seol »

Thesp wrote:I'm the Mafia Killer. I'm a halfway-sort-of itchy trigger finger vigilante, except I must make kills on every
even
night. Night 2 was Mastermind of Sin.
Night 2 scene wrote:Then he heard a footstep behind him, and quickly stood up and spun around. He barely had time for his eyes to widen in shock before the knife went into his throat.
Night 3 scene wrote:Then he heard a voice behind him. "You forgot to lock the door behind you." He tried to dash for his gun, but his attacker stabbed him in the back as he passed.
vote: Thesp
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2005 9:17 pm

Post by dybeck »

Yes Seol - nice try. I didn't get a chance to vote you yesterday, but your role is utter baloney. Don't try to scare us into not voting you.

vote: Seol
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 1:58 am

Post by Seol »

What? You're entitled to your opinions about my role, but
Thesp is lying about his role here
. I can't see any reason
not
to lynch him.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 2:30 am

Post by dybeck »

What's he lying about? Did I miss something?
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 2:59 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Well, the night's events pretty much showed Thesp's claim to be BS, too.

He admitted he stabbed MoS night two, claiming he is a vigilante who must kill, and only kills on even-numbered nights. But looky, we just had another stabbing, on an odd numbered night. Either we have two different stabbers who have only killed one night each (I don't think so), or Thesp is our friendly neighborhood serial killer. I think that we can't kill Thesp, though, because if the game started with a 3-member mafia, it would leave us in a losing situation with 3 townies and 2 mafia going into night.

So, we need to kill one of the mafia, and I'm pretty dang sure this will do the trick:
Vote Seol.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 3:34 am

Post by dybeck »

Ah yeah... i see what you guys are driving at.

Doesn't that mean we're doomed now, whatever happens?
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 4:11 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

No. If we go into night with 1 SK, 1 Mafia, and 3 townies, we still have a chance.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 8:42 am

Post by dybeck »

Sry... was being stupid. I wasn't considering the possibility that scum would kill each other.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”